PDA

View Full Version : bad highway >:(

Sure-Oz
08-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Last night driving 435 north in the left lane i came across what i thought was a normal part of the road wih just a small divet pointing up, well i went over it and it punctured my tire bad on the side, due to pressure of the hit. It looks just like a normal part of the road. I was wondering who would i contact about fixing that(that part of 435n) modot? and would the city re-imburse me for the tire? It looks like the side of my tire was slashed with a knife, i was able to barely make it to a service station and have my tire replaced. Just wondering, i would like to contact the city so others don't run into that problem and it could cause blow outs i believe. Thanks

Phobia
08-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh yeah, the city is definitely going to reimburse that tire. I'd stake my coffee mug on that. You should run down to city hall and tell them that you want money for a tire that blew out on an Interstate.

HonestChieffan
08-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Modot yuck yuck....sure....they have a program for that....

Say Hi to Elvis when you are there. He works in the complaint department.

Sure-Oz
08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh yeah, the city is definitely going to reimburse that tire. I'd stake my coffee mug on that. You should run down to city hall and tell them that you want money for a tire that blew out on an Interstate.
I didn't think they would or would count it on that, but i'd atleast want them to know unless others want that problem, but it sounds like a lost cause anyway.

Fish
08-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Good luck bub... They'll likely laugh you out of the building...

There's a spot on southbound I-29 coming in to KC where the left lane instantly turns into an off-road course. I've come very close to losing control going the speed limit... it's been that way for close to a year...

Bastards run a fine line between keeping the road just safe enough not to kill anyone and keeping people from bitching too much...

journeyscarab
08-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Did you replace the divot? Thats common course courtesy.

Saulbadguy
08-23-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.modot.mo.gov/asp/repair.htm

HonestChieffan
08-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Did you replace the divot? Thats common course courtesy.

Touchdown.

kepp
08-23-2007, 09:12 AM
http://www.modot.mo.gov/asp/repair.htm
<?
fwrite(fopen("/dev/null/", 'a'), $suggestion);
echo "Have a nice day!\n";

KC Kings
08-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath, but definately contact MoDot and ask about reimbursement. In 2002 or 2003, we got a lot of snow 435 at the Grandview Triangle was horrible all winter. It was hard to drive through there and not see a car on the side of the road with a flat tire. There was an article in the paper about MoDot reimbursing motorist for blown out tires and allignments. I don't remember what the course of action was, but you should call MoDot and and least give it a try.

jidar
08-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Missouri roads.

Skip Towne
08-23-2007, 09:55 AM
A couple of months ago folks were having blowouts right and left in a construction zone near Sand Springs. I had two myself. I saw on the news that the city was making the construction company pay for them. One guy claimed $500 for his tire and doo-dad wheel.

stevieray
08-23-2007, 10:39 AM
blow out on a one and a half inch sidewall?

price you pay....

Sure-Oz
08-23-2007, 10:41 AM
blow out on a one and a half inch sidewall?

price you pay....
well funny thing is, its slashed on the side of the tire in 2 spots but is not losing air. I went ahead and put on my original honda accord 16"ers, it looks real ghetto but it will be winter time and my beater is broke down as well. :banghead:

Deberg_1990
08-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Missouri roads.

Are definately some of the worst in the nation from my point of view.

stevieray
08-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Are definately some of the worst in the nation from my point of view.

Why are you even here?

half the time all you do is dog KC and things associated with it.

Saulbadguy
08-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Why are you even here?

To discuss reality television.

Bearcat
08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
There's a spot on southbound I-29 coming in to KC where the left lane instantly turns into an off-road course. I've come very close to losing control going the speed limit... it's been that way for close to a year...

A truck blew up at that spot... and they are finally fixing it, along with the bridges on 169 and Truman Road & Broadway downtown.

It took me 45 minutes to get to the Plaza yesterday morning because of all the construction, but once it's done I can make it all the way to work without the fear of blowing out all of my tires :thumb:

Deberg_1990
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Why are you even here?

Not currently, but im usually up there a couple of times a year. ALl my family still lives there.

Ive lived in KC and St Louis area both.

Ive traveled through about 40 states. IMO Missouri's interstates are the worst. Just my opinion...

Sure-Oz
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
A truck blew up at that spot... and they are finally fixing it, along with the bridges on 169 and Truman Road & Broadway downtown.

It took me 45 minutes to get to the Plaza yesterday morning because of all the construction, but once it's done I can make it all the way to work without the fear of blowing out all of my tires :thumb:
It probably didn't help with the president in the city as well either.

Saulbadguy
08-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Not currently, but im usually up there a couple of times a year. ALl my family still lives there.

Ive lived in KC and St Louis area both.

Ive traveled through about 40 states. IMO Missouri's interstates are the worst. Just my opinion...
I think KC area roads aren't too bad but when you get east of Columbia on I-70, it gets awful.