PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Izzard - Tonite!

Megbert
08-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Going to see the "Executive Transvestite" tonite in Scottsdale. Taking my GF who is a big fan of 'British' humor. It's a surprise, so I hope she likes Mr Izzard.

kaplin42
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
His Stand up "Dressed to Kill" is a staple in any stand up comedian library. He is pretty damn funny, and has a great delivery. One of my favorite comics.

"....ohhh, the President of Barundee you say"

DaFace
08-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Awesome! I didn't know he was touring again. I wonder if he's coming to Denver...

EDIT: Damn, no dice. I'll definitely have to keep my eye out, though.

RealSNR
08-18-2007, 06:13 PM
One of the best minds in comedy. Though some of them have a common theme, he never repeats jokes. Hope there's a DVD of this

Kylo Ren
08-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Going to see the "Executive Transvestite" tonite in Scottsdale. Taking my GF who is a big fan of 'British' humor. It's a surprise, so I hope she likes Mr Izzard. I HATE that guy. I don't find him funny at all. :mad:

RealSNR
08-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I HATE that guy. I don't find him funny at all. :mad:YOU SAID DEATH FIRST! AHAHAHAHAH!

Baby Lee
08-18-2007, 06:31 PM
D@mn, I thought I was gonna get a TV listing.
Ironically, I was burning through a few episodes of The Riches right before I checked in.

In a slightly related vein, I've been DVRing episodes of Graham Norton on BBCA, very entertaining talk show. Right up there with Conan as the best on air.

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2007, 07:36 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4K9811LaivA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4K9811LaivA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

morphius
08-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Ha! I quote him one day and then a thread the next.

I have been reading one of the transcripts from his comedy show, pretty funny to read if you have seen the show.

http://www.auntiemomo.com/cakeordeath/d2ktranscription.html

Megbert
08-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Just got back kept the surprise until we got to our seats luckily there were no signs or posters of him to give it away. I was going to just make her wait till he came out but finally gave in and let her see the tickets. Really entertaining show had some common themes from some of his earlier stuff but it was fresh. Talked quite a bit about "Intelligent Design", Sparta and the movie 300, Hannibal, Romans and so on. No womens clothing - jeans, shirt and blazer. Came back for an encore started to talk about protesting whether it be Darfur, Global Warming, The war on terror (thought dammit here we go gotta be all serious). Then he mentioned how stupid these brits were that were fighting for their right to fox hunt. Proceeded to make fun of them.

Fishpicker
08-19-2007, 12:43 AM
what did he say in regards to protesting the W.o.T.?

Anyong Bluth
08-19-2007, 12:55 AM
cake or death. His stand up and David Cross are staples of my occasional listening. I never get tired of it.

Buehler445
08-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Cake or Death is classic!!! also enjoyed when he talked about the chiropractor.

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2007, 04:18 AM
"Two cats - small ears, inside the boat. Two ducks…”
The ducks are going, "We're not coming."
"Well, there's going to be a huge ****off flood."
"So?"
. . .
I mean at some point getting two of everything, and getting two ducks, and there's loads of ducks swimming around...
"What are you two up there for? What are you doing in that bloody Ark?"
"We're special."

Megbert
08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
what did he say in regards to protesting the W.o.T.?
He just mentioned Darfur, Global Warming and W.o.T. as things that had some merit to be protested and then brought up the people in England protesting for their right to fox hunt.