PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a beer distributor(Tailgating related)

Monty
08-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm struggling with finding someone local to KC to help with my request. I finally found a way to install a tap handle on the outside of the Command Center for gameday imbibing of adult beverages :D , but I'm looking for some assistance regarding a distributor or retail outlet who can sell the 1/6 kegs. There's no real preference for an import or not, but I'm probably going to try to keep it simple and use Miller Lite or something like that if I can.

I'm also looking for the best price on a 5 lb. CO2 canister to complete the setup.

Anyone know who I can contact to get this done?

:toast:

ferrarispider95
08-21-2007, 12:12 PM
why not a regular keg or a pony keg, surely you can find enough chiefs fans to empty it.

tomahawk kid
08-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Smallest you're going to get for most domestics is a pony keg.

I would bet that the folks who work at the closest liquor store could point you in the direction of a CO2 retailer.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-21-2007, 12:19 PM
as far as CO2, you can get it at about any gas supplier...Praxxair or Airgas

Dartgod
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
as far as CO2, you can get it at about any gas supplier...Praxxair or Airgas
Or just about any homebrew supply store.

Monty
08-21-2007, 01:13 PM
why not a regular keg or a pony keg, surely you can find enough chiefs fans to empty it.

Oh, that's easy enough to find willing Chiefs fans to drink the beer, but I can't store it from game to game, so I want to eliminate any waste. :)

Monty
08-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Smallest you're going to get for most domestics is a pony keg.

I would bet that the folks who work at the closest liquor store could point you in the direction of a CO2 retailer.

So that's just it..I'm not local, so I'm looking for the contact information as I'm only in town for the games. Anything near the stadium would work.

Monty
08-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Or just about any homebrew supply store.

Which one would you suggest? :)

mikeyis4dcats.
08-21-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.airgas.com/customer_service/site_locator.aspx

mikeyis4dcats.
08-21-2007, 01:24 PM
if you're going to be making thios a regular thing, get a larger cylinder....they don't go bad. and it will be cheaper from a gas supplier than a homebrew place I bet.

tomahawk kid
08-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Closest place to Arrowhead would probably be Stadium Liquors.

Place is a little bit shady, but I bet they have kegs.

Stadium Liquors
Address: 5110 Bristol Ave, Kansas City, MO 64129
Phone: (816) 861-3737

Bwana
08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Well played Monty, well played indeed!

Monty
08-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Well played Monty, well played indeed!

:D

I guess I should fill you all in on what led up to this. I have a sign on the CCC that says "Warning! Do not touch my beer", so one of the guys said that we should install a tap handle on the outside next to the sign so that we wouldn't have to go to the cooler each time and could just walk up and pour another cold one. :toast: I loved the idea, but really had a hard time finding a shank that was short enough to fit inside the walls in the interior to run the tubing, but I finally found one that would work. I can't wait to install it all and take it for a "test drive" :BLVD:

Monty
08-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Closest place to Arrowhead would probably be Stadium Liquors.

Place is a little bit shady, but I bet they have kegs.

Stadium Liquors
Address: 5110 Bristol Ave, Kansas City, MO 64129
Phone: (816) 861-3737

Just found a place called The Whiskey Barrel at 6516 Raytown Rd. They do have the 1/6 keg and I've got one on order. Thanks to your post, I did a google and found this place as it's really close.

Dartgod
08-21-2007, 02:31 PM
if you're going to be making thios a regular thing, get a larger cylinder....they don't go bad. and it will be cheaper from a gas supplier than a homebrew place I bet.
I'll bet you're right. The homebrew shoppe I use in Lee's Summit has a new EMPTY CO2 tank for $94.95 :eek:

OnTheWarpath15
08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Monty,

Are you still planning on going to the Houston game?

If so, the wife and I would be more than happy to help you "test" it out....

:)

Monty
08-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Monty,

Are you still planning on going to the Houston game?

If so, the wife and I would be more than happy to help you "test" it out....

:)

We are going to the Houston game, but the Command Center is staying in KC. At 9 MPG, I'd have to take out a small loan to bring it down and back. :cuss:

We are bringing other adult beverages and you are more than welcome to assist with the consumption of those if you'd like. :) We're going to be in the Blue Parking Lot and there's 3 vehicles in our group so far, so the more the better. :thumb:

OnTheWarpath15
08-21-2007, 02:41 PM
We are going to the Houston game, but the Command Center is staying in KC. At 9 MPG, I'd have to take out a small loan to bring it down and back. :cuss:

We are bringing other adult beverages and you are more than welcome to assist with the consumption of those if you'd like. :) We're going to be in the Blue Parking Lot and there's 3 vehicles in our group so far, so the more the better. :thumb:

I'll touch base with you as the game gets closer.

I actually sold my pass to the Blue Lot because our hotel has a MetroRail stop right outside the door......take it right to Reliant.

Can't wait for this trip.....

ferrarispider95
08-21-2007, 02:44 PM
:D

I guess I should fill you all in on what led up to this. I have a sign on the CCC that says "Warning! Do not touch my beer", so one of the guys said that we should install a tap handle on the outside next to the sign so that we wouldn't have to go to the cooler each time and could just walk up and pour another cold one. :toast: I loved the idea, but really had a hard time finding a shank that was short enough to fit inside the walls in the interior to run the tubing, but I finally found one that would work. I can't wait to install it all and take it for a "test drive" :BLVD:

I am going to fill up if I see you at a red light

Monty
08-21-2007, 02:54 PM
I'll bet you're right. The homebrew shoppe I use in Lee's Summit has a new EMPTY CO2 tank for $94.95 :eek:

Ouch! I was quoted $60 from the place I bought the gauges and tap from. The sales rep told me they beat everyone's prices, so it sounds like he was right.

Monty
08-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I am going to fill up if I see you at a red light

Heh...I triple dog dare you. ROFL

Monty
08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll touch base with you as the game gets closer.

I actually sold my pass to the Blue Lot because our hotel has a MetroRail stop right outside the door......take it right to Reliant.

Can't wait for this trip.....

Sounds good. We'll show those Texcan'ts how to tailgate. :)

mikeyis4dcats.
08-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Ouch! I was quoted $60 from the place I bought the gauges and tap from. The sales rep told me they beat everyone's prices, so it sounds like he was right.

did you call Praxair or Airgas?

Monty
08-22-2007, 07:44 AM
did you call Praxair or Airgas?

Not yet, but I will once I get the chance. Thanks for the link. :thumb:

From what I understand at this point, a 5 lb. tank will last me through the season, so that will work. I'm really stoked to get the tap installed....and get started on the tailgating!!! :toast: