PDA

View Full Version : Out of all our QB's...

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 09:16 PM
... Printers seems to be the only one that can move the ball.

If he could only hold on to the damn ball.... I would start him over Croyle and Huard.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3935/kcqbyb1.jpg

He had a VERY pretty pass that should have gone for a TD had Bowe not dropped the ball.

He is young, he has a great arm, and with our OL being the leaky piece of shit it has been... it will help to have a mobile QB.

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 09:19 PM
I might have spoken too soon.

This Terrel kid is 5 for 5 with over 50 yards now. LOL

grandllama
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
In all seriousness, as pure shit as our OL is going to be this year, Printers may be the only option.. and he may be the only QB left by the third week of the season.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2007, 09:25 PM
This is a real dumb thread.

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM

I forgot.... Croyle has been REALLY impressive so far this pre-season. :rolleyes:

KC2004
08-23-2007, 09:28 PM

This is coming from the foremost expert of starting stupid threads?

carlos3652
08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Good thing Printers plays vs 1st stringers... wait, at least he plays against 2nd stringers... wait... nevermind...

grandllama
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Good thing Printers plays vs 1st stringers... wait, at least he plays against 2nd stringers... wait... nevermind...

You really think he would be any worse than what's playing against the 1st stringers now?

Mr. Laz
08-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Printers is playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers and he's helping out the offensive line with his legs.

in regular games that won't help as much

Logical
08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
... Printers seems to be the only one that can move the ball.

If he could only hold on to the damn ball.... I would start him over Croyle and Huard.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3935/kcqbyb1.jpg

He had a VERY pretty pass that should have gone for a TD had Bowe not dropped the ball.

He is young, he has a great arm, and with our OL being the leaky piece of shit it has been... it will help to have a mobile QB.

I think I might have a better pass record playing against the scrubs than Croyle with this offensive line so far.

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Printers is playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers and he's helping out the offensive line with his legs.

in regular games that won't help as much

I understand that.... but he is also throwing TO 3 and 4th stringers and he is still making stuff happen.

Dunno... if he could get over his fumbling bit he would at least make a good 2nd stringer.

carlos3652
08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
You really think he would be any worse than what's playing against the 1st stringers now?

When you compare those stats, if all 3 of them were playing the same defense, I can understand the comparison, but his numbers are not that much better, playing vs guys that will be playing ST or bagging groceries in 2 weeks...

I bet you, that if you put Printers vs the 1st team, he would do worse than Huard and Croyle combined... (even though you dont think it could be worse... it can be with fumbling Printers)

carlos3652
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I understand that.... but he is also throwing TO 3 and 4th stringers and he is still making stuff happen.

Dunno... if he could get over his fumbling bit he would at least make a good 2nd stringer.

He is throwing to 3rd or 4th stringers who have a good chance to make this team... there is not much difference between number 2 thru 6 at this point... they all drop passes...

Coach
08-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Ah f**k it, just give the job to Terrell and call it a pre-season eh?

08-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Ah f**k it, just give the job to Terrell and call it a pre-season eh?
Why the hell not. :banghead:

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 09:42 PM
He is throwing to 3rd or 4th stringers who have a good chance to make this team... there is not much difference between number 2 thru 6 at this point... they all drop passes...

That is not saying much on a team that had Sammie Parker and Dante Hall as their 2 and 3 WR's last season.

carlos3652
08-23-2007, 09:44 PM
thats my point, he has the same WR's to throw to, but against backup defenses' and he has similar numbers...

I dont get it... why would he be better...

wazu
08-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Huard doesn't have to play a down all pre-season and he is far and away the best QB we have. That said I think we should start Croyle.

Skip Towne
08-23-2007, 09:50 PM
This is coming from the foremost expert of starting stupid threads?
Nice one, n00b.

KCChiefsMan
08-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Herm said he wants someone to TAKE THE QB JOB. He's the one that seems to be the one that is doing that. I say start him next week and see how he does with and against first teamers

Hammock Parties
08-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Dude, seriously. If anyone thinks Printers is capable of being the starting quarterback, you're just flat out dumb. The Chiefs would give him a shot in a real game if he showed an ability to be that guy in practice.

KCChiefsMan
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm just saying GOAT, that he's the best QB in preseason so far. Why not give him a chance against starters in the last pre-season game. He has a freakin cannon for an arm too. For Brodie's defense, his receivers were dropping the ball and had no protection

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Dude, seriously. If anyone thinks Printers is capable of being the starting quarterback, you're just flat out dumb. The Chiefs would give him a shot in a real game if he showed an ability to be that guy in practice.

I disagree.

I think Herm is sporting a hard-on for Croyle and would only give Huard the job if Croyle bombed.

Croyle *is* bombing but Huard is hurt.

Again... Printers has no shot because he can't hold on to the damn ball so it is a mute point. That aside, Printers is showing that he wants the job more than either Croyle or Huard.

If Printers could get the fumble issue under control, he should get a shot to start.

KCChiefsMan
08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
his fumbling problem doesn't seem like it should be hard to correct

stumppy
08-23-2007, 10:14 PM
his fumbling problem doesn't seem like it should be hard to correct

Until you remember he's played football since he was a kid. He ought to know how to hold onto the friggen ball. If he hasn't figured out how to hold on to the ball by now he's always going to have that problem. IMO

grandllama
08-23-2007, 10:27 PM

GC, you've become the (self) appointed expert on here, what were Printers numbers in the CFL? I'm too lazy to look them up.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2007, 10:35 PM
GC, you've become the (self) appointed expert on here, what were Printers numbers in the CFL? I'm too lazy to look them up.

They were quite good. He was the CFL MOP.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=273

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 10:39 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8523/printersdy5.jpg

grandllama
08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
They were quite good. He was the CFL MOP.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module=roster&func=display&ros_id=273

So has he had the fumble problem since college or did he just learn that after he got here and the pressure of the NFL?

pr_capone
08-23-2007, 10:42 PM
So has he had the fumble problem since college or did he just learn that after he got here and the pressure of the NFL?

10 fumbles in 2004 under the rushing stats.... :shrug: