PDA

View Full Version : You will never believe what I heard.....

DenverChief
08-19-2007, 06:43 AM
on FSR last night....listening to the overnight guys talk some NFL stuff and the Raiduhs come up ....blah blah blah, then it comes "I'll bet that there is only one team in the NFL worse than the Raiduhs this year....the Kansas City Chiefs, that organization and its personnel are in much more disarray than the Raiduhs" I almost came thru the radio...I'd be suprised if the Raiduhs win a game this year I'm going on record they throw an oh fer up yup 0-16

milkman
08-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Why do we think the Chiefs are so much better than the Raiders?

The fact is, if Lane Kiffen can get anything from that offense, they might have a good chance of finishing ahead of the Chiefs.

DenverChief
08-19-2007, 06:56 AM

The fact is, if Lane Kiffen can get anything from that offense, they might have a good chance of finishing ahead of the Chiefs.

1st year coach new offensive system and not just a newer take on the old system but completely new new QB either Russell or Culpepper...this could be a really ugly year offensivly

milkman
08-19-2007, 06:59 AM
1st year coach new offensive system and not just a newer take on the old system but completely new new QB either Russell or Culpepper...this could be a really ugly year offensivly

As opposed to last year?

Their problems start with the OL.
They didn't get that fixed, so it's unlikely they'll improve.

But the fact is, they really aren't much worse than the Chiefs, and their defense is better, until proven otherwise.

DenverChief
08-19-2007, 07:14 AM
As opposed to last year?

Their problems start with the OL.
They didn't get that fixed, so it's unlikely they'll improve.

But the fact is, they really aren't much worse than the Chiefs, and their defense is better, until proven otherwise.
yeah but like last year Defense can only do so much you can't put your D on the field for 45 mins and expect to win a game...it is friggin stupid to say the chiefs are worse off than the raiders considering what happened last year and the direction each franchise took to "improve"

milkman
08-19-2007, 07:20 AM
yeah but like last year Defense can only do so much you can't put your D on the field for 45 mins and expect to win a game...it is friggin stupid to say the chiefs are worse off than the raiders considering what happened last year and the direction each franchise took to "improve"

I don't disagree with you.

I'm just saying that the statement isn't entirely without merit, especially with LJ's holdout.

KC Jones
08-19-2007, 07:24 AM
I don't disagree with you.

I'm just saying that the statement isn't entirely without merit, especially with LJ's holdout.

Yes it is. The Raiders are the worst team in the league by a wide margin.

grimes82
08-19-2007, 07:33 AM
why is everybody so down on the chiefs....Herm said that they have only done one type of blitz on defense, and have been running basic plays on offense, no shifting. VINALLA......He stated that he is not opening up anything in the preseason, simply evaluating talent. Just because we lost 2 preseason games (should have won miami game, bad call on 2 pt conversion) everyone thinks we will suck This is what I got out of our 1st 2 games......

Croyle....lot of potential, one rookie mistake in each game
bennett.....very good change up back for LJ
Brakenridge and Patterson......good depth
Overall 1st team D......top 10
WR....need to catch better (havnt seen what D Bo has yet)
Parker.....find a new job

milkman
08-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes it is. The Raiders are the worst team in the league by a wide margin.

The only thing separating the Chiefs from the Raiders is the OL and LJ.

Nzoner
08-19-2007, 07:40 AM
why is everybody so down on the chiefs....Herm said that they have only done one type of blitz on defense, and have been running basic plays on offense, no shifting. VINALLA......He stated that he is not opening up anything in the preseason, simply evaluating talent. Just because we lost 2 preseason games (should have won miami game, bad call on 2 pt conversion) everyone thinks we will suck This is what I got out of our 1st 2 games......

What nothing on Medlock?

In Herm's playbook a kicker who misses 2 field goals in a game will be the difference in winning and losing.

KC Jones
08-19-2007, 07:42 AM

So?

Those are 6 pretty fuggin important players and will probably make a world of difference this season. The Chiefs are going to be pretty mediocore this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a losing season, but no way are we going 0-16 or finishing below the Raiders.

milkman
08-19-2007, 07:43 AM

I'm not down on the Chiefs.

I just don't expect them to win a lot of games this year.

But for the first time in years, I see a team with growth potential, that has a possible QBoTF, that gives them a chance to really compete in a year or two.

Draft a couple of stud OTs and add some quality depth and we are there.

