PDA

View Full Version : An optomistic view on our Chiefs team.

GoHuge
08-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Given what I saw last night some of you may want to take the approach that I have regarding the Chiefs. Emotionally detach yourself from this team. It took me an entire year to do, but it can be done. We are in for a long long year. I don't give a shit if it was a preseason. This team has some major problems. Emotionally detach or you'll be in the Prozac line. The wins are still as great as they where win you where emotionally attached, but the losses don't cost you a fifth of Crown Royal.

With all that said we can do nothing but get better. I'm fine if this team finishes sub .500 as long as I see growth. Brody has it in him. I saw it last night and the TD drive last week. Next year we need to draft a couple of corners, but I'd like to see our first three picks go to the O-line. Imagine if we picked up the equivalant of a Dwayne Bowe, Turk, and Tank on the line. We could fix the O-line in one off season as we did the D-line.

Tank looked great. I DVR'd the game and went back and looked at all his plays. He got a push on every single play. He's the guy we've been trying to get for the last six years. The way it looks right now we're going to be drafting high in next years draft. Use our first two picks on top shelf prospects. Maybe even pick up a top flight FA.

We'll be back with our top line O-line. We just got to stick this year out and keep the faith. Herm knows how to draft so he'll get us fixed up with one of the best O-Lines. We already have the best guard in the NFL in B-Dub. Bad year this year but buiding for 08' and 09'. We'll be OK. Almost every team of late that has become a Super Bowl champ bottomed out a few years before that, drafted extremely high in the draft, got excellent players, and took the whole deal. We've got the skill players, but we've got to reduild our interior. We'll be OK my fellow planeteers. It's just gonna take some time.

DenverChief
08-24-2007, 07:16 AM
DOOM AND GLOOM! DOOM AND GLOOM I SAY!

I swear I don't know how some of you guys wake up in the morning

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Please list the top 5 things you have seen out of Brodie that would support your view.

Mr Luzcious
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Emotionally detach.. easier said than done.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Last night is no indication of what we will see in the future. Now don't get it twisted, we will not be going 16-0 but this team is better than they played last night. How much better? That has yet to be determined. We are going to have ups and downs, as long as there is improvement that is a positive thing. We have some good, savvy vets on this team. The ship we realign itself. That is what these glorified scrimmages are for.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Given what I saw last night some of you may want to take the approach that I have regarding the Chiefs. Emotionally detach yourself from this team.
I did that three years ago. Healthiest thing I've ever done.

RockChalk
08-24-2007, 07:36 AM
i agree that Tank looked really good last night. that was about the only thing you can take away from the game.

i wasn't sure anyone could be worse at pass protection than Jordan Black, but Will Svitek made me a believer.

is anyone else sick and tired of seeing the back of Ty Law and Pat Surtain's jerseys??? anytime a pass was thrown in the first half last night, I always see them chasing. do they ever cover receivers? you rarely see them with their eyes on the ball.

Skip Towne
08-24-2007, 07:36 AM
This team won't be much fun to watch but they will get me to November. Then I can watch :KU: rip shit tear ass.

Fire Me Boy!
08-24-2007, 07:37 AM
The wins are still as great as they where win you where emotionally attached, but the losses don't cost you a fifth of Crown Royal.
Please... "where" and "were" are not interchangeable.

RockChalk
08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
This team won't be much fun to watch but they will get me to November. Then I can watch :KU: rip shit tear ass.

amen to that :KU:

morphius
08-24-2007, 07:38 AM
The good news is that they only have 17 more games left! :D

DenverChief - That is why I like the Planet, I can come on here after a horrible performance and see people go so far overboard that I feel better about my team. It is odd, but it works for me.

DenverChief
08-24-2007, 07:42 AM
The good news is that they only have 17 more games left! :D

DenverChief - That is why I like the Planet, I can come on here after a horrible performance and see people go so far overboard that I feel better about my team. It is odd, but it works for me.

I love the planet too but man some of these people need to move the shotgun more towards the middle of their head

RockChalk
08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
I love the planet too but man some of these people need to move the shotgun more towards the middle of their head

that's why i don't read most of the posts on the day after a loss. some of the things i read make me believe a lot of people on here don't know much about football. really makes me wonder why they are even fans of the Chiefs? if crap like this really gets you down, then the shotgun needs to be inserted into their mouths.

morphius
08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
eh, they would probably miss and kill the person in the apartment above them.

Chief Henry
08-24-2007, 07:49 AM
The best thing about Thursday nights game is
that the Chiefs can only get better.

Here's to another season with no play off wins.
Carl is da man !

hawkchief
08-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Go Huge, the big problem with your theory is that the Chiefs, under Carl Peterson have a pathetic draft record. You seem to think that we magically fixed our D-line with a magical draft, and that we can do the same next year with the O-line.

