View Full Version : The one Golden Rule of the '07 Chiefs season

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't care if Vegas puts an over/under line out of 31

TAKE THE UNDER!!

Simplex3
08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Man, this team SUCKS.

I don't know who it was on here that was saying it, but the offensive and defensive philosophies just do NOT mesh. A field position offense with a bend-don't-break defense is looking more retarded by the week.

KurtCobain
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I bet we make the playoffs. Honestly.

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
You know what, Joe? I'm still saying we finish between 7-9 and 9-7.

IF the young players achieve to potential....AND we avoid the injury bug, 10 wins is still possible.

This is the damn preseason; we haven't looked good, but I still think there is too much talent to be "bad."

Croyle will endure some growing pains; I say, make it THIS year. If he totally blows it....we can look elsewhere for our QBoTF too.

In a "rebuild" year, you can't expect much more IMHO.

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 08:49 PM

IF the young players achieve to potential....AND we avoid the injury bug, 10 wins is still possible.

This is the damn preseason; we haven't looked good, but I still think there is too much talent to be "bad."

Croyle will endure some growing pains; I say, make it THIS year. If he totally blows it....we can look elsewhere for our QBoTF too.

In a "rebuild" year, you can't expect much more IMHO.

I'll stick with 6-10 with alot of 13-10 type games which will be all good on those Vegas over/unders.

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll stick with 6-10 with alot of 13-10 type games which will be all good on those Vegas over/unders.

I agree about the low-scoring games; I just think, with Arrowhead....and REAL games on the line....we will win 5 or 6 at home; and sneak in a Raider game and someone else on the road.

:D

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I agree about the low-scoring games; I just think, with Arrowhead....and REAL games on the line....we will win 5 or 6 at home; and sneak in a Raider game and someone else on the road.

:D

Hopefully Houston,that would make for a great finale to bash weekend.

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Hopefully Houston,that would make for a great finale to bash weekend.

Agreed.

AND if we eek out a Houston win, and are 2-1 AFTER the Viqueens game at Arrowhead....we just may turn the corner sooner than the Chicken Littles around here think.

:hmmm:

Nzoner
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Agreed.

AND if we eek out a Houston win, and are 2-1 AFTER the Viqueens game at Arrowhead....we just may turn the corner sooner than the Chicken Littles around here think.

Easy now,1 week at a time.....

Logical
08-23-2007, 09:26 PM

TAKE THE UNDER!!

ROFLROFLROFL So true, so f*cking true.

Logical
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Agreed.

Shut the F*ck up biatch and get on my express train to the division title, hey you can drive the train.

http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=168386

KCChiefsMan
08-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I hope a lot of you eat crow. Fans always smash the panic button as hard as they can during pre-season. When was the last time we had a good pre-season?

TEX
08-23-2007, 11:22 PM

I bet we're on the losing end of most 13-10 games Because Medlock $ucks.

Nzoner
08-24-2007, 08:57 AM
I hope a lot of you eat crow. Fans always smash the panic button as hard as they can during pre-season. When was the last time we had a good pre-season?

Dude my topic in no way reflected I was in a panic mode,I rather enjoy low scoring defensive games myself,especially if I'm winning money on them.

Chief Henry
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Easy now,1 week at a time.....

I'm not near as optimistic as Kotter thats for sure.

I think we'll only be to stand one game at a time. One of the reasons
I say this is based on last seasons play off debackle at Indy.
We made no adjustments offensivley while our offensive line
is a long way being average at best.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-24-2007, 10:22 AM

TAKE THE UNDER!!

A little birdie told me that Paul Hackett agrees.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:51 AM

In a "rebuild" year, you can't expect much more IMHO.I am thinking this season is going to be like 05. Suck early and often, then once the last nail is lined up in the coffin, we will get on a roll and play ourselves out of prime draft position. A fire Solari.com website will be created, Jesus Saunders will be returned to OC and no meaningful changes will be made to the Offense in the offseason as Carl Drafts CB's to replace Ty Law and Pat Surtain.

On to '08.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I bet we're on the losing end of most 13-10 games Because Medlock $ucks.Yes, in order to play Hermieball, one must have a Kicker that is 95% accurate inside the 45 yard range, and 80% accurate between 45-50 and fully capable of nailing 2/3rds of his kicks inside of 55 yards.

That way, more drives would end successfully, according to Herm that is.

tiptap
08-24-2007, 11:58 AM
So what did I see? The defense is fast enough to be good but not good enough to be dominant. The offense will always start slow and come on late but only if some possession receptions are made. So the recipe is that we will always be looking to the second half to take the game. What we have seen so far in preseason is first half nature. To see the turn around in the second half will require seeing better play in at least one of the offensive tackle positions and it doesn't have to be the same tackle each week but we have to have some expectation whether the RT or LT is going to need the help.