PDA

View Full Version : The Solari Offense....

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Youa re seeing it tonight. You can cry preseason, no LJ, bad OL anything you want but you know our O looks just like it did all of last season.

We can't go down field. We can't open any holes. We will throw the 1 yard out multiple times a game.

Solari will live and die by the screen pass to LJ this year and hope LJ breaks it.

Seriously can you actually sit there and tell yourself we look any different in preseason than we did last season all year?

Croyle has a gun and will make some plays. Other than that I think Solari is in over his head personally.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Are you kidding me? The playcalling has been much different this preseason. We're throwing the ball more than we run it, by far. It won't be this way during the regular season.

KurtCobain
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I've never liked Solari. He's basically Herm's puppet. Don't forget our mastermind coach doesn't think you need to score to win, even though he PLAYS TO WIN THE GAME.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Are you kidding me? The playcalling has been much different this preseason. We're throwing the ball more than we run it, by far. It won't be this way during the regular season.

Right..all the sudden our OL who couldn't block the Browns, Fins or Saints will start blocking the crap out of the Bears and Broncos and Chargers.....

Our QB is getting molested, our RB's have no holes....seems to be what we saw all year last year.

So we are throwing more....big deal same thing...no blocking, no blocking and no real pass plays worth a f*ck

Brock
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
At this point, the offensive line is as bad or worse than it was last year, so I'm not sure what you expect.

Reerun_KC
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
This offense looks the same as the Jets offense during Herm tenure...

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Funny every team we have played from starters to scrubs has been able to do what we can't....and people will still sit here and chalk it up to preaseaon!!

Mark M
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
You know, occasionally, I let my three-year old son pick either a run or a pass when I play Madden. Not the specific play, but just the general one on first and second—and sometimes third—down.

Solari calls his offense the same way.

MM
~~:banghead:

EDIT: This is to say that I really don't put much thought into it and just do it for fun. Kind of detached, actually. That seems to be Solari's system.

the Talking Can
08-23-2007, 08:43 PM
At this point, the offensive line is as bad or worse than it was last year, so I'm not sure what you expect.

it is arguably worse

royr17
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
As much as I hate to say it, but Jordan Black looks like a GOD compared to Will Svitek

Mark M
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM

Well, losing two future HOFers certainly doesn't help. :)

But even after losing just one there was no imagination, no creativity, no ... well ...

Here's the deal. I don't expect the Saunders throw-it-ten-time-in-a-row offense. I realize we're getting away from that style and I'm okay with it.

But it's like he just repeats the same thing over and over and over anyway. No real rythym (sp?) or method to the madness.

Wish I could explain it better.

MM
~~:shurg: :hmmm:

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Marty had better offenses than this!!!!

DTLB58
08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Youa re seeing it tonight. You can cry preseason, no LJ, bad OL anything you want but you know our O looks just like it did all of last season.

We can't go down field. We can't open any holes. We will throw the 1 yard out multiple times a game.

Solari will live and die by the screen pass to LJ this year and hope LJ breaks it.

Seriously can you actually sit there and tell yourself we look any different in preseason than we did last season all year?

Croyle has a gun and will make some plays. Other than that I think Solari is in over his head personally.

I couldn't agree more.

I was just telling my son who isn't seeing the game tonight the same thing.

bobbything
08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Rip on Solari all you want. Bottom line is that there is ZERO (that the number ø, z-e-r-o) blocking up front. None.

If you can't block, there's not much that can be done from a play-calling standpoint.

DaWolf
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Rip on Solari all you want. Bottom line is that there is ZERO (that the number ø, z-e-r-o) blocking up front. None.

If you can't block, there's not much that can be done from a play-calling standpoint.
Can I rip the OL coach then? How bout we demote Solari back downstairs where he is good?

bobbything
I don't expect the Saunders throw-it-ten-time-in-a-row offense.
We ran the ball more often than we passed it under Saunders.

The coordinator isn't necessarily the problem. Saunders wouldn't be doing a hell of a lot better with the atrocious tackles we have.

petegz28

Whose job is it to get the Offense ready to play?

Why is it other teams who are lacking in talent like we are can block and we can't?

Probably cause you have an Offensive Coordinator who is so worried about having his own shit together he can't coach his offense properly???

Mark M
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM

WARNING: BATSHIT STUPID PAINKILLER-INDUCED IDEA AHEAD!

Then wouldn't a mobile QB be a better choice?

MM
~~:evil:

(I haven't been around much lately, but I'm sure the "Printers = Teh Gawd!!!elven!!!!111" thread is around somewhere. If you know the link, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.)

PastorMikH
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM

As OC, and a former OL coach, isn't it his job to make sure his OL knows how to block?

As for playcalling, it would be more imaginative if we could put every play on a slip of paper, dropped all of them in a hat, and pulled one out one play at a time.

I love the way Bowe gets WIDE open, catches the ball, takes 3 tacklers to take him down and he never gets another throw his way the rest of the night. But yet, Sammie - stone hands - Parker keeps getting them thrown his way and I think he has 1 catch on the night.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM

The coordinator isn't necessarily the problem. Saunders wouldn't be doing a hell of a lot better with the atrocious tackles we have.

I call BS. Saunders knew how to work a defense. He knew how to set a team up. Sometimes he got too creative but he knew his playbook like the back of his hand so his focus was working the other team.

Solari is still trying to learn Saunder's playbook if you ask me.

bobbything
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Whose job is it to get the Offense ready to play?

Why is it other teams who are lacking in talent like we are can block and we can't?

Probably cause you have an Offensive Coordinator who is so worried about having his own shit together he can't coach his offense properly???
That's nonsense.

I hate to break it to you, but if you don't have good players in "the trenches," you're not gonna have a good line. There is no smoke and mirrors down there. There are no teams in this league that are "lacking in talent" and can still block.

You're misinformed.

doomy3
08-23-2007, 08:56 PM
How about we blame it on the fact that we thought Shields, Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, were all indestructable and would play forever so we haven't drafted an OL on the first day in ages. We have crap talent on the line. Bottom Line. Doesn't matter how much they get coached, Svitek is awful and is a converted DT, and Turley couldn't find a job, and he is our best tackle.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
That's nonsense.

I hate to break it to you, but if you don't have good players in "the trenches," you're not gonna have a good line. There is no smoke and mirrors down there. There are no teams in this league that are "lacking in talent" and can still block.

You're misinformed.

Yes I am so misinformed.....meanwhile the you want to say the guy who runs the O isn't repsonisble for teaching the O how to block?

News for you Professor...the Browns and Fins don't have great talent on I and they both worked us....now look what a above average O is doing to us from startes to scrubs????

bobbything
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
How about we blame it on the fact that we thought Shields, Roaf, Waters, Weigmann, were all indestructable and would play forever so we haven't drafted an OL on the first day in ages. We have crap talent on the line. Bottom Line. Doesn't matter how much they get coached, Svitek is awful and is a converted DT, and Turley couldn't find a job, and he is our best tackle.
Yes. No talent=no blocking. No matter how it's "coached."

