PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football: Who has the best free cheat sheets?

Miles
08-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I need to cram last minute for my draft coming up next week and haven't prepared my own rankings. Does anyone have any suggested free sites with good rankings/cheat sheets?

I have already checked out yahoo, ffltoday and Mile High Mania's site but was looking for some other opinions.

Thanks for any suggestions.

ct
08-23-2007, 12:54 PM
me, I make my own gleaned from free info around the intraweb. :)

good luck

Sure-Oz
08-23-2007, 12:55 PM
yahoo sports top board isnt bad

Tatertot13
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
CBS Sportsline has a lot of good info. Mock drafts, player rankings, injury reports, etc.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 01:08 PM
Search Engine types of resources:

www.ffbookmarks.com
www.ffllinks.com
www.fantasyfootballhub.com
www.fantasyfootballsearch.com

StcChief
08-23-2007, 01:25 PM
fftoolbox is alright www.fftoolbox.com

rad
08-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I just found this this morning. They have a Top 250.....I'm using it for my draft tommorow

http://football.about.com/cs/cheatsheets/a/bl_cheat.htm

CHENZ A!
08-23-2007, 01:53 PM
antsports.com is pretty useful.

KC Kings
08-23-2007, 02:08 PM
I just found this this morning. They have a Top 250.....I'm using it for my draft tommorow

http://football.about.com/cs/cheatsheets/a/bl_cheat.htm

Wow, they have Chiefs D ranked at 28th.

KC Kings
08-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't understand how they get their overall rankings. Look at the top 9 picks with their projected FF points that FFLToolbox recommends.

1 Tomlinson, Ladainian 394
2 Jackson, Steven 321
3 Johnson, Larry 286
4 Gore, Frank 285
5 Addai, Joseph 258
6 Parker, Willie 255
7 Westbrook, Brian 251
8 Alexander, Shaun 221
9 Manning, Peyton 305

So if I have the number 6 pick I should take Willie Parker who missed the first 2 preseason games and 10 days of practice due to an injury, with a new coaching staff that favors a 2-back approach, and just signed Kevan Barlow as the 3rd down RB after Najeh Davenport, over Peyton Manning who is expected to get 50 more fantasy points and has a laser, rocket arm. Why?

EyePod
08-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Wow, they have Chiefs D ranked at 28th.

HAHAHAHA you know, with all these defensive improvements from last year... and having the 16th ranked D... I can definitely see us dropping to 28th!!

And I'm going to trust someone who looks like this....

http://images.about.com/sites/guidepics/profootball.gif

He's even creepier than Tay Zonday, the singer of Chocolate Rain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA).

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM
HUGE TIP

No matter which site you use, please make sure you are looking at the DATES the rankings were published. The good sites should all have their rankings dated. Our rankings were a few weeks ago and will publish new ones this week.

Some sites don't have dates.... some sites use a COMPILED listing of rankings from multiple sites. So, just a little buyer beware.

Otter
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't understand how they get their overall rankings. Look at the top 9 picks with their projected FF points that FFLToolbox recommends.

2 Jackson, Steven 321
3 Johnson, Larry 286
4 Gore, Frank 285
5 Addai, Joseph 258
6 Parker, Willie 255
7 Westbrook, Brian 251
8 Alexander, Shaun 221
9 Manning, Peyton 305

I don't understand why Reggie Bush is rated so low all over the place. It's his second year behind a very good OL, he averaged 3.6 yards per carry when he did play and the guy is built like a cyborg.

He may be a nice steal.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

2 Jackson, Steven 321
3 Johnson, Larry 286
4 Gore, Frank 285
5 Addai, Joseph 258
6 Parker, Willie 255
7 Westbrook, Brian 251
8 Alexander, Shaun 221
9 Manning, Peyton 305

So if I have the number 6 pick I should take Willie Parker who missed the first 2 preseason games and 10 days of practice due to an injury, with a new coaching staff that favors a 2-back approach, and just signed Kevan Barlow as the 3rd down RB after Najeh Davenport, over Peyton Manning who is expected to get 50 more fantasy points and has a laser, rocket arm. Why?

