stumppy
08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I'd jump on that.

Chief Chief
08-23-2007, 07:34 AM
TAKE IT!!

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 07:36 AM
Hmmm.... just curious, what is the scoring for RB and WR and what do your two teams look like? It's a hell of an offer, but I like to know the info above before saying "do it".

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Uh no. You never trade LT...

He scores way to much. Plus he can catch and throw TD's... LJ Cant...

No way would I ever trade LT...

ct
08-23-2007, 07:55 AM
PPR? Do it now!

Archie Bunker
08-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I'd make the trade.

I don't want to make a new thread so here is my trade question.

What about this trade

I get
Rivers
Javon Walker

I give up
McNabb
Cotchery

My WRs are weak so Walker would make a nice addition but I wanted some other opinions.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 08:20 AM
I'd make the trade.

I don't want to make a new thread so here is my trade question.

What about this trade

I get
Rivers
Javon Walker

I give up
McNabb
Cotchery

My WRs are weak so Walker would make a nice addition but I wanted some other opinions.

That's easy... yes, do that trade. You're getting a much better WR and you're getting a nice QB in return for one that hasn't finished a season healthy since being the Madden Cover Boy.

Archie Bunker
08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
That's easy... yes, do that trade. You're getting a much better WR and you're getting a nice QB in return for one that hasn't finished a season healthy since being the Madden Cover Boy.

Thanks.

Sure-Oz
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Accept it before he has a second thought!

wutamess
08-23-2007, 08:29 AM
LJ & Steve Smith for LT.
Tough one but I'd do it.

LT scored almost 200 pts more than the 2nd best RB in our FFL.

Skyy God
08-23-2007, 08:29 AM
How about trading Foster for Betts? I have Portis and am concerned about his knee tendonitis.

crazycoffey
08-23-2007, 08:36 AM
How about trading Foster for Betts? I have Portis and am concerned about his knee tendonitis.

No way, sucker trade. Isn't Foster a starter? :p

Skyy God
08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
No way, sucker trade. Isn't Foster a starter? :p

I felt a little sheepish posting this on here, but I figured you wouldn't mind.

crazycoffey
08-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I felt a little sheepish posting this on here, but I figured you wouldn't mind.

no problem, I've been waiting for someone to blast me for it anyway... (I always second guess my moves. Last year I traded away the 49er RB and he had a break out year.)

you are getting more fantasy points (based on last year's numbers) from Betts but I don't remember how he did or if Foster was hurt.

Foster's not a bad RB, if he stays healthy, and I got LT, Dom. Rhodes, and another starter (I can't log in at work, and I can't remember who it is) So giving up my only true backup for another starter, why not. Plus you get a good back that is insurance for your starter portis.

Could be win win,
could be you never needed Betts and could have been better off with keeping Foster, or
could be foster gets hurt in wk one and I'm colored the dumbass for trading him.

FD
08-23-2007, 09:40 AM
How much is an elite defense worth for trading purposes? I've got baltimore and new england and want to get the best I can for one of them.

Are they worth an elite running back or receiver?

ct
08-23-2007, 09:45 AM
How much is an elite defense worth for trading purposes? I've got baltimore and new england and want to get the best I can for one of them.

Are they worth an elite running back or receiver?

No, not an elite skill player. But you might be able to package an elite D + a mid-level skill player for an upgrade to an elite skill player.

Look for a team stocked up at RB/WR with a weak D. Offer then your D plus a lesser RB/WR for the upgrade. Personally, I wouldn't trade with you, but you might pull it off.

Straight trade would be a mid level player at RB/WR, still a good trade for you as you have overstock at a position that doesn't give you the value.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 09:57 AM
No, not an elite skill player. But you might be able to package an elite D + a mid-level skill player for an upgrade to an elite skill player.

Look for a team stocked up at RB/WR with a weak D. Offer then your D plus a lesser RB/WR for the upgrade. Personally, I wouldn't trade with you, but you might pull it off.

Straight trade would be a mid level player at RB/WR, still a good trade for you as you have overstock at a position that doesn't give you the value.

Ditto... not many good FF owners are going to give you a nice starting player for a defense, so you need to trick up the trade and do Ravens or Pats and a mid-level guy for a 2nd tier type of player in return.