Mark M
08-23-2007, 08:58 PM
... I love the way Bowe gets WIDE open, catches the ball, takes 3 tacklers to take him down and he never gets another throw his way the rest of the night. But yet, Sammie - stone hands - Parker keeps getting them thrown his way and I think he has 1 catch on the night.

Good to know it's not just me ...

:Pimp:

Also, I should note I am not in any kind of panic mode. In fact, I hope to all that is holy that we suck this year because we need a few high picks to get this team back in shape (OL and CB would be ideal).

Combine that with a Saints offense that kicks a whole lot of ass (making ours look like ass), and I'm not all that concerned, to be honest.

I just think Solari needs to go after this season, or go back to teaching the guys in the trenches. He's not that good at calling a game, no matter the talent (the o-line wasn't that bad last year).

MM
~~:arrow:

petegz28
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes. No talent=no blocking. No matter how it's "coached."

Meanwhile every other suck ass O in the league manages to get taught how to block...... :rolleyes:

PastorMikH
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Also, I should note I am not in any in panic mode. In fact, I hope to all that is holy we suck this year because we need a few high picks to get this team back in shape (OL and CB would be ideal). Combine that with a Saints offense that kicks a whole lot of ass, and I'm not all that concerned to be honest. I just think Solari needs to go after this season, or go back to teaching the guys in the trenches.

MM

I'm not in panic mode either, but right now I'd rather have Hacket or Jimmie Raye as OC over Solari.

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Also, I should note I am not in any in panic mode. In fact, I hope to all that is holy we suck this year because we need a few high picks to get this team back in shape (OL and CB would be ideal). Combine that with a Saints offense that kicks a whole lot of ass, and I'm not all that concerned to be honest. I just think Solari needs to go after this season, or go back to teaching the guys in the trenches.

MM

Problem is, that wouldn't work under Herm, in terms of the Saints offense style, at least IMHO.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm not in panic mode either, but right now I'd rather have Hacket or Jimmie Raye as OC over Solari.

Whoa ... back off the holy water, pastor.

MM
~~:shake: :D

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes I am so misinformed.....meanwhile the you want to say the guy who runs the O isn't repsonisble for teaching the O how to block?

News for you Professor...the Browns and Fins don't have great talent on I and they both worked us....now look what a above average O is doing to us from startes to scrubs????

LOL. You are a moron. So now the Browns and Fins "worked us"

I don't think 11-10 is exactly an asswhooping. I would say we have comparable talent on the line to the Phins, which isn't exactly saying much. And Trent and Co. didn't exactly put on a clinic for us.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Herm didn't say we need to simplify the defense just for the sake of the players trust me....Solari is trying to be Saunders and at the same time figure out what the down and distance is

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Problem is, that wouldn't work under Herm, in terms of the Saints offense style, at least IMHO.

I need to edit my post -- my point was that, in comparison, our offense looks like shit.

Been a long day, I've got new pain meds and am a bit spaced out, and ... um ... what was iutakejhtkajwerkalwerjaewrjrej

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Herm didn't say we need to simplify the defense just for the sake of the players trust me....Solari is trying to be Saunders and at the same time figure out what the down and distance is

What exactly do Solari have to do with simplifying the defense?

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I need to edit my post -- my point was that, in comparison, our offense looks like shit.

Been a long day, I've got new pain meds and am a bit spaced out, and ... um ... what was iutakejhtkajwerkalwerjaewrjrej

No argument from me that our offense looks like shit. I can relate to the long day thing. Seeing this Mickey Mouse shit on TV sure didn't improve my mood.

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Meanwhile every other suck ass O in the league manages to get taught how to block...... :rolleyes:
There is no truth to this.

I feel like I'm arguing with a 12 year old...

Our tackles are terrible. There is no way around it. You can only coach an average player up so far on the o-line. Especially on the ends. If you don't have it, you just don't.

Bottom line is that when we had a "great" line, we had a HOF'er and John Tait. Now we don't have them.

Funny how our line is now below average.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:07 PM
What exactly do Solari have to do with simplifying the defense?

Solari is trying to be Saunders and is confusing his own self. Look when a guy loses track of down and distance during a game, especially in the scoring zone there are problems. He doesn't know it well enough to teach it. He just learned it himself and I gaurantee he fights with himself more on what plays he has to call as opposed to what play to call.

On other words the dude don't know the flipping offensive system he is trying to implement.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:07 PM
There is no truth to this.

I feel like I'm arguing with a 12 year old...

Our tackles are terrible. There is no way around it. You can only coach an average player up so far on the o-line. Especially on the ends. If you don't have it, you just don't.

Bottom line is that when we had a "great" line, we had a HOF'er and John Tait. Now we don't have them.

Funny how our line is now below average.

Yeah I know Cleveland is just a stellar O aren't they? And Miami wow...offensive power house there!

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Solari is trying to be Saunders and is confusing his own self. Look when a guy loses track of down and distance during a game, especially in the scoring zone there are problems. He doesn't know it well enough to teach it. He just learned it himself and I gaurantee he fights with himself more on what plays he has to call as opposed to what play to call.

On other words the dude don't know the flipping offensive system he is trying to implement.

I think you are trying to be someone who knows something about football and are confusing your own self. Solari has absolutely NOTHING to do with the defense.

Your Royals threads are BRUTAL, but your Chiefs threads might just be worse.

bobbything

He'd look like a genius if he had the 2003 team. I guarantee it.

Talent is what wins.

Pitt Gorilla
I'm no fan of Solari (at all), but there's not much you can do when the receivers refuse to catch the ball and the line can't block.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:10 PM
No argument from me that our offense looks like shit. I can relate to the long day thing. Seeing this Mickey Mouse shit on TV sure didn't improve my mood.

You know helps?

Singing the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxL1uXwSrdU">theme song</a> to the Mad TV sketch "Lowered Expectations."

MM
~~:)

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah I know Cleveland is just a stellar O aren't they? And Miami wow...offensive power house there!
What does that have to do with OUR offensive line? It says infinately more about OUR DEFENSE than our offense.

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Yea, and those offensive powerhouses put up a whopping 16 and 11 points against us. Their offenses are probably equally as bad as ours. WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TALENT ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.

the Talking Can
08-23-2007, 09:15 PM
our OL can't execute basic run plays or provide any pass protection....even against the Saint's second team...

I've seen nothing to suggest that this OL is better than last year, and much to suggest that it may actually be worse.

McIntosh better be for real.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:16 PM
What does that have to do with OUR offensive line? It says infinately more about OUR DEFENSE than our offense.

Oh I don't know the fact those suck asses could half ass block and we can't?

Nevermind, you are sold that these guys who are good enough to start in the NFL can't even block half assed.

Nothing to do with the fact that you hav a band-aid OC that is still learning the O he is trying to coach.

Pitt Gorilla
08-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Give Eck the ball!

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Nevermind, you are sold that these guys who are good enough to start in the NFL can't even block half assed.

Nothing to do with the fact that you hav a band-aid OC that is still learning the O he is trying to coach.

