PDA

View Full Version : A one-day rerun of your life. Which day?

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 08:46 PM
If you could go back in time and witness a past day in your life, what day would you pick?

The rules:

1. You cannot say anything or do anything or in any way interact. All you can do is be a viewer.

2. You may pick a specific day/date if you have one, or you can also just describe a day that you know existed.

3. You must always be within six feet of the younger you, and within line of sight. (In other words, you can't go back to a specific day and then ditch yourself and go into the girls' locker room, unless of course the younger you went into the women's locker room, in which case you can go, too.)

For me, I would probably go back to a family Christmas back when I was somewhere between 7 and 10. I suspect that in one of those Christmases, my parents made the trek to both sides of the family - my mom's and my dad's - in the same day, and that's the day I'd want. I'd really like to see what my grandparents were like when they were still active, and what my parents were like in their twenties. It'd also be fun to see me as a child of that age, along with my sister and cousins. I have memories of those Christmases, and it'd be nice to see a rerun.

Mr. Plow
08-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm going to think about this for a bit.

The Franchise
08-18-2007, 08:50 PM
My first day of basic training in the Air Force. It'd be interesting to see how scared and nervous I looked because I was too busy being scared and nervous....and trying to stand still and not move a muscle.

I'd probably be laughing the whole time.

FAX
08-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Can this be a day in the future, Mr. Rain Man?

FAX

88TG88
08-18-2007, 08:54 PM
The day I lost my virginity. I'm curiious how stupid I sounded and looked trying to score.

Mr. Plow
08-18-2007, 08:54 PM

FAX

I was just about to asked that Mr. Fax.

Mr. Plow
08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
The day I lost my virginity. I'm curiious how stupid I sounded and looked trying to score.

The video is on youtube, you should check it out. Funny as shit.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Probably that day at McCoy Elementary school when I tried to play quarterback.

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 09:04 PM

FAX

For this particular exercise, it must be a day in the past. Otherwise, we would have to determine whether a Chiefs Super Bowl represents a realistic future or a future where apes have taken over the world.

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Probably that day at McCoy Elementary school when I tried to play quarterback.

Do you think seeing it again would exorcise some demons? Remember that you can't change anything.

Abba-Dabba
08-18-2007, 09:08 PM
None.

If I couldn't experience it in the first person the way I did the first time. What really is the point of doing it?

Hammock Parties
Do you think seeing it again would exorcise some demons? Remember that you can't change anything.

I don't really have any demons. Nothing traumatic has ever happened to me.

Just seemed like an interesting scene. Like something out of the Wonder Years.

FAX
Can I split the day up into parts? Or, must it be an entire 24 hour day all at once?

FAX

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Can I split the day up into parts? Or, must it be an entire 24 hour day all at once?

FAX

One 24-hour period. Father Time does not allow channel surfing.

boogblaster
08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Probably the day the "ole bone-cracker" told me..I can't fix your back anymore..I should have went to the hospital that day and got cut on..Stupid me now 9 years later I've got major nerve-damage and can't get around for shit...

listopencil
08-18-2007, 09:37 PM
For this particular exercise, it must be a day in the past. Otherwise, we would have to determine whether a Chiefs Super Bowl represents a realistic future or a future where apes have taken over the world.

I love me some monkey football.

Phobia
08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
It would probably be Feb 26th, 1991. For my 20th birthday gift, Iraqis sent me mortars. That would have been a sight to see. I've never dug a trench faster in my life.

Buehler445
08-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Losing my virginity would be an interesting site to watch. Although, I think I would have to choose the day 4X800 relay won state. I want to see how fast I was really running, it felt like 9,000 MPH

Phobia
08-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Losing my virginity would be an interesting site to watch. Although, I think I would have to choose the day 4X800 relay won state. I want to see how fast I was really running, it felt like 9,000 MPH

What was your split time?

For the 4x800, dude. I'm pretty sure both were inside of 2 minutes, but I'm especially interested in the track event.

