PDA

View Full Version : You guys might get a good laugh out of this...

bishop_74
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Link (http://kotaku.com/gaming/just-add-water/boy-fries-himself-with-hot-hot-xbox-360-291988.php)

Boy Fries Himself with Hot Hot Xbox

Dumb, dumb, dumb. Apparently, a 14 year-old North Carolina boy was almost killed trying to keep his Xbox 360 from overheating. According to local news, the boy's mother found her son unconscious after he attempted to submerge the console in a pan of water. "When I left to go next door he was playing a game but when I got back he was laying on his back on the floor and unconscious," she said. The console, wrapped in plastic and tape, was still plugged in. The kid has read online that he could keep his 360 from over heating by cooling its power supply. By the time the ambulance showed up, the boy had regained consciousness. Thankfully, when the ambulance arrived, the boy had regained his senses. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and suffered small burns on his hand and foot. Kids remember: No matter what the internet says, electricity and water are NOT friends. They're not even on speaking terms.

StcChief
08-21-2007, 09:16 PM
This tops the knife/screwdriver in the AC wall outlet.

noa
08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I guess Autumwind made a quick recovery. He's already back to trolling here.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2007, 09:20 PM
he is destined to win a Darwin Award.

KcMizzou
08-21-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm amazed he was smart enough to power the damned thing up, let alone play a game.

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
thats awesome, what some people wont do to conitinue playing a game, you would think if you shut if off for 15 minutes that would cool it down.

Simplex3
08-21-2007, 09:27 PM
thats awesome, what some people wont do to conitinue playing a game, you would think if you shut if off for 15 minutes that would cool it down.
Or maybe a fan. :shrug:

Demonpenz
08-21-2007, 09:27 PM
i hope he saved often

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2007, 09:28 PM
i hope he saved often
and i hope mommy can afford a new xbox

Simplex3
08-21-2007, 09:31 PM
i hope he saved often
Jesus saves. [/Grand Theft Auto]

Ebolapox
08-21-2007, 09:34 PM
and i hope mommy can afford a new xbox

I don't. dumbass should get off his ass, get a job, and stop feeding off of the teet of motha

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't. dumbass should get off his ass, get a job, and stop feeding off of the teet of motha
uhmmm? do you know this kid? personal vendetta? :p

Ebolapox
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
uhmmm? do you know this kid? personal vendetta? :p

no, I only know that the little bastage didn't buy the 3-shitty himself, and maybe it isn't mommy's fault that little brian is a dumbass who didn't know electricity and water didn't mix. if it wasn't mommy's fault, why should mommy pay ANOTHER 400 bucks so briana can f*ck THAT one up?

heh

I was being TIC

in all seriousness, I believe parents spoil their kids WAY too much in our society--you know what my first video game system was? when I got a job at 16 (f*cking mcdonald's), I got MYSELF a gameboy color... and when I was 18, I bought myself an n64

...little spoiled bastages get everything handed to em' :p

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2007, 09:44 PM
you sound jealous

Simplex3
08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
when I got a job at 16 (f*cking mcdonald's), I got MYSELF a gameboy color... and when I was 18, I bought myself an n64
I was 13 and got a job working at Food-4-Less at minimum wage. $3.35/hour didn't go very far, but after a 20 hour week my friends thought I was f**king Jay Z when we'd head out on Friday. LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I was 13 and got a job working at Food-4-Less at minimum wage. $3.35/hour didn't go very far, but after a 20 hour week my friends thought I was f**king Jay Z when we'd head out on Friday. LMAO
Big Pimpin

DJay23
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
You can buy an Intercooler for $20 at EB games. Seems like a better option than death.

Simplex3
08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
You can buy an Intercooler for $20 at EB games. Seems like a better option than death.
Don't discourage people that are dumb enough to try this.

KCChiefsMan
08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
I bet he went on an internet message board for xbox or something and wrote
"help guys, what do I do? my system may be overheating, how do I cool it down?"

and some mean guy wrote sarcastically
"put it in water, make sure it's still running and that will cool it down"

ROFL

Simplex3
08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
In the dumbass's defense he DID wrap it in plastic and tape, I'm sure in an idiotic attempt to keep the water out (and, I might add, the heat in).

RJ
08-21-2007, 10:04 PM
--you know what my first video game system was? when I got a job at 16 (f*cking mcdonald's), I got MYSELF a gameboy color... and when I was 18, I bought myself an n64

That's funny. Guys your age talking about video games are going to sound the way my grandpa did talking about going to the movies......."If I wanted to go to the movies I had to cut grass for the whole summer. At the end of the summer I got a dime. I went to the movies and had popcorn, had 3 cents left over"...........It all relative I suppose.

