PDA

View Full Version : This sounds like TG is calling some guys out

kcfanintitanhell
08-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm sure a lot of folks have checked the post game quotes from last night, but this particular quote from Tony kinda stuck out.

"The defense has gone out there and played well. We as an offense can’t do that week-to-week because we are the guys that have gone out there and gotten the job done the last couple of years. I can guarantee you this; it’s going to get fixed and it will get fixed soon because if it doesn’t then some people have to go. Something has to happen or something has to give.”

I love the "some people have to go" line. I wonder who he is referring to?

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Let's see...

Brodie Croyle
Bowe
5 linemen
and a tight end

Nzoner
08-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Let's see...

Brodie Croyle
Bowe
5 linemen
and a tight end

I'd like to add

Carl and Herm

CoMoChief
08-24-2007, 06:10 PM
And I'd like to add Parker and the rest of our shitty WR core.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I'd like to add

Carl and Herm

REP

dshyne101
08-24-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah he is exactly rite people gotz 2 go that damn line is bs. Bowe is gone be aight croyle will be good he just needs block its the OLine they are the damn problem.

dshyne101
08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Its better TG call em out then the boss LJ cuz he will probably just cuss everyone out.

88TG88
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
He was talking about parker.

LOCOChief
08-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Didn't we see and hear TG say that this team is improved from last year, I thought I read it in an interview maybe 2 weeks ago

Parker couldn't pour the piss out of his boot!

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Parker

Svitek

Terry

End of list.

Bugeater
08-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Who does he think we're going to replace him with?

dj56dt58
08-24-2007, 06:47 PM
i'm sure theres a backup receiver who isn't happy with the playing time he's getting on his local high school football team...

KCinNY
08-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Svitek is unbelieveably making me miss Jordan Black. I gotta believe they're gonna go with Turley at LT until McIntosh gets back.

Logical
08-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I'd like to add

Carl and Herm
So true

NewChief
08-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Interesting. I've heard an off the record, second hand quote from Brian Waters that is similar to the first of Tony's quote. Brian basically said, "I can handle going out and not having a great season. What I won't be able to handle is having to apologize to the Defense for losing games for the team all year like they've had to do to us for the last 5 years."

That's a paraphrase of course, but that was the gist of it. This was prior to the season and prior to Trent's trade.

Priest4Prez
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Solari...

penchief
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM

Bowe, Hannon, Webb. I'd rather keep Allan as a receiver. Any of those guys will show more if given Parker's opportunity. IMO, Parker hasn't improved one bit since the day he put on a chief uniform. What used to be promise is now sub-par play.

Extra Point
08-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Calling out the wide outs and tackles. A lot of bitching about Bowe not getting separation. Kennison is getting less and less, and Sammy's got no hands. Croyle can't stay in a pocket that isn't there.

the Talking Can
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Interesting. I've heard an off the record, second hand quote from Brian Waters that is similar to the first of Tony's quote. Brian basically said, "I can handle going out and not having a great season. What I won't be able to handle is having to apologize to the Defense for losing games for the team all year like they've had to do to us for the last 5 years."

That's a paraphrase of course, but that was the gist of it. This was prior to the season and prior to Trent's trade.

well, Waters ain't doing much to impress me right now either....

TEX
08-24-2007, 07:35 PM
It's so F***ING PATHETIC that the Chiefs offense is one of the worst in the NFL only 1 year removed from being one of the best. And somewhere Herm Edwards has a plan. ROFL Tony needs to call the coaches out b/c they're just as much to blame as the players for this twisted pile if $HIT known as the Chiefs offense. :cuss:

TEX
08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Solari...

Don't discount Edwards's part in all this.

penchief
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
It's so F***ING PATHETIC that the Chiefs offense is one of the worst in the NFL only 1 year removed from being one of the best. And somewhere Herm Edwards has a plan. ROFL Tony needs to call the coaches out b/c they're just as much to blame as the players for this twisted pile if $HIT known as the Chiefs offense. :cuss:

We know that having the best offense in the world didn't mean shit. So let's see if we can strike a balance. If that balance leans more toward ball control and defense then I'm okay with that because we did a helluva lot better with Martyball than we did with Dickyball. It's straight up embarrassing when an opposing offense has it's way with you the way teams did with our defense in the Vermeil era. That's not Chiefs football, IMO.

TEX
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Svitek is unbelieveably making me miss Jordan Black. I gotta believe they're gonna go with Turley at LT until McIntosh gets back.

Exactly. I was saying Black was better than Svitek after the 1st preseason game and received so much negative rep. it was funny. Well all you fools, and you know who you are, who's laughing now?

InChiefsHeaven
08-24-2007, 07:45 PM
when is big Mac supposed to be back anyway? God, I hope he doesn't suck...let's face it, we don't really know jack shit about him either...

ChiefsfaninPA
08-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Calm down everyone. It's still just the preseason. Everyone needs to step up at this point. D was in vanilla sets, O, well they did suck it up but what did we really expect with the problems on the line and a QB learning the position. We will be alright.

kcfanintitanhell
08-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I honestly think Jack Shit would be an upgrade over Svitek... :rolleyes:

And I don't know that much about him.

88TG88
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I honestly think Jack Shit would be an upgrade over Svitek... :rolleyes:

And I don't know that much about him.
sadly thats funny ROFL :deevee:

TEX
08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
We know that having the best offense in the world didn't mean shit. So let's see if we can strike a balance. If that balance leans more toward ball control and defense then I'm okay with that because we did a helluva lot better with Martyball than we did with Dickyball. It's straight up embarrassing when an opposing offense has it's way with you the way teams did with our defense in the Vermeil era. That's not Chiefs football, IMO.

That's where we differ. It DID mean something. We at least had a chance every time we took the field. Now we don't. Herm's way is the wrong way. He's more conservative than Marty ever was. Marty was a great X & O guy. Herm is not. All he is is a freaking cheerleader. He's so f*cking pathetic. Do ya think the Jets miss his sorry a$$?

RealSNR
08-24-2007, 07:56 PM
It's so F***ING PATHETIC that the Chiefs offense is one of the worst in the NFL only 1 year removed from being one of the best. And somewhere Herm Edwards has a plan. ROFL Tony needs to call the coaches out b/c they're just as much to blame as the players for this twisted pile if $HIT known as the Chiefs offense. :cuss:I love retarded comments like this that seem to come from guys like you and 'Cane boy.

Please tell us all (and when you're done, send an e-mail to Carl and Herm) how the hell we were supposed to prevent this catastrophe of an offense from taking root in one offseason. Should we have drafted Staley instead of Bowe? Not traded Trent Green? Traded Larry? What? What exactly were we supposed to do?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
I love retarded comments like this that seem to come from guys like you and 'Cane boy.

Please tell us all (and when you're done, send an e-mail to Carl and Herm) how the hell we were supposed to prevent this catastrophe of an offense from taking root in one offseason. Should we have drafted Staley instead of Bowe? Not traded Trent Green? Traded Larry? What? What exactly were we supposed to do?

I'm getting some popcorn....this should be very entertaining.....

Reerun_KC
08-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Its better TG call em out then the boss LJ cuz he will probably just cuss everyone out.

WTF did you say? we speak english here son.. Learn it or leave....

Reerun_KC
08-24-2007, 08:08 PM

Martyball and Dickyball both sucked ass... One was exciting to watch and the other put most normal NFL fans to sleep in the 3rd qtr...

Neither got us to a superbowl so looking back they rank as shit on the professional sports scale...

the Talking Can
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm no fan of Herm's offense, but let's be fair.

He inherited a veteran team from DV..mostly full of shit on one side of the ball.

Herm is in the process of gutting it. We needed new safeties, lbs, DTs, WRs, and QB. Then Roaf and Shields retired. And Weigmann is two years older.

And Herm did not draft either Svitek or Black.

Herm can't fix it all at once. So far, he's gone safety, DT, LB, WR, CB.

And he got a new LT...who is now injured. Again, not Herm's fault.

Next year, in a much better draft for OL, we'll get some new OL. And maybe in FA too.

And we may be drafting high to boot. Which would be fine be me.

