PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2007 yearbook on espn 2morrow. .

percysnow
08-22-2007, 06:57 PM
1:30 eastern time. . .set ur tivos. . .

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
It's okkaaaaaaaayyyy

Direckshun
08-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Kickass.

Priest4Prez
08-22-2007, 07:21 PM
the miracle of new years and then the wild card game. the end

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2007, 07:23 PM

don't forget the 20 replays of the hit on trent from 6 different angles

Deberg_1990
08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Herms finest coaching job

Priest4Prez
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
If GC has his way, there will be a lot of highlights of LJ carrying the team to the playoffs

Reerun_KC
08-22-2007, 07:35 PM

ROFL

Oh of course, cause we were such a playoff caliber team last year...

Too bad last year we were the worst team to ever luck into the playoffs in the history of the NFL and then were promptly ran like the little bitches we were....

Playoffs? LMAO

Priest4Prez
08-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I was so pumped getting into the playoffs, and then that game happened. I wanted to cry, in fact, when tynes shanked that FG, a little tear ran down my cheek.

Deberg_1990
08-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Too bad last year we were the worst team to ever luck into the playoffs in the history of the NFL

Yes, because no 8-8 team has ever made the playoffs before....

Priest4Prez
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
we weren't 8-8, but i understand where you are coming from. But i agree with Reerun. The odds were highly stacked against us, but we made it. We luckyed alright

DaKCMan AP
ROFL

Oh of course, cause we were such a playoff caliber team last year...

Too bad last year we were the worst team to ever luck into the playoffs in the history of the NFL and then were promptly ran like the little bitches we were....

Playoffs? LMAO

"Let's don't get this thing twisted and think we backed into this deal. We didn't lose. We won. We won the game we were supposed to win. Those other teams played at home. They didn't win. That's not our fault. All we can do is win, and we did that and that's why we're in the playoffs, to be quite honest. We won enough games to get in the playoffs. It's very simple. Twenty teams are packing up today. We're not one of those 20. I don't want to hear about luck."

Reerun_KC
Yes, because no 8-8 team has ever made the playoffs before....

Record had nothing to do with the pissing down our leg performance we displayed..

Can you name another playoff game that was more embarrasing to the NFL, Fans, Former Player, Coaches, Former Coachs, Parking Attendents, The Beer Dude or the late Bill Walsh then what we trotted out there with last year?

Reerun_KC
08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
"Let's don't get this thing twisted and think we backed into this deal. We didn't lose. We won. We won the game we were supposed to win. Those other teams played at home. They didn't win. That's not our fault. All we can do is win, and we did that and that's why we're in the playoffs, to be quite honest. We won enough games to get in the playoffs. It's very simple. Twenty teams are packing up today. We're not one of those 20. I don't want to hear about luck."

Game, Set, Match... I Stand Corrected!!!!!
:bravo:

Deberg_1990
08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
we weren't 8-8, but i understand where you are coming from. But i agree with Reerun. The odds were highly stacked against us, but we made it. We luckyed alright

We were 9-7. I was basically trying to say we were far from the worst playoff team of all time.

We made our own luck last year as well. We won the games we had to win like the JAX game at the end of the year.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2007, 07:53 PM
We were 9-7. I was basically trying to say we were far from the worst playoff team of all time.

We made our own luck last year as well. We won the games we had to win like the JAX game at the end of the year.

I know, I know... it still was one of the greatest miracles in the history of the NFL for us to get in.....

IF only we would of played like we belonged in the playoffs... Losing is one thing, but getting complete humiliated on national TV is another...

We didnt even look DII level competitive in that game...

I am still embarrased when people bring up the 2007 playoffs.

Deberg_1990
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I know, I know... it still was one of the greatest miracles in the history of the NFL for us to get in.....

IF only we would of played like we belonged in the playoffs... Losing is one thing, but getting complete humiliated on national TV is another...

Obviously, we could have done better, but our WR's and Trent Green were pretty bad in that game as well.

Looking back, and seeing how well the Colts D played the rest of the playoffs, its not so embarrasing. That Colts D dominated all their playoff games.

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2007, 07:55 PM

It could have been worse. We could have lost at home to San Fran in OT with the playoffs on the line. Dungver did.

Reerun_KC
08-22-2007, 07:57 PM
It could have been worse. We could have lost at home to San Fran in OT with the playoffs on the line. Dungver did.

Ouch... They might need some ice for that burn.....

Reerun_KC
08-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Obviously, we could have done better, but our WR's and Trent Green were pretty bad in that game as well.

Looking back, and seeing how well the Colts D played the rest of the playoffs, its not so embarrasing. That Colts D dominated all their playoff games.

Yes Trent, LJ, the whole OL, anyone trying to catch a ball, COACHING...

Okay, was there anything that came out of last year that you would want to remember?

