PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sad to hear our O is now called a "Field Goal Offense".

chiefsfan1963
08-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I heard it on NFL Access. Given what I'm seeing from our rookie kicker it is going to be an ugly to watch our O this year.

It is sad to see how far our O has fallen the last 2 years.

HonestChieffan
08-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Wouldnt you have to score FG's for that to even make any sense at all.???

chiefforlife
08-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Even worse is the fact that we CANT make field goals...

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Let's all hold hands and have a good cry.

Oh woe is us. If only Herm would start Damon Huard, everything would be all better.

Redrum_69
08-17-2007, 12:11 PM
PRE SEASON GAMES

TEX
08-17-2007, 12:20 PM
I wonder what Herm will say when the Defense is on the field the whole game this time around?

Rain Man
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I've been beaten to the punch, but technically we can only be called a "field goal offense" 50 percent of the time.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I heard it on NFL Access. Given what I'm seeing from our rookie kicker it is going to be an ugly to watch our O this year.

It is sad to see how far our O has fallen the last 2 years.

Dick called, he wants his dick out of your mouth.

morphius
08-17-2007, 12:43 PM
Every time I think about our offense all I can think of is a line from the comedian Eddie Izzard when talking about Hitler and Napoleon trying and failing to take over Russia. I just replace Napoleon with Marty and Hitler with Herm and paraphrase it in my head.

Napoleon had been steaming in there 100 years before: "I'm going to kill them, I'm going to kill them, going to… Oh, it's a bit cold, it's a bit cold. Right! Ok, ok, bad idea." And then Hitler, "I've got a better idea, got a better idea… Oh, it's the same idea! It's the same idea, it's the same idea..."

morphius
not funny, just is what it is.

MGRS13
08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Every time I think about our offense all I can think of is a line from the comedian Eddie Izzard when talking about Hitler and Napoleon trying and failing to take over Russia. I just replace Napoleon with Marty and Hitler with Herm and paraphrase it in my head.

morphius
Wow this seemed a lot funnier coming from Izzard....quick rewrite it using an accent while wearing a dress.

Redrum_69
08-17-2007, 12:47 PM

morphius

You have reached an all time low.

Lower than Parkermaqe

you shouldnt have even posted anything about that

gblowfish
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I felt the same way.

I watched the "field goal offense" for years under John "Sleepy" Mackovic.

That's one reason Nick Lowery's scoring records were so high. He'd kick 3 field goals and we'd get beat 14-9 all the time.

Suck-o-rama.

Been there, seen that.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM

Oh woe is us. If only Herm would start Damon Huard, everything would be all better.

ROFL ROFL

Why people listen to the network guys is beyond me.

And I love how ESPN, NFLN, etc can determine we're a FG offense when our starters have played a TOTAL of about 1.5 quarters of football in the past 2 games.

Get a grip, people.

Remember this time last year, we had lost our second PS game? Meltdown Central.

I don't recall anyone bitching about losing in the PS in December last year.....

We should rename this place www.bipolarplanet.com

MGRS13
08-17-2007, 12:54 PM
ROFL ROFL

Why people listen to the network guys is beyond me.

And I love how ESPN, NFLN, etc can determine we're a FG offense when our starters have played to TOTAL of about 1.5 quarters of football in the past 2 games.

Get a grip, people.

Remember this time last year, we had lost our second PS game?

I don't recall anyone bitching about losing in the PS in December last year.....

We should rename this place www.bipolarplanet.com
Has anyone seen E. Smith on countdown what an idiot. Last week when asked who his impact rookie of the year would be he said Travis Henry in denver then this week he said the chiefs shouldn't have let Green go because all we have at Qb now is two YOUNG unknown kids. He is clueless.

keg in kc
That's what happens when a hall of fame LT retires and there's nobody on the roster to take his place.

StcChief
The sky is falling were doomed. all ticket holder demand refunds. Empty seats is the answer. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
The sky is falling were doomed. all ticket holder demand refunds. Empty seats is the answer. :rolleyes:

The "Chicken Little Live From Arrowhead" pic is going to be getting a lot of play, I suspect......

Logical
08-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Oh woe is us. If only Herm would start Damon Huard, everything would be all better.No, if Herm and Solari quit it might, might get better.

