PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about the Chiefs this season?

DaFace
08-24-2007, 07:14 PM
As usual, after a poor showing by our team, there's a pretty wide variety of reactions on here. We've got some people who think our season is over, and some that think we're headed for the playoffs (well, jokingly at least).

So where do you stand?

BigVE
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
It feels like its only pre-season and that there is alot of REAL football still to be played.

DaFace
08-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Crap. I forgot the Gaz option. Eh well, it isn't my best poll ever anyway.

NUMBER7
08-24-2007, 07:27 PM
IMHO this is going to be a very tough year. Arrowhead will look pretty sparse come December....just like in the eighties.

StcChief
08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Ok with ~.500 season. Getting use to it again.

If things are looking up by Dec I'm optomistic about another good Draft in 2008 and getting missing pieces in place. A year of experience for the new players to gel.

Buehler445
08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I think we can pull 6. As long as we show growth, it will be a very productive year. IMO more productive than the last several. As opposed to letdowns by vets, we get team growth.

htismaqe
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
7-9

And I'm good with it.

TEX
08-24-2007, 07:53 PM
5-11 and I'm not happy about it.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm fine with whatever happens, because I know we're headed in the right direction.

I made the mistake of listening to KK on my drive in from STL yesterday, and he was bitching about how the fans expect results after rebuilding, and that's why people are pissed off.

I wanted to call in and ask him what he meant by rebuilding, but figured I'd get cut off or talked over. I'd like to know WHEN he thinks this team has been "rebuilt" in the past.

This team hasn't been in a position to truly rebuild since before CP came here. Signing and making trades for high profile guys isn't rebuilding. It's reloading.

We've had exactly ONE SEASON where we finished more than 1 game below .500. since 1988. We haven't endured the miserable losing seasons the Cowboys did before Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin. The Colts before Peyton. The Chargers before LT and the monumental Eli trade that really put them over the hump.

We haven't had multiple high R1 picks. We've had 1 Top 10- pick since DT. And honestly, with the coaches having the control they've been given on draft day, it's probably for the better.

We have some pretty decent young talent on the D side of the ball now. If Herm can draft some decent O players as well, we're on our way.

I'd much rather see some growth towards the future and a 6-10 season than another status quo season and a 20-32 draft pick.

But hey, that's WAY too optimistic for this place, please continue with the Chicken Little outlooks......

chuxtrux
08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
We are so bad we are going to start out minus 16, and when we lose games it will be a double negative and we will be undefeated. Nobody will see it coming

HemiEd
08-24-2007, 09:24 PM
The Chiefs have not put up a solid, consistent, position that they are rebuilding. If so, why the long contract for Tony? Why bring back Donnie Edwards etc. etc.?

WTF are they doing? I am not sure anyone knows. It is a mixed bag. If they continue to put this product on the field, with Solari and Herm in place, we may be drafting top 5 next year.

I ****ing hate the thought of it. I miss Al Saunders and Dick Vermeil.

boogblaster
08-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Herm said.."we play to win the damn game" Ill go with that ....

08-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Just for once, I would rather us not get to the 6-9 area. 5 or fewer and make a run next year. Lets get through the growing pains.

Frazod
08-24-2007, 11:56 PM
If we're going to suck, I hope we all out suck, not half ass suck. There is nothing worse than barely missing the playoffs but ending up with a shitty draft pick anyway. Seems like we do it nearly every damn year, too.

The worst part will be paying a fortune for Sunday Ticket when the team is barely watchable.

And I certainly hope we don't have to suck as long as San Diego sucked. :grr:

Bugeater
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I didn't have high expectations to start with. As long as we finish better than the Raiders I'll be ok with whatever happens.

dtebbe
08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Let's just say I'm really glad all my tickets are sold!

DT

08-25-2007, 12:22 AM
If we're going to suck, I hope we all out suck, not half ass suck. There is nothing worse than barely missing the playoffs but ending up with a shitty draft pick anyway. Seems like we do it nearly every damn year, too.

The worst part will be paying a fortune for Sunday Ticket when the team is barely watchable.

And I certainly hope we don't have to suck as long as San Diego sucked. :grr:

or as longs as the Chiefs sucked from 73-88

kregger
08-25-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm putting down 6 wins. 1-7 road, 5-3 home.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 01:12 AM
This is talent wise a 7 to 8 win, but I say 10 wins bc of the Arrowhead advantage and we got 3 easy road games at Houston, Oakland, and Detroit. I really think we upgraded with youth at several positions ie WR, DT, and S.

I say this is a more talented roster than any of the Vermail era teams sans the offensive line. Most balanced Chiefs team in a long time.

08-25-2007, 01:14 AM
This is talent wise a 7 to 8 win, but I say 10 wins bc of the Arrowhead advantage and we got 3 easy road games at Houston, Oakland, and Detroit. I really think we upgraded with youth at several positions ie WR, DT, and S.

I say this is a more talented roster than any of the Vermail era teams sans the offensive line. Most balanced Chiefs team in a long time.

We will lose to Detroit.

RedThat
08-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Im not gonna go out on a limb and predict their record. It's to early to tell, we're still in the pre-season.

I am not expecting a good offense though.