PDA

View Full Version : First time fantasy football player

jjchieffan
08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I have never played ff before, but decided the other day to give it a try. Due to my lack of experience, I just joined a public one on yahoo with an auto draft. My draft is done now. Do I have a chance with this team?

QB Palmer, Leinart
RB Alexander, Westbrook, Lynch
WR Walker, Burress, Coles, Porter(Oak), Berrian(chi)
TE Shockey, Scheffler(Den)
k Elam, Kasey
Def Pitt

doomy3
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
your team looks pretty good! Nice first draft!

How many teams are in the league?

Mile High Mania
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
That was an auto draft? Very nice!

jjchieffan
08-21-2007, 04:37 PM
There are 10 teams in the league

Reerun_KC
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Good shot at being very solid...

Skip Towne
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
We need another player in our money league. We'll tell you if you win.

jjchieffan
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
There is one team that looks to dominate the league. he has
QB Manning, Delhomme
RB Reggie Bush, Michael Bush, Adrian Peterson
WR Branch, Glenn, B Edwards, V Jackson, S Holmes
TE Vernon Davis, Owen Daniels
K Vinateri
Def Balt, Oak

The Franchise
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
QB Manning, Delhomme
K Vinateri
Def Balt, Oak
That guy is screwed when it comes to RBs. That is unless he plans on trading some people away for one.

jjchieffan
08-21-2007, 04:54 PM
See now thats how much I know about ff. I thought that he would do great with Reggie Bush, and Adrian Peterson. I hope to learn alot this season

The Franchise
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
See now thats how much I know about ff. I thought that he would do great with Reggie Bush, and Adrian Peterson. I hope to learn alot this season

They both split carries....plus he has no RB when it comes to their bye weeks. Michael Bush is possibly going to be on IR this year.

kcxiv
08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
I am in my first league as well. well i tried one other time, but i didnt even look at it after i signed up. Draft is tonight. Should be interesting for me.

macdawg
08-21-2007, 05:17 PM
did a league in 2004 and won my first year.

doing it again for the first time since, always had to work when my friends had their draft so I've really missed it.

9 teams in our league (couldn't find a 10th)

you get 17 picks, start 1 qb, 2 rb's, 3 wr's, 1 defense, 1 kicker, and 1 'flex player'.

Here is my team
QB - Hasselbeck, E Manning (guys in my draft were letting Hasselbeck fall way down so got him pretty low risk)

RB - Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Deuce McAllister, Ahman Green, Lamont Jordan (you might think it was stupid to get Jordan, but as far as I know he is Oaklands starer, guys were taking backup RB's at this point in the long draft, and backup WRs, I saw it as low risk pick_
went extra heavy on the RB's in case 1 gets hurt or for trade bait)

WR - Marvin Harrison, TJ Housmanzilly, Lavern Coles, Vince Jackson,
Devery Henderson (hendo might have been my highest risk pick, but hes a burner with Drew Brees so if he turns out useless and is worse than a free agent I'll switch that part up, Vince Jackson fell way down, is SD's best WR, is big & fast and Norv Turner will pass the ball)

TE - Todd Heap & Heath Miller (sort of regret taking Miller when I did, could have made a better pick but I was at a point of thinking depth and preparing for Heaps bye week, thinking, there is only 1 TE left I could really see doing anything, Gates & Gonzo went very fast and I'd rather stockpile WR's & RB's)

Defense - Bronco's (regret taking them for obvious reasons, I hate the donks, but that secondary will get picks, I regret taking them as early as I did but decent defenses were off the boards, and taking denver seemed better than alternatives, also got Minnesota defense whom I might drop and get a kicker for my kickers bye week)

kicker - Josh brown seattle

I got the 2nd pick, I consider myself to have the second best team right now since a friend of mine has LT & Manning on his team, my team is more balanced and prepared for injuries & bye weeks, his team more prepared for putting up ridiculous #'s.

Skyy God
08-21-2007, 06:23 PM
We need another player in our money league. We'll tell you if you win.

What's the format and entry fee?

DJay23
08-21-2007, 08:28 PM
well i tried one other time, but i didnt even look at it after i signed up.
Apparently you didn't try it. Do all of the serious players a favor and put some committment into it this time. Nothing is more frustrating than watching someone either give up or never start with their team, and leave a whole roster of perfectly good players locked up for use by no one.

We had a guy in our baseball league last year, who for whatever reason had David Ortiz on the bench one day. Then, the guy was without a computer for a couple months and never bothered to check again. Had he not even signed up, someone else who was trying desperately to win could have had and used Ortiz.

kcxiv
08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Apparently you didn't try it. Do all of the serious players a favor and put some committment into it this time. Nothing is more frustrating than watching someone either give up or never start with their team, and leave a whole roster of perfectly good players locked up for use by no one.

We had a guy in our baseball league last year, who for whatever reason had David Ortiz on the bench one day. Then, the guy was without a computer for a couple months and never bothered to check again. Had he not even signed up, someone else who was trying desperately to win could have had and used Ortiz.Yeah, pretty much. I have my first draft in about 20 min. I really hope i know what i am doing and am going to rely on my football knowledge to see how i do. This should be interesting.

kcxiv
08-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Damn it. I draft 7th.