Herm is not responsible for our OL falling apart. He is responsible for fixing it. Next year at this time you'll be free to cry your eyes out if our OL is still so terrible.

PastorMikH
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
:hmmm:

Hmmm, I could swear I saw Tony miss a few catches last night too.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 08:15 PM

You'd have a better chance of asking for world peace and getting it......

Reerun_KC
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM

He inherited a veteran team from DV..mostly full of shit on one side of the ball.

Herm is in the process of gutting it. We needed new safeties, lbs, DTs, WRs, and QB. Then Roaf and Shields retired. And Weigmann is two years older.

Next year, in a much better draft for OL, we'll get some new OL. And maybe in FA too.

Herm is not responsible for our OL falling apart. He is responsible for fixing it. Next year at this time you'll be free to cry your eyes out if our OL is still so terrible.

Nice Take!

Logical
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM

Sorry but the BS factor here is great, Herm has taken and gutted the previous offensive philosophy and installed the for shit one we now see. I will admit he lacks the talent to run even this for shit offense but that is another issue in and of itself. That is Carl's fault.

RustShack
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Tony said what he need to and hopefully it will make the players work harder.

kstater
08-24-2007, 08:30 PM

:clap:

kcfanintitanhell
08-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Nice Take!
I agree wholeheartedly. I just hope the "guys that need to go" do exactly that. I hope the "projects" aka-Svitek are abandoned and replaced by legitimate position players, even if they are destined to get their ass kicked. Hell, I would be all for Svitek going back to his original DL position-he might have learned something from lining up on the other side.

the Talking Can
08-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Sorry but the BS factor here is great, Herm has taken and gutted the previous offensive philosophy and installed the for shit one we now see. I will admit he lacks the talent to run even this for shit offense but that is another issue in and of itself. That is Carl's fault.

you're petulant

are you upset about our OL or about Herm stealing your Lincoln Logs?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
you're petulant

No shit. The level of hate from some so-called fans amazes me.

I wasn't around here then, but did DV catch the same amount of grief for "gutting" the previous defensive philosophies, or was everyone so awestruck by the "circus offense" that he was cut some slack?

Just wondering.

P.S. Carl is teh debbil.

Logical
08-24-2007, 08:36 PM
you're petulant

Am I petulant or am I just observant. I can be both you know.:p

ChiefsfaninPA
08-24-2007, 08:37 PM

So if he lacks the talent to run this shit offense, how in the world were they to run the "old" offense that was complicated and needed talent you admitted we don't have?

Logical
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
So if he lacks the talent to run this shit offense, how in the world were they to run the "old" offense that was complicated and needed talent you admitted we don't have?You don't have to run a

Run, run, swing pass, punt offense to not run a circus offense.

ptlyon
Where's John Mackovic when you need him?

kcfanintitanhell
I just happened to catch a commentary from the talking heads during the Carolina-NE game, and all they said regarding the Chiefs was "Herm has a whole lotta work to do."

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I just happened to catch a commentary from the talking heads during the Carolina-NE game, and all they said regarding the Chiefs was "Herm has a whole lotta work to do."

Coming from DierDork that is a total revelation.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Well, it can't be Parker. He catches everything...

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I love retarded comments like this that seem to come from guys like you and 'Cane boy.

Please tell us all (and when you're done, send an e-mail to Carl and Herm) how the hell we were supposed to prevent this catastrophe of an offense from taking root in one offseason. Should we have drafted Staley instead of Bowe? Not traded Trent Green? Traded Larry? What? What exactly were we supposed to do?You are wasting your time...

dirk digler
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM

I wasn't around here then, but did DV catch the same amount of grief for "gutting" the previous defensive philosophies, or was everyone so awestruck by the "circus offense" that he was cut some slack?

Just wondering.

P.S. Carl is teh debbil.

Trust me alot of people including myself bitched about the shitty D but everytime we touched the ball we usually scored and that is a nice feeling.

As far as this silly notion that we ran a "circus offense" you do realize we ran the ball more than we passed while DV was here don't you?

Now let's go back at look at Herm's stats when it comes to offense

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/EdwaHe0.htm

His best ranked offense in 6 years was ranked 12th in Total O.