Rain Man
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
It would probably be Feb 26th, 1991. For my 20th birthday gift, Iraqis sent me mortars. That would have been a sight to see. I've never dug a trench faster in my life.

That would be a good one. You could actually stand there and watch and see how close they really were.

Phobia
08-18-2007, 10:08 PM
That would be a good one. You could actually stand there and watch and see how close they really were.
They were close enough to make a young man dig really, really fast but not close enough to get me dirty.... or bloody.

Buehler445
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
What was your split time?

For the 4x800, dude. I'm pretty sure both were inside of 2 minutes, but I'm especially interested in the track event.

I was by far the slowest one, and remember it is KS 4-A. The first leg ran 2:00. I ran 2:08, the third dude ran 2:01, and the last guy ran 1:59. I wanted to get mine down lower, but luckily the other guys rocked out.

Priest4Prez
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
My first Touchdown: It would be pretty funny to see me as a little kid killing the QB and scooping up the ball running back.

or

When I walked in on my friends hot older sister: LMAO he was pissed

KC Jones
08-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I think I'd have to take a day from my childhood before my mom passed away. I can't really remember a specific day, but I remember a couple of times she and I stayed up late at night having a cup of tea and just talking. I would have been about 10 or 11 then.

cdcox
08-18-2007, 10:16 PM
My first thought would be October 2, 1979. That was the day I met my wife. I also played football earlier that day. It would be interesting to watch that day unfold again.

Another date that came to mind was January 11, 1970. I saw most of that game. I remember stuff but a lot of that game is foggy. It would be good to watch it again.

December 25, 1972 comes to mind as well. Not just for the game, but because there was a lot of other stuff happening that day. That morning I got my Radio Shack electroncis kit. Christmas mornings were always great when I was a kid. Later that day, the house was full of relatives. My uncle Fritz stepped on the ear phone from my Radio Shack kit and broke it. That was one of the last times I saw him because he died before the next Christmas. My younger brother was running a 104 degree fever that day. A lot going on.

blueballs
08-18-2007, 10:38 PM
To the day I was born
I want to see me ruin that snatch
for good ol dad

Smed1065
08-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope it is in the future when I win the lottery( retirement plan works)

ClevelandBronco
08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I've identified the day. I just want to see if it looked as insane from an observer's POV as it seemed to me at the time.

The day involved hitchhiking some 100 miles with a couple of buddies, a hit or three of mescaline, my ex-girlfriend's father, the Special Olympics and a pick-up game of ultimate Frisbee.

I hope to never experience a day that bizarre again in my life.

Buehler445
08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
I've identified the day. I just want to see if it looked as insane from an observer's POV as it seemed to me at the time.

The day involved hitchhiking some 100 miles with a couple of buddies, a hit or three of mescaline, my ex-girlfriend's father, the Special Olympics and a pick-up game of ultimate Frisbee.

I hope to never experience a day that bizarre again in my life.

Que?

Molitoth
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
The day I lost my virginity. The chick was hot and It was so awesome. I remember looking at myself in the mirror while bending the chick over doggystyle and thinking, oh ya... you are a man now. I really would love to see that night again. (and that chicks tits).

*Looks over shoulder for sneaky wife*

Hammock Parties
08-18-2007, 11:19 PM
I remember looking at myself in the mirror while bending the chick over doggystyle and thinking, oh ya... you are a man now.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7066/ap394lx9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Molitoth
08-18-2007, 11:19 PM
haha!

Bowser
08-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Don't look back
Look straight ahead
Yesterday's gone
The voices said

big nasty kcnut
08-19-2007, 12:14 AM
The day when a girl i knew who was married and i was kissing each other. She was drunk but goodness it was good to kiss her and nearly make out with her. It was a damn good rush.

Nzoner
08-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Company Christmas Party 1984 and a threesome with I the office secretary and my female boss.

L.A. Chieffan
08-19-2007, 12:31 AM
My first trip to Arrowhead. I creamed my pants when I heard the National Anthem

Buehler445
08-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Company Christmas Party 1984 and a threesome with I the office secretary and my female boss.

No way!

Nzoner
08-19-2007, 07:37 AM
No way!

Actually it was 3-way!!

Drugs and alcohol tend to make some people do things they wouldn't normally do and it's why I chose that day for Rainman's survey,although I have a decent memory of what happened I'd like to see it again completely sober.

Buehler445
08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Actually it was 3-way!!

Drugs and alcohol tend to make some people do things they wouldn't normally do and it's why I chose that day for Rainman's survey,although I have a decent memory of what happened I'd like to see it again completely sober.

Fair enough. Good work my man.

Psyko Tek
08-19-2007, 12:27 PM
can I use Nzoner's day for my answer?

teedubya
08-19-2007, 12:55 PM

I was about to say a similar thing. Mine was Sept 1997 in Dallas Texas with these 2 hotties from Austin TX. Well, One girl was a 6.5 or so, the other was a 7 or so... add them together its a 13.5 which is WAY better than just one 10. heh.

Phobia
08-19-2007, 12:59 PM
The day when a girl i knew who was married and i was kissing each other. She was drunk but goodness it was good to kiss her and nearly make out with her. It was a damn good rush.I think you meant to post this on the "prick" thread.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
The day my daughter was born. I had sex and had a kid that day.

Phobia
08-19-2007, 01:02 PM
The day my daughter was born. I had sex and had a kid that day.
You skipped the whole 9 months thing? Lucky dog.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-19-2007, 01:06 PM
You skipped the whole 9 months thing? Lucky dog.
Apparently I have super sperm and she had super eggs.

morphius
08-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Don't look back
Look straight ahead
Yesterday's gone
The voices said
Don't trust the voices in your head, they are not on your side.

Buehler445
08-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I was about to say a similar thing. Mine was Sept 1997 in Dallas Texas with these 2 hotties from Austin TX. Well, One girl was a 6.5 or so, the other was a 7 or so... add them together its a 13.5 which is WAY better than just one 10. heh.

This could very well be a paradigm shift in mathematics. I see no flaw in the reasoning.

sd4chiefs
08-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I would do something that a lot of people on this board could not do. I would watch myself watch the Chiefs win the Superbowl. Kind of sad in a way.

04-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I knew I had seen that thread before.

Discuss Thrower
04-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Whatever day I can see the most amount of relatives whom I never got to know because they passed before I came to realize how important they were.

BigMeatballDave
04-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Birth of my son

Hammock Parties
04-11-2012, 01:02 AM
My second date, so I can witness what a clod I was.

04-11-2012, 01:19 AM
Hell, I would go back and watch the Chiefs win a superbowl. I was only 7 months old but I know my dad had it on TV so I'd be golden.

Ultra Peanut
04-11-2012, 01:35 AM
July 16th, 2010

KurtCobain
04-11-2012, 01:57 AM
The day my dad died.

burt
04-11-2012, 06:34 AM
If I could only go back for 1 day, it would be the day I defeated Steve Richey in wrestling. He had beaten me twice. The first time, when we were in line to weigh in, one of their(Oak Park) wrestlers started a conversation:

Him, "What weight are you wrestling/"
me, "145"
him, "Damn, dude, you have to wrestle Richey. Sorry."
me, "K"

Richey came in wearing his letter jacket. He had so many medals that he leaned to that side.

He pinned me in the first period.

Second time, I was winning and made a mistake. He caught me with it and pinned me again.

Then, at my school, I had to wrestle him again. The stands were full. I had seen his GF and mom with shirts with his name and pic on them. The match was a total dogfight.