LiL stumppy
08-21-2007, 09:37 PM
QB Manning, Delhomme
K Vinateri
Def Balt, Oak

Your team is better than him. You will have a good first year.

kcxiv
08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
So, i have

QB-Romo, Favre
RB-Gore, Ronnie Brown, Ledell Betts, LenDale White.
WR-Drive. R.Moss, Cotchery, S. Holmes, D. Bowe.
TE- Gates, E. Johnson.
D. Pitt
K. Medlock

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2007, 09:50 PM
So, i have

QB-Romo, Favre
RB-Gore, Ronnie Brown, Ledell Betts, LenDale White.
WR-Drive. R.Moss, Cotchery, S. Holmes, D. Bowe.
TE- Gates, E. Johnson.
D. Pitt
K. Medlock

Homer

kcxiv
08-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Homer
Was my last 2 picks. Why not? Maybe later on in the season after Bowe gets used of the NFL and maybe a guy gets hurt, he can come in.

Medlock i got due to Herm's style of offense. he's going to have alot of field goal chances.

jjchieffan
08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
thanks for the analysis guys. I appreciate it. I was thinking about a homer trade, for TG. Is there anybody I have that would make sense to trade?

jjchieffan
09-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Your team is better than him. You will have a good first year.

You were right. My team scored 124 points, second highest in my league. The guy I thought would do so great had 68 points. I would have had the highest point total in the league had I started Coles instead od Jerry Porter. Oh well, like I said, I am learning.

jjchieffan
09-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Is there a link that explains scoring on the yahoo leagues? I was trying to find out how my team is doing, but can't figure out the scoring.

jjchieffan
09-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Great week to have Carson Palmer on my team. Holy crap! 6 TD's 360 yds. I have no idea how many points that is, but it sure is going to give my fantasy team a great start.

jjchieffan
09-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Is there a link that explains scoring on the yahoo leagues? I was trying to find out how my team is doing, but can't figure out the scoring.

Does anyone know?

jjchieffan
09-16-2007, 07:49 PM
nevermind. I finally found it. I think I may win this week. I should know for sure in the morning. If I figure it right, I lead 99-48, but I have westbrook playing tommorrow, my opponent has Brady, Moss, watson, and kaeding playing now. They have already accounted for 32 points at halftime, so the gap is already closed to 99-80

jjchieffan
10-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Good shot at being very solid...

You were right. I have been very solid. 5-0 now. That includes a head to head with the guy I mentioned above who has Manning, as well as a win against a team with Brady, Moss & Owens. I have done some tweaking along the way. Gone is Scheffler, Coles, Porter, Berian, Leinart,&Kasey. In their place I have added; Gonzalez, Bowe, D. Foster, Burleson, S.Young for trade bait, & NYG Def.(Pit Bye this week.)BTW the team I mentioned above, 4-1, second only to me.

grimes82
10-11-2007, 10:37 PM
quick quesiton for the fantasy gods.........someone is offering me edgerin james for frank gore, which i know face value sounds like i shouldnt do it....however i have little confidence in the 49rs offense and i think edgerin james will probably end up being a top back this year...anythoughts?

KCChiefsMan
10-11-2007, 11:13 PM
quick quesiton for the fantasy gods.........someone is offering me edgerin james for frank gore, which i know face value sounds like i shouldnt do it....however i have little confidence in the 49rs offense and i think edgerin james will probably end up being a top back this year...anythoughts?

I'd probably give Gore for James at this point. The SF offense is $hit and with Trent Dilfer running the offense doesn't help

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2007, 11:15 PM
gore still has more perceived value than james, i would counter with the same thing but make him give up another solid player at a position you need

jjchieffan
11-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I have never played ff before, but decided the other day to give it a try. Due to my lack of experience, I just joined a public one on yahoo with an auto draft. My draft is done now. Do I have a chance with this team?

QB Palmer, Leinart
RB Alexander, Westbrook, Lynch
WR Walker, Burress, Coles, Porter(Oak), Berrian(chi)
TE Shockey, Scheffler(Den)
k Elam, Kasey
Def Pitt

What a year so far. I have advanced to 8-1. My team has changed a bit though. Leinart, SCheffler, Elam, and Kasey as well as all my WR's except Burress are gone. I traded Coles for TG. My roster now looks like this:

QB: Palmer
RB: Westbrook, Lynch, Alexander, S. Young, Jesse Chatman
WR: Burress, Evans, Bowe, Stokely, Patten
TE: TG, Shockey
K: Bironas
Def: Pitt

I also had Derek Anderson as my backup QB early in the season and decided I didnt need a backup after Palmers bye Week. I hope I don't end up regretting that because Palmer gets hurt. With the exception of Leinart and Walker, who are hurt and the kickers Everyone else has been picked up by someone in my league, despite the fact That I tried to trade all of them first. :banghead: I guess thats what happens in a autodraft public league. I have learned alot this year, and hope to get into a private league next year.