ChiTown
08-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Love that kid.

He:

1. gets off the line quite well

2. has above average hands

3. moves well in the open field, and

4. appears to be able to hold his blocks

This kid looks like a steal in the 7th rd, but then again, Carl has shown he can draft in late rounds.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I guess I wasn't paying attention. But glad to hear it.

JBucc
08-17-2007, 08:42 AM
He was good. Looks like we have our 3rd TE. I thought he was taller than he looked out on the field though.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 08:44 AM
He caught that rocket over the middle that Croyle blasted to him and took the hit from behind and held onto the ball.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 08:46 AM
He caught that rocket over the middle that Croyle blasted to him and took the hit from behind and held onto the ball.

ok, I remember that play...

ChiefsFan4Life
08-17-2007, 08:47 AM
He was good. Looks like we have our 3rd TE. I thought he was taller than he looked out on the field though.

Same here! I kept hearing about how towering this guy was but didn't look big on the field at all.

But I am certainly impressed with him - he probably shined the most in that game.

Aside from the fumble muff, I liked what I saw from Ean Randolph as well.

Kylo Ren
08-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I hope he didn't look too good. We need to hide him on the PS.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
This kid looks like a steal in the 7th rd, but then again, Carl has shown he can draft in late rounds.

And Carl didn't hesitate to let the world know it.

The only other player that I can think of that stood out for game MVP honors would be Wilkerson. Wilkerson should get the nod over McBride for the first two weeks. McBride should be moved to the inside and be a pass rushing DT.

Has anyone noticed if they played Bell at DE at all?

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 08:53 AM

The only other player that I can think of that stood out for game MVP honors would be Wilkerson. Wilkerson should get the nod over McBride for the first two weeks. McBride should be moved to the inside and be a pass rushing DT.

I noticed McBride lining up at DE. I believe he is going to be Jared's fill in while he is out for those first two. So Wilkerson should definitely get the nod. He looked bad ass. Didn't see Bell, but that isn't unusual.

Chief Faithful
08-17-2007, 08:53 AM
The kid has excellent hands and is comfortable going over the middle. I'd like to see him make the team.

Chief Faithful
08-17-2007, 08:56 AM

I agree with Wilkerson in place of Allen, but I thought McBride looked real good subbing for Hali.

Did Bell even play? We should be calling him the 'invisible man'.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree about Wilkerson, but I'm wondering if he shouldn't start DT for Tank.

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 08:58 AM
The kid kinda looked like a Todd Heap or something out there. I think we got something to work with.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 08:59 AM

I know, it was funny listening to Carl stroke his own ego on national TV.

And I agree, I think they should stop ****ing around with McBride, move him inside, and develop him. He's got talent, and you see it in flashes, but I'm afraid he'll end up just like Wilkerson, floating around without a position, if they're not careful.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah - I've always been a fan of Wilkerson - he's one of those hard-working under-appreciated category players

I'd like to see him get a lot of good time in Jared's absence

GoHuge
08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
I thought he looked great. As far as towering over everybody you have to keep in mind how big most those guys are. TG doesn't really look like a monster on the field. In person that dude is huge!

ChiefsFan4Life
08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I thought he looked great. As far as towering over everybody you have to keep in mind how big most those guys are. TG doesn't really look like a monster on the field. In person that dude is huge!

Actually, Tony G DOES look like a monster on the field. He is the one who is towering over people. He made that LB on his first reception look like a dwarf

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Actually, Tony G DOES look like a monster on the field. He is the one who is towering over people. He made that LB on his first reception look like a dwarf
I'll always remember my first live Chiefs game in SD and I saw this huge dude on the end who was as big as an OL but was running down the field making crazy catches and dwarfing little CBs.

The Franchise
08-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Bell was on the inactive list for the game.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Bell was on the inactive list for the game.

good

it was nice not to see him sucking

shaneo69
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm impressed. How about you?

Hopefully he'll knock Sasquatch to the unemployment line, with Kolby and Boomer as the two FB's.