I haven't heard one person argue that those guys are good enough to start in the NFL. And there lies the problem...

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
He'd look like a genius if he had the 2003 team. I guarantee it.

Hell, my kid would do well with that team.

:)

But if that's what Solari needs to be a successful coordinator, then the Chiefs are hosed.

This team is rebuilding, even though not a single person at One Arrowhead Drive wants to admit it. And having a young o-line, and young receivers, and a young QB, with an offensive coordinator who seems lost in his playcalling isn't what the team needs.

Again, I'm not ripping the guy for Brody running around trying not to get killed -- there's a massive lack of talent.

But in that case what this team needs is an innovative, experienced coordinator with a proven track record of developing not just one part of the offense, but the entire offense.

Solari was a kick ass o-line coach, which makes the up-front problems so frustrating. He just seems way over his head as the head of the whole ball of wax, much like Gun seemed as head coach.

Of course, that's just my very long winded opinion ...

or is that long fingered opinion?

MM
~~:shrug: :D

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
our OL can't execute basic run plays or provide any pass protection....even against the Saint's second team...

I've seen nothing to suggest that this OL is better than last year, and much to suggest that it may actually be worse.

McIntosh better be for real.

WTF is Solari going to do when teams stack 9 in the box on us? LJ up the middle for none yards.

Think he would ever do anything to stretch them besides the 1 yard quick out?

We need an OC that Herm trusts to let him run whatever O the guy wants...kind of like what Marty did with Hackett.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:20 PM
We need an OC that Herm trusts to let him run whatever O the guy wants...kind of like what Marty did with Hackett.

That's some sort of joke, right?

Seriously ... tell me you're kidding.

MM
~~:eek:

petegz28
I haven't heard one person argue that those guys are good enough to start in the NFL. And there lies the problem...

Weigman and Waters aren't good enough? I guess you are giving them apass with the lack of holes in the middle? Or the constant bum rush we get up the middle?

bobbything

Holy crap. You're making me teh stupidness in my brains.

I can't even argue with you anymore.

Ebolapox
methinks you guys missed the whole point of this thread...

thread starter: The solari offense

chiefsplanet poster: 'WHAT OFFENSE?'

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
WTF is Solari going to do when teams stack 9 in the box on us? LJ up the middle for none yards.

OK, now this is just getting out of hand

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Holy crap. You're making me teh stupidness in my brains.

I can't even argue with you anymore.

Then stop and go drool over your boy Solari

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:22 PM
This team is rebuilding, even though not a single person at One Arrowhead Drive wants to admit it. And having a young o-line, and young receivers, and a young QB, with an offensive coordinator who seems lost in his playcalling isn't what the team needs.
We don't have a young line.

the Talking Can
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM

I don't give a **** about solari or whatever blood soaked hissy fit you're having.

I haven't seen anyone on our OL who can even get off the line of scrimmage.

petegz28
OK, now this is just getting out of hand

Yeah I know you want to act like Solari has nothing to do with a suck ass offense.

I guess that mad scientist type play calling last year just slips my mind.

doomy3
I've never used the ignore function, but this might be a good time to start.

Although there is usually good comedic value in your threads.

bobbything
Then stop and go drool over your boy Solari
I'm no Solari homer. I don't think promoting a LINE coach to OC is the right thing to do. But, the coordinator is only 1% of the problem.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't give a **** about solari or whatever blood soaked hissy fit you're having.

blood soaked hissy fit?

Dude you need some mental help

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah I know you want to act like Solari has nothing to do with a suck ass offense.

I guess that mad scientist type play calling last year just slips my mind.

Are you seriously trying to argue that we should bring someone like Hackett back?????????

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Yes.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Are you seriously trying to argue that we should bring someone like Hackett back?????????

For the offensive talent we have yes. A West Coast style offense fits this team better than some psuedo-air saunders\smashmouth bullshit Solari is trying to pull out of his ass.

Hackett's system got us closer to the SB than any of them.

And with what Herm wants, strong D and ball control O that's what you run. Or has all the success an average Q like McNabb had not register to you?

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM
We don't have a young line.

Within a year or two we will for three-fifths of them (Waters and McIntosh being the exceptions, and they're not exactly spring chickens either).

To his credit, Herm has made the team younger real, real fast. And I still think we need an OC who has proven himself capable of working with young talent, rather than a guy trying to learn.

Although, as I type this, there could be something said about all of them learning together. Just not sure what I think about that.

MM
~~:hmmm:

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM

Yep. A QB is gonna SUCK, if the O-LINE CANNOT GIVE THE QB MORE THAN 3 F**KING SECONDS TO THROW THE GODDAMN FOOTBALL!

Even if the Chiefs put Peyton "Rump Ranger" Manning back there with this O-Line, he's gonna get F**KING CREAMED every F**KING SNAP!

PastorMikH
08-23-2007, 09:29 PM
What I see is Solari gets into a lot of short yardage stuff, takes it one play at a time, and doesn't use plays to open up other plays. Things like, use the run to open up the pass, passing to open up the run, throwing deep to stretch the field, down and outs to open up the middle and so on.

That's one of the things that Saunders is so good at. He will call a play knowing it won't go anywhere, but it sets up a big play that's coming up.

Solari on the other hand is sitting there like a kid playing madden for the first time, "wonder what this play will do", "nope, maybe this one will do something", "Oops, OK, let's see.... shoot, times running out quick get a play called... uh oh, what was the play I called again?", "Oh well, time to punt."

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:29 PM
With a HOF quarterback, HOF running back, and a defense that was ranked #1 in the league.

You are out of your element Donny.

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:30 PM
For the offensive talent we have yes. A West Coast style offense fits this team better than some psuedo-air saunders\smashmouth bullshit Solari is trying to pull out of his ass.

And with what Herm wants, strong D and ball control O that's what you run. Or has all the success an average Q like McNabb had not register to you?

OK, so now McNabb is an average QB. WTF does he have to do with this anyway?

Mark M
But, the coordinator is only 1% of the problem.

Eh ... I'd put it more at around 40/60, OC/talent.

MM
~~:shrug:

petegz28
Yep. A QB is gonna SUCK, if the O-LINE CANNOT GIVE THE QB MORE THAN 3 F**KING SECONDS TO THROW THE GODDAMN FOOTBALL!

Even if the Chiefs put Peyton "Rump Ranger" Manning back there with this O-Line, he's gonna get F**KING CREAMED every F**KING SNAP!

It would help if the OC would run a system the less talented guys could adapt to easier. Or was I imaginaing things when Vermeil kept saying ove rand over the pass blocking was the hardest part of that scheme?

If Solari don't know the system inside and out like the back of his hand he is going to have a really hard time teaching someone how to play it. Especially if they are average at best as it is.

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Within a year or two we will for three-fifths of them (Waters and McIntosh being the exceptions, and they're not exactly spring chickens either).

To his credit, Herm has made the team younger real, real fast. And I still think we need an OC who has proven himself capable of working with young talent, rather than a guy trying to learn.

