PDA

View Full Version : People who want Carl gone

kstater
08-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Who would you hire to replace Carl?

And what should they do to "fix" the team?

ChiefsfaninPA
08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Me. And I would then hire all the braintrusts here on chiefsplanet and we would never lose a game. EVER.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Who's gonna be the dipshit who says "throw a shitload of money at Scott Pioli?"

Or say "Bill Cowher" for coach?

Nevermind that Cowher was under contract at the time and Pioli is completely unrealistic......

the Talking Can
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
i'd hire a team of squirrels....ground squirrels

Priest4Prez
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Mark Cuban or an acutal cuban

kstater
08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
IF Carl were to be gone, I'd go after Floyd Reese. Guy knows talent, and has done well with the cap.
And he's available. :)

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 08:54 PM
MATT MILLEN!!!

RealSNR
08-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Alan Greenspan.

kstater
08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
MATT MILLEN!!!

We've already drafted a WR. Maybe we could draft another, but we don't need 10.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Ron Wolf

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
At this point I don't think we could go wrong with Dick Enberg.

Nzoner
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Or say "Bill Cowher" for coach?

I was thinking Parcells,I really don't believe he was ready to step down but he'd had enough of the TO circus

chuxtrux
08-24-2007, 09:12 PM
wonderkid Jack Steadman. He's my little dude and the real deal

Deberg_1990
08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Bill Polian would be a nice steal....

kcchiefsus
08-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Let Bill Kuharich take over as the GM. Find somebody else to handle the business side of things.

ptlyon
08-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Gary Coleman needs work.

Priest4Prez
08-24-2007, 09:35 PM
MATT MILLEN!!!
ROFL he's awesome

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Who is the hottest young gm prospect in the league?

88TG88
08-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Mike Garrett

Bob Dole
08-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Vince Lombardi

Logical
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Mike GarrettActually I like this choice.

DaneMcCloud
08-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Who is the hottest young gm prospect in the league?

My brother, Wane McCloud.

Bob Dole
08-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Who would you hire to replace Carl?

Someone with a waist?

milkman
08-25-2007, 06:53 AM
I get the feeling that kstater is trying to make a point here, which would be that if you can't name a realistic replacement, then you should just shut the **** up.

That's just a guess, so I could be wrong.

But if I'm right, then I would say **** off, dipshit.

Personnel people in the NFL don't gain a lot of notoriety, but that doesn't mean there aren't qualified candidates available.

No one ever heard of the Polian, Pioli, Reese, etc, before they were put into their positions.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Everything Steve Forbes touches turns to gold.

Hire Steve Forbes.

HemiEd
08-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I am not a Carl hater, but I am growing tired of some things. Most recently, hiring another friend as a Coach, without a thorough search. I have no idea who to replace him with, it is not my job to know.

hawkchief
08-25-2007, 09:30 AM
How about someone who hasn't already had 18 years without producing a winner in KC. That would be fine with me, for starters.

Coogs
08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Mike Garrett

Wasn't it Garrett that lured Paul Hackett away from his job as Chiefs OC to be the HC at USC?

Rick
08-25-2007, 09:49 AM
I am not a Carl hater, but I am growing tired of some things. Most recently, hiring another friend as a Coach, without a thorough search. I have no idea who to replace him with, it is not my job to know.

You just saved me writing my response. How ' bout someone who would have a good offensive AND defensive philosophy???

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Everything Steve Forbes touches turns to gold.

Hire Steve Forbes.
Plus you get that musky, Victor Mature-like scent.

Oh yeah! Teve Torbes had it goin' on.

Skip Towne
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Actually I like this choice.
I'd rather have Gale Sayers.

Crashride
08-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Bea Arthur

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Blade

gblowfish
08-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Tony Soprano.
Oh wait...
He's already GM.

bringbackmarty
08-25-2007, 10:47 AM
marty, or donald rumsfeld.

LOCOChief
08-25-2007, 10:49 AM
He did just negotiate a hell of a deal with LJ, that's a pretty good bargain IMO.

Crashride
08-25-2007, 10:49 AM
brodie croyles wife

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 10:51 AM
happens everytime

anyone who is thinks it's time to move on from Carl better have names/dates and a complete plan for removing Carl or it invalidates every opinion they have about him.

silly .....

CoMoChief
08-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Marty

OnTheWarpath15
08-25-2007, 11:10 AM
happens everytime

anyone who is thinks it's time to move on from Carl better have names/dates and a complete plan for removing Carl or it invalidates every opinion they have about him.

silly .....

I don't think anyone is trying to "invalidate" anyone's opinion about Carl, Laz. I think it's more an issue of asking people to back up their argument.

I just think some of us would like the conversation to be more in depth and realistic. Just a good strategy session. The solid football takes are slowing becoming extinct around here.

Is it wrong to ask people what THEY would do?

People want to fire CP. Fine. But then he has to be replaced. I don't think asking for legitimate and realistic suggestions is out of bounds.

Same with Herm. People hate Herm, but why is it wrong to ask WHO they would have hired instead?

I'd love to see a thread where all the Herm backers and Herm haters got together and DISCUSSED what other REALISTIC options there were at the time. But it doesn't happen, because a good chunk of the haters have NO SOLUTION whatsoever. They just want them gone. They are just bitching to bitch.

Either way, it doesn't change anything, but it stimulates some legitimate football conversation. I don't see the problem with that......

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 11:16 AM
happens everytime

silly .....

I'm still trying to find someone who DOESN'T think it's time for Carl to move on.

Even the most die-hard of homers here thinks Carl's tenure has run its course.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't think anyone is trying to "invalidate" anyone's opinion about Carl, Laz. I think it's more an issue of asking people to back up their argument.