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Good thing Herm fixed the offense, it scored WAY too much and WAY too fast.

morphius
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Wow this seemed a lot funnier coming from Izzard....quick rewrite it using an accent while wearing a dress.
Yup, I picture him when I think it,which makes me laugh in my head every time I think about it. Found an entire transcript out there (http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/d2ktranscription.html)

I'm honestly in a complete wait and see mode with this team. I have low expectations, but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

FloridaMan88
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
That's what happens when a hall of fame LT retires and there's nobody on the roster to take his place.

Well that is what happens when you go nearly 10 years without drafting an offensive lineman in the first or second rounds of the draft.

Brock
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Well that is what happens when you go nearly 10 years without drafting an offensive lineman in the first or second rounds of the draft.

We're all very thankful to Grandpa Dick for that.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM

ROFL

I can only imagine how bad you'd be bitching if we would have spent a 1st-round draft pick on a LT when we had Willie Roaf.

Dr. Van Halen
08-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Remember ESPN and NFLN are both filled with basically New York people. Their feelings about our offense has more to do with how they feel about Herm than it does reality.

morphius
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Remember ESPN and NFLN are both filled with basically New York people. Their feelings about our offense has more to do with how they feel about Herm than it does reality.
Well, Herm is the guy who was FORCED to bring in someone to assist Hackett because the offense was so horrible. Not that it wasn't bad enough that he even HIRED Hackett to being with, but then to help him as assistant OC he hired one of the three stooges after he was fired from KC.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, Herm is the guy who was FORCED to bring in someone to assist Hackett because the offense was so horrible. Not that it wasn't bad enough that he even HIRED Hackett to being with, but then to help him as assistant OC he hired one of the three stooges after he was fired from KC.

Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett, on the same staff.

I have visions of that scene from Ghostbusters, when Bill Murray is addressing the Mayor.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett, on the same staff.

I have visions of that scene from Ghostbusters, when Bill Murray is addressing the Mayor.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Around the 2:00 mark.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w91-GMc3j7I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w91-GMc3j7I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 01:55 PM
The Field Goal Offense is bad. Not because it isn't true, but because it doesn't have a ring to it. Not catchy enough like the "32 Defense".

I think the Planet can do better.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 01:57 PM
The Field Goal Offense is bad. Not because it isn't true, but because it doesn't have a ring to it. Not catchy enough like the "32 Defense".

I always thought the _efense was rather ingenious...

Redrum_69
08-17-2007, 01:59 PM

You wouldnt think that if youve ever been to Methdependence or Raytown...

Ebolapox
08-17-2007, 02:07 PM
ROFL

I can only imagine how bad you'd be bitching if we would have spent a 1st-round draft pick on a LT when we had Willie Roaf.

john tait....victor riley....WHOOOOOOOO, SCAAARRRREY!!

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2007, 02:14 PM

Oh woe is us. If only Herm would start Damon Huard, everything would be all better.LMAO

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I wonder what Herm will say when the Defense is on the field the whole game this time around?Care for a tissue?

BigMeatballDave
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM

morphius
not funny, just is what it is.I have seen that show. Funny stand-up.

Dave Lane
08-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I felt the same way.

I watched the "field goal offense" for years under John "Sleepy" Mackovic.

That's one reason Nick Lowery's scoring records were so high. He'd kick 3 field goals and we'd get beat 14-9 all the time.

Suck-o-rama.

Been there, seen that.

Get ready for more. Actually I'm not sure if anyone heard the quote from Herm after the game but he said "You know if we punt every possession thats success thats all we need to do"

Dave

morphius
08-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I have seen that show. Funny stand-up.
I LMAO just rereading the transcript.

HonestChieffan
08-17-2007, 02:40 PM
he said what?

FAX
08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Get ready for more. Actually I'm not sure if anyone heard the quote from Herm after the game but he said "You know if we punt every possession thats success thats all we need to do"

Dave

Damn. This would be, perhaps, the greatest Hermerism of all times.

When did he say this, Mr. Dave Lane? Is there a recording? A transcript?

FAX

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
ROFL

listopencil
08-17-2007, 03:43 PM

20-2-20 Offense? Or "2220" for short.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2007, 03:45 PM

Dave

No Herm said if every possession ends in a kick it would be okay.

Calcountry
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
No Herm said if every possession ends in a kick it would be okay.Yes, missed field goals are kicks too.

morphius
08-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Yes, missed field goals are kicks too.
So are extra points and kick offs...

teedubya
08-17-2007, 05:25 PM
No. We are RUN RUN PASS PUNT.

Rain Man
08-17-2007, 05:35 PM

"Three yards and a cloud of punts"?

FAX
08-17-2007, 05:41 PM
"Three yards and a cloud of punts"?

