PDA

View Full Version : Who is our starting QB?

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Who do you want under center?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Who do you want under center?

Peyton Manning.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Peyton Manning.

Ooohhh. I wanna play.

Tom Brady.

PastorMikH
08-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Croyle without question.

Huard isn't the future of this team. Huard is NOT a starting QB in the NFL. Not only has he been able to land a starting gig in all the time he's been in the NFL, he didn't even garner much interest as a starter by other teams before extending his contract here last spring. Starting Huard just wastes crucial developement time for Croyle. The ONLY way I start Huard first is if our OL can't protect a QB.

The only way Croyle can learn is to take snaps. The absolute worst that can happen under Croyle is we lose a bunch of games, realize he isn't our QBOTF and have a high draft pick for a QB in '08.

Huard might limp us along into the playoffs. But we will depend heavily on LJ again, run him into the ground, maybe out, and still get knocked out of the first round.

Croyle on the other hand, if he gets playing time, by the end of the season he could be rather surprising and if we make the playoffs with him, I think he'd give us a chance to win in the playoffs.

Like I said in another thread, if Huard is going to be our starter this season, we should cut Croyle all together because we'll just end up wasting him on the bench anyway.

RedThat
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
it depends.

If the Chiefs suck this year, I wouldn't mind if Croyle started because they have nothing to lose.

But with LJ back there, and possibly a good defense, I wouldn't mind if Huard started either. As long as he does what he did last year. Just play a simple style, and don't turn the ball over or try to win us games either. I think he could do that.

*Too be honest with you, I have mixed feelings about who to start

Archie Bunker
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
IMO this season isn't about W-L its about getting ready for a Super Bowl run in 08 and 09 so Brodie is my guy.

Even if I thought this team was a contender this year I would still pick Croyle because of his arm and mobility. Plus Huard has done NOTHING to win this job in preseason. Croyle has atleast shown flashes.

SPchief
08-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Should have made this poll public.

kcxiv
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
I think its going to be Huard for the first few games until the Oline plays better.

luv
08-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Croyle. Pastor said it best.

arrowheadnation
08-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Why aren't Terrel or Printers included in this? They've both outshown those other two slap-nuts.

MichaelH
08-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Whether we want to come to terms or not, this is a rebuilding year. I haven't been too excited about Croyle but with an inept offensive coaching staff, it's hard anyway. I say go with Croyle. Let him learn the way Manning learned. If he's worth anything, he'll get it sooner than later.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Casey Printers 'em

KCCHIEFS27
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Huard went 5-3 last year as a starter. Not too bad. Who knows what could happen if he actually had a chance to start under center. The man is 10-4 as a starter throughout his career. Not too shabby, eh? Played backup to Dan Marino and Tom Brady. What happens if Brodie plays the season and does terrible? Everybody says, "Oh, he's young and we need to give him another shot" Next thing you know, we have another Rex Grossman (strong arm and can make plays, but a lot of those plays are bad) on our hands, thinking he's our future quarterback when in all actuality he's worse than Huard.

KCCHIEFS27
08-24-2007, 05:09 PM
haha which manning are you talking about there michaelh...peyton or eli? because Eli still hasn't learned too much.

ClevelandBronco
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Jake Plummer.

Elvis Grbac.

Frank Montana.

MichaelH
08-24-2007, 05:12 PM
haha which manning are you talking about there michaelh...peyton or eli? because Eli still hasn't learned too much.

I don't consider Eli in the same league as his brother. It should be obvious which Manning I was refering to. Ha ha

ChiefFan31
08-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I dunno. I am all for Croyle to start, and we take our lumps. I am all about that, rather than shooting for 9-7 again. I am all for building for the future.

BUT - I only want Croyle to start if we are going to take our lumps, and then he improves, and we know whether or not we do indeed have our QBOTF. If he is going to go out there to start the season and fold under the pressure and lose all his confidence, then maybe we should wait a few games before we insert him.

I know it wasn't all his fault last night, and I am not all doom and gloom about it. But he did NOT respond well IMO. Looked like he was crumbling out there, which is not good. He looked to be farther away from being ready than I thought, and that is disappointing.

Coach
08-24-2007, 05:23 PM
it depends.

If the Chiefs suck this year, I wouldn't mind if Croyle started because they have nothing to lose.

But with LJ back there, and possibly a good defense, I wouldn't mind if Huard started either. As long as he does what he did last year. Just play a simple style, and don't turn the ball over or try to win us games either. I think he could do that.

Lighting, meet bottle.

I don't think Huard will even come close to his 98.0 rating that he put up last year.

dreaminboutsunday
08-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Chiefs = Love ...if you really love the chiefs, does it really matter who the damn qb is?? NO! <u><b>CHIEFS FANS</b></u> are chiefs fans, through and through. but i choose brody croyle :) GO CHIEFS!

PastorMikH
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
To the Huard hopfull, can LJ stand another season of "Keep in simple so the QB doesn't lose it" game planning?

If Croyle isn't the QBOTF, wouldn't it be good to settle that this year instead of having him sit on the bench for a year, having Herm rave about him, and passing on a legit QBOTF next year because we have Croyle waiting to take the reigns?

If we are going to go with an old vet, we should have kept Green. IMO he looked like he was back to old form in the KC/Miami game.

MichaelH
08-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Chiefs = Love ...if you really love the chiefs, does it really matter who the damn qb is?? NO! <u><b>CHIEFS FANS</b></u> are chiefs fans, through and through. but i choose brody croyle :) GO CHIEFS!

I agree to a point but I do care who the damn QB is. I don't think either will take us to the post season but Croyle has more long term potential.

arrowheadnation
08-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Damn Cowboys!!! Why did they have to trade the Browns?

dreaminboutsunday
08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I agree to a point but I do care who the damn QB is. I don't think either will take us to the post season but Croyle has more long term potential.

what i'm saying is, why argue who the qb is?? either way it's chiefs season wahoooooo!! GO CHIEFS!! :)

dreaminboutsunday
08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
what i'm saying is, why argue who the qb is?? either way it's chiefs season wahoooooo!! GO CHIEFS!! :)

you can definately tell this guy is a noob /\ NOOOOOOOBBB!!!

MichaelH
08-24-2007, 05:40 PM

Well, I guess you have a point. I have been waiting for football for 4 months. I just hope it's better than the last 3 preseason games.

Since I don't live in the general KC area, I was going to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. To be honest, I'm not sure if the investment is worth it. Money is a little tight right now but I was going to do it if they looked promising. I'm not yet convinced.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Peyton Manning.LMAO I should've know. You guys cannot be left alone...
:)

KCJohnny
08-24-2007, 05:52 PM
What? No write in vote for Jeff Terrell?:shrug:

Mr. Arrowhead
08-24-2007, 05:55 PM
seriously are we gonna have a poll like this every week.

EyePod
08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
it depends.

He did turn the ball over, just not in interceptions. He was a Fumble-Roni.

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 06:23 PM
What? No write in vote for Jeff Terrell?:shrug:

Please.

Halfcan
08-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Where is the option for Printers-he is our best option.

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Where is the option for Printers-he is our best option.

The thread starter was probably wanting to maintain at least some semblance of realism.

Reerun_KC
08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Huard went 5-3 last year as a starter. Not too bad. Who knows what could happen if he actually had a chance to start under center. The man is 10-4 as a starter throughout his career. Not too shabby, eh? Played backup to Dan Marino and Tom Brady. What happens if Brodie plays the season and does terrible? Everybody says, "Oh, he's young and we need to give him another shot" Next thing you know, we have another Rex Grossman (strong arm and can make plays, but a lot of those plays are bad) on our hands, thinking he's our future quarterback when in all actuality he's worse than Huard.

Huard is worse than Rex Grossman.... the guy fumbles like there is no tomorrow...

Bwana
08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
If our line doesn't get its shit together, we will see several QB's because the others will be out one by one on IR.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
The thread starter was probably wanting to maintain at least some semblance of realism.Heh. I should've made the choices, Brodie and Croyle...

HemiEd
08-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Croyle without question.

The ONLY way I start Huard first is if our OL can't protect a QB.

Do you think the line is going to be able to protect the QB? They need to improve in a major way.

PastorMikH
08-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you think the line is going to be able to protect the QB? They need to improve in a major way.

I think if they can at least be mediocre and Solari doesn't call plays that take 20 minutes to develope they can get the job done. Especially with McEntire back.

Even if they can't block well, Croyle may as well get used to that too. He's still young and will bend where Huard is old enough to break.