I just think some of us would like the conversation to be more in depth and realistic. Just a good strategy session. The solid football takes are slowing becoming extinct around here.

People want to fire CP. Fine. But then he has to be replaced. I don't think asking for legitimate and realistic suggestions is out of bounds.

Same with Herm. People hate Herm, but why is it wrong to ask WHO they would have hired instead?

I'd love to see a thread where all the Herm backers and Herm haters got together and DISCUSSED what other REALISTIC options there were at the time. But it doesn't happen, because a good chunk of the haters have NO SOLUTION whatsoever. They just want them gone. They are just bitching to bitch.

Either way, it doesn't change anything, but it stimulates some legitimate football conversation. I don't see the problem with that......
i know ..... but people have thrown out name many,many times before.

it takes work to really find viable candidates and figure out how to do it.

it takes no work to just sit there and say "you don't like carl ... what ya gonna do then?"

it's like a big law firm winning a case by throwing paper at the opposition. They didn't really win, they just made the other guy work harder than it was worth.

how about a comprehensive plan on why the Chiefs should keep Carl.

let's see the carl apologists work their ass off for a change.

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 11:18 AM

The problem is that SEVERAL of us have offered our opinions on the subject before, and some realistic ones to boot. For instance, I wanted Mark Trgovac for head coach when Herm was hired.

Every time this topic comes up, people DO offer solutions. And the person that started the thread (in this case, kstater) is not around to hear it. So they come back 6 months later and pull the same shit.

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm still trying to find someone who DOESN'T think it's time for Carl to move on.

Even the most die-hard of homers here thinks Carl's tenure has run its course.
it is ....... it's time for him to move upstairs and bring in fresh blood for the football part of the operation.

Carl as VP
new guy as GM

let the new GM hire all new guys

i think it's probably time for Chuck cook to go as well

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
The problem is that SEVERAL of us have offered our opinions on the subject before, and some realistic ones to boot. For instance, I wanted Mark Trgovac for head coach when Herm was hired.

Every time this topic comes up, people DO offer solutions. And the person that started the thread (in this case, kstater) is not around to hear it. So they come back 6 months later and pull the same shit.
exactly :clap:

that what i was trying to say

Reerun_KC
08-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Marty

:Lin:

how pathetic....

OnTheWarpath15
08-25-2007, 11:29 AM
i know ..... but people have thrown out name many,many times before.

it takes work to really find viable candidates and figure out how to do it.

it takes no work to just sit there and say "you don't like carl ... what ya gonna do then"

it's like a big law firm winning a case by throwing paper at the opposition. They didn't really win, they just made the other guy work harder than it was worth.

how about a comprehensive plan on why the Chiefs should keep Carl.

let's see the carl apologists work their ass off for a change.

For the record, I'm ready for Carl to hit the road.

However, I know that he's not going anywhere until his current contract expires. Which is what, this year plus 2 more?

Same with Herm. He could go 3-13 the next 2 years and probably still be allowed to finish out his contract. Personally, I'm OK with that. If anything, he will have stocked the cupboard for the next coach to come in and inherit some young talent.

The Carl haters can say the same thing over and over:

He's on year 18 of his plan with no SB win or appearance. He sucks

The Carl apologists can say the same thing over and over:

The Chiefs have had only 4 losing seasons since Carl took over, and have not lost more than 6 games in a season since he took over. He's successful.

And they are BOTH right.

OnTheWarpath15
08-25-2007, 11:32 AM

I know, and trust me, what I said wasn't directed at you, and I figured you knew that.

You're right, SOME people have offered suggestions/solutions.

But you have to admit, MOST do/have not.

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
happens everytime

silly .....
But you have to recognize that 'xx sucks' is the easiest and most overused form of analysis across the spectrum.
From music to movies to politics to sports, the interwebs is filled with armadas of folks who'll tell you what sucks. It's the cheap and easy way of establishing "I care, I'm passionate, and I'm disappointed at present."
Is it so inconceivable to request a little more from time to time?

Otter
08-25-2007, 11:52 AM
There's a pub down the street that I frequent because I could walk there, it's relatively quiet, has the NFL ticket and the beer on tap is all good micro brews.

The owner/manager is a raging, psycho bitch to work for however and it's lost a lot of good bartenders that I liked to shoot the breeze with on Sunday afternoons because of her management style.

I'm not sure who I'd replace her with because it's not my job and doing the research would be a waste of time because my opinion holds no weight in the outcome.

None of that changes the fact that the place would be a whole lot better off with a new manager.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 11:55 AM
it doesn't matter who replaces Carl...he's had more time than any GM deserves to get to a superbowl...give someone else a shot...anyone, literally....

Skip Towne
08-25-2007, 12:10 PM
:Lin:

how pathetic....
Would you get in an airplane with this guy?

Mr. Laz
08-25-2007, 12:11 PM
But you have to recognize that 'xx sucks' is the easiest and most overused form of analysis across the spectrum.
From music to movies to politics to sports, the interwebs is filled with armadas of folks who'll tell you what sucks. It's the cheap and easy way of establishing "I care, I'm passionate, and I'm disappointed at present."
Is it so inconceivable to request a little more from time to time?

Baby Lee
08-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh, so when you said "anyone who is thinks it's time to move on from Carl better have names/dates and a complete plan for removing Carl or it invalidates every opinion they have about him," that's what you really meant. ;)

Rain Man
08-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd hire someone who hasn't proven that they can't get us to the Super Bowl.

KC Jones
08-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd hire someone who hasn't proven that they can't get us to the Super Bowl.

ROFL

Second me for this sentiment.