PDA

View Full Version : Should Vick be allowed to play in the NFL again?

OnTheWarpath15
08-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I know this is adding to the growing number of Vick threads, but it's time to pick a wagon.....

Put aside any legal thoughts and decide:

As a FAN, would you want a NFL team to give Michael Vick the opportunity to return to the NFL after he serves whatever legal punishment is handed to him?

|Zach|
08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
My first reaction when I read this thread was no...he shouldn't be allowed too.

But then again...manslaughter...rape....

There are players in this league that have done bad things.

kcxiv
08-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I put yes, including my team. I dont really want him on the Chiefs, but if he did sign i couldnt do a damn thing about it. I would still cheer for the Chiefs to win.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-20-2007, 05:13 PM

True... and they shouldn't be allowed to play either.

Adept Havelock
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Fine by me. Leonard Little is a complete POS who killed someone, and he's still playing.

He should have the right to try to play...and fail horribly after a couple of years or more in the slammer ruins his athletic ability.

Sure, he'll be bulked up, but he'd never be the same as before. Especially after Bruno the dog-loving psychotic over in Cellblock D puts poor little Mike on his own "Rape Stand". :D

If the Chiefs signed the POS, I'd likely still be a fan of the franchise, but they wouldn't get a single $ from me until he was gone.

a1na2
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Four game suspension for a DUI (later reduced). The new commissioner is setting a new standard for the league. I say it's about time.

I would think that the commish is going to give him a suspension that will be imposed after his jail time and that would surely be a year or two of suspension. I'm sure that he will be done in the NFL by then.

Coach
08-20-2007, 05:22 PM
No.

Scorp
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
In my opinion, no he should never be allowed back in the NFL. The biggest factor for me is the gambling aspect of dog fighting. Nevermind the animal cruelty factor. This guy has the biggest impact on any single game he plays in, throwing games would be pretty easy. Well that is my two cents.

Valiant
08-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Fine by me. Leonard Little is a complete POS who killed someone, and he's still playing.

He should have the right to try to play...and fail horribly after a couple of years or more in the slammer ruins his athletic ability.

Sure, he'll be bulked up, but he'd never be the same as before. Especially after Bruno the dog-loving psychotic over in Cellblock D puts poor little Mike on his own "Rape Stand". :D

If the Chiefs signed the POS, I'd likely still be a fan of the franchise, but they wouldn't get a single $ from me until he was gone.

He will get treatment and put in a cops wing or something along the lines where he does not spend most of his time in gen.pop...

Valiant
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
In my opinion, no he should never be allowed back in the NFL. The biggest factor for me is the gambling aspect of dog fighting. Nevermind the animal cruelty factor. This guy has the biggest impact on any single game he plays in, throwing games would be pretty easy. Well that is my two cents.

Or their new charges or did he admit to throwing games? or did you just make up some extra charges against him???

BIG_DADDY
08-20-2007, 06:00 PM

So now anyone who engages in a game of poker or bets on anything should receive a lifetime ban IYO? OK :rolleyes:

SCTrojan
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
If he does time in jail and serves out whatever suspension the NFL imposes upon him, then he's paid his debt. He has a clean slate as far as I'm concerned.

Scorp
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Or their new charges or did he admit to throwing games? or did you just make up some extra charges against him???

Can you read? I guess not. I didn't make any charges up. I simply stated my opinion. The stupidity level around here is astonishing.

Bob Dole
08-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Can you read? I guess not. I didn't make any charges up. I simply stated my opinion. The stupidity level around here is astonishing.

You've been here since 2003 and you're still astonished?

That doesn't really say a lot about your own capacity to learn...

Scorp
So now anyone who engages in a game of poker or bets on anything should receive a lifetime ban IYO? OK :rolleyes:

Did I say that? Dogfighting is illegal underground activity. Why is it such a reach that if he would get involved in that, he wouldn't entertain the possibility of throwing some games? I love the jerk knee reactions people have around here. :rolleyes:

Scorp
You've been here since 2003 and you're still astonished?

That doesn't really say a lot about your own capacity to learn...

I expect such a response from you.

Bob Dole
08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I expect such a response from you.

Self-fulfilling prophesy, perhaps?

|Zach|
08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Did I say that? Dogfighting is illegal underground activity. Why is it such a reach that if he would get involved in that, he wouldn't entertain the possibility of throwing some games? I love the jerk knee reactions people have around here. :rolleyes:
Knee jerk reactions like the one you made in the middle of your post?

Scorp
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Knee jerk reactions like the one you made in the middle of your post?

No, I am quite sure I made no such reaction.

Frazod
08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
To hell with this piece of shit. Jail him. Ban him. Forever.

And as far as I'm concerned, torturing/killing dogs is a hell of a lot worse than anything gambling related.

And nevermind the fact that he's A HORRIBLE QUARTERBACK. Him getting shitcanned is the best thing that ever happened to the Falcons.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2007, 06:29 PM
After his time in prison, he should have to do community service at a dog kennel, cleaning up dog shit. 10,000 hrs. worth...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-20-2007, 06:31 PM
After his time in prison, he should have to do community service at a dog kennel, cleaning up dog shit. 10,000 worth...
Excellent.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2007, 06:38 PM
nope ... i don't think murderers should be allowed to play either.

imo there is a very pronounced difference between violent and non-violent crimes. There is also a big difference between premeditated crimes with intent compared to impulsive/mistake crimes.

Vick falls under the premeditated, intentional crime of violence.

Vick is a piece of shit ..... end of story.

Eleazar
08-20-2007, 06:41 PM

Admitted guilt though...? Done prison time for them?

|Zach|
08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Admitted guilt though...? Done prison time for them?
Plea deals...seems the system was forced into justice in the Vick case because of the attention. Not so with these cases.

I really don't know my opinion firmly on this but...people have done worse and been allowed to play. Wether that is wrong or right I think consistency is in order.

Valiant
08-20-2007, 08:11 PM

I am sorry you are a ****ing idiot... You stated your opinion that he should not be let in.. And then went off on how he effects games because he could throw them..

Betting on your dog = Throwing games for money... gotcha...

|Zach|
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I am sorry you are a ****ing idiot... You stated your opinion that he should not be let in.. And then went off on how he effects games because he could throw them..

You cursed in a post.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn you beat small children.

stevieray
08-20-2007, 08:18 PM
True... and they shouldn't be allowed to play either.

tags was weak...

negatives don't validate other negatives.

pikesome
08-20-2007, 08:22 PM
nope ... i don't think murderers should be allowed to play either.

imo there is a very pronounced difference between violent and non-violent crimes. There is also a big difference between premeditated crimes with intent compared to impulsive/mistake crimes.

Vick falls under the premeditated, intentional crime of violence.

Vick is a piece of shit ..... end of story.

I like this post. Rather than beat on the horse I'm just going to yell encouragement to Laz.

Frazod is right too, he wasn't all that good as a QB. I'm not sure I'd say this is great for the Falcons though.

Valiant
08-20-2007, 08:30 PM
You cursed in a post.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn you beat small children.

Just the ones that deserve it.. So when can I babysit again???

PS.. I have tourette's I swear...

Frazod
08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Frazod is right too, he wasn't all that good as a QB. I'm not sure I'd say this is great for the Falcons though.

The disruption and grief they'll go through this year will be bad, but in the long run dumping Ick will help them. Ick simply isn't a quarterback - he's a glorified option passer that has somehow been marketed as a quarterback.

It still amazes me that such a bad player can garner so much attention; good, bad or otherwise. Ick has raised overrated to an art form.

The Franchise
08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I bet they're so happy they traded Schaub away right now....

Smed1065
08-20-2007, 08:48 PM
I bet they're so happy they traded Schaub away right now....

Well I wanted Schuab for anther QB. Now he would be starting.

Guess that means I was wrong?

Because we did not develop him.......

Scorp
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM

The whole thing is my opinion. It is an example of what could happen. Could Happen. You have no argument here and sound like a total dumbass.