Here's my deal on Peyton. I can't speak for FFToolbox, I don't know what method is behind their madness.

I am not a fan of any team taking Peyton in R1 of any semi-normal league. There is a cost in value at RB from R1 to R2, depending on where you pick - esp 6th.

Outside of the 2004 season, I dare say that not many teams drafting Manning in R1 won their leagues without a lot of help via trades, waiver wire or other.

I think you can wait until R3 and go with Brees, Palmer, Bulger or Brady and be better off by going RB/RB or RB/WR in Rounds 1 or 2.

Just my $.02 ... but, I think you cost yourself too much value at RB by taking Peyton in R1. That is unless you're playing in a league of spares.

The Franchise
08-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't understand why Reggie Bush is rated so low all over the place. It's his second year behind a very good OL, he averaged 3.6 yards per carry when he did play and the guy is built like a cyborg.
He may be a nice steal.

He has metal legs?

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 02:31 PM

He may be a nice steal.

Reggie Bush is not a real threat to rush for 1,000+ yards and 12 TDs with Deuce and unless you are in a PPR league... Bush is low value. Most rankings on these sites are non-PPR.

kc1977
08-23-2007, 02:46 PM

He may be a nice steal.

I just refuse to spend a high draft pick on a guy who likely will be sharing playing time on any given week. Barring an injury to Deuce, it's unpredictable which weeks he may see more or less of the load. If I take a first round RB, I'm looking for a consistent 20+ touches, and a consistent 15+ touches for a second round RB.

Who cares how good and explosive he is if it's a crapshoot whether 1) he will lose playing time in any given week and 2) whether, because of this, I've decided to put him on my bench because I can't risk a 2, and then he gets multiple TDs, etc.

Not worth the headache.

That simple.

allen_kcCard
08-23-2007, 02:58 PM

2 Jackson, Steven 321
3 Johnson, Larry 286
4 Gore, Frank 285
5 Addai, Joseph 258
6 Parker, Willie 255
7 Westbrook, Brian 251
8 Alexander, Shaun 221
9 Manning, Peyton 305

To me, it is because of the value of the position player in comparison to other players of the position. Sure, Peyton will probably generate more points than him straight up, but you have to look at how many more points he would gerneate above another QB as compared to Parker versus another RB. The disparity falls much more sharply in RBs than in QBs.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
To me, it is because of the value of the position player in comparison to other players of the position. Sure, Peyton will probably generate more points than him straight up, but you have to look at how many more points he would gerneate above another QB as compared to Parker versus another RB. The disparity falls much more sharply in RBs than in QBs.

B-I-NGO...

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 03:40 PM
If you're a member of FFToday you need to click on my fftoday and it has a free feature where you can input all of your league's scoring and it will generate cheat sheets for you in a matter of minutes based on your paticular scoring.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 03:59 PM
If you're a member of FFToday you need to click on my fftoday and it has a free feature where you can input all of your league's scoring and it will generate cheat sheets for you in a matter of minutes based on your paticular scoring.

Yeah, there are a lot of those out there... you're basically trusting their prognostications and forecasts based on your scoring. Some are better than others, but it's never a bad thing to dig around the site and find out what they're all about before you entrust your draft on the advice. Same is said for our site.

Just use everything you find as a "guide"... Fantasy Football is not an exact science by any means.

The Bad Guy
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm in an e-mail draft right now.

8th round, 2nd overall. I'm looking at TEs.

Vernon Davis or K2?

I'm leaning toward Davis, but would like some insight.

My team so far in the 12-teamer:

QB- McNabb, RB- Parker, Brandon Jacobs, Thomas Jones, WR- Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Def- Bears (it's a weighted defensive scoring system).

Skyy God
08-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm in an e-mail draft right now.

8th round, 2nd overall. I'm looking at TEs.

Vernon Davis or K2?

I'm leaning toward Davis, but would like some insight.

My team so far in the 12-teamer:

QB- McNabb, RB- Parker, Brandon Jacobs, Thomas Jones, WR- Marvin Harrison, Calvin Johnson, Def- Bears (it's a weighted defensive scoring system).

