PDA

View Full Version : Ebay a-hole - check it!

Stryker
08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
So I was searching eBay for Chiefs items - Browsing if you will. I saw this item that this idiot wants $1000 for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190142786305&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:US:11

So I slam him and tell him good luck for $1000 on a helmet that is

A) A Shutt not a Ridell

B) The logos are backwards

So I email him this info and I get this response from him...

Dear lachiefsfan,

Thanks for the info on the logos, I didnt even notice. As for the Helmet being a Schutt. Who cares.. its the autos people care about, and the
Schutt is Authentic. Enjoy another losing season for KC. Later

- fantasticktickets

NOW IF YOU LOOK AT THE ITEM IT IS ENDED!

REP FOR ME! :thumb: ROFL

88TG88
08-18-2007, 08:35 PM
WTF ? I wouldn't pay for 1 grand for that even if the Chiefs were good.

The Franchise
08-18-2007, 08:38 PM
That'd be an awesome helmet if it wasn't fake....and wasn't $1000.

Stryker
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
That'd be an awesome helmet if it wasn't fake....and wasn't $1000.

I totally agree.

elvomito
08-18-2007, 08:47 PM
well, he's got a ridell for $750 obo... someone offer him $20
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kansas-City-Chiefs-Team-Signed-FS-Helmet-L-Johnson_W0QQitemZ190134752657QQihZ009QQcategoryZ27276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Real men should not collect the autographs of other living men. If that's not a rule of life, it should be.

88TG88
08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Real men should not collect the autographs of other living men. If that's not a rule of life, it should be.
I have an autographed card of Tony G. Thats ok because he's not a man he is a supernatural being.

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, Tony G. is the exception to the rule, of course.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Autographs are stupid.

unothadeal
08-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Autographs are stupid.
Explain.

morphius
08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Tony G. is the exception to the rule, of course.
I have a mini hockey helmet signed by Patrick Roy, god of goalies. The wife bought that for me, other then that I don't have anything signed, and don't understand the fascination with autographs either.

Phobia
08-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I have autographed items I've purchased at charity auctions. I've never solicited an autograph that wasn't for a charity auction, though.

88TG88
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I have a mini hockey helmet signed by Patrick Roy, god of goalies. The wife bought that for me, other then that I don't have anything signed, and don't understand the fascination with autographs either.
If you have a card autographed by Walter Payton or DT that could fetch some cash. I don't really see the sentimental value of an autograph.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Explain.

They're dumb. It's someone's signature. Woo-freakin'-hoo. If someone gave me a choice between an 8x10 autographed picture of LJ and a non-autographed 24x30 photo of LJ, I take the bigger one every time. Tons of them are forged, anyway. What's the friggin' point?

morphius
08-18-2007, 11:02 PM
If you have a card autographed by Walter Payton or DT that could fetch some cash. I don't really see the sentimental value of an autograph.
Well, that is different.

Simplex3
08-19-2007, 05:02 AM
I take it most of you who don't understand autographs DO wear some other dude's shirt (jersey), right? You know, just like a high school cheerleader would wear her boyfriend's jersey?

DenverChief
08-19-2007, 06:49 AM

I have an autographed DT rookie card

Rain Man
08-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I take it most of you who don't understand autographs DO wear some other dude's shirt (jersey), right? You know, just like a high school cheerleader would wear her boyfriend's jersey?

I must admit that I despise the fact that they put the player's name on the back of the jerseys now when they sell them at Arrowhead. My Deron Cherry jersey doesn't have a name on it. It's just a jersey number. I do indeed feel a little silly wearing a jersey that says "Thomas" or "Holmes" on it. Anyone who knows anything knows who the jersey belongs to anyway.

However, I must state that I didn't go squealing to the guy holding out the jersey so he could put his name on it, thereby basically informing the world that this 22 year-old guy must be better than me because I want his autograph and he doesn't want mine.

Al Bundy
08-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I only have 1 autograph and it is an early 80's Pirates hat with Willie Stargell's autograph.

blueballs
08-19-2007, 10:47 AM
It's getting the autograph-not the autograph it's self
standing next to a player who stinks from practice
and happy to smell what they're a cookin'

Hootie
08-19-2007, 10:51 AM
enjoy another losing season for KC?! We had a winning season last year.

Gay.

teedubya
08-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I have several of my own autograph.

dtebbe
08-19-2007, 10:56 AM
He was nice. I would have told you to lick my balls and get a life.

DT

Simplex3
08-19-2007, 10:58 AM
However, I must state that I didn't go squealing to the guy holding out the jersey so he could put his name on it, thereby basically informing the world that this 22 year-old guy must be better than me because I want his autograph and he doesn't want mine.
Did you f**k him after prom, too?

:D

KcMizzou
08-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Backwards logos, wow. LMAO

Quality merchandise, right there.

cosmo20002
08-19-2007, 04:07 PM

The rule should be no asking for an autograph of someone younger than you. And no paying for an autograph, ever.

Bob Dole
08-19-2007, 04:41 PM
So I was searching eBay for Chiefs items - Browsing if you will. I saw this item that this idiot wants $1000 for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190142786305&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:US:11

So I slam him and tell him good luck for $1000 on a helmet that is

A) A Shutt not a Ridell

B) The logos are backwards

So I email him this info and I get this response from him...

Dear lachiefsfan,

Thanks for the info on the logos, I didnt even notice. As for the Helmet being a Schutt. Who cares.. its the autos people care about, and the
Schutt is Authentic. Enjoy another losing season for KC. Later

- fantasticktickets

NOW IF YOU LOOK AT THE ITEM IT IS ENDED!

REP FOR ME! :thumb: ROFL

So did you just thump your chest and punk the guy, or did you do something responsible like report the fraudulent item to eBay?

Tribal Warfare
08-19-2007, 04:49 PM

exception, Childhood heroes I have DT, Marcus Allen, Ray Nitschke, Bart Starr,Joe Montana, and Jerry Rice

Rain Man
08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, I'm willing to have an exception to the "no autographs from living men" rule to expand it to "no autographs from living men younger than you". I think that's a reasonable rule that will also satisfy the "acceptable to get autographs from childhood heroes" exception. Thanks for helping me flesh this out to a sustainable and reasonable man policy.

tburg
08-19-2007, 05:23 PM
well, he's got a ridell for $750 obo... someone offer him $20
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kansas-City-Chiefs-Team-Signed-FS-Helmet-L-Johnson_W0QQitemZ190134752657QQihZ009QQcategoryZ27276QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wish me luck I gave him an OBO of 10.33...

OnTheWarpath15
08-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Okay, I'm willing to have an exception to the "no autographs from living men" rule to expand it to "no autographs from living men younger than you". I think that's a reasonable rule that will also satisfy the "acceptable to get autographs from childhood heroes" exception. Thanks for helping me flesh this out to a sustainable and reasonable man policy.

I guess I've broken the man rule then.

I collect jerseys, game memorabilia, autographs, etc. I don't do it to resell them, I do it because I enjoy it, and I hope to pass my collection on to a child of my own someday, like my father did for me.

I don't pay for autographs, everything I have has been signed in person. I also don't stalk guys at the team hotel, or bother them if I see them out on the town.

And provided he signs before the opener, I'll be looking to get LJ to sign my Authentic at the opener in Houston. We have front row seats in the end zone where the Chiefs warm up, so I should have a good opportunity.

Guess I just have a difference of opinion on the issue.....