Although, as I type this, there could be something said about all of them learning together. Just not sure what I think about that.

MM
I would agree with this. But, I'm a firm believer that if you have the line (young or old) then you have an offense.

I love Trent Green and Priest Holmes, but I only can imagine how they would have done behind the 5 we have now.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
OK, so now McNabb is an average QB. WTF does he have to do with this anyway?

Yes as far as passing goes he is average. Do you just run at your mouth or do you pay any attention to the shit you spout off?

I just gave you a prime, class f*cking A example of how even in today's football a West Coast system, i.e. Paul Hackett can make an average passer with an average lin on a team geared for defense more effective.

Maybe you should run you mouth a little less if you can't keep up with your own crap?

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM

Oh my ...

I think you need to step away from the keyboard, take a few deep breaths, realize it's just preseason or, better yet, just a football game.

I say that because, while I would like to see Solari replaced, it takes a special kind of stupid to hold up Paul Hackett as an example of effective offensive playcalling.

MM
~~:shake:

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh my ...

I think you need to step away from the keyboard, take a few deep breaths, realize it's just preseason or, better yet, just a football game.

I say that because, while I would like to see Solari replaced, it takes a special kind of stupid to hold up Paul Hackett as an example of effective offensive playcalling.

MM

I don't seem to remember anyone chastising him as he was our OC when we beat Denver in Denver for the first time in 12 years. When he took us further in the playoffs than any other OC we have had sine we won the SB.

You guys can all bag on Hackett but he had a system, he knew it and he implemented it and he did it with a bunch of BS receivers and a RB that was supposed to be a 3rd down back.

My point was Hackett had Marty's trust. Marty who just like Herm wanted the ball ran all the time and win with defense.

We need the same situation.

Now if those challenged with reading comprehension don't get that than too flipping bad.

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes as far as passing goes he is average. Do you just run at your mouth or do you pay any attention to the shit you spout off?

I just gave you a prime, class f*cking A example of how even in today's football a West Coast system, i.e. Paul Hackett can make an average passer with an average lin on a team geared for defense more effective.

Maybe you should run you mouth a little less if you can't keep up with your own crap?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You are such a f*cking dipshit

If anyone should stay away from telling others to run their mouth a little less, you would have to be at the top of the list.

In your class f*cking A example, the Eagles are infinitely more talented on offense than we are.

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
It would help if the OC would run a system the less talented guys could adapt to easier. Or was I imaginaing things when Vermeil kept saying ove rand over the pass blocking was the hardest part of that scheme?

If Solari don't know the system inside and out like the back of his hand he is going to have a really hard time teaching someone how to play it. Especially if they are average at best as it is.

Well, it's not too hard to not know what the hell of a system the Chiefs are trying to run if Herm is keeping it locked down, at all costs.

He's Marty 2.0, only worse.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

You are such a f*cking dipshit

If anyone should stay away from telling others to run their mouth a little less, you would have to be at the top of the list.

In your class f*cking A example, the Eagles are infinitely more talented on offense than we are.

Ok noob you have fun wih your name calling and smileys but I think you are up past your bed time.

No shit they are more talented you dumb f*ck. If you actually used that sloshy thing between your ears I was telling your moronic self how a wet coast offense better fits what we are trying to do with the offensive talent we have.

Now go to bed noob bitch.

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM

I wish I was dead.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I would agree with this. But, I'm a firm believer that if you have the line (young or old) then you have an offense.

Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, and as someone else pointed out earlier, the Chiefs haven't drafted a decent o-lineman since ... well, Will Shields.

Waters was a d-lineman, IIRC, and he was a disaster at center. It took him some time to get into a groove at guard.

That's probably why they got Svitek -- an athletic, smart guy whould they could convert to the OL. Sadly, LT takes more technique than LG and he's getting schooled. RG would be a better choice for him in the long run (and, again IIRC, that's where they talked about putting him, wasn't it?).

They do have some guy out of TCU that was supposedly great in college. Haven't heard a word about him, although I haven't paid that much attention for him.

I love Trent Green and Priest Holmes, but I only can imagine how they would have done behind the 5 we have now.

Well, we saw what happened with Trent with this line + Will Shields and - Svitek last year ...

MM
~~:(

petegz28
Well, it's not too hard to not know what the hell of a system the Chiefs are trying to run if Herm is keeping it locked down, at all costs.

He's Marty 2.0, only worse.

OMG am I taking crazy pills? Isn't that why I said Herm needs to get someone in here that he trusts to run whatever offense the OC wants to run?

I swear to God that minute yet very significant point seems to just of been lost in everyone's panties wadding at the mention of Hackett!?

PastorMikH
It would help if the [guys] would run a system the less talented [OC] could adapt to easier.

Fixed your post.

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Ok noob you have fun wih your name calling and smileys but I think you are up past your bed time.

No shit they are more talented you dumb f*ck. If you actually used that sloshy thing between your ears I was telling your moronic self how a wet coast offense better fits what we are trying to do with the offensive talent we have.

Now go to bed noob bitch.

Oh, now you are out of "Good" arguments like telling us all how Paul Hackett needs to be our offensive coordinator, so you pull out the n00b card. Of course.

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:44 PM
OMG am I taking crazy pills? Isn't that why I said Herm needs to get someone in here that he trusts to run whatever offense the OC wants to run?

I swear to God that minute yet very significant point seems to just of been lost in everyone's panties wadding at the mention of Hackett!?

Hackett was a terrible offensive coordinator, period. Most Chiefs fans here hated his guts. USC fans really hated his guts. Hell, even the Jets fans hated his guts.

I'm sure Mecca can back me up on the USC part, where he did a very horrible job at USC.

doomy3
08-23-2007, 09:45 PM
OMG am I taking crazy pills?

That would explain a lot.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh, now you are out of "Good" arguments like telling us all how Paul Hackett needs to be our offensive coordinator, so you pull out the n00b card. Of course.

Once again you noob dumb f*ck I never said Hacket should be the coorinator. Look all I can do is tell you to go back and actually try reading......

no your immdiate resort to nothing but name calling after having your ass handed too you along with your "I'm so cool I use 10 smileys" crap was display of tour noobness

08-23-2007, 09:47 PM

But.... we punt well.

And you know, Herm thinks we can win with punting.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Hackett was a terrible offensive coordinator, period. Most Chiefs fans here hated his guts. USC fans really hated his guts. Hell, even the Jets fans hated his guts.

I'm sure Mecca can back me up on the USC part, where he did a very horrible job at USC.

Did Marty turn the offense over to him yes or no?
Was it a good offense geared to a defensive team yes or no?
Did it get us closer to the SB yes or no?

I cn really give a f*ck if it was Hackett or not. The point is we got an OC that Marty wasn't baby sitting all the damn time.

Why that concept is so hard for some of you to grasp...well I guess there has been plenty of beer drinking tonight.

bobbything
08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, and as someone else pointed out earlier, the Chiefs haven't drafted a decent o-lineman since ... well, Will Shields.

