PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Rate my 2 fantasy squads..

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 01:15 PM
First league is a 10-team, standard scoring, 5 point bonuses for 300, 100 rushing and receiving. 25 yards per point, 6 point passing TDs, -2 INTs, 2 points every 5 receptions, 5 points for 10. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, K, D. Steven Jax was my keeper. I won this league last year and had the 3rd overall pick. Shaun Alexander, LT, LJ, Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and Laurence Maroney were the other keepers. Joseph Addai and Frank Gore were taken before I took Westbrook with my first rounder.

QB- Jon Kitna, Vince Young, Matt Schaub
RBs- Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, Julius Jones, Fred Taylor, Leon Washington
WRs- Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss, Arnez Battle, Brandon Marshall
TEs- Tony Gonzalez, Eric Johnson
K- Josh Brown, Stephen Gostkowski
DEF- Patriots, Chiefs

2nd league: 12 teams, same scoring as above except 4 for passing TDs, -1 for ints, no reception bonuses. LJ was my keeper. Had the 7th overall pick. Willie Parker, Steven Jax, LT, Peyton, Clinton Portis, Westbrook, Gore, Addai, Shaun Alexander, McGahee, and Edgerrin James were the other keepers. First round went: Bush, Henry, Rudi Johnson, Jones Drew, Maroney and Cedric Benson before I took Harrison.

QBs- Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisburger, Trent Green
RBs- Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones, Leon Washington
WRs- Marvin Harrison, Braylon Edwards, Mark Clayton, Kevin Curtis, Brandon Marshall
TEs- Chris Cooley, Zach Miller
K- Neil Rackers, Rian Lindell
Def- Ravens, Bucs

Thoughts?

Demonpenz
08-19-2007, 01:17 PM
looking at that roster you must have had like 22 teams in that league

Deberg_1990
08-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Nice....I like Kitna this year. Hes got a ton of weapons..

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 01:40 PM

I bet I'd wipe my ass with whatever fantasy roster you could assemble. Does blockbuster have leagues?

HypnotizedMonkey
08-19-2007, 01:45 PM
looks good QB might be iffy

Mile High Mania
08-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Team 1 is very tight - I personally don't like Vince Young, but I don't see any issues with that team. Kitna should be huge and I like Schaub.

Team 2 is also very good, but WR depth is somewhat concerning. I like the options, don't get me wrong... but consistency would concern me. I think you'll like Clayton and Curtis. Braylon has nice upside, but the Browns concern me.

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 01:57 PM
looks good QB might be iffy

I took Kitna in the 8th in the first league. I wasn't going to get caught up in the run on QBs from the 4-6th rounds.

HolmeZz
08-19-2007, 01:57 PM

ROFL

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Team 1 is very tight - I personally don't like Vince Young, but I don't see any issues with that team. Kitna should be huge and I like Schaub.

Team 2 is also very good, but WR depth is somewhat concerning. I like the options, don't get me wrong... but consistency would concern me. I think you'll like Clayton and Curtis. Braylon has nice upside, but the Browns concern me.

I agree with you on my WR depth. I'm not a huge fan of anyone other than Marvin Harrison. I was going to grab a 2nd WR instead of taking Jamal Lewis, but I wanted to protect myself in case LJ held out or if Thomas Jones shares carries.

There's always a waiver WR that produces big, so I'll just be keeping my eye out.

noa
08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Both teams are solid. Your first is very impressive.

Demonpenz
08-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I bet I'd wipe my ass with whatever fantasy roster you could assemble. Does blockbuster have leagues?

It's not a big deal you don't know me, infact probably better that way, but I will just let my fantasy football trophy's do the talking

RealSNR
08-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Do you have a mancrush on Brandon Marshall or something?

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Do you have a mancrush on Brandon Marshall or something?

I think he's a good sleeper prospect and an excellent red-zone threat for Cutler.

RealSNR
08-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Leon Washington is popping up in quite a few FF discussions. I noticed you drafted him here twice. Is he the starter for the Jets and if he is, why isn't he getting a better look from teams?

Mile High Mania
08-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Leon is a great handcuff for Jones and perfect trade bait to have should something happen to Jones. I'd target him late as well.

Brandon Marshall has nice upside as the #2 option in Denver. Big and physical... solid depth pick.

alanm
08-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Sucks and sucks.

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Sucks and sucks.

Thanks for supporting your opinions, fantasy god.

Bowser
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
I was going to say QB looked a little thin, but at second glance, maybe not. Martz is going to throw the ball 40+ times a game in Detroit, adn Palmer might even be better this year.

Looks good.

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I was going to say QB looked a little thin, but at second glance, maybe not. Martz is going to throw the ball 40+ times a game in Detroit, adn Palmer might even be better this year.

Looks good.

That's why I took Kitna. He ranked 5th in QB points last year in my league and all they did was add Calvin Johnson to an already good passing attack.

I don't think a 4,300 yard, 25 TD season is out of the question for Kitna. Only problem is he's going to have 20 ints too.

alanm
08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for supporting your opinions, fantasy god.
I don't have anything against your picks. It's just the standard answer when ever someone says Rate my fantasy picks. :)

The Bad Guy
08-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't have anything against your picks. It's just the standard answer when ever someone says Rate my fantasy picks. :)

Ha. Hilarious. I typically avoid rate my team threads but I was bored as hell today.

Logical
08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
QB- Jon Kitna, Vince Young, Matt Schaub
RBs- Steven Jackson, Brian Westbrook, Julius Jones, Fred Taylor, Leon Washington
WRs- Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Santana Moss, Arnez Battle, Brandon Marshall
TEs- Tony Gonzalez, Eric Johnson
K- Josh Brown, Stephen Gostkowski
DEF- Patriots, Chiefs

Not sure about your QBs but Kitna might be solid

Like your RBs a lot

Really solid WR crew

Good TEs

Good kickers

Patriots are a solid choice and you only have to play the Chiefs once so maybe you will get lucky and get a bunch of turnovers

This team should contend for a championship.

Logical
08-19-2007, 08:02 PM
QBs- Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisburger, Trent Green
RBs- Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones, Jamal Lewis, Kevin Jones, Leon Washington
WRs- Marvin Harrison, Braylon Edwards, Mark Clayton, Kevin Curtis, Brandon Marshall
TEs- Chris Cooley, Zach Miller
K- Neil Rackers, Rian Lindell
Def- Ravens, Bucs

Great QBs

Boom or bust on the RBs only time will tell

I really like your first three WRs especially for a 12 team league

TEs - meh

K - decent nothing to get excited about

Def - does not get much better than the Ravens this year.