Have you somehow forgotten how many turds, on both the offensive and defensive lines that Peterson has paraded in here from his past 18 drafts? There are too many to list.

May;be Tank and Turk will help us, and that's great. But to think we are just another draft away with this team, is silly. I, for one, hope Croyle can make it through this season without getting killed, so, perhaps in the next few years we can get this thing rebuilt - hopefully with someone other than Carl leading the draft.

Fat Elvis
08-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Please list the top 5 things you have seen out of Brodie that would support your view.

1. The kid has a quick release.

2. He is really pretty accurate, all things considered.

3. He makes quick decisions, not all of them great, but they are quick.

4. He never gives up.

5. He can throw a laser.

This kid is a keeper; he just needs an O-line in front of him and recievers that can actually hold onto the ball. Oh, and once LJ is in the lineup, Defenses are going to have to be honest and play the run. Brodie is a franchise QB. You just can't tell the difference between diamonds in the rough and salt pellets.

greg63
08-24-2007, 08:19 AM
An optomistic view on our Chiefs team.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OOOOOHHH!!! That's a good one....wait, you're serious.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 08:23 AM
1. The kid has a quick release.

2. He is really pretty accurate, all things considered.

3. He makes quick decisions, not all of them great, but they are quick.

4. He never gives up.

5. He can throw a laser.

This kid is a keeper; he just needs an O-line in front of him and recievers that can actually hold onto the ball. Oh, and once LJ is in the lineup, Defenses are going to have to be honest and play the run. Brodie is a franchise QB. You just can't tell the difference between diamonds in the rough and salt pellets.

1) Ok...ill give ya that. With our line he needs to. And his release speed will allow a reciever 2-3 steps downfield.

2) No idea what made you feel that way. His INTs have been clean.

3) He made a good pick in a wife. Since then...not so much.

4) Huh?

5) If throwing lasers was a good thing, he would be tops.

ARROW2
08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I just finished watching the first half....Calm down, Brodie will be okaaay. Svitek sucks, Parker sucks, and Kolby dropped one right in his hands as well. What would Huard have done when Svitek let Will Smith come right on in? He would have fumbled, guaranteed....The pick he threw was not as bad as the other two. I just didn't really see Brodie fk'in up. The first team D gave up 6 points......wow!

Chill, wait for the season and sthen ee what's up. It's not like we would be a lock for the SB if last night's score was reversed anyway........

Inspector
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
"The wins are still as great as they where win you where emotionally attached, but the losses don't cost you a fifth of Crown Royal."

But then I'd have to come up with a whole new reason to guzzle my Crown Royal.

Donger
08-24-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm always optimistic, probably because I know how to spell it correctly.

GoHuge
08-24-2007, 10:05 AM
My point was to use our first three picks in next years draft and load up with three to four solid offensive lineman. That would really help get this offensive line back to what we are use to. While they may not be ready in 08' to be a really great line, by 2009 they'll be ready to go.

Secondly with Brody he didn't play all that well, but he didn't make that super stupid mistake. When things broke down he didn't try to force something. He took his check-down or threw it away. To me that was just a sign that he was thinking better.

I have no illusions that the Chiefs are going anywhere this year, but I feel that the Chiefs are finally starting to draft better. Last year we got Hali, Colquitt, Pollard, and Page. All of which are starters this year. As we all know Page was a 7th rounder and he looks like a steal. This year we've got Bowe, Tank, Turk, Kolby Smith, Medlock, and Michael Allan. All of these guys are going to play this year. Allan looks as though he could be another great 7th round steal. Give this guy some time and he could be something special. He's got all the tools, but given he was playing D-3 ball his learning curve is going to be extensive.

My only point was the Chiefs finally have the right people in place calling the shots on draft day. Either that or Carl is finally letting the scouts and player personnel people do their jobs without his meddling. The Chiefs have had a tough time hitting with their 1st round pick under Carl and Vermeil. The last two drafts under Herm have netted what looks to be about four starters per draft. That is a vast improvement compared to the old regime. That's just my opinion, nothing more. With the way the team has looked I'm just trying to find something positive to lean on.

HonestChieffan
08-24-2007, 10:07 AM
So in summary...easily replace our poorer players with guys way better at all positions and we will be lots better.

I like that

hawkchief
08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Huge,

I appreciate the optimism injection. I wasn't trying to bag on you, I'm just fed up with the patience so many (getting fewer) fans are giving Peterson. He's had 18 years to get the draft right, and for every Jarred Allen, there's 2 or 3 Sviteks' or Trezelle's.