Our Defense didnt score a TD for the first time in 17 years! (I think the years is right?)

Deberg_1990
08-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Okay, was there anything that came out of last year that you would want to remember?

As bad as the O-line was last year, LJ still rushed for 1700+

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 10:42 AM
We didn't lose to the Colts 55-0.

We lost 23-8. The defensive coaching was superb against a Super Bowl-bound offense that ranks among the best the league's ever seen. The offense was a complete implosion, but it wasn't the hopeless destruction of the Chiefs that everybody seems to make it out to be because the defense played so well.

Our defense did a better job shutting down Manning than the top-ranked New England and Chicago defenses, and only the Ravens defense kept Manning in tighter control -- and we actually intercepted him three times.

I make no excuses for our horrendous offense in every phase, but let's not paint this thing as a Chiefs implosion. It was an offense implosion.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 10:44 AM

Our Defense didnt score a TD for the first time in 17 years! (I think the years is right?)
There's plenty (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4119633#post4119633) that I'd like to remember.

It doesn't matter if our defense didn't score a TD. Our defense scored a TD each of the past five years and they were awful.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2007, 10:46 AM

We lost 23-8. The defensive coaching was superb against a Super Bowl-bound offense that ranks among the best the league's ever seen. The offense was a complete implosion, but it wasn't the hopeless destruction of the Chiefs that everybody seems to make it out to be because the defense played so well.

Our defense did a better job shutting down Manning than the top-ranked New England and Chicago defenses, and only the Ravens defense kept Manning in tighter control -- and we actually intercepted him three times.

I make no excuses for our horrendous offense in every phase, but let's not paint this thing as a Chiefs implosion. It was an offense implosion.

Good points, and like i mentioned earlier, lets give the Colts D some credit as well. They stepped up to the challenge in every playoff game. They were tremendous.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 10:49 AM

JeeeeeSUS. You act as if a team's never been humiliated in a playoff game before.

It happens. You've absolutely got to move on, because there's nothing the Chiefs can do about a bad game they played 8 months ago.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Good points, and like i mentioned earlier, lets give the Colts D some credit as well. They stepped up to the challenge in every playoff game. They were tremendous.
I wasn't impressed with their D, either.

The Chiefs didn't exist offensively, the Ravens were somehow almost as bad, and Grossman was Grossman in the Super Bowl.

The only real offense they faced on their way to the title was New England, and Brady steamrolled them with C-list WRs.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Too bad last year we were the worst team to ever luck into the playoffs in the history of the NFL and then were promptly ran like the little bitches we were.
The embarrassment really shows, Dexter.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2007, 10:54 AM
I wasn't impressed with their D, either.

haha....yea, it sure must suck to have a Super Bowl winning defense.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
haha....yea, it sure must suck to have a Super Bowl winning defense.
Impressive logic there, professor.

"The Colts were a Super Bowl team, therefore every part of the Colts team must be a top notch unit."

Wrong. The Colts have had one of the most dominant offenses lead by one of the greatest QBs ever to have played the game. They were awful in run defense all season and lucked out to only have faced one consistnently good offense out of four.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Impressive logic there, professor.

"The Colts were a Super Bowl team, therefore every part of the Colts team must be a top notch unit."

Wrong. The Colts have had one of the most dominant offenses lead by one of the greatest QBs ever to have played the game. They were awful in run defense all season and lucked out to only have faced one consistnently good offense out of four.

Yes, their run D was bad, but played big when it most counted (playoffs)

Manning, was never really truly dominant in any of the playoff games. Like it or not, the D carried them to their SB win.

kcxiv
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Chiefs dropped so many damn balls the first 2 drives. it really killed our chances. Once we missed the chip shot field goal i just knew it wasnt meant yet again.

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 11:16 AM
The embarrassment really shows, Dexter.

Sorry Professor, I will make sure you proof read all my posts before I post them...

Damn dude put me back on ignore, it is better for your blood pressure that way...

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, their run D was bad, but played big when it most counted (playoffs)

Manning, was never really truly dominant in any of the playoff games. Like it or not, the D carried them to their SB win.
Man, I just couldn't disagree more.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry Professor, I will make sure you proof read all my posts before I post them...

Damn dude put me back on ignore, it is better for your blood pressure that way...
I never had you on ignore. It's a genuine pleasure for me to respond to your goofy material.

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I never had you on ignore. It's a genuine pleasure for me to respond to your goofy material.

Oh Okay, whatever floats your boat dude....

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh Okay, whatever floats your boat dude....
I think someone who spends a lot of time on a board for a team he's embarrassed by isn't exactly in the best position to criticize what anybody else does for entertainment.

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 11:27 AM
They're in the 5th inning of a Little League game.

Are they going to air this thing or not?

runnercyclist
08-23-2007, 11:27 AM
1:30 eastern time. . .set ur tivos. . .

No it's not.