Shoot, if Solari calls plays like last year, the OL will only have to protect him for 3 snaps each series.

jjchieffan
08-24-2007, 09:25 PM
My vote is for Croyle, but I don't think it would be impossible to win in the playoffs with Huard. Hell, look at Trent Dilfer and Rich Gannon. Both average quarterbacks that went to the superbowl. I guarantee you that neither of them were capable of winning a game for you. They were just able to manage not to lose it for them, and they went all the way to the superbowl. Huard is every bit as capable as they are. He is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, and that is why I go with Croyle, because he has that potential. But to say we have no chance of winning in the postseason with Huard is absurd. I sure never expected to see Gannon or Dilfer there, but their teams proved me wrong, maybe, the chiefs will too.

HemiEd
08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
I think if they can at least be mediocre and Solari doesn't call plays that take 20 minutes to develope they can get the job done. Especially with McEntire back.

Even if they can't block well, Croyle may as well get used to that too. He's still young and will bend where Huard is old enough to break.

Shoot, if Solari calls plays like last year, the OL will only have to protect him for 3 snaps each series.

I agree with the thoughts on Solari, it is time for that experiment to end.

Skip Towne
08-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I agree with the thoughts on Solari, it is time for that experiment to end.
The Peter Principle at work.

the Talking Can
08-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I say we start the QB with the best chance of getting us to 9-7.

It is very important to create the impression that we are only "one piece away" and that "we still have a window of opportunity"....or whatever things fans say to console themselves.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Hell, look at Trent Dilfer and Rich Gannon.

Dilfer perhaps, but Gannon won an MVP. The guy was a playmaker in Oakland.

MadMax
08-24-2007, 10:23 PM
I say we start the QB with the best chance of getting us to 9-7.

It is very important to create the impression that we are only "one piece away" and that "we still have a window of opportunity"....or whatever things fans say to console themselves.

I like sarcasm :) But I say God please no, not again.

Ebolapox
08-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Jake Plummer.

Elvis Grbac.

Frank Montana.

you gotz it wrong.

joe montanya

jjchieffan
08-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Dilfer perhaps, but Gannon won an MVP. The guy was a playmaker in Oakland.

Gannon was no playmaker. Jerry Rice and Tim Brown were playmakers. Gannon was just a mediocre quarterback with the weapons to make him look good.

boogblaster
08-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Terrell is my choice .. he can throw and run the ball ....

MGRS13
08-25-2007, 04:38 AM
I think if they can at least be mediocre and Solari doesn't call plays that take 20 minutes to develope they can get the job done.
How long does "run up the middle for three yards" take to develope?

Sanka
08-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Huard to start the first 5 games.

HemiEd
08-25-2007, 05:57 AM
The Peter Principle at work.

Good Call, but at least they named a Toyota after him.

milkman
08-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Gannon was no playmaker. Jerry Rice and Tim Brown were playmakers. Gannon was just a mediocre quarterback with the weapons to make him look good.

You're right, Gannon did have guys that made him look good.

But Huard doesn't have guys like Brown and Rice to throw to.
He has guys that can't catch the freakin' ball.

He also won't have a near historically good defense to just simply allow him to manage games.

If Huard starts and the team were to get in the playoffs, a highly unlikely prospect IMO, he would have to, at some point, make plays for this team to advance.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 07:42 AM

You just shattered your own take.

The reason Dilfer and Gannon won Super Bowls is because they were surrounded by other great players.

Unfortunately, KC doesn't have enough of those.

Huard is just good enough to get us where we got last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 07:49 AM

The reason Dilfer and Gannon won Super Bowls is because they were surrounded by other great players.

Huard is just good enough to get us where we got last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that...

So what are you saying? LMAO

Huard makes this team a sub.500 team, right where the fans of KC want to be and then get bitch slapped in FIRST round of the playoffs year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year?

Carl has to be the antichrist... His powers and hold over the city of KC are truely powerful...

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 07:49 AM
Huard to start the first 5 games.

Why?

HemiEd
08-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Gannon won a Super Bowl? ROFL

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Gannon won a Super Bowl? ROFL

Yeah, that was a dumb mistake.

Of course, his Super Bowl performance isn't exacty easy to forget. :D

HemiEd
08-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah, that was a dumb mistake.

Of course, his Super Bowl performance isn't exacty easy to forget. :D

:banghead: I will never forget it, I was much lighter in the pocket afterwards.

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree with the thoughts on Solari, it is time for that experiment to end.I would agree, if he is coaching WRs to drop passes that hit them in their hands...

percysnow
08-25-2007, 08:08 PM
i say huard. . i think that Croyle will have 3 bad preseason games and by the fourth week Haurd will be named our starter. . .mark my words!!!