To this day I clearly remember the last seconds of that match. I was ahead by a significant margin, but he was on top. He turned me to my back, but there was no way I was letting that happen. He looked up at the time clock and saw that there was 2 seconds left. He raised himself up and dropped his weight on me in an attempt to hurt me. Time Ran out.

He rolled to his back and I rolled to mine, both exhausted. I looked up to the full bleachers and could see my Dad jumping with joy, I remember thinking, "Damn that is an ugly plaid blazer."

We both slowly got up and I watched his mom and GF cry as they raised my hand in victory.

Later that year I had another great match but it pales in comparison. I wrestled 145 and coach had me wrestle 185. The guy towered over me and was rippled with muscles. I lost by 1 point. Pissed me off at the time but my principal came over, shook my hand and said, "I have never seen a greater feat!"

P.S. The rest of the Richey story. The next week, I had to wrestle him for the Championship of the Oak Park Tournement. He had worked all week on defending my best move. He beat me and we got our pic on the front page of the sports section. Years later I tagged one of their "supporters" because of this.

KC Jones
04-11-2012, 06:46 AM
My first temptation is to go back and enjoy some of those first experiences with girlfriends. My second temptation is to possibly re-live some of my glory moments in sports. I still remember hearing our whole crowd chanting my name while I sank the winning free throws against our arch-rival in their gym. I was a sophomore who had just moved up to starting varsity and it literally gave me chills to have the upper class-men do that.

Ultimately though, I have to go back to see my mom. I was only 13 when cancer took her and it's still one of the most defining moments of my life. We were very close, and I remember staying up late with her sometimes - chatting and drinking tea while everyone else was asleep. The years have rolled by and my memories are getting spotty, so to spend another day with her would be wonderful.

Dayze
04-11-2012, 07:12 AM
09/10/96 - First Day of Boot Camp

burt
04-11-2012, 07:19 AM
My first temptation is to go back and enjoy some of those first experiences with girlfriends. My second temptation is to possibly re-live some of my glory moments in sports. I still remember hearing our whole crowd chanting my name while I sank the winning free throws against our arch-rival in their gym. I was a sophomore who had just moved up to starting varsity and it literally gave me chills to have the upper class-men do that.

Ultimately though, I have to go back to see my mom. I was only 13 when cancer took her and it's still one of the most defining moments of my life. We were very close, and I remember staying up late with her sometimes - chatting and drinking tea while everyone else was asleep. The years have rolled by and my memories are getting spotty, so to spend another day with her would be wonderful.

I lost my mom to cancer 14 years ago and, thankfully, have many great memories. I try to take a minute to see something beautiful for her every day!

rageeumr
04-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd probably have to say the day my son was born, January 8, 2010. My wife had a placental abruption and he came about a month early via emergency C-Section.

She was at a movie with some friends and I got a frantic phone call that she was bleeding a lot and they were going to the hospital. I hauled ass to the hospital and got there just in time to get some scrubs on and get into the O.R.

Everything happened so fast and I was in shock, so my memory of the event is kind of cloudy. I'd love the chance to re-experience it and enjoy it, knowing that he turns out just fine.

HemiEd
04-11-2012, 07:44 AM
There are so many, it is hard to nail it down to just one.

Probably the day our first child was born, wow I was a young and ignorant Sailor!
It would comedic, as I had previously fainted during the Lamaze class film.
Standing outside in the cold at a payphone, with very little money, calling family members that were all about 2,000 miles away.

Inspector
04-11-2012, 08:38 AM
June 15th, 1956. I'd like to drive around the old neighborhood again. It's really changed a lot.

Rain Man
04-11-2012, 10:14 AM
I knew I had seen that thread before.

If I could go back, it would be to post this thread again. Thank you for making my dream come true.

How the heck do people remember five year old threads? I can't remember threads from yesterday.

Frazod
04-11-2012, 10:25 AM
November 24, 2007.

Paniero
04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
The first time I shot a person I didn't know under the guise of 'war' in Afghanistan, in order to add more perspective to a burden I can never shake.