Or, find the Ravens or Patriots homer in your league...

The Franchise
08-23-2007, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=
Or, find the Ravens or Patriots homer in your league...[/QUOTE]

This works about 75% of the time. That's why my number one rule in FF is not to have a Chief on my team unless it's LJ or Gonzo.

patteeu
08-23-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd keep LT unless you're unhappy with your draft and, for whatever reason, you failed to field a reasonable WR corps. I'd consider a trade like this only if I felt a little desperate to upgrade my WRs.

Ceej
08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
An off topic question, sort of. I checked out pigskinsanity briefly, very briefly.

Does anyone know of any websites with a "cheatsheet" for FF draft day? I'd much rather print out pages then buying a FFL magazine for 6 or 7 bucks.

Also, if I missed a full roster of the NFL on pigskinsanity, my apologies.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 11:44 AM
An off topic question, sort of. I checked out pigskinsanity briefly, very briefly.

Does anyone know of any websites with a "cheatsheet" for FF draft day? I'd much rather print out pages then buying a FFL magazine for 6 or 7 bucks.

Also, if I missed a full roster of the NFL on pigskinsanity, my apologies.

A cheatsheet where you plug in your scoring or just a ranking of players? If you register (all free) you can click on the ARTICLES button and we have a Top 30 per position for redraft leagues and a Top 40 for Dynasty leagues. The dynasty rankings also have rookie and IDP rankings.

Most FF mags are out of date, you have to check when they were published...

www.fantasyfootballhub.com, www.ffbookmarks.com and www.fantasyfootballsearch.com are 3 search engines that can help you find anything you want - free or pay.

The Franchise
08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
www.rotoworld.com has a cheatsheet for $14.99. I used it last year and it's decent I guess. You can input the scoring for your league and it will give you a personalized cheat sheet.

Ceej
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
One more question for you Mile High...

13-14 team keeper league.

Is keeping Brees in the the 7th rd a no-brainer?

Ceej
08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I reg'ed and am ready to go.

I just needed position rankings and a sheet to check on BPA and who had already been taken and whatnot.

It's my 2nd year playing FF. Last year I wasn't prepared AT ALL.

I'm immensely jealous alot of people here have already had their drafts. :( Ours isn't until the 3rd.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
One more question for you Mile High...

13-14 team keeper league.

Is keeping Brees in the the 7th rd a no-brainer?

Brees just cost you a 7th rounder? Yeah, that's well worth it. What are your other options.

The Franchise
08-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I reg'ed and am ready to go.

I just needed position rankings and a sheet to check on BPA and who had already been taken and whatnot.

It's my 2nd year playing FF. Last year I wasn't prepared AT ALL.

I'm immensely jealous alot of people here have already had their drafts. :( Ours isn't until the 3rd.

In my opinion it's much better to have your draft later in the preseason. It allows for injuries and depth chart changes to happen.

Ceej
08-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I've really no idea.

I thought about McGahee. I just don't know how well he'll fit in Baltimore. That's also a pretty tough division. I also have Edge James, but I don't know what round. I'd give you all the details, but as I mentioned I was not prepared at all last year.

I was thinking of keeping Brees in the 7th - for value, and I expect him to produce like last year. I also plan on going RB the first two rounds. Smart? Two guys I'm eyeing are Maroney and Jones-Drew. Marshawn Lynch is also intriguing.

Ceej
08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
In my opinion it's much better to have your draft later in the preseason. It allows for injuries and depth chart changes to happen.

I DEFINITELY agree. But, it's getting to the point where I want to draft right ****ing now. HAHA.

The Franchise
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I DEFINITELY agree. But, it's getting to the point where I want to draft right ****ing now. HAHA.

Oh I can't wait either. Mine is on the 2nd.

stumppy
08-23-2007, 12:24 PM

You know you can go to Yahoo Sports and sign up for a league that is drafting today.

Ceej
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Live drafts and yahoo (other online drafts) aren't the same. Not to me anyway.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
www.fantasyfootballcalculator.com

Great ADP site and you can do mock drafting to get a feel for your draft.