Our recent drafts may look good simply because we have less talent on our team than in the past, and their are simply more holes to fill, and positions available. Hopefully you are right, and things will get better.

jettio
08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
One thing about the poor line play that could improve is that the chiefs ran a basic offense and never provided help to Svitek and Terry on pass plays.

Kennsion, Gonzalez, Parker and maybe even Bowe can get open in single coverage. When the real games start, the Chiefs may still be able to have some passing game if they can set up plays that have single coverage on the receivers that run patterns while leaving somebody in to help with the pass protection.

By now, it won't be a surprise if the offense becomes a liability, but it also should not be a surprise if the results improve when the game plans factors in the matchups on the field.

Baby Lee
08-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm always optimistic, probably because I know how to spell it correctly.
Maybe he can't see his keyboard. Time to go to the optimetrist.

L.A. Chieffan
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Some positive things I took from the game:

Our front 4 looks very good. They were getting penetration and pushing back on the NO OL quite well. They made a couple of huge 4th down stops. Tank looks like a monster.

Pollard is a playmaker. The guy is always around the ball creating havoc one way or another.

Phinissee should be our kick returner. I thought Webb made a couple of good plays at WR, but Phinissee does well at seeing the field and reacting.

Not much to say on O other than Bowe looked awesome dragging those 2-3 guys down the field.

Wilson played very well and Grigsby surprised me with that nice catch.

Medlock didn't miss any kicks. :)

GoHuge
08-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Huge,

I appreciate the optimism injection. I wasn't trying to bag on you, I'm just fed up with the patience so many (getting fewer) fans are giving Peterson. He's had 18 years to get the draft right, and for every Jarred Allen, there's 2 or 3 Sviteks' or Trezelle's.

Our recent drafts may look good simply because we have less talent on our team than in the past, and their are simply more holes to fill, and positions available. Hopefully you are right, and things will get better.Hey bro I understand exactly what your saying. I'm fed up with all the Carlness just like everyone else. I think we are on the same page and like you I hope we are injecting this team with better talent rather than these young guys coming and taking the jobs of piss poor shitbags that couldn't start on any other NFL team.

El Jefe
08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
The best thing about Thursday nights game is
that the Chiefs can only get better.

Here's to another season with no play off wins.
Carl is da man !

ROFL

Hydrae
08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Put LJ in the backfield and give Brody another few games for the game to slow down for him and you will see a different team. I am not too worried about this year, I just want to see some serious improvment as the season goes along. We have a good shot at a solid future, I just want to see the improvment and I will consider this a good year.

GoHuge
08-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Maybe he can't see his keyboard. Time to go to the optimetrist.Sorry for they typo. I may have go to the optimetrist for a refuktion to check my vision.

Calcountry
08-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Given what I saw last night some of you may want to take the approach that I have regarding the Chiefs. Emotionally detach yourself from this team. It took me an entire year to do, but it can be done. We are in for a long long year. I don't give a shit if it was a preseason. This team has some major problems. Emotionally detach or you'll be in the Prozac line. The wins are still as great as they where win you where emotionally attached, but the losses don't cost you a fifth of Crown Royal.

With all that said we can do nothing but get better. I'm fine if this team finishes sub .500 as long as I see growth. Brody has it in him. I saw it last night and the TD drive last week. Next year we need to draft a couple of corners, but I'd like to see our first three picks go to the O-line. Imagine if we picked up the equivalant of a Dwayne Bowe, Turk, and Tank on the line. We could fix the O-line in one off season as we did the D-line.

Tank looked great. I DVR'd the game and went back and looked at all his plays. He got a push on every single play. He's the guy we've been trying to get for the last six years. The way it looks right now we're going to be drafting high in next years draft. Use our first two picks on top shelf prospects. Maybe even pick up a top flight FA.

We'll be back with our top line O-line. We just got to stick this year out and keep the faith. Herm knows how to draft so he'll get us fixed up with one of the best O-Lines. We already have the best guard in the NFL in B-Dub. Bad year this year but buiding for 08' and 09'. We'll be OK. Almost every team of late that has become a Super Bowl champ bottomed out a few years before that, drafted extremely high in the draft, got excellent players, and took the whole deal. We've got the skill players, but we've got to reduild our interior. We'll be OK my fellow planeteers. It's just gonna take some time.I am kind of tired of waiting. I think I have paid my dues with enough waiting, that I can come back to this table when the food is on it.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Put up some watermelon wine & love the old dogs and children on the team

mlyonsd
08-24-2007, 07:27 PM
True optimism for the '07 Chiefs would be 6-10. 7-9 would be considered insanity.

InChiefsHeaven
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
meh. I can see going 8-8, we'll get better as the year goes on.