Davis. The "Soldier" is coming off microfracture surgery.

Who'd you pick?

The Bad Guy
08-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Davis. The "Soldier" is coming off microfracture surgery.

Who'd you pick?

I must have missed it, but Davis was picked 5 spots before.

So I'm going with the Solja.

Mr. Plow
08-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm getting ready to start a draft. I'm actually drafting my team and my dad's. I've got the #1 pick, he's #11 (12 teams).

So should I take Samie Parker or Michael Bennett at #1?

rad
08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm getting ready to start a draft. I'm actually drafting my team and my dad's. I've got the #1 pick, he's #11 (12 teams).

Take Rod Gardner. He's gonna blow up this year.

Sam Hall
08-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I'd also get something that talks about strength of schedule. Some elite players face what should be soft schedules this year, like the guys on the Cardinals offense.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I'd also get something that talks about strength of schedule. Some elite players face what should be soft schedules this year, like the guys on the Cardinals offense.

We have 4 Degree of Difficulty grids... one for overall offense vs defense, then 3 others focused QB / RB / WR. Shows bye weeks, etc. Again, just use it as a guide. I think we have some interesting stuff in the ARTICLES section.

The Franchise
08-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Bobbie Sippio FTW!

Mr. Plow
08-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Here are my picks thus far:

1. RB - Tomlinson
2. QB - Hasselback
3. RB - E. James
4. WR - Javon Walker
5. WR - Randy Moss (felt this one was a reach, but who knows)
6. WR - Calvin Johnson (not quite sure - but I'm not playing for money)
7. RB - Ronnie Brown

Now that I look at it, I'm not sure why I drafted 3 WR in a row.

My dad's team.....

1. RB - Frank Gore
2. RB - Joseph Addai
3. QB - Phillip Rivers
4. WR - Larry Fitzgerald
5. WR - Darrell Jackson
6. TE - Tony Gonzalez

Splat420
08-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Here are my picks thus far:

1. RB - Tomlinson
2. QB - Hasselback
3. RB - E. James
4. WR - Javon Walker
5. WR - Randy Moss (felt this one was a reach, but who knows)
6. WR - Calvin Johnson (not quite sure - but I'm not playing for money)
7. RB - Ronnie Brown

Now that I look at it, I'm not sure why I drafted 3 WR in a row.

My dad's team.....

1. RB - Frank Gore
2. RB - Joseph Addai
3. QB - Phillip Rivers
4. WR - Larry Fitzgerald
5. WR - Darrell Jackson
6. TE - Tony Gonzalez

Your going to get owned!

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Ronnie Brown in the 7th round... who is in this league?

Mr. Plow
08-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Your going to get owned!

Most likely. But this isn't my money league. This is my dad's office FF league....they were short players, so they called me today and asked if I wanted to play.

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of those out there... you're basically trusting their prognostications and forecasts based on your scoring. Some are better than others, but it's never a bad thing to dig around the site and find out what they're all about before you entrust your draft on the advice. Same is said for our site.

Just use everything you find as a "guide"... Fantasy Football is not an exact science by any means.

I don't ever use anyone's cheat sheets exclusively and no offense meant but those sites to me are just that ,a guide,I think anyone who knows football could put out a fantasy mag or run a site because when it's all said and done it's just another fan's opinion.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't ever use anyone's cheat sheets exclusively and no offense meant but those sites to me are just that ,a guide,I think anyone who knows football could put out a fantasy mag or run a site because when it's all said and done it's just another fan's opinion.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all, which is why I like the community of folks we've built up over the years... lots of great insights on questions, etc.

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't disagree with that at all, which is why I like the community of folks we've built up over the years... lots of great insights on questions, etc.

Well you just added another,I'm officially a member

Ya pimp :Pimp:

Ebolapox
08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Take Rod Gardner. He's gonna blow up this year.

he's in that thar al kida?

Mile High Mania
08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Well you just added another,I'm officially a member

Ya pimp :Pimp:

Your official welcome package will arrive soon.
:clap:

You'll notice some familiar names over there... Hope you like it, tell me if something drives you nuts. Enjoy!

Miles
08-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions.