PDA

View Full Version : After watching Real Sports on HBO I am.....

Nzoner
08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
full of numerous emotions.

3 stories on the NFL,Pacman,the Darrent Williams murder and dogfighting.

I'm sure it's been talked to death(no pun intended)but the report on dogfighting was my first real glimpse into that world and I found myself full of emotion.

Especially the interview with Billy Bob Dipshit who and I quote after being asked what do you do with a dog who gives up or shows weakness replies,"he has to be called out,time to go to dog heaven."

Look asshat it's a dog,your "calling out" is of an animal who given the chance could've been a loving pet.

Add to that the reports of these jack-offs stealing family pets and breaking their hips and or taping their mouth shuts so they can be a sparring victim to their fighting dogs is enough to make me want to see these lowlifes treated the same way.

WTF is wrong with this world!! :mad:

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
How much time do we have...?

Logical
08-20-2007, 07:33 PM

I'm sure it's been talked to death(no pun intended)but the report on dogfighting was my first real glimpse into that world and I found myself full of emotion.

Especially the interview with Billy Bob Dipshit who and I quote after being asked what do you do with a dog who gives up or shows weakness replies,"he has to be called out,time to go to dog heaven."

Look asshat it's a dog,your "calling out" is of an animal who given the chance could've been a loving pet.

Add to that the reports of these jack-offs stealing family pets and breaking their hips and or taping their mouth shuts so they can be a sparring victim to their fighting dogs is enough to make me want to see these lowlifes treated the same way.

On the one hand I see your point, but on the other I grew up with people who realized dogs like cats in the end were just animals. I could humanely put a bullet in the head of either in a nanosecond. But those people who cause the animals to inhumanely suffer are definitely wrong.

BigVE
08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
According to a local sports reporter from the Atlanta area that was on ESPN earlier tonight " many blacks in the area looked at Vick as a hero. They figured this is just another way Vick is being picked on since he is black. After all, they are JUST DOG's!" In this guys defense, he was also quoting what others had said to him, this wasn't necessarily HIS opinion.

Eleazar
08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Man, I just surfed over to wwtdd.com, and there's a freaking disgusting picture of a mauled dog on there. Kind of brings it home.

Nzoner
08-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Man, I just surfed over to wwtdd.com, and there's a freaking disgusting picture of a mauled dog on there. Kind of brings it home.

Yeah this HBO report got ahold of footage of regular family pets who had been stolen from their owners and used as mauling bags.What's worse is that the fighting dogs owner in one instance broke the stolen dogs hip so he couldn't fight back as well.

tomahawk kid
08-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah this HBO report got ahold of footage of regular family pets who had been stolen from their owners and used as mauling bags.What's worse is that the fighting dogs owner in one instance broke the stolen dogs hip so he couldn't fight back as well.

That segment made me want to puke.

Anyone who does that to a dog should be strung up by their toes and have sewing needles stuck through their scrotum until they bleed to death.

kcfanintitanhell
08-20-2007, 08:01 PM
I can't remember verbatim the Mark Twain quote, but it was to the effect that "a society will ultimately be judged on the way they treat their dogs", or something close to that.

stevieray
08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
"this year notoriety
got all confused wth fame"

Deberg_1990
08-20-2007, 08:35 PM
According to a local sports reporter from the Atlanta area that was on ESPN earlier tonight " many blacks in the area looked at Vick as a hero. They figured this is just another way Vick is being picked on since he is black. After all, they are JUST DOG's!" In this guys defense, he was also quoting what others had said to him, this wasn't necessarily HIS opinion.

I get the feeling this may be a hidden opinion of alot of people.

DJay23
08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
After all, they are JUST DOG's!" In this guys defense, he was also quoting what others had said to him, this wasn't necessarily HIS opinion.
Well I hope these "other" people realize that it's, JUST AN ANUS, when Michael Vick can't poop right a month into his sentence.

kcfanXIII
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
didn't see the show, but i don't think i need to. i just don't understand what the appeal of this "sport." i use sport in the loosest of terms. vick should have known better than to get involved. now i hope they break his hip and feed him to a pack of hungry pit bulls.

Buehler445
08-20-2007, 09:57 PM

That made me very sad. I'm not a big animal lover, but it stuck a lump in my throat watching that story. How people can justify that is beyond me. It is very very saddening.

Smed1065
08-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I always allow the media to decide for me.

It was mean and cruel B4 and still is. IMO.

jidar
08-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I can't remember verbatim the Mark Twain quote, but it was to the effect that "a society will ultimately be judged on the way they treat their dogs", or something close to that.

Hahaha
The actual quote is "you can judge a society by how it treats it's prisoners."

Ironic that you would use it in this context as it's lesson is the opposite of what we're seeing this thread.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2007, 09:12 AM
I watched this last night. It was tough to watch. Pretty freakin barbaric if you ask me.

Somebody needs to "call out" all the inbred hillbillies who they showed during the interviews.

Otter
08-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Well I hope these "other" people realize that it's, JUST AN ANUS, when Michael Vick can't poop right a month into his sentence.

Exactly

Even as much as I dislike cats I could never cause one to suffer outside of giving it a good scare or maybe tie a ping pong ball to it's tail. I'm glad I didn't watch this, I've lost enough faith in most of humanity at this point.

Nzoner
08-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I always allow the media to decide for me.

It was mean and cruel B4 and still is. IMO.

The media didn't decide anything for me,I would never intentionally hurt a domesticated animal and the thought of others doing so upsets me.It did however slap me in the face with the reality to when before all I could ever do was think of what might be happening.

Carlota69
08-21-2007, 02:56 PM
I saw the segment and I felt an ill, revolting feeling come over my body when they showed the dogfighting tapes. I almost threw up at one point. I cried at another, watching the dogs getting mauled, or the guy who took the poor dog off into the woods and then showed up with an empty leash. Or the lil dog that was kidnapped for bloodthirst. A friend of mine was on the phone with me and wondered why I was watching it. I guess I needed to see how grusome and awful that "sport" is.

What I found interesting was the Billy Bob guy who quit dogfighting for his wife. It seemed weird to me a man who could be so cold and vicious, yet be so soft when it came to a woman. Seemed like an oxymoron. I would think a guy who could do that to ani8mals would be like '**** you woman--go get me a beer!!!" I dont know...just struck me weird.

Redrum_69
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Lets leave Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, and Paris Hilton crotch shots out of this

Dallas Chief
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM

Hey man, thanks for posting this. This has been on my mind since I saw the episode last week. I really don't care for animals all that much, but this freakin disgusted me to no end. I was saddened, angered, and sickened. I won't go so far as to call this a huge problem in our society becasue I don't really know how widespread it is. I heard about it from time to time growing up in KC. But something needs to be done to increase the punishment for those found guilty of these crimes. They should tie it to illegal gambling and racketeering to increase the time these creeps have to serve. IMHO.... :(