Ebolapox
08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
you sound jealous

to each his own. look, I won't sugar-coat it. I grew up poor and have had to fight tooth and nail for everything in life. I've worked since I could 'legally' work. everything in my apartment? it's there because I f*cking went to work (likely at a job I hated) and earned the money so I could call that possession mine. I work full-time AND go to college full-time. is it easy? no. but do I do it to better myself and my life? yes.

I take great annoyance (not jealousy) at the fact that so many people in the society we live in have a sense of entitlement. like they 'deserve' everything because of who they are. you think the kid in the example will ever have the sense of pride knowing that he 'earned' something by working his ass off? I sure hope so--it's one of the greatest rushes in the world, knowing that one doesn't have to suck at the power-teet, and having one's independence.

look no further than paris f*cking hilton. know why she's famous? her last.f*cking.name. she has no talent, yet she has more money than you or I will ever have because of that last name.

but will she ever appreciate anything like I appreciate what I've accomplished thus far in my life?

no.

Ebolapox
08-21-2007, 10:06 PM

heh, amen to that. I remember when I first got a job, meager amounts of money (to me now) felt like being donald f*cking trump...

Ebolapox
08-21-2007, 10:07 PM
That's funny. Guys your age talking about video games are going to sound the way my grandpa did talking about going to the movies......."If I wanted to go to the movies I had to cut grass for the whole summer. At the end of the summer I got a dime. I went to the movies and had popcorn, had 3 cents left over"...........It all relative I suppose.

wouldn't shock me. I tend to be 'oldschool' in my thought-processes though.

Skip Towne
08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I guess Autumwind made a quick recovery. He's already back to trolling here.
:LOL:

Skip Towne
08-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey you young whippersnapper, your grandpa had to walk to school through 10' of snow 8 miles. Uphill both ways. In 110 degree temperatures.

RJ
08-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey you young whippersnapper, your grandpa had to walk to school through 10' of snow 8 miles. Uphill both ways. In 110 degree temperatures.

Yep. Funny how it changes. My grandpa thought I was spoiled cause we had TV.....3 channels, B&W. I guess I was lucky, my school was only uphill in one direction.

Skip Towne
08-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Yep. Funny how it changes. My grandpa thought I was spoiled cause we had TV.....3 channels, B&W. I guess I was lucky, my school was only uphill in one direction.
We didn't have ANY TV until I was 10 years old. And then there was nothing but a test pattern all day. At 7 PM, a couple of hours of programming came on. Yeah! We only got 1 channel and we thought we were lucky. Milton Berle was the host of a popular variety show. It was all black and white and very grainy. We thought it was magic. I still think it is.

kepp
08-22-2007, 12:58 AM
I bet he went on an internet message board for xbox or something and wrote
"help guys, what do I do? my system may be overheating, how do I cool it down?"

and some mean guy wrote sarcastically
"put it in water, make sure it's still running and that will cool it down"

ROFL
Heh...he probably got the answer here.

KCChiefsMan
08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
to each his own. look, I won't sugar-coat it. I grew up poor and have had to fight tooth and nail for everything in life. I've worked since I could 'legally' work. everything in my apartment? it's there because I f*cking went to work (likely at a job I hated) and earned the money so I could call that possession mine. I work full-time AND go to college full-time. is it easy? no. but do I do it to better myself and my life? yes.

I take great annoyance (not jealousy) at the fact that so many people in the society we live in have a sense of entitlement. like they 'deserve' everything because of who they are. you think the kid in the example will ever have the sense of pride knowing that he 'earned' something by working his ass off? I sure hope so--it's one of the greatest rushes in the world, knowing that one doesn't have to suck at the power-teet, and having one's independence.

look no further than paris f*cking hilton. know why she's famous? her last.f*cking.name. she has no talent, yet she has more money than you or I will ever have because of that last name.

but will she ever appreciate anything like I appreciate what I've accomplished thus far in my life?

no.

I hear ya man. Why do you think I got so pi$$ed off at people when I waited tables (if you were around for my rants then). I went to college, got my degree. I paid for it all 100% from working my a$$ off at that restaraunt waiting tables/bartending and later managing 40+ hours per week on top of going to school at KU full time. And each semester they raised tuition too. I only got a $10K scholarship to help out a little, but the rest came out of my pocket. I got made fun of a lot on here for waiting tables, and it kinda pi$$ed me off...but I was a pretty pi$$ed off person when I worked my ass off like that.