Waters was a d-lineman, IIRC, and he was a disaster at center. It took him some time to get into a groove at guard.

That's probably why they got Svitek -- an athletic, smart guy whould they could convert to the OL. Sadly, LT takes more technique than LG and he's getting schooled. RG would be a better choice for him in the long run (and, again IIRC, that's where they talked about putting him, wasn't it?).

They do have some guy out of TCU that was supposedly great in college. Haven't heard a word about him, although I haven't paid that much attention for him.

Well, we saw what happened with Trent with this line + Will Shields and - Svitek last year ...

MM
~~:(
Very true. But, they've gotten "lucky" with free agency: Weigmann (who was much more suited to the "snap-and-pull" system that we used to run).

I want Svitek to work out, but he looks horrid at tackle. Maybe guard is the answer (as you suggested) Welbourne is non-existant. Waters the same. I only hope that they can put some pieces together in the next few years.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I don't seem to remember anyone chastising him as he was our OC when we beat Denver in Denver for the first time in 12 years. When he took us further in the playoffs than any other OC we have had sine we won the SB.

Let's see here ... last I checked, Joe Frickin' Montana was the QB that year and once he was gone in that Buffalo game, POOF!, so went Hackett's magical offense.

And how long did Hackett last when his genius was unleashed upon an entire collegiate program at USC?

My point was Hackett had Marty's trust. Marty who just like Herm wanted the ball ran all the time and win with defense.

We need the same situation.

And what makes you think Solari doesn't have Herm's trust? Seriously? I don't have HBO, so was there something on Hard Knocks I missed?

Or is that something you just yanked out of your ass?

[qiote]Now if those challenged with reading comprehension don't get that than too flipping bad.[/QUOTE]

I comprehend what you're typing.

I just think a lot of it is clinically fuqing stupid.

MM

Logical
08-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Solari has an offense? I thought he was Herm's D coordinator.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:52 PM
For you dumb f*cks that went al mental at the mention of Hackett here is the first part of the sentence your irate rage kept your brains from comprehending....

We need an OC that Herm trusts to let him run whatever O the guy wants....kind of like what Marty did with Hackett.

Now you dumb ass's no where does that say to bring back Hackett.....do I need to break out the big crayons for you???

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:53 PM
For you dumb f*cks that went al mental at the mention of Hackett here is the first part of the sentence your irate rage kept your brains from comprehending....

We need an OC that Herm trusts to let him run whatever O the guy wants....kind of like what Marty did with Hackett.

Now you dumb ass's no where does that say to bring back Hackett.....do I need to break out the big crayons for you???

So you're saying that Herm doesn't trust Mike Solari as our Offensive Coordinator?

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM

Um ... so let me get this straight.

You just called someone who registered a whopping six months later than you a n00b?

Really?

So considering I was here five years before your dumb fuqing ass, I guess that makes me King of the Thread.

My first decree:

You ratchet down the stupid a few notches or go the hell away until you become sane again (up your meds, check into rehab, whatever).

So let it be written ...

MM
~~CeePee

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Let's see here ... last I checked, Joe Frickin' Montana was the QB that year and once he was gone in that Buffalo game, POOF!, so went Hackett's magical offense.

And how long did Hackett last when his genius was unleashed upon an entire collegiate program at USC?

And what makes you think Solari doesn't have Herm's trust? Seriously? I don't have HBO, so was there something on Hard Knocks I missed?

Or is that something you just yanked out of your ass?

[qiote]Now if those challenged with reading comprehension don't get that than too flipping bad.

I comprehend what you're typing.

I just think a lot of it is clinically fuqing stupid.

MM
~~:shrug:[/QUOTE]

I dont give a fug about college. Why don't some college systems work in the NFL?

Yeah I can see so much trust Herm has in Solari....dickhead loses track of down and distance in the gold zone, the offensive like looks lost, the only play we run consistently besides the HB dive is the 1 yard quick hit to the WR and Herm is saying the offense needs to be simplified after the end of the season?

Yeah tons of trust there..... :banghead:

Mark M
08-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Since you're the one who can't understand a simple question:

POST PROOF THAT HERM DOES NOT TRUST MIKE SOLARI.

If you cannot do so, then you're just ranting about a strawman of your own making.

MM
~~:harumph:

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:57 PM
So you're saying that Herm doesn't trust Mike Solari as our Offensive Coordinator?

Not really. I compare to the Allard Baird vs. Dayton Moore situation. Baird was so happy to be GM he sucked Glass's ass whenever he was told too. And the Glass family kept him there cause he was a good yes boy and made them feel like they knew how to run a baseball team.

Moore says "this is my job so back the f*ck off and let me do my job"

I don't think Solari carries that sort of clout with Herm.

the Talking Can
08-23-2007, 09:57 PM

ADD and vagitis are a bad combo dude...

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Since you're the one who can't understand a simple question:

POST PROOF THAT HERM DOES NOT TRUST MIKE SOLARI.

If you cannot do so, then you're just ranting about a strawman of your own making.

MM
~~:harumph:

Stating the offense needs to be simplified after you just ran a 3 yrds and a cloud of dust offense all year speaks in volumes. Or are we pretending now Herm never said it and I just pulled that straw man out of my ass?

ChiefsLV
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM

Actually, I understand his madness. This offense, at times like tonight, has me reminiscing the days when we could at least manage to gain small chunks of yardage running and actually complete a short pass or two. This offense may end up being the worst I've ever seen as a Chiefs fan in 15 years.

Our tackles are shit, and yes, they are worse than the Phins' and Browns'.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 09:59 PM
ADD and vagitis are a bad combo dude...

Good you have indentified your porblem. Next thing is seeing someone about it.

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Stating the offense needs to be simplified after you just ran a 3 yrds and a cloud of dust offense all year speaks in volumes. Or are we pretending now Herm never said it and I just pulled that straw man out of my ass?

Okay, if Herm said that we have to simplify the offense, then I see it as lack of trust. The big kicker is, why isn't Herm getting rid of him them? I mean, if I was the head coach in the NFL, and my offensive coordinator havent' amount worth a shit in one season, and 3 preseason games, I would expect that I would shit can his ass aready, right?

As much as it's (somewhat) Solari's fault, there are two more parties that are guilty as Mike is. 1. Offensive players. The execution was just awful. 2. Herm Edwards. As stated previously on the first paragraph.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah I can see so much trust Herm has in Solari....dickhead loses track of down and distance in the gold zone, the offensive like looks lost, the only play we run consistently besides the HB dive is the 1 yard quick hit to the WR and Herm is saying the offense needs to be simplified after the end of the season?

Yeah tons of trust there..... :banghead:

So because of those you have managed to enter the mind of Herm Edwards and magically discovered that Herm no longer trust Mike Solari.

And Herm has shown this to be true ... how, exactly?

Herm will fix this problem ... how, exactly?

Again, I don't like Solari as OC. The Chiefs are stuck with him this year, and I'm interested to see how it pans out -- I've already chalked this up as a rebuilding year, so no biggie.

