PDA

View Full Version : If Allan and Taylor make the roster

el borracho
08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
that would be the entire '07 draft class. Everyone but Maxey (fifth round) made it last year, too. Crazy when one thinks about all the Thorpes, Killians, Parquets and Longs of just a few years ago. Herm is fulfilling at least one objective: youth on the roster.

Hootie
08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Speaking of Allan...was he awesome yesterday or what?

StcChief
08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Allan makes it. TE of Future?

Kylo Ren
08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
How can Allan make the roster? We'll only keep 3 TE's, right? I'd like him to, but don't see how he can.

Hootie
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
How can Allan make the roster? We'll only keep 3 TE's, right? I'd like him to, but don't see how he can.
well after the way he caught the ball yesterday and made plays, we should definitely keep him...

Tony G/Dunn/Allan

Kris Wilson can be used as FB/TE...so his versatility gets him a roster spot, too.

Delano
08-17-2007, 11:10 AM

Gonzalez
Dunn
Allan

Am I missing something?

el borracho
08-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Gonzalez is the only lock at TE. Who are the other two that push Allan off the roster?

Anyong Bluth
08-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Dunn is a lock; his blocking is key, and he'd be picked up in a heartbeat if the Chiefs dropped him- which they won't.

Frankie
08-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Dunn is a lock; his blocking is key, and he'd be picked up in a heartbeat if the Chiefs dropped him- which they won't.
I don't know!.... Herm wouldn't give him a room on the first floor. :hmmm:

Priest4Prez
08-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Dunn is da bomb

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Allan is definitely in.

Micjones
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Allan absolutely makes the team.
If he doesn't get ready for another Ryan Lilja-esque disappointment.

Frankie
08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Allan is definitely in.
I really think he will be in the practice squad. Unless he has another outing in the next game, nobody will be interested in stealing him off our PS and have to place him on their active roster.

The Franchise
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Who is going to steal the spot from him? We'll have Wilson and Boomer at FB and Gonzo, Dunn and Allan at TE.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Dunn could very well start the season on PUP.

Even then, who else would be the 3rd TE? Wilson, if he makes the team, will be a FB.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
I really think he will be in the practice squad. Unless he has another outing in the next game, nobody will be interested in stealing him off our PS and have to place him on their active roster.

No freaking way. After the way Carl raved about him on national TV, there's NO WAY they'd try to hide him on the PS. We'd end up losing him.

He's gonna make the active roster.

Inspector
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Carl damn well better put him on the active roster. Otherwise last night was Allen's audition for his next team.

Anyong Bluth
08-17-2007, 12:57 PM
He's making the team- they pimped about him when they drafted him, and featured him way more than a team trying to "hide" him on the PS on a national TV game- this isn't real hard to figure out.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Allan was dropping everything in training camp. I'm thinking he's one of those "with the lights on" guys.

nychief
08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Allen makes the team - Boomer does not. Wilson is our FB.

Has Herb Taylor played well?

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM

That's what I'm hoping too.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 02:07 PM
yeah, let's not have another whats-his-name situation...the OG the Colt's stole from us, who has been a starter for them ever since....good job DV

penchief
08-17-2007, 02:12 PM

Did you see this guy catch the football? Dude has hands. And he didn't seem at all intimidated coming from a division III school and all. He looks like the real deal to me. He can obviously run a route and sure as hell can snag the ball. He has size, too. If he turns out to be a good blocker he could end up being a damn good football player.

I think he makes the roster easy.

Micjones
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm hoping he does more than make the team.
I'm hoping they give him a chance to contribute this year.
We need as many offensive weapons as possible this season.

Let Croyle get on time with his safety valves for years to come...
Bowe & Allan.

go bo
08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
on behalf of boomer, thank you for your support...

on behalf of allan, thank you for your support...

on behalf of bowe, let me just say you ain't seen nothing yet... :D :D :D

kcchiefsus
08-17-2007, 02:29 PM

And he hasn't even practiced yet so...

Spicy McHaggis
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM

I didn't get to see all the Miami game last night. Has Boomer even played yet this preseason?

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM
I didn't get to see all the Miami game last night. Has Boomer even played yet this preseason?

Nope. Hasn't even suited up yet.

nychief
08-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Boomer is a nice stor - but this rib thing is killing him. Wilson played all right last year out of the backfield. Allen looks like a player - I doesn't take long to fill in the blanks.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't believe anyone still thinks Boomer isn't going to make the roster. He's a lock.

nychief
08-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I can't believe anyone still thinks Boomer isn't going to make the roster. He's a lock.

why? He is not a very good football player.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
why? He is not a very good football player.

Boomer starts on every special teams unit. The Chiefs think he has a future at fullback and aren't going to give up on this project so quickly. If he can't hack it next preseason he'll probably get cut IMO.

Micjones
08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
If Grigsby's a lock it's because we have jack and shit at FB and because of his ST ability.

nychief
08-17-2007, 04:52 PM
Boomer starts on every special teams unit. The Chiefs think he has a future at fullback and aren't going to give up on this project so quickly. If he can't hack it next preseason he'll probably get cut IMO.

I forgot I was messaging with a journalist. I like an underdog like anybody else, but I think that boomer is over matched NFL. I hope he succeeds. I don't want to lose Allen so that a cult figure can make the roster. I have hope that they will make the right decision.

Buehler445
08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
After watching Allan play yesterday, they better make a place for him. Shit, put him at WR, he may outplay the guys we have there now.

RealSNR
08-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Taylor's been looking great at RT :hmmm:

aturnis
08-18-2007, 12:59 AM
I forgot I was messaging with a journalist. I like an underdog like anybody else, but I think that boomer is over matched NFL. I hope he succeeds. I don't want to lose Allen so that a cult figure can make the roster. I have hope that they will make the right decision.

I just don't understand a post like this... did you read any of the thread?

How does Grigsby affect Allen's chances of making the team? They'll probably keep 3 TE's, Gonzalez, Dunn and Allen. Unless you think Keith Willis or Pinkard will beat out your boy.

Also everyone knows Kris Wilson will be kept on as a TE/FB so that won't affect him either. Along with Kris, Grigsby should be kept as a FB. I don't think Gil Harris will impress enough to make the Chiefs give up their project on Boomer. The coaches like him, the fans like him. He's got a motor and heart. He'll be on the team.