PDA

View Full Version : QB Rotation in 4th Preseason game

runnercyclist
08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Is Huard healthy enough to play?

How long will he?

Will Brodie play the balance of the game? What if he is brilliant and Huard stinks?

This should be interesting...

Cjanz
08-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Hopefully he is brilliant and Huard is full of suck. No offense to Huard, but I want to see Croyle out there instead of Huard.

the Talking Can
08-25-2007, 03:21 PM
there is no reason to play Croyle...he might get injured

pikesome
08-25-2007, 03:23 PM
there is no reason to play Croyle...he might get injured

Or get some experience. Can't have that.

runnercyclist
08-25-2007, 04:00 PM
But seriously folks. What do you think the rotation and playing time will be?

orange
08-25-2007, 04:33 PM
They really need to give Casey Printers more of an opportunity to show what he has. He's been lightyears better than Croyle this year - he has the look of KC's QBOTF if anyone has.

tk13
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Q: Will Damon play Thursday night [vs. St. Louis.]?

EDWARDS: “Probably not and if Brodie plays it will be a little bit. I haven’t decided how much the starters are going to play, but I’ll assume they’ll play some and then we’ll get them out of there very quickly.”

Q: So Damon’s leg…

EDWARDS: “Oh, he could play but I’m not going to play him. Probably let Brodie play and gain some more experience. Damon’s played a lot of football. It’s like last year. Think about Damon last year in the pre-season. He played 18 plays. He played 18 snaps. He’s played 23 already this year so he’s way ahead this season. So, let’s not get this thing…at the end it was Casey Printers who was our quarterback through the whole pre-season. We lose sight of that sometime. There’s a method to the madness. There always is. It doesn’t seem like it at times but, believe me, there’s a method to how we’re trying to do it and how we’re trying to do it.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/25/qa_with_herm_edwards__825/

TrebMaxx
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Call me crazy, but I would really like to see what Jeff Terrel can do against better talent. He sure did look like a good QB against the Saints scrubs. Quick release, accurate. Seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing. Heck, I know he is out of Princeton and played in the Ivy league but his college stats are fairly impressive.

2006: Started all 10 games, leading Princeton to the Ivy League Championship with a 9-1 record … Received the Bushnell Cup as league MVP … Completed 109 of 195 passes for 2,445 yards with 17 TDs and 11 INTs for an efficiency of 131.26 … Ran for 272 yards on 106 carries with four TDs … Posted a career-high 164.4 rating when he threw for a personal-best 445 yards on 32-of-47 passing with three TDs in a win vs. Yale.

2005: Started all 10 games, leading the Tigers to a 7-3 record … Completed 139 of 253 passes for 1,721 yards with 10 TDs and 13 INTs for a 114.9 passer rating … Also rushed 85 times for 321 yards and five touchdowns … Threw for 186 yards and rushed for two TDs in his first Ivy League start.

runnercyclist
08-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Will Damon play Thursday night [vs. St. Louis.]?

EDWARDS: “Probably not and if Brodie plays it will be a little bit. I haven’t decided how much the starters are going to play, but I’ll assume they’ll play some and then we’ll get them out of there very quickly.”

Q: So Damon’s leg…

EDWARDS: “Oh, he could play but I’m not going to play him. Probably let Brodie play and gain some more experience. Damon’s played a lot of football. It’s like last year. Think about Damon last year in the pre-season. He played 18 plays. He played 18 snaps. He’s played 23 already this year so he’s way ahead this season. So, let’s not get this thing…at the end it was Casey Printers who was our quarterback through the whole pre-season. We lose sight of that sometime. There’s a method to the madness. There always is. It doesn’t seem like it at