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Hopefully he'll knock Sasquatch to the unemployment line, with Kolby and Boomer as the two FB's.
I kinda feel bad for Wilson, I didn't think he did that bad of a job as a FB last year. I thought he was something of a pleasant surprise. I'd like to see Boomer out there too though.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM

I'd much rather see Sasquatch than Boomer.

Boomer is a complete waste of an offensive roster spot.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm beginning to think Boomer and Bell are the same person.

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM

More than Samie?

Fish
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM

As lovable as Boomer is, he has no business on that side of the line...

Redrum_69
08-17-2007, 09:22 AM

I'd rather watch corn grow in a field in Afghanistan than to see you waste my time with a post like this...

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
I'd rather watch corn grow in a field in Afghanistan than to see you waste my time with a post like this...
Poppies Red, Afghanistan is known for its poppies. Oh and goats I think.

Delano
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Speaking of Wilson, I would have liked to see Croyle place that pass in the endzone so that Wilson had a fighting chance.

I think Boomer makes the team based on his versatility. Special Teams, backup Fullback and even an emergency LB.

Delano
08-17-2007, 09:25 AM

That sounds like a recipe for a shitty football team.

StcChief
08-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Micheal Allen won't last on PS. how many players has King Carl tried to hide there, that are now starting elsewhere. Find a spot on roster

Wilson seems the odd man out.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:30 AM

I hope you're not insinuating that you think Boomer can actually be a good FB.

If you want to pull for the guy, fine. But don't be disappointed when he comes up short.

RealSNR
Hopefully he'll knock Sasquatch to the unemployment line, with Kolby and Boomer as the two FB's.What do you have against Wilson? He's the only playmaker we have at that position. Boomer is still a total n00b, and the fact that you're letting a fan favorite cloud your judgement in terms of ability is stupid.

htismaqe
Micheal Allen won't last on PS. how many players has King Carl tried to hide there, that are now starting elsewhere. Find a spot on roster

If it comes down to Wilson or Boomer, and they keep Boomer, I'll find another team to root for.

That might be the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
If it comes down to Wilson or Boomer, and they keep Boomer, I'll find another team to root for.

That might be the dumbest idea I've ever heard.
You'll throw away years of alegency and loyalty because they started a guy you didn't agree with at FB?

RealSNR
08-17-2007, 09:34 AM
You'll throw away years of alegency and loyalty because they started a guy you didn't agree with at FB?Sounds like not a true fan.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
You'll throw away years of alegency and loyalty because they started a guy you didn't agree with at FB?

Yeah, I just might.

I'm ****ing sick and tired of watching this team lose, and pushing a guy like Boomer into a potential starting role that he has NO BUSINESS occupying is the kind of thing that a losing team does.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Sounds like not a true fan.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Delano
08-17-2007, 09:37 AM

If Carl's intention was to send Allan to the practice squad, he would not have mentioned his name several times on national television.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM

Who are the top candidates?

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I just might.

I'm ****ing sick and tired of watching this team lose, and pushing a guy like Boomer into a potential starting role that he has NO BUSINESS occupying is the kind of thing that a losing team does.
I think HBO is doing a pretty good job.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Who are the top candidates?

Well, the Vikings, Bears, and Packers are all close geographically... :D

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I think HBO is doing a pretty good job.

Of?

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Of?
Stirring the pot.
Making us scream and yell over a simple FB spot.

RealSNR
08-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, the Vikings, Bears, and Packers are all close geographically... :DWhy don't you create a poll about it, Gosmaqe?

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Stirring the pot.
Making us scream and yell over a simple FB spot.

HBO has nothing to do with it.

I thought the Boomer experiment was a waste of time the minute it started. Seeing him sit there dumbfounded on Hard Knocks only proved that I was right to feel that way.

It doesn't help that the fanbase talks about the guy like he's Paul Bunyan.