And you've completely ignored the fact that every ... single ... person ... who ... knows ... anything ... about ... football ... agrees that the Chiefs OL has major talent issues.

But you keep going on and on about trust without actually providing any proof.

Why? What's your fascination with that angle?

MM
~~:spock:

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Actually, I understand his madness. This offense, at times like tonight, has me reminiscing the days when we could at least manage to gain small chunks of yardage running and actually complete a short pass or two. This offense may end up being the worst I've ever seen as a Chiefs fan in 15 years.

Our tackles are shit, and yes, they are worse than the Phins' and Browns'.

These alleged football experts seem to have no grasp of what the west coast offense is and why you use it obviously.

ChiTown
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Damnit, Carl! :cuss:

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:02 PM
So because of those you have managed to enter the mind of Herm Edwards and magically discovered that Herm no longer trust Mike Solari.

And Herm has shown this to be true ... how, exactly?

Herm will fix this problem ... how, exactly?

Again, I don't like Solari as OC. The Chiefs are stuck with him this year, and I'm interested to see how it pans out -- I've already chalked this up as a rebuilding year, so no biggie.

And you've completely ignored the fact that every ... single ... person ... who ... knows ... anything ... about ... football ... agrees that the Chiefs OL has major talent issues.

But you keep going on and on about trust without actually providing any proof.

Why? What's your fascination with that angle?

MM
~~:spock:

I never said they don't have talent issues. In fact I have said the opposite and maybe if you paid more attention you would see that is why I am saying we need to run a more west coast style offense cause we don't have the talent to run the offense Solari is trying to run. Only Solari does not have the clout to run anything he wants. Should he even be smart enough to realize we can't run he air-saunders\hermy smashmouth style that is.

DomerNKC
08-23-2007, 10:03 PM

Now you dumb ass's no where does that say to bring back Hackett.....do I need to break out the big crayons for you???so you are saying you want hackett back?

petegz28
Damnit, Carl! :cuss:

Actually right now I am thinking of a LT in Chicago that should be on our team right now had it not been for Carl's BS.

Mark M

Well, I don't transcribe every press conference, so I don't recall that quote.

However, some context would be nice -- was this last year? Was it because of O-line issues? Was it when Brody was playing QB? After injuries?

Seriously? A link would be great.

MM

Mark M
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
These alleged football experts seem to have no grasp of what the west coast offense is and why you use it obviously.

So now you're saying to run the West Coast offense you don't need to have a decent offensive line? Or that it's more simple?

What is about the West Coast offense that makes you think it's a better system?

MM

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, I don't transcribe every press conference, so I don't recall that quote.

However, some context would be nice -- was this last year? Was it because of O-line issues? Was it when Brody was playing QB? After injuries?

Seriously? A link would be great.

MM

Google is your friend. WTF would I just make up some shit like that? I won't do your homework for you.

It was just after the season last year. Now I have given you a starting point. Yoiu can believe me or go goolge it yourself matters to me not which you do. I have no reason to make shit up.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:09 PM
So now you're saying to run the West Coast offense you don't need to have a decent offensive line? Or that it's more simple?

What is about the West Coast offense that makes you think it's a better system?

MM

It is not nearly as complex as the air-saunders style which is all based on timing. The West Coast is dink and dunk passes, slant passes, outs, 3-5 step drop, remember Kimble Anders? WTF system do you think utilized the FB (Kris Wilson) so much? And the premise is you use the pass to open the run so teams can't stack 8 or 9 in the box. And you don't have tosit back there all day waiting for deep plays to dvelop like you do with the air-saunders.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Google is your friend. WTF would I just make up some shit like that? I won't do your homework for you.

It was just after the season last year. Now I have given you a starting point. Yoiu can believe me or go goolge it yourself matters to me not which you do. I have no reason to make shit up.

Ahhh ... I see. You make a claim, yet it's someone else's job to back that claim up.

This is what I get for not coming around that much any more -- I no longer know who the true, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, Guiness-Record-holding dumbfuqs are.

At least I know to add you to the list.

MM

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Ahhh ... I see. You make a claim, yet it's someone else's job to back that claim up.

This is what I get for not coming around that much any more -- I no longer know who the true, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, Guiness-Record-holding dumbfuqs are.

At least I know to add you to the list.

MM

Fine be an asshat and think I just made it up. It's not my fault you don't keep up with the Chiefs as you claim to know so much about them.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
If the O-Line cant hold a block and execute, it doesnt matter what sort of offensive system you have in place.....

Coach
08-23-2007, 10:13 PM
If the O-Line cant hold a block and execute, it doesnt matter what sort of offensive system you have in place.....

Exactly. Thank you. It doesn't matter if we run the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers offense, the late 80's, early 90's 49ers offense, or the Air Coryall offense.

If you have a O-line that cannot pass block and at times, run block worth a shit, it doesn't really matter what the **** of a offensive system you want to install.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Exactly. Thank you. It doesn't matter if we run the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers offense, the late 80's, early 90's 49ers offense, or the Air Coryall offense.

If you have a O-line that cannot pass block and at times, run block worth a shit, it doesn't really matter what the **** of a offensive system you want to install.

Oh, but don't you guys know that if we install the West Coast offense Herm will trust Solari more than a baby trusts its own mother!

And talent? Well, you don't need talent to run a West Coast offense! Hell, petegz28 whore mother could play LT in that system and be a hall of famer!

And he knows a lot about the West Coast offense. If I didn't know any better, I'd think all he knew about football he learned from Madden ...

MM

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:17 PM

Yes but a shit OL can block some systems easier than others. And yes it does make a difference on what system you install.

Do you always use a flathead screw driver on a phillips screw? I mean it would work, might work like shit, strip the screw but eventualy it might work. Or you could use a screw driver that fit better.

But I think the consensus on this thread is we keep doing the same shit we know we can't do and expect it to work.

tk13
08-23-2007, 10:18 PM
For the record, Herm and Solari were teammates in college at San Jose State, they've known each other for years. It's definitely not a case of someone from the old regime not fitting in with the new one.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh, but don't you guys know that if we install the West Coast offense Herm will trust Solari more than a baby trusts its own mother!

And talent? Well, you don't need talent to run a West Coast offense! Hell, petegz28 whore mother could play LT in that system and be a hall of famer!

And he knows a lot about the West Coast offense. If I didn't know any better, I'd think all he knew about football he learned from Madden ...

MM

Reading did fail ou didn't it asshat? I said we need to get an OC that runs whatever he wants and Herm isn't rying to micromanage.

See and you wanted me to post a link? You can't even read the f*cking posts in this thread correctly.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:20 PM
For the record, Herm and Solari were teammates in college at San Jose State, they've known each other for years. It's definitely not a case of someone from the old regime not fitting in with the new one.

Which probably makes it worse. Soalri was put in to hopefully salvage one more year of our all-world offense and there wasn't anyone out there from an OC standpoint that knew the system any better than he did.

If you don't think Solari was a band-aid OC then you have better stuff to smoke than I do.

