PDA

View Full Version : So, I skipped over LJ...

Buck
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I had the 3rd pick in my live in person fantasy draft tonight (first time ive ever done one of these in person).

I had the 3rd pick and the 1st 2 picks were

1. LT
2. Steven Jackson

And with the 3rd pick I skipped over LJ.

I don't really know if I should say who I picked because I will probably get rocked, but here it is...

Frank Gore.

Thoughts anybody?

Bowser
08-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Looser retart.

luv
08-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Not a bad pick. I don't think LJ will put up as many FFL points as he did last year, but I don't think I would have skipped over him. Frank Gore will be good though.

Buehler445
08-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Didnt he just get sidelined for like 6 weeks due to a broken hand or soemthing? Not trying to be a jerk, but I thought I heard that on the news.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Fantasy Rule #47

If ESPN sucks off a guy ie like they have been with Gore, thou shall not take him.

Buck
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Heres my whole team by the way...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/FantasyTeam.jpg

Buck
08-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Didnt he just get sidelined for like 6 weeks due to a broken hand or soemthing? Not trying to be a jerk, but I thought I heard that on the news.

No problem, I'm pretty sure he'll be in there week 1.

Hootie
08-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Ouch. That's not a very good team.

Buehler445
08-25-2007, 12:57 AM
No problem, I'm pretty sure he'll be in there week 1.

I think the number I heard was 6 weeks, which would exclude him from week 1. Does your site have an injury report?

HolmeZz
08-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Henderson and Furrey will probably be non-factors this year. Furrey because he won't see the ball; Henderson because I don't see him breaking out.

Buck
08-25-2007, 12:58 AM
I think the number I heard was 6 weeks, which would exclude him from week 1. Does your site have an injury report?

Well, I checked his injury report and at first he was going to play the last preseason game, but his first game wont be til week 1 vs. the cardinals.

Buck
08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Henderson and Furrey will probably be non-factors this year. Furrey because he won't see the ball enough. Henderson because I don't see him breaking out.

I think Furrey will have plenty of receptions this year and Devery henderson too...They both play in the NFC too, if that means anything.

Buehler445
08-25-2007, 12:59 AM
Well, I checked his injury report and at first he was going to play the last preseason game, but his first game wont be til week 1 vs. the cardinals.

Well, hopefully he is ready. It may have been the first couple weeks of Training Camp that it happened. I really can't remember. Good luck!

HolmeZz
08-25-2007, 01:01 AM
I think Furrey will have plenty of receptions this year and Devery henderson too...

Who is Furrey taking balls away from? Roy or Calvin?

They both play in the NFC too, if that means anything.

Really doesn't.

Logical
08-25-2007, 01:01 AM
I had the 3rd pick in my live in person fantasy draft tonight (first time ive ever done one of these in person).

I had the 3rd pick and the 1st 2 picks were

1. LT
2. Steven Jackson

And with the 3rd pick I skipped over LJ.

I don't really know if I should say who I picked because I will probably get rocked, but here it is...

Frank Gore.

Thoughts anybody?

I think you made the right choice, the choice I would have made. I assume you are in a point per reception league.

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:02 AM
Who is Furrey taking balls away from? Roy or Calvin?

Really doesn't.

Calvin Johnson isnt going to be that great this year.

Why the hell would they all of the sudden stop throwing to one of their best WRs from last year?

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Furrey is going to be the Ricky Prohel or Az Hakim role for Detroit. I dont think I would have spent a fantasy spot on either one of them.

Bugeater
08-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Your and idiot. And I am trying to be a jerk.

:)

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Furrey is going to be the Ricky Prohel or Az Hakim role for Detroit. I dont think I would have spent a fantasy spot on either one of them.

I got him in the 10th round or something like that.

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:06 AM
By the way, we ****ed up and thought we were only supposed to have 14 picks, but it was 15, so we each got a scrub, thats why I got PK Sam

HolmeZz
Calvin Johnson isnt going to be that great this year.

Probably not a huge fantasy year, but he'll put up better numbers than Furrey and he will severley cut into Furrey's production.

Why the hell would they all of the sudden stop throwing to one of their best WRs from last year?

Because they have two receivers on their roster better than him.

ChiefsCountry
I got him in the 10th round or something like that.

