PDA

View Full Version : Bill Murray...

Redrum_69
08-22-2007, 09:42 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/22/people.billmurray.ap/index.html

Bill Murray: Drunken driving in a golf cart?

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Bill Murray could face a drunken driving harge after cruising through downtown Stockholm in a golf cart and refusing to take a breath test, citing U.S. law.

Bill Murray rides in a golf cart in 1999. Stockholm police say he was riding through downtown in such a vehicle.

Police officers spotted the 56-year-old actor-comedian early Sunday in the slow-moving vehicle and noticed he smelled of alcohol when they pulled him over, said Detective-Inspector Christer Holmlund of the Stockholm police.

"He refused to blow in the (breath test) instrument, citing American legislation," Holmlund told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "So we applied the old method -- a blood test. It will take 14 days before the results are in."

Murray, who had been at a golf tournament in Sweden, signed a document admitting that he was driving under the influence, and agreed to let a police officer plead guilty for him if the case goes to court, Holmlund said.

"Then he was let go. My guess is he went back to America," Holmlund said.

He said Murray would only be charged if tests show his blood alcohol level exceeded the legal limit, which is quite low in Sweden.

A very high alcohol level could lead to a prison sentence, but Holmlund said fines were more likely.

"There were no obvious signs, like when someone is really tipsy," he said.

Holmlund said it wasn't clear where Murray picked up the vehicle, or to whom it belonged.

"It was a golf cart. How it ended up in this predicament I don't know," he said, adding that Murray wasn't facing any theft charges.

It isn't illegal to drive a golf cart in city traffic in Sweden, but Holmlund said it is very unusual.

"I have done this since '68 and I've never experienced anything like this," he said.

Murray was among the early cast members of NBC's "Saturday Night Live." He was nominated for an Oscar for 2003's "Lost in Translation." His screen credits also include the 1980 golfing comedy, "Caddyshack"; "Groundhog Day"; and "Rushmore."

Skyy God
08-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Stockholm is fantastic in the summer. Can't blame Bill one bit for getting ripped on schnapps and carting it back to his hotel.

bobbything
08-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Cannonball! Cannonball comin'...

StcChief
08-22-2007, 10:04 AM
It's in the Hole. /caddyshack

Chief Henry
08-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh Mrs. Loubbner, quit it.

gblowfish
08-22-2007, 10:10 AM
If arrested, he'll join one of my other cult heroes in infamy...
George Jones, who got a DUI on a riding lawn mower.

CoMoChief
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
If arrested, he'll join one of my other cult heroes in infamy...
George Jones, who got a DUI on a riding lawn mower.
Thats funny.

crazycoffey
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Citing american laws / rights in another country. Yeah, no wonder the rest of the world's population says the word "pompous" in the same sentence as americans. (of course they say it in their own languages)

It's still funny.....

CosmicPal
08-22-2007, 10:21 AM
My grandfather used to do that in SoCal: drive around the neighborhood in his golf cart after having a few too many cocktails.

StcChief
08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Citing american laws / rights in another country. Yeah, no wonder the rest of the world's population says the word "pompous" in the same sentence as americans. (of course they say it in their own languages)

It's still funny.....

They could say the same for their OWN Celeb's as well. The Monte Carlo crowd et.al.

Simply Red
08-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Just heard this on the radio. Too funny.

Demonpenz
08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Some of the laws were probably lost in translation

Redrum_69
08-22-2007, 10:37 AM
There may have been a groundhog involved in all this...

Bwana
08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Heh!

HypnotizedMonkey
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/22/people.billmurray.ap/index.html

Murray was among the early cast members of NBC's "Saturday Night Live." He was nominated for an Oscar for 2003's "Lost in Translation." His screen credits also include the 1980 golfing comedy, "Caddyshack"; "Groundhog Day"; and "Rushmore."

-The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
-Ghostbusters

Let the man drink and drive!