He probably averages somewhere in the 20's in Total O.

Nzoner
08-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Just wondering.

P.S. Carl is teh debbil.

Well a 9-0 start will help in cutting one some slack

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry but the BS factor here is great, Herm has taken and gutted the previous offensive philosophy and installed the for shit one we now see. I will admit he lacks the talent to run even this for shit offense but that is another issue in and of itself. That is Carl's fault.ANY offense will be shitty, if you don't have guys who can catch. Its personnel, not the system...

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 09:09 PM
Well a 9-0 start will help in cutting one some slack

You have to have a coach that wants to win in order for that to happen.

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 09:10 PM
ANY offense will be shitty, if you don't have guys who can catch. Its personnel, not the system...

Heh.

Tribal Warfare
08-24-2007, 09:16 PM

Hannon too

Nzoner
08-24-2007, 09:21 PM
You have to have a coach that wants to win in order for that to happen.

If the Herm of last year's Jags game would show up more often I'd cut him slack,I couldn't believe that game,flea flicker for a td,halfback pass that almost worked.....and then came the play-off game

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 09:26 PM
If the Herm of last year's Jags game would show up more often I'd cut him slack,I couldn't believe that game,flea flicker for a td,halfback pass that almost worked.....and then came the play-off game

Unfortunately the game I always think of is the one @ Denver last year.

runnercyclist
08-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Didn't we see and hear TG say that this team is improved from last year, I thought I read it in an interview maybe 2 weeks ago

Parker couldn't pour the piss out of his boot!...

...if the instructions were written on the heel

The Red Sea
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
After the LJ deal went down Carl didnt have the cash on hand to pay Tony his weekly Stipend.

So Tonys teachin Carl a lesson on what the F!@K happens when you miss a payment!

Money paid = We can easily be a playoff team.
Money not paid = Were a train wreck...7 wins IF were lucky.
Money not paid two weeks in a row = Parker SUCKS! Brodies Not catching on! & LJ is a pain in the teams A$$!We'll be lucky if we even win a game this yr!

jidar
08-24-2007, 10:40 PM
You know what, we might end up with one of the worst offenses in the league this year the way things are looking. I blame the coaching.

Don't anyone tell me about the god damned players being the problem if we end up in the bottom 5 in O because no matter how you ****ing slice it, if you're that bad it's bad coaching. It was bad coaching on GRs part when we had the 32 D and it's bad ****ing coaching on Herms part when we have a terrible O.

Besides, we've got an HoF Tight End and one of the best backs in the league. We've got a couple of good Pro-bowl players on the O-line as well, and yet you guys are going to ****ing sit here and tell me that because we've got shitty receivers our god damned Offense can't even be middle of the pack? That is mother****ing horseshit.

It's become apparent to me that Hermie ball is Marty ball but with an even worse offense, I hope to god he proves me wrong there, but every time we run between the tackles on first and 10 I grind my teeth and so far that's been something like 4 out of 5 first downs.

Listen Herm Edwards has had a shitty offense everywhere he's gone his entire career. I remember when Mike Greeney on ESPN radio who is a big Jets fan first heard that we had lured Herm over, he said on the radio "There goes your offense Chiefs fans." He predicted this plummet and I remember not taking it seriously, I thought "no way can they be that bad, he'd have to really **** up the O." but Greeney ****ing called it didn't he?

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 07:49 AM

Just wondering.

P.S. Carl is teh debbil.
I recall a certain pie lovin' preacher man. . .

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 07:53 AM
You know what, we might end up with one of the worst offenses in the league this year the way things are looking. I blame the coaching.

Don't anyone tell me about the god damned players being the problem if we end up in the bottom 5 in O because no matter how you ****ing slice it, if you're that bad it's bad coaching. It was bad coaching on GRs part when we had the 32 D and it's bad ****ing coaching on Herms part when we have a terrible O.

Besides, we've got an HoF Tight End and one of the best backs in the league. We've got a couple of good Pro-bowl players on the O-line as well, and yet you guys are going to ****ing sit here and tell me that because we've got shitty receivers our god damned Offense can't even be middle of the pack? That is mother****ing horseshit.