It doesn't make any sense to me. Bitch about Carl Peterson ad nauseum, complain that Herm is too conservative, complain that we're a perennial 9-7 team, and in the same breath root for guys like Boomer Grigsby and Damon Huard to start.

At best, it's hypocritical. At worst, it's abject stupidity.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Why don't you create a poll about it, Gosmaqe?

ROFL

Thanks for playing the "true fan" card, Tom.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, the Vikings, Bears, and Packers are all close geographically... :D

That's tough.

Bears - you'll automatically be considered a bandwagon fan.
Vikings - indoor stadium wusses.
Packers - seem to be making the same QB mistake that KC may make (holding on to vets too long).

May I interest you in the Bills or Jaguars? You've got some old ties with Marv Levy and Deron Cherry.

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Exactly. They show a 10 second clip of him trying to figure something out in film and it pushed you even farther.
Personally, I don't think you have to be a genius to play FB. Whoever they decide to play I'm sure will have earned the job on merit and not on overall fan popularity.

Wait, this is Carl Peter$on we're talking about huh?

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
May I interest you in the Bills or Jaguars? You've got some old ties with Marv Levy and Deron Cherry.

ROFL

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Exactly. They show a 10 second clip of him trying to figure something out in film and it pushed you even farther.
Personally, I don't think you have to be a genius to play FB. Whoever they decide to play I'm sure will have earned the job on merit and not on overall fan popularity.

Wait, this is Carl Peter$on we're talking about huh?

Of course it pushed me farther. The guy has no business playing FB, plain and simple. And all HBO did was validate it.

The guy that wins the job will win it for precisely the reason you stated - merit - which is why I threw out the "I'll change teams" comment. I don't have to ever worry about switching teams because, at the end of the day, I have no doubt that Boomer won't be anywhere near the starting FB spot.

I just can't wait to listen to all the people bitch about it.

Redrum_69
08-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I just might.

Everyone has an attitude. Everywhere I go, everyday at work, everyday on the way home, everyday at home getting calls from people wanting money telemarketing, everyday on this website.

Everyone wants things done now..now...NOW and if its not then they get an attitude.

Everyone is quick to blame someone else for mistakes. Everyone on here blames Carl Peterson for not taking the Chiefs to the Superbowl, for not winning playoffs, for not drafting the right people...Everyone blames Lin Elliot, the defense, the offfense, the coaches, individual players, and whoever else screws up regardless if that player does his best.

You ever think that maybe you all have too many high expectations on people and then when they dont meet your expectations you fly off the handle!

Maybe you should look at the team as a whole and stop judging each player on their mistakes and look at their fundamentals instead. Are they giving their 100% for each play? Are they understanding their assignments? Some players can work hard every day..day in and day out on the practice field, the weight room, classroom, but yet you all just rip them up and down.

You all have NEVER been at their level of athleticism, regardless of how many times you say "I could do better than that." No..you cant, otherwise youd be out there on the field as part of the team. Instead you all are just bitter fans, not enjoying the game for what it is, but destroying the foundation of what Football stands for.

You all bring shame to the true fans out there. All you bandwagoneers. If the Chiefs had won the last two PRESEASON games you all would still critique every little move the players do. Why didnt he run this route? Why didnt he score? He should have done this...he should have done that...

What you all need to do, is step back, take a few deep breaths of oxygen and relax...enjoy life and football...

and most of all S T F U

shaneo69
08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I just might.

I don't think anyone's calling Boomer a starter. I would have Kimble, I mean Kolby Smith playing the majority of the FB snaps and Boomer would be goal line and ST. The FB isn't even going to see many snaps with our two TE or 3 WR offenses. And if Allan can handle the 3rd TE spot, what do we need Wilson for?

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Everyone has an attitude. Everywhere I go, everyday at work, everyday on the way home, everyday at home getting calls from people wanting money telemarketing, everyday on this website.

Everyone wants things done now..now...NOW and if its not then they get an attitude.