Mark M
08-23-2007, 10:23 PM

But they don't trust each other.

Maybe they should go out for dinner, maybe see a movie, share their fears, hopes, dream ...

MM

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
But they don't trust each other.

Maybe they should go out for dinner, maybe see a movie, share their fears, hopes, dream ...

MM

Sure Herm trusts him enough to do what Herm thinks needs to be done. And Solari is only to eager to kiss Herm's ass.

I know this whole concept was lost on you from the start. It's ok. One day the lightbulb will go off.

tk13
08-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Which probably makes it worse. Soalri was put in to hopefully salvage one more year of our all-world offense and there wasn't anyone out there from an OC standpoint that knew the system any better than he did.

If you don't think Solari was a band-aid OC then you have better stuff to smoke than I do.
Yeah, but you said they don't trust each other. They've been friends for like 30 years.

Plus, before Solari came here, he was an offensive line coach for the Niners.... including a couple years as an assistant under Shanahan. He knows the West Coast offense. I'm not saying he's the greatest OC of all time or anything, but he without a doubt knows these "systems".

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but you said they don't trust each other. They've been friends for like 30 years.

Plus, before Solari came here, he was an offensive line coach for the Niners.... including three years as an assistant under Shanahan. He knows the West Coast offense. I'm not saying he's the greatest OC of all time or anything, but he without a doubt knows these "systems".

No I didn't. I said Herm don't trust Solari to the point that he will let Solari do whatever he wanted. And that's cause he knows Solari is a noob OC.

And I think you will agree knowing the system and knowing how to run the system are two different things. It's a lot easier to be a good coach when someone is telling you what to coach. When you have to be the creative one things change.

I would rather see Carl go get someone that will run an offense that achieves Herm's goals but that basically tells Herm WTF the deal is.

Or maybe I am wrong. Maybe Herm trusts Solari too much?

dirk digler
08-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I just got home from the game and I honestly was going to walk out prior to halftime. I have never seen a more pitiful performance at home then the one displayed tonight.

The offense is a joke and Brody Croyle is a joke of a QB. Huard needs to be the starter not because he is so great it is just that Croyle is that bad.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
I just got home from the game and I honestly was going to walk out prior to halftime. I have never seen a more pitiful performance at home then the one displayed tonight.

The offense is a joke and Brody Croyle is a joke of a QB. Huard needs to be the starter not because he is so great it is just that Croyle is that bad.

I thought Croyle looked fine. The WR's that dropped the passes weren't to fun on the eys.

Coach
08-23-2007, 10:41 PM

Let me ask you this. Can you do any better if the O-line is only giving you 2-3 seconds to pass the ball? Can you make the receivers actually catch the ball as well?

I mentioned this many times. If the Chiefs had Peyton "Rump Ranger" Manning back there behind that line, Manning's gonna look exactly like Croyle looked today.

So really, how can we, the fans, really judge Croyle if the Offensive Line isn't giving us any time for us to judge him?

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Let me ask you this. Can you do any better if the O-line is only giving you 2-3 seconds to pass the ball?

I mentioned this many times. If the Chiefs had Peyton "Rump Ranger" Manning back there behind that line, Manning's gonna look exactly like Croyle looked today.

So really, how can we, the fans, really judge Croyle if the Offensive Line isn't giving us any time for us to judge him?

I think Croyle is fine. In fact I think we f*cked up by not slotting him as the starter from day 1 and letting the O get their shit together. Instead guys are out there trying to go through some ame the coach dreams up and it costs valuable snaps and team building time with the guy who will be the starter.

dirk digler
08-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I thought Croyle looked fine. The WR's that dropped the passes weren't to fun on the eys.

I only really remember 2 dropped pass and that was the slant to Samie and the other was Kolby dropping an easy pass.

The majority of his passes weren't even close to be catchable

doomy3
08-23-2007, 10:47 PM
And we shouldn't have traded our dominant closer, Octavio Dotel!! :banghead:

Dammit Carl :cuss:

TEX
08-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I think Croyle is fine. In fact I think we f*cked up by not slotting him as the starter from day 1 and letting the O get their shit together. Instead guys are out there trying to go through some ame the coach dreams up and it costs valuable snaps and team building time with the guy who will be the starter.

Croyle fine? ROFL

dirk digler
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Let me ask you this. Can you do any better if the O-line is only giving you 2-3 seconds to pass the ball? Can you make the receivers actually catch the ball as well?

Coach no question the O-line is a weakness but several times he had plenty time to throw and he completely missed his targets.

Add to the fact this the 3rd game in a row where he threw an INT and he is just not playing good at all.

I will say this I personally lay alot of the blame on the sucky ass O on Mike Solari, Dumbass Dick Curl, and Herm. Those 3 guys don't know shit about offense and it shows.

We now have gone from Total O from DV to Total D from Herm. Why can't field a balance team for once?

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
I only really remember 2 dropped pass and that was the slant to Samie and the other was Kolby dropping an easy pass.

The majority of his passes weren't even close to be catchable

all things considered i thought he did well...he wasn't getting a lot of time to read the field

dirk digler
08-23-2007, 10:54 PM
all things considered i thought he did well...he wasn't getting a lot of time to read the field

I guess I just don't understand how you think a pro offense getting only 69 yds in a half doing well with 5-6 possessions.

Dave Lane
08-23-2007, 10:55 PM

Thank you for stating the obvious and the truth. It seems selective memory for some makes it seems all Suanders did was pass. He mixed it up more than anyone I've ever seen.

Dave

petegz28
08-23-2007, 10:55 PM
I guess I just don't understand how you think a pro offense getting only 69 yds in a half doing well with 5-6 possessions.

Dude have you read this thread? I nevr said the offense did well I said he did ok.

TEX
08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Coach no question the O-line is a weakness but several times he had plenty time to throw and he completely missed his targets.

Add to the fact this the 3rd game in a row where he threw an INT and he is just not playing good at all.

I will say this I personally lay alot of the blame on the sucky ass O on Mike Solari, Dumbass Dick Curl, and Herm. Those 3 guys don't know shit about offense and it shows.

We now have gone from Total O from DV to Total D from Herm. Why can't field a balance team for once?

You're EXACTLY correct. Everyone thinks Croyle will get better if he starts from day one. It has been my contention that it won't do him a bit of good and he'll actually get worse trying to run this mess of an offense. We're seeing it now.

TEX
08-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Dude have you read this thread? I nevr said the offense did well I said he did ok.

It didn't even do "ok." But Herm thinks it did too. That's a huge part of the problem.

dirk digler
08-23-2007, 11:00 PM

I guess I don't understand how you think he did ok. Enlighten me please.

petegz28
08-23-2007, 11:00 PM
It didn't even do "ok." But Herm thinks it did too. That's a huge part of the problem.

What is with people tonight? READ peeps!

I said Croyle did ok not the O.

TEX
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM

FYI - Solari was running the Offense last year just like Saundars until the 2nd preseason game. The Chiefs were at about the 25 and were up by 3 going into halftime. Solari called 2 pass plays in a row and one was picked. Herm called him out afterwards saying stuff like," We need to change the culture around here - we had the lead - we came away with nothing." (Not exactly what he said, but very close.) Point is he called Mike out and the play-calling has never been the same since.