You got him starting though, start Chambers or Stallworth. It would be more worth your time IMO.

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:07 AM
You got him starting though, start Chambers or Stallworth. It would be more worth your time IMO.

I haven't decided on the starting lineup yet.

Det plays Oak week 1 I believe, so I wont be starting Furrey.

luv
08-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Your and idiot. And I am trying to be a jerk.

:)
Since when do you have to try? :p

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Also, Shayne Graham, Neil Rackers, Jason Elam, Jason Hanson, and Gotskowski are available @ kicker, I dont know why the hell I chose Bryant, but he will be gone once those guys clear waivers.

luv
08-25-2007, 01:11 AM
Also, Shayne Graham, Neil Rackers, Jason Elam, Jason Hanson, and Gotskowski are available @ kicker, I dont know why the hell I chose Bryant, but he will be gone once those guys clear waivers.
I had Elam and Kaeding last year.

Bugeater
08-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Since when do you have to try? :p
Are you saying I'm a jerk all of the time? I haven't been giving myself enough credit then.

ChiefsCountry
08-25-2007, 01:13 AM

Dang I would add Graham or Gotskowski, you know that Cincy and NE will put up points.

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Dang I would add Graham or Gotskowski, you know that Cincy and NE will put up points.

Either way, after waivers clear, I will have a better Kicker.

Bob Dole
08-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Medlock will be KC's leading scorer this year. You should have taken him.

08-25-2007, 01:29 AM

Well, he will have several attempts.

luv
08-25-2007, 01:36 AM
You don't get points for attempts.

HolmeZz
08-25-2007, 01:37 AM

hey-oooooooooooooo

Bob Dole
08-25-2007, 01:42 AM
And in this offense, if he only makes 40% of his attempts, he'll be the leading scorer.

What's your point?

stumppy
08-25-2007, 01:47 AM
So, you passed up LJ. You drafted Furrey and Bryant.

Come clean. Lets see your entire team.

luv
08-25-2007, 01:47 AM
And in this offense, if he only makes 40% of his attempts, he'll be the leading scorer.

What's your point?
I now see yours.

Buck
08-25-2007, 01:48 AM
So, you passed up LJ. You drafted Furrey and Bryant.

Come clean. Lets see your entire team.

Read the whole thread

DJay23
08-25-2007, 02:04 AM
To be fair, I would need to see the order you drafted that team in, but stepping back, i kind of wish you were in one of my two leagues. Of course I could be wrong, but I think you're gonna struggle this year, mostly because you only look to have one solid starter in my eyes and that's Baltimore's D.

Kitna has been getting jerked off all preseason, but you know he'll turn the ball over just as much as he'll throw TD's (I'm assuming y ou'd start Kitna over Leinart, at least at first anyway). I don't like Gore that early in the first. I may have reached for Addai at 3, but not Gore. He has a track record of getting hurt and I'm not sold on San Fran's chances this year either. It looks like you were a good boy and followed your cheat sheets advice on that one, but I have to think the top 3 picks are locks this year unless you are in a league with some crazy scoring rules. The guy picking behind you probably ran over and gave you a big wet lickery kiss on the lips after that pick.

Your receivers don't look all that tough either, at least they don't scare me. I'd really like to see what your draft strategy going in was. Did you go RB-RB? RB-WR? RB-QB? A lot of what happens after round 3 is dictated by what's going on, but at least you should have some idea what you want in rounds 1 and 2 going in.

Of course having said all this, Gore will be league MVP, Kitna will lead the Lions to the playoffs and you'll win your league, so who knows.

Buck
08-25-2007, 02:10 AM
To be fair, I would need to see the order you drafted that team in, but stepping back, i kind of wish you were in one of my two leagues. Of course I could be wrong, but I think you're gonna struggle this year, mostly because you only look to have one solid starter in my eyes and that's Baltimore's D.

Kitna has been getting jerked off all preseason, but you know he'll turn the ball over just as much as he'll throw TD's (I'm assuming y ou'd start Kitna over Leinart, at least at first anyway). I don't like Gore that early in the first. I may have reached for Addai at 3, but not Gore. He has a track record of getting hurt and I'm not sold on San Fran's chances this year either. It looks like you were a good boy and followed your cheat sheets advice on that one, but I have to think the top 3 picks are locks this year unless you are in a league with some crazy scoring rules. The guy picking behind you probably ran over and gave you a big wet lickery kiss on the lips after that pick.