It's become apparent to me that Hermie ball is Marty ball but with an even worse offense, I hope to god he proves me wrong there, but every time we run between the tackles on first and 10 I grind my teeth and so far that's been something like 4 out of 5 first downs.

Listen Herm Edwards has had a shitty offense everywhere he's gone his entire career. I remember when Mike Greeney on ESPN radio who is a big Jets fan first heard that we had lured Herm over, he said on the radio "There goes your offense Chiefs fans." He predicted this plummet and I remember not taking it seriously, I thought "no way can they be that bad, he'd have to really **** up the O." but Greeney ****ing called it didn't he?
Best overreacting to a preseason game, EVAR!!!

Oh noes, we're gonna miss the preseason playoffs.

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM

Playoffs? Preseason Playoffs? I just hope we can win another game! Playoffs?

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM

Pretty solid take...

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately the game I always think of is the one @ Denver last year.

That Denver game is the one I think of too.

Boy it sure was nice not to get blown out by 30 and watch Denver put on a clinic for a national audience.

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 08:04 AM
That Denver game is the one I think of too.

Boy it sure was nice not to get blown out by 30 and watch Denver put on a clinic for a national audience.

Seems to me like Huard and LJ fumbled that game away for the Chiefs?

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Pretty solid take...

Except for the part where he completely ignores that fact that we have Will Svitek manning the most important spot on offense...

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Seems to me like Huard and LJ fumbled that game away for the Chiefs?

It was still INFINITELY more enjoyable than watching Clinton Portis rush for 5 TD's...

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 08:08 AM
It was still INFINITELY more enjoyable than watching Clinton Portis rush for 5 TD's...

I agree.. You know Gunther as a HC never lost in Denver dont you?

Marty Blew ass there and DV cried on everyones ass there....

Herm is still up for debate... LJ better be ready, I can see Herm giving him 50 attempts in Denver this year...

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Listen Herm Edwards has had a shitty offense everywhere he's gone his entire career. I remember when Mike Greeney on ESPN radio who is a big Jets fan first heard that we had lured Herm over, he said on the radio "There goes your offense Chiefs fans." He predicted this plummet and I remember not taking it seriously, I thought "no way can they be that bad, he'd have to really **** up the O." but Greeney ****ing called it didn't he?Umm, you can blame coaching to an extent, but in the end, players have to execute...

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Umm, you can blame coaching to an extent, but in the end, players have to execute...
Hey! Didn't he TELL you not to tell him that???

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey! Didn't he TELL you not to tell him that???Ha

TEX
08-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Yep. But when we had the ball last in regulation,there was absolutely no reason to sit on things. We should have at least TRIED to win it. Instead, we stayed ultra conservative and lost. Shoot, I mean even Rocky went southpaw on Apollo Creed when the moment called for it...

TEX
08-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Well with the Chiefs, a glaring weakness in preseason usually translates into that same problem during the regular season. Then, it's worked on during the NEXT offseason.

TEX
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Ding...ding...ding!

chagrin
08-25-2007, 11:10 AM
shitty offensive coordinator with NO F*CKING EXPERIENCE, patchwork O-line and I have no idea how our D gave up 288 yards i the first half but they should fix whatever is going on there.

I do not like Herm, you're delusional if you cannot admit that he is WAY too conservative.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Well with the Chiefs, a glaring weakness in preseason usually translates into that same problem during the regular season. Then, it's worked on during the NEXT offseason.

Not really.

There were many times in the past 5 years where DV's offenses were anemic and the preseason and conversely, the defense looked very good.

LOCOChief
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
This is the PRESEASON! some here cry like babies and act they can make better personell decisions than Lamar, Clark, Carl Peterson. They have a better understanding of how to move the football that a veteran in the league and an NFL head coach the took his teams to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years. I hear you talkin.

Crashride
08-25-2007, 11:35 AM
PANICPLANET

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Ding...ding...ding!
Wow!! THREE trays of 'fwies' are done at the same time?

Raiderhater
08-25-2007, 11:45 AM
This thread is both funny as hell and pathetic as shit at the same time.