ROFL

FAX

Calcountry
08-17-2007, 07:01 PM
So are extra points and kick offs...So are missed Extra points, KO's to the opponents 20, and desparation on side kicks, so what is your point?

We scored 10 points yesterday and had missed FG's so it mustj've been real successful in Herms book.

morphius
08-17-2007, 08:15 PM
So are missed Extra points, KO's to the opponents 20, and desparation on side kicks, so what is your point?

We scored 10 points yesterday and had missed FG's so it mustj've been real successful in Herms book.
My point was that he might be including the two I listed, and not just punts and FG's.

I'm not sure that I have ever really had lower expectations for a Chiefs offense, so eh.

morphius
08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
No. We are RUN RUN PASS PUNT.
I laughed pretty hard when on 3rd and long we passed the ball to the FB, who came up a few yards short. It was like watching one of Hackett wet dreams.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Herm has Solari's family held hostage on game day...if we score more than 15 points they get whacked...kind of like the dilemma in Speed if you think about it....

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 08:21 PM
I laughed pretty hard when on 3rd and long we passed the ball to the FB, who came up a few yards short. It was like watching one of Hackett wet dreams.

nothing drives me crazier than that...why even run the play? just punt on 3rd down if you're going to give up anyways....

morphius
08-17-2007, 08:22 PM
nothing drives me crazier than that...why even run the play? just punt on 3rd down if you're going to give up anyways....
On this play it was a big blitz with some pressure, so I could understand the quick pass, but I still got a chuckle.

Bearcat
08-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Come on guys, we had a chance not to lose both games so far this preseason, and that's what it's all about, right? ;)

milkman
08-18-2007, 06:13 AM
No Herm said if every possession ends in a kick it would be okay.

Makes sense.

It is foot ball, after all.

milkman
08-18-2007, 06:19 AM

The (Lin) Elliot offense.

FAX
08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
The "O" Noe.

FAX

HonestChieffan
08-18-2007, 08:31 AM
The Doom Train was yesterdays ride.

Lets put special back in Special Teams. Sis Boom Bah!

08-18-2007, 08:37 AM
The (Lin) Elliot offense.
That is a bannable offense.

alanm
08-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Why do I feel like it's Ground Hog Day? Every year it's the same crap. After 2 preseason games everyone comes to the conclusion that the Chiefs can't block or tackle, move the ball, stop the ball, or kick the ball. And of course we're going 0-16. But for some reason I can't wait for this season to unfold. This year is going to be a lot more fun to watch the Chiefs then they have been in years past. Vermeils team for the most part are all gone. It's a brand new Chiefs team emerging. They're not going to out score teams to win. Their going to have to do it the old fashioned way by playing good defense and ball control offense. Their going to have to physically whip teams in order to win games. Their a few skill players short but I can see where Herm is going with this team. I'm fine with a team playing great defense and play action passing. I know that in order for the Chiefs to do well this fall their going to have to be mentally ready every week as well as play with emotion. It's going to be a fun season.

Calcountry
08-18-2007, 12:14 PM
The "Green" zone offense, as in, we never will taste the Red Zone.

htismaqe
08-18-2007, 02:31 PM
My point was that he might be including the two I listed, and not just punts and FG's.

I'm not sure that I have ever really had lower expectations for a Chiefs offense, so eh.

It'll just make it that much more funny when they catch fire and finish in the top 10 in points scored.

morphius
08-18-2007, 02:40 PM
It'll just make it that much more funny when they catch fire and finish in the top 10 in points scored.
Yup, the advantage of pessimism, if we suck, then I expected it and am okay, if they don't then I can enjoy that as well. lol

Bearcat
08-18-2007, 03:23 PM
They're not going to out score teams to win.

The Moral Victory Offense

morphius
08-18-2007, 03:27 PM
The Moral Victory Offense
o u c h...

rad
08-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I refer to it as the Awfense.

CupidStunt
08-18-2007, 04:38 PM
The step-child.

chiefsfan1963
08-18-2007, 05:47 PM
I have the lowest of low expectation for this team as far W-L record this season. I can't see how we won't get a Top 10 pick in next year's draft maybe a Top 5. With all our picks and I believe some extra's it should be
a good opportunity for us to get some really good talent on our team. The talent we do accumulate in the next 3 years will be available to the new regime once Herm and CP exit.

I'm hoping 3 more seasons will finally close the CP chapter once and for all.

the Talking Can
08-18-2007, 05:50 PM
the nofence...