I'm just glad that's all over with and I'm finally comfortable for once.

KCChiefsMan
08-22-2007, 02:00 AM
and when I was in college, it seemed to me that the people with the most problems were the ones that were handed everything. I've plenty of rich daddy's girl's crying on and on about all their problems and most of the problems didn't sound that bad. I think it builds a lot of character and responsibility early on to work the way some of us had to and I have no regrets on that.

KC Kings
08-22-2007, 05:54 AM
This tops the knife/screwdriver in the AC wall outlet.
Will that even shock you?

I always heard that in a home electrical system you needed a send and return line, so sticking a screwdriver in an outlet wouldn't do anything to you unless you were touching the return line as well. I have replaced outlets and light receptacles without turning off the power. I just never touch more than one line at once and I never get shocked.

I have in the past been shocked mulitple times, (through my watch on a tractor battery, working on a 220 volt water pump for a hot tub while sitting on a metal egg crate in a pool of water, and got hit when my elbow grounded out while replacing 1 of 40 car batteries in series in a UPS), so maybe I have just been lucky with the 110.

Jilly
08-22-2007, 06:11 AM
I think it's time to bring in Billy the Tree Climbing kid to teach our kids about electrical safety. I know his specialty was overhead lines, but I bet he knows all about all that other electrical stuff too.

Phobia
08-22-2007, 06:53 AM

I always heard that in a home electrical system you needed a send and return line, so sticking a screwdriver in an outlet wouldn't do anything to you unless you were touching the return line as well. I have replaced outlets and light receptacles without turning off the power. I just never touch more than one line at once and I never get shocked.

If I were you, I would stop touching the black one.

Phobia
08-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I got made fun of a lot on here for waiting tables, and it kinda pi$$ed me off...
No you didn't. You got made fun of because you did stupid crap. Believe me, it didn't have anything to do with you actually waiting tables.

Frosty
08-22-2007, 06:55 AM

I always heard that in a home electrical system you needed a send and return line, so sticking a screwdriver in an outlet wouldn't do anything to you unless you were touching the return line as well.

Or any other source to ground. You're a lot safer by turning the breaker off.

Skip Towne
08-22-2007, 07:02 AM

I have in the past been shocked mulitple times, (through my watch on a tractor battery, working on a 220 volt water pump for a hot tub while sitting on a metal egg crate in a pool of water, and got hit when my elbow grounded out while replacing 1 of 40 car batteries in series in a UPS), so maybe I have just been lucky with the 110.
I would re-evaluate your cunning plan.

ArrowheadHawk
08-22-2007, 07:18 AM
I would re-evaluate your cunning plan.
the next thread may be about some idiot changing out switches without turning off the breaker

DJay23
08-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I only got a $10K scholarship

Aww, is that all? Only $10K?

That's $10K more than I'll bet a majority of college grads, including me, got.

ArrowheadHawk
08-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Aww, is that all? Only $10K?

That's $10K more than I'll bet a majority of college grads, including me, got.
ive got 10K in student loans and ive only been to a community college

crazycoffey
08-22-2007, 07:42 AM

No, no man. This snow cone is on me! [/young Simplex3]

Donger
08-22-2007, 07:50 AM

It will shock you if you become part of the circuit.

Mr. Plow
08-22-2007, 08:00 AM

If I ever started doing work on electrical stuff in my house my wife would find me dead. My brain doesn't work all the time. Well, actually my brain doesn't work most of the time.

Dunit35
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
heh, amen to that. I remember when I first got a job, meager amounts of money (to me now) felt like being donald f*cking trump...

Ha, my first job was Pizza Hut when I was 16. I felt rich when I'd bring in 140 paychecks. Now, I'd be homeless.

Dunit35
08-22-2007, 09:56 AM
ive got 10K in student loans and ive only been to a community college

I've got 4500 out this year and had 7K last year. My first year in school I had 13K out, had to live in the stupid dorms which cost around 8k.

When I graduate I should have around 20K to pay back. My father is paying most of the 13K back until I graduate.

CoMoChief
08-22-2007, 09:57 AM

Not too many people will hire a 14 yr old other than if he just went around mowing lawns.

Ebolapox
08-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Not too many people will hire a 14 yr old other than if he just went around mowing lawns.

see, that part I was being a smartass (note, I said I was being TIC in his response to that)

Bwana
08-22-2007, 10:55 AM