PDA

View Full Version : What I saw (If you care. You know you do)

pikesome
08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Since I finally got my old TVTuner card recording games, I went over the first drive and this is what I saw. If you've got thoughts, share 'em. I'm not describing the whole play just what I thought watching it in slo-mo.

1st play:
2 WR, 2 Backs, 1 TE Passing
Wiegmann got pushed back 4 yards, would have been more but his man saw Huard move. Svitek had his guy out to the side pretty far. It looked like the coverage and the line moving back caused Huard to panic. Everyone besides Wiegmann then gave up on their blocks too soon. Still Huard probably shouldn't have had the ball in his hands. He looked confused and/or scared.

2nd Play:
2 WR, 2 Backs, 1 TE Running
Svitek goes upfield for his block, Waters picks up the DE. Wiegmann lets his man blow passed him while Wilson goes between C and RG (probably where he was supposed to go). This means that Bennett was touched behind the LOS but was able to break the one arm grab. Svitek looked solid on his block, not great, solid.

3rd Play:
Shotgun 2 WR, 2 Backs, 1 TE (TG slot) Passing
Play looked pretty good, TG was open but there were other possibles. The Oline held against a 4 man rush but Svitek was almost beat. His man got knocked down then back up and reached for Huard. Should have gotten his man more removed but it worked well.

4th Play:
2 WR right, 2 backs, 1 TE Running
Svitek moves his man out, away from the play, Waters doesn't move his man. Bennett then runs in to them. Soliai, the 4th round rookie Dolphin gets off Waters' block and grabs Bennett bring him down. Waters seemed like he gave up on the play. TG was especially through though.

5th Play:
2 WR, 2 Backs, 1 TE Running
The Phins rush 6 so it looks like a cluster in the middle. From what I can guess it was a run outside right, Waters pulls and goes to block outside Turley but Wilson blocks the man Waters was aiming at leaving Waters no man or room to find one. Weigmann gets pushed so far back the only reason he didn't end up in the stands was that his man saw the play moving outside. Svitek did a good job of blocking, I don't know if he was supposed to get his man away from the play more, they sidestepped right but Bennett should have been gone before his man could make a play.

6th Play:
2 WR, 2 Backs, 1 TE Passing
A well run play by the Phins, they rush 6 again, 2 extras come around the right side. Bennett picks up the inside one, I think he should have picked the outside Phin because he was in a better position to pressure Huard but I don't know the scheme for RB blocking. Svitek's man drops back as soon as he sees that Bennett didn't get the ball so Will blocks dickus. Other than that it was a good play by the Phins, nice openfield tackle. The only bitch I might have is that if the pass had gotten to Wilson quicker he might have had a chance to make his man miss him.

Then we punt.

The vets on the Oline looked worse than Svitek on this drive. Will is not great, maybe not even good but he was trying harder, more than Waters and wasn't getting pushed around like Weigmann. Communication/assignments looked confused a bit too, it is preseason. I hope they get the Oline solidified soon or it's going to be Chicken Little time for real.

I'm planning on doing this same thing with Croyle's good drive but it takes time and attention, going over game film is work and I'm only looking at broadcast footage, I pity the coaching staff (not too much though).

Planetman
08-17-2007, 10:49 AM
You're wrong. I don't care. That why God gave me eyes of my own. :p

pikesome
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
You're wrong. I don't care. That why God gave me eyes of my own. :p

Is this sarcasm or am I really wrong? I'm not going to claim any great knowledge but it I was trying to figure out why the Oline looked so rough. This is what I saw (or thought I saw as the case may be).

Reaper16
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Is this sarcasm or am I really wrong? I'm not going to claim any great knowledge but it I was trying to figure out why the Oline looked so rough. This is what I saw (or thought I saw as the case may be).
He was just referencing the thread title. "... If you care. You know you do."

Hammock Parties
08-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey pikesome, what card do you have? I'm looking into one and not sure what to get. Can I still watch the game on my TV while the PC records it?

pikesome
08-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey pikesome, what card do you have? I'm looking into one and not sure what to get. Can I still watch the game on my TV while the PC records it?

I have an old Hauppauge WinTV FM card. Does only Analog. It's been a pain to use because I haven't gotten Linux to record through it (my fault, not Linux's) so I have a basic XP install I boot to for recording and I use the bundled recorder. My soundtrack creeps.