PDA

View Full Version : Goodell: Vick suspended indefinitely

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801c32be&template=with-video&confirm=true

Vick suspended indefinitely

National Football League

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."

» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."

» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."

» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."

» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."

Stewie
08-24-2007, 04:15 PM
That was to be expected. It's the easy way out for now.

Fairplay
08-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Go to prison and get out of my sight Vick.

That indeed was the key sentence you highlighted Warpath.

Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
cool

KCFalcon59
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Sit down, Bitch!!!

Eleazar
08-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Damn. He voided his contract? Does that get them out of paying him? Make him a free agent? Get them post-Vick cap relief?

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
That was to be expected. It's the easy way out for now.
Yep

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2007, 04:24 PM
What did the AD for Duke say when the lacrosse coach told him he couldn't cancel the season because the truth would come out?

"This isn't about the truth anymore."

It applies to this case as well. I'm not condoning the mans actions, but I can't help but think after watching this all go down that the media is a very powerful, powerful outlet that better be reckoned with.

OnTheWarpath15
Damn. He voided his contract? Does that get them out of paying him? Make him a free agent? Get them post-Vick cap
relief?

The way I understand it is that they are off the hook for his annual salary, and can now go after somewhere in the neighborhood of $22M in signing bonus.

IIRC, Vick stands to lose over $80M total.......

Adept Havelock
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNWP3FZdpAw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fNWP3FZdpAw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

teedubya
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
A buh-bye. Buh-bye now.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
The way I understand it is that they are off the hook for his annual salary, and can now go after somewhere in the neighborhood of $22M in signing bonus.

That's gonna leave a mark.

meStevo
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
:( refreshed the other thread and replied there speculating about the signing bonus, glad to see I was on the same page with some peeps.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
F'n awesome - I love Goodell

Coach
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh hell yeah, Good-bye, Oh hell yeah.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Na na na na na na na na na na na na gooooooooooooooood byyyyyyyyyyyyyye

KCTitus
08-24-2007, 04:43 PM
What did the AD for Duke say when the lacrosse coach told him he couldn't cancel the season because the truth would come out?

"This isn't about the truth anymore."

It applies to this case as well. I'm not condoning the mans actions, but I can't help but think after watching this all go down that the media is a very powerful, powerful outlet that better be reckoned with.

no...you would be somewhat correct, if Vick continued to maintain his innocence, but unlike the Duke case, he's plead guilty. People who are innocent, as in the Duke case, dont plead guilty 'just because'....especially in Vicks case. He's got the money to defend himself were he actually innocent

memyselfI
08-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Good for him. I intend to email the NFL and voice my support of his decision before Sharpton or Jackson start with the racism bull sheet. I hope he stays firm to his decision and does not back down. :clap: :clap:

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Good for him. I intend to email the NFL and voice my support of his decision before Sharpton or Jackson start with the racism bull sheet. I hope he stays firm to his decision and does not back down. :clap: :clap:

Hey dumbshit, indefinately means the term of the suspension is undefined. He actually hasn't said anything. I'm surprised you don't support Vick being you support genocide when it comes to the breed. NOw you have the audacity to come on here like you give a rats ass about those dogs. You're the biggest POS on two feet walking.

Eleazar
08-24-2007, 06:02 PM

I'm gonna have to go ahead and speculate that Bad Newz Kennels might not have been such a good investment.

Simplex3
08-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Don't worry about Ron, he has a dog breeding business to fall back on.

Crush
08-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Awesome.

Logical
08-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Damn. He voided his contract? Does that get them out of paying him? Make him a free agent? Get them post-Vick cap relief?

Yes
Actually I believe he is now a free agent though no one can sign him.

I am not sure about the cap relief?

stevieray
08-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Good to see Goodell do what Tags wouldn't...

IMO, when an opportunity like the NFL comes into your life and you put yourself in a position to piss it all away, you deserve exactly what you get...

dtebbe
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Word on the news tonite here in ATL is that the Falcons can now legally go after $22 million in bounus money. Nike also finally officially dumped him. He's gonna be broke.

DT