But the overall perception to the national media is that this is a team that has a a lot of question marks, and has their one offensive threat holding out.

Add in the QB competition, and you have solid reasons for the media's take on the team.

milkman
08-19-2007, 07:47 AM
So?

Those are 6 pretty fuggin important players and will probably make a world of difference this season. The Chiefs are going to be pretty mediocore this year and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a losing season, but no way are we going 0-16 or finishing below the Raiders.

Yes they are pretty important.

And no, the Chiefs aren't going to lose 16 games, and neither will the Raiders.

I don't expect the Chiefs to finish below the Raiders in the division, or hell, even the Broncos.

But the fact still remains.

That isn't a lot of separation.

An injury here, a costly mistake there, and we could be looking right at the Raiders.

Coogs
08-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I can see where the comments come from. If you just watched the 1st quarter against Miami, the Dolphins defense kicked the crap out of the Chiefs 1st team offense. Sure... we were minus a few parts... but the fish had Porter, Thomas, Traylor, and Taylor missing from their front 7. And on defense, Brown rushed for 55 yards give or take a couple, and Green passes at will as well.

Then you throw in ESPN ripping the team on the pregame show and during the game, and if that is all this "overnight" guy has seen of our team, I can see where he would say that.

Rasputin
08-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Did they blast the Donks, cuz they played like Raiduhs last night?

WOW PRESEASON!!!BFD!!!

We will be under the raidar all season long. No respect and that is fine just wait we will get ours as the season goes on. It will be that much sweeter for the Chiefs fans.

Coogs
08-19-2007, 07:57 AM

But for the first time in years, I see a team with growth potential, that has a possible QBoTF, that gives them a chance to really compete in a year or two.

But the overall perception to the national media is that this is a team that has a a lot of question marks, and has their one offensive threat holding out.

Add in the QB competition, and you have solid reasons for the media's take on the team.

Yep! :thumb:

Nzoner
08-19-2007, 08:01 AM

My take as well

HonestChieffan
08-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Listen to KOA sometime....its like a collection of ShanRats love slaves slathering on and on about the Broncos. If its possible, Denver sports radio is worse than KC sports radio.

TEX
08-19-2007, 08:47 AM

Dont forget about the Special Teams, especially Medlock...

StcChief
08-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Don't worry about the stupid talking heads.

the Talking Can
08-19-2007, 09:00 AM

kind of like saying "good looks" is the only thing separating Rosie O'Donnel and Nicole Kidman.....

HonestChieffan
08-19-2007, 09:03 AM
TC...HOF ...great.

milkman
08-19-2007, 09:04 AM
kind of like saying "good looks" is the only thing separating Rosie O'Donnel and Nicole Kidman.....

Not really.

The gap between the Raiders and Chiefs can be bridged.

Their isn't a long enough bridge to fix the gap between RO and NK.

the Talking Can
08-19-2007, 09:05 AM
I would like to see a commentator acknowledge that a) we're rebuilding (like we never have) and b) we trying to groom a QBOTF (which we never have)....

provide some context...sure, we could lose a lot of games this year, but not because our franchise is spinning it's wheels (as it has for a decade)..but rather because we're implementing a plan...

of course, if we start Huard then its all a lie and we are as dumb a franchise as the Raiders...

Mosbonian
08-19-2007, 09:06 AM

OK.....now that is funny ROFL

mmaddog

the Talking Can
08-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Not really.

The gap between the Raiders and Chiefs can be bridged.

it's the NFL, it is designed to be that way....you have to try and suck as a franchise to be as bad as the Raiders have been...

Mosbonian
08-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Just FTR.....I think the Chief's will be better than the "talking heads" predict for us.

Having said that, I agree with what milkman is trying to say, although I have no fear that the Raiders will find a way to suck themselves back into an abyss even with the talent they have.

I am more than willing to experience a 7-9, 6-10, or maybe even a 5-11 season if I know we are truly rebuilding for the future.

mmaddog

milkman
08-19-2007, 09:16 AM
it's the NFL, it is designed to be that way....you have to try and suck as a franchise to be as bad as the Raiders have been...

The point is, the tools are there to fix the Raiders, they just need the right person in charge of those tools.

In RO's case, it doesn't matter who the operator is, the tools don't exist that can fix that ugly.

Demonpenz
08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
the chiefs are a bad football team

stevieray
08-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I can't remember when the Chiefs got so much airtime...

...I think the more people say we suck, the chances of it happening diminishes...