Everyone is quick to blame someone else for mistakes. Everyone on here blames Carl Peterson for not taking the Chiefs to the Superbowl, for not winning playoffs, for not drafting the right people...Everyone blames Lin Elliot, the defense, the offfense, the coaches, individual players, and whoever else screws up regardless if that player does his best.

You ever think that maybe you all have too many high expectations on people and then when they dont meet your expectations you fly off the handle!

Maybe you should look at the team as a whole and stop judging each player on their mistakes and look at their fundamentals instead. Are they giving their 100% for each play? Are they understanding their assignments? Some players can work hard every day..day in and day out on the practice field, the weight room, classroom, but yet you all just rip them up and down.

You all have NEVER been at their level of athleticism, regardless of how many times you say "I could do better than that." No..you cant, otherwise youd be out there on the field as part of the team. Instead you all are just bitter fans, not enjoying the game for what it is, but destroying the foundation of what Football stands for.

You all bring shame to the true fans out there. All you bandwagoneers. If the Chiefs had won the last two PRESEASON games you all would still critique every little move the players do. Why didnt he run this route? Why didnt he score? He should have done this...he should have done that...

What you all need to do, is step back, take a few deep breaths of oxygen and relax...enjoy life and football...

and most of all S T F U

ROFL

Thanks Boomer. Are you gonna dress next game, or just stand on the sideline with your mohawk?

shaneo69
08-17-2007, 10:04 AM

and most of all S T F U

I fugged your momma last night.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 10:05 AM
ROFL
Rich Stadium - it has tradition, it's a tough place to play in December. They have Buffalo Wings, not exactly barbecue but tasty and bad for your heart.

Jaguars - They have what you covet most - fantastic DT's and a head coach that kept an axe in the locker room until the punter decided to chop off his foot and ruin the fun for everyone. Leave it to a punter to screw it up. And best of all, they are desperate for fans.

L.A. Chieffan
Re-watching the game.... Ty Law made a nice tackle to save a TD.
Ronnie Brown pretty much ran thru us like nothing...

htismaqe
I don't think anyone's calling Boomer a starter. I would have Kimble, I mean Kolby Smith playing the majority of the FB snaps and Boomer would be goal line and ST. The FB isn't even going to see many snaps with our two TE or 3 WR offenses. And if Allan can handle the 3rd TE spot, what do we need Wilson for?

Wilson is 10x the FB Boomer is. If Kolby Smith is the starting FB, Wilson can still play the H-Back role.

I'd rather have a guy get a poor block on somebody that not get a block at all because they have no idea where they are.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Rich Stadium - it has tradition, it's a tough place to play in December. They have Buffalo Wings, not exactly barbecue but tasty and bad for your heart.

Jaguars - They have what you covet most - fantastic DT's and a head coach that kept an axe in the locker room until the punter decided to chop off his foot and ruin the fun for everyone. Leave it to a punter to screw it up. And best of all, they are desperate for fans.

ROFL

You're on a roll today.

HemiEd
08-17-2007, 10:17 AM
That's tough.

Bears - you'll automatically be considered a bandwagon fan.
Vikings - indoor stadium wusses.
Packers - seem to be making the same QB mistake that KC may make (holding on to vets too long).

He could join Skiptowne on the Chargers bandwagon...

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
He could join Skiptowne on the Chargers bandwagon...

Um, no. I could never root for a team that Proctor roots for.

Of course, I doubt he roots for the Chargers anymore. He's a man without a team until Marty gets another job.

Redrum_69
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
ROFL

Thanks Boomer. Are you gonna dress next game, or just stand on the sideline with your mohawk?

http://www.stargods.org/IntroJesus.jpg

HemiEd
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Um, no. I could never root for a team that Proctor roots for.

Of course, I doubt he roots for the Chargers anymore. He's a man without a team until Marty gets another job.
:) You will be rooting for the Chiefs when they merge with the Broncos in 2039, or something like that.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.stargods.org/IntroJesus.jpg

ROFL

Where do you find that shit?