Your receivers don't look all that tough either, at least they don't scare me. I'd really like to see what your draft strategy going in was. Did you go RB-RB? RB-WR? RB-QB? A lot of what happens after round 3 is dictated by what's going on, but at least you should have some idea what you want in rounds 1 and 2 going in.

Of course having said all this, Gore will be league MVP, Kitna will lead the Lions to the playoffs and you'll win your league, so who knows.

If I remember correctly I drafted in this order

1. Gore
2. Jones-Drew
3. Leinart (believe it or not, he was the best available QB at this point)
4. Boldin
5. Baltimore D
6. Dallas Clark
7. Furrey
8. McGahee
9. Kitna
10. Chambers
11. Devery Henderson
12. Tatum Bell
13. Stallworth
14. Bryant

DJay23
08-25-2007, 06:39 AM

1. Gore
2. Jones-Drew
4. Boldin
5. Baltimore D
6. Dallas Clark
7. Furrey
8. McGahee
9. Kitna
10. Chambers
11. Devery Henderson
12. Tatum Bell
13. Stallworth
14. Bryant
I'm surprised Kitna lasted till the 9th. He's rated pretty high everywhere I look and a lot of people are stroking his potential this year. I like McGahee in the 8th, I think Furrey, Leinart, and Clark are WAY too early, and I still don't like Gore so early, but other than that, meh you had an ok draft IMO.

Nzoner
08-25-2007, 07:48 AM
8. McGahee

Amazing that he would be left in the 8th with some of those other names ahead of him.

As for your move I'm looking at being in the same boat today when I host one of my leagues drafts in the gameroom.I've got the 4th pick and I'm really thinking LJ is going to fall to me but I just don't think I can pull the trigger.Hopefully,he'll be gone and I won't have to make that decision.

donkhater
08-25-2007, 07:54 AM

1. Gore
2. Jones-Drew
4. Boldin
5. Baltimore D
6. Dallas Clark
7. Furrey
8. McGahee
9. Kitna
10. Chambers
11. Devery Henderson
12. Tatum Bell
13. Stallworth
14. Bryant
Funny, I have Kitna and Leinart, too, but I took them in reverse order.

I was fortunate enough to get the first pick (the first time in 12 years of playing FFootball). We have a 10-man league and start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, D/ST. I think I did pretty well.

QB Kitna, Lienart
RB Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Marshawn Lynch
WR Steve Smith, Terrell Owens, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes
TE Alge Crumpler
K-
Defense-Chicago

We have three picks left. I'll take a kicker and probably Mike Bell and Michael Turner.

DaKCMan AP
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
How the hell did McGahee last until the 8th round?

patteeu
08-25-2007, 08:31 AM

1. Gore
2. Jones-Drew
4. Boldin
5. Baltimore D
6. Dallas Clark
7. Furrey
8. McGahee
9. Kitna
10. Chambers
11. Devery Henderson
12. Tatum Bell
13. Stallworth
14. Bryant

How did McGahee fall to the 8th round? Does he have an injury that I don't know about or has he dropped on the depth chart? I haven't really looked into it, but I was thinking McGahee would be pretty solid this year behind a better offensive line. Am I missing something?

htismaqe
08-25-2007, 08:49 AM
I like it. I hope everybody devalues LJ.

It will make it all the more sweet when he rushes for 2200 yards and 32 TD's.

Buehler445
08-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I like it. I hope everybody devalues LJ.

It will make it all the more sweet when he rushes for 2200 yards and 32 TD's.

ME TOO! :)

KCwolf
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM
I think You have a solid group of RB's and 2 decent QB's.....Grade B.....upgrade WR and K position thru FA

Buck
08-25-2007, 10:59 AM
How the hell did McGahee last until the 8th round?

Thats what I want to know. I was sitting there and his named popped into my head and I was thinking "how the hell has nobody picked him yet."

I think I have a really strong RB core, and thats what I wanted to draft this year, plus I took the Ravens D earlier than I've ever taken a Def before, but they should get me some good points hopefully.

This is in a roto league by the way, I dont know why we're doing one of those, it will be my first time.