Mosbonian
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
In RO's case, it doesn't matter who the operator is, the tools don't exist that can fix that ugly.

It used to be said a six pack could make any ugly girl pretty if you were desparate enough.....Rosie O' counters that argument.

mmaddog

KC Jones
08-19-2007, 10:07 AM
...I think the more people say we suck, the chances of it happening diminishes...

Chiefs suck
Chiefs suck
Chiefs suck
Chiefs suck
Chiefs suck
Chiefs suck

:D

alanm
08-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Listen to KOA sometime....its like a collection of ShanRats love slaves slathering on and on about the Broncos. If its possible, Denver sports radio is worse than KC sports radio.
Not quite. Their a reflection of their fans. And the fans don't want to hear anything negative. That's why it's so enjoyable to watch the meltdowns and such when they lose. :)

the Talking Can
08-19-2007, 10:21 AM
The point is, the tools are there to fix the Raiders, they just need the right person in charge of those tools.

true

but I'm of the opinion that Al Davis is that "ugly"....the last smart decision he made was hiring Gruden...till he dies, they will flounder...

milkman
08-19-2007, 11:19 AM
true

but I'm of the opinion that Al Davis is that "ugly"....the last smart decision he made was hiring Gruden...till he dies, they will flounder...

I'm with ya on Al.

I hope the ****er lives forever.

FloridaMan88
08-19-2007, 12:53 PM

I'd much rather have a coach like Kiffen who wants to run an "aggressive offense" (his words from his introductory press conference), than ultra-conservative crap Herm wants to run on offense.

As much as everyone likes to make fun of the Raiders, remember that their organization has won a playoff game more recently than Carl's Chiefs and have been to the Super Bowl more recently than Carl's Chiefs.

Skip Towne
08-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd much rather have a coach like Kiffen who wants to run an "aggressive offense" (his words from his introductory press conference), than ultra-conservative crap Herm wants to run on offense.

As much as everyone likes to make fun of the Raiders, remember that their organization has won a playoff game more recently than Carl's Chiefs and have been to the Super Bowl more recently than Carl's Chiefs.
Did you shit your pants or do you smell like that all the time?

Logical
08-19-2007, 02:15 PM

I will give you some positive rep to balance all the neg rep you will receive from the homers around here.

Dave Lane
08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
I can't remember when the Chiefs got so much airtime...

So its kinda like negative praying? I say we suck and we automatically get better? Interesting...

Dave

Buehler445
08-19-2007, 03:07 PM
There are so many things that can happen in one offseason that it is unreasonable to try and predict which team will be worse than the other and blah blah blah. Last year, I bet the Panthers were thinking they were going to walk all over the Saints, like usual, but look who made the playoffs.

I'm not trying to say that the Raiders are this year's Saints. God I hope they are not, but the fact remains that is possible. These dudes on the radio were probably just thinking that since there is a QB controversy, the KC Chiefs are a terrible organization.

But Milkman is right, there are the tools in the NFL to go from very bad, to playoffs in a year. On top of that, they still have some nice talent in Oakland. If they can find somebody to motivate them, they may come out of the cellar. But the good news is that Robert Gallery is still a Raider. :)

beer bacon
08-19-2007, 03:15 PM

Did Gonzalez retire?

DenverChief
08-19-2007, 04:09 PM
have been to the Super Bowl more recently than Carl's Chiefs.

ya and got the shat kicked out of em

htismaqe
08-19-2007, 04:13 PM

WANTS to run an "aggressive offense".

It remains to be seen if he'll be EFFECTIVE. Hell, the players might just ignore him.

You HAVE to acknowledge that Kiffin's age and lack of experience are potentially HUGE issues.

LiL stumppy
08-19-2007, 05:29 PM

We have a lot MORE thing going on offense than they do. LJ,TG,Brian Waters, ect. They don't have very man players on offense who are up to the level they are.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2007, 05:30 PM

Wish I could have neg and half pos rep you on this one... Herms offense is crap.. Everyone with the slightest clue about Football knows this and has witnessed this since he has been a Head Coach...

But for the Chiefs fans to bag on other teams is pretty laughable... Hell other than the Lions and one other team. We are the only team to not win a playoff game since 1993 - 1994 season...

Hell every one in our division has been to the superbowl including the removed Seahawks... Until we win playoff games and go to the superbowl, we look ignorant when we open our mouths and bash other organizations...