Herm needs an OC he can control and Mike fits that roll. Herm's gonna throw Mike under the bus after this season and say that he gave him a chance etc... The whole thing makes ne sick as I saw this coming the second Herm was named HC.

TEX
08-23-2007, 11:07 PM
What is with people tonight? READ peeps!

I said Croyle did ok not the O.

Oh - sorry, but you're still incorrect. Croyle looked like crap just like the rest of the $hit pile we call an offense.

stevieray
08-23-2007, 11:56 PM
notice we haven't heard a peep from him on Hard Knocks... :hmmm:

bobbything
08-24-2007, 06:18 AM
It is not nearly as complex as the air-saunders style which is all based on timing. The West Coast is dink and dunk passes, slant passes, outs, 3-5 step drop, remember Kimble Anders? WTF system do you think utilized the FB (Kris Wilson) so much? And the premise is you use the pass to open the run so teams can't stack 8 or 9 in the box. And you don't have tosit back there all day waiting for deep plays to dvelop like you do with the air-saunders.
You don't know anything about the west coast offense.

Are you actually suggesting that Saunders' offense was based "all on timing" and that the west coast system isn't?? The west coast offense is based ALL on timing. Saunders' system is based all on mismatches. It also incorporated various elements of the west coast system (a few slants and swings here and there).

And if you keep calling it the "Air-Saunders" system I'm going to have to jam my car key into my eyeball. Saunders based his system entirely around the offensive line. I'm going to say it again, we ran the ball more often than we passed it under Saunders. It was not an "air-it-out" type of offense. I bet we barely average more than 30 passes per game under Saunders. It was very, very balanced. However, it was an unpredictable offense that thrived on mismatches. You might have seen 5-6 passes in a row, all to different people (RB's, TE's, WR's). But that hardly constitutes it as an "air-it-out" system.

Like I said, you are very, very misinformed (or, uninformed as the case may be).

dirk digler
08-24-2007, 06:27 AM
notice we haven't heard a peep from him on Hard Knocks... :hmmm:

Actually no until KK said something about that yesterday. I never pay much attention to what KK says but that is an interesting observation. I think this whole offensive staff is pretty much shit except for Joiner, Embree and Saxon.

petegz28
08-24-2007, 06:47 AM
You don't know anything about the west coast offense.

Are you actually suggesting that Saunders' offense was based "all on timing" and that the west coast system isn't?? The west coast offense is based ALL on timing. Saunders' system is based all on mismatches. It also incorporated various elements of the west coast system (a few slants and swings here and there).

And if you keep calling it the "Air-Saunders" system I'm going to have to jam my car key into my eyeball. Saunders based his system entirely around the offensive line. I'm going to say it again, we ran the ball more often than we passed it under Saunders. It was not an "air-it-out" type of offense. I bet we barely average more than 30 passes per game under Saunders. It was very, very balanced. However, it was an unpredictable offense that thrived on mismatches. You might have seen 5-6 passes in a row, all to different people (RB's, TE's, WR's). But that hardly constitutes it as an "air-it-out" system.

Like I said, you are very, very misinformed (or, uninformed as the case may be).

Do us all a favor and use your car key. You are an idiot if you don't think the Air-Saunders offense wasn't based on timing. It was all based on timing. I don't know how many times that was said while they were here but obviously you were absent every time.

No we didn't air it out. Trent Green only through for more yards than anyone else except Manning for 5 years.

bobbything
08-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Do us all a favor and use your car key. You are an idiot if you don't think the Air-Saunders offense wasn't based on timing. It was all based on timing. I don't know how many times that was said while they were here but obviously you were absent every time.

No we didn't air it out. Trent Green only through for more yards than anyone else except Manning for 5 years.
Did I ever say that Saunders' offense wasn't based on timing? All offenses are based on timing. Some MUCH more than others. Like, the west coast offense, for example.

And, as far as "airing it out" is concerned, simply because we threw for a lot of yards doesn't mean dick. We could have thrown 4 passes per game and averaged 400 yards per game. That doesn't mean we "air it out." It just means we avergage a lot of passing yards per game. You have to look at attempts per game. If we averaged 40 attempts per game then we would be an example of an "air it out" type offense. In the same vein, if we averaged 40 attempts and only 200 yards, we'd still be considered an "air it out" type offense.

I just looked it up and we averaged 32 attempts per game under Saunders. You know where that puts us?? Right smack in the middle of the NFL. We basically were the benchmark for "average" with regards to attempts per game. That means, we're balanced. Not a pass-happy offense.

petegz28
08-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Did I ever say that Saunders' offense wasn't based on timing? All offenses are based on timing. Some MUCH more than others. Like, the west coast offense, for example.

And, as far as "airing it out" is concerned, simply because we threw for a lot of yards doesn't mean dick. We could have thrown 4 passes per game and averaged 400 yards per game. That doesn't mean we "air it out." It just means we avergage a lot of passing yards per game. You have to look at attempts per game. I just looked it up and we averaged 32 per game under Saunders. You know where that puts us?? Right smack in the middle of the NFL. We basically were the benchmark for "average" with regards to attempts per game. That means, we're balanced.

Actually yyes right when you said it was all based on mismatches.

No we didn't air it out we just averaged a lot of pass yards per game. :banghead:

Fire Me Boy!
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
You know, occasionally, I let my three-year old son pick either a run or a pass when I play Madden. Not the specific play, but just the general one on first and second—and sometimes third—down.

Solari calls his offense the same way.

MM
~~:banghead:

EDIT: This is to say that I really don't put much thought into it and just do it for fun. Kind of detached, actually. That seems to be Solari's system.
I thought you meant Solari occasionally called your 3-year-old son for playcalling advice... and that seemed to explain a lot.

FringeNC
08-24-2007, 07:28 AM
I don't know what the Solari offense is. Sometimes it looks just like the offense we used to run under Sanders, and sometimes it looks like the ultimate play-not-to-lose offense.

When Croyle is in there during the pre-season, it's obvious to me that we are trying to get Croyle some experience, and pass more than we otherwise would.

I'm not nearly ready to throw Solari under the bus -- between having no LT and a coach that doesn't believe in scoring on the road, it's really hard to evaluate Solari.

Let's wait until our starting LT and LJ come back, and the games count, before we panic.

Chief Henry
08-24-2007, 07:44 AM

I'm not going to read this whole thread, but your right Brock.
Our offensive line is below average in my opinion. You know what that means... :shake:

bobbything
08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
No we didn't air it out we just averaged a lot of pass yards per game. :banghead:
Airing it out doesn't mean throwing for a lot of yards. It refers to the number of times you put the ball in the air.

I don't know why you're banging your head here. You're the one who has your semantics all out of whack.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
So when do you think I will be able to pick up a couple of tickets real cheap, and make my road trip back there to knock off one of my must do's before I die list.