KurtCobain
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
:BS:

Direckshun
08-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, when's it airing?

KurtCobain
08-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Angry football fan mob in 3... 2.... 1....

Baby Lee
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Record had nothing to do with the pissing down our leg performance we displayed..

Can you name another playoff game that was more embarrasing to the NFL, Fans, Former Player, Coaches, Former Coachs, Parking Attendents, The Beer Dude or the late Bill Walsh then what we trotted out there with last year?
I can think of several.
Miami losing like 62-0 in one of Marino's last years
Favre throwing 7 picks a few years ago.
The Pats in 85
The Broncos several times in the SB
The Vikes against Dallas in the mid-90s
Broncos Ravens when the Ravens took it all
Giants Vikes that same year

That's just off the top of my head.

Bearcat
08-23-2007, 12:04 PM

That reminds me...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recapPlayoff2002?gameId=230104020

Oh, the irony.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- After what they went through to make the playoffs, what a waste it would have been to exit early.
That was the message Herman Edwards gave his New York Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj). They heeded it superbly, routing the befuddled Indianapolis Colts (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ind) 41-0 Saturday.
After barely getting into the postseason, the Jets emphatically showed they belong with their biggest playoff victory and their first postseason shutout. Chad Pennington (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5047), the sparkplug of their turnaround, threw for three touchdowns, LaMont Jordan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5496) ran for two and the defense had Peyton Manning (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4256) and the Colts off-stride from the outset.

New York (10-7) began the season 1-4, but won seven of its last nine to storm to the AFC East title on the final day of the season. The surge continued against the wild-card Colts (10-7).

The Jets will be at either Oakland or Tennessee next weekend. It was their first postseason victory since 1998, when they made it to the AFC championship game, and the score matched the last playoff game at the Meadowlands, when the Giants beat Minnesota for the 2000 NFC title.

The only more lopsided shutout win in NFL postseason history was Chicago's 73-0 victory over Washington for the 1940 title.

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
I can think of several.
Miami losing like 62-0 in one of Marino's last years
Favre throwing 7 picks a few years ago.
The Pats in 85
The Broncos several times in the SB
The Vikes against Dallas in the mid-90s
Broncos Ravens when the Ravens took it all
Giants Vikes that same year

That's just off the top of my head.

Thanks for the list...

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 12:13 PM
I think someone who spends a lot of time on a board for a team he's embarrassed by isn't exactly in the best position to criticize what anybody else does for entertainment.

yawn, your boring me....

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
That reminds me...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recapPlayoff2002?gameId=230104020

Oh, the irony.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- After what they went through to make the playoffs, what a waste it would have been to exit early.
That was the message Herman Edwards gave his New York Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj). They heeded it superbly, routing the befuddled Indianapolis Colts (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ind) 41-0 Saturday.
After barely getting into the postseason, the Jets emphatically showed they belong with their biggest playoff victory and their first postseason shutout. Chad Pennington (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5047), the sparkplug of their turnaround, threw for three touchdowns, LaMont Jordan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5496) ran for two and the defense had Peyton Manning (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4256) and the Colts off-stride from the outset.

New York (10-7) began the season 1-4, but won seven of its last nine to storm to the AFC East title on the final day of the season. The surge continued against the wild-card Colts (10-7).

The Jets will be at either Oakland or Tennessee next weekend. It was their first postseason victory since 1998, when they made it to the AFC championship game, and the score matched the last playoff game at the Meadowlands, when the Giants beat Minnesota for the 2000 NFC title.

The only more lopsided shutout win in NFL postseason history was Chicago's 73-0 victory over Washington for the 1940 title.

So now we have to take pride in what Herm did at the Jets? Irony? Where was the Chiefs that year, wasnt that the year we were self imploding with Marty?

Baby Lee
08-23-2007, 12:22 PM
So now we have to take pride in what Herm did at the Jets? Irony? Where was the Chiefs that year, wasnt that the year we were self imploding with Marty?
We were sucking under DV in 2000-freaking-2.

Your breadth of knowledge knows no bounds.

Bearcat
08-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Huh? :spock: All I said was That reminds me... You know, shutout, Herm, Colts. And yes, it is ironic that Herm secured a playoff spot on the last day of the season that year and ended up on the other side of a complete embarassment where the offense actually had first downs and stuff.

Breathe....

the Talking Can
08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Denver was embarrassed twice in a row by the Colts.

Epic meltdowns on both sides of the ball.

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
We were sucking under DV in 2000-freaking-2.

Your breadth of knowledge knows no bounds.

Crap I was looking at 1998 not 2000...

Yeah my bad....

Baby Lee
08-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Denver was embarrassed twice in a row by the Colts.

Epic meltdowns on both sides of the ball.
Donk 2ndary: "Hey! Harrison cought the ball, . . . Oh he went down on his own, good enough for me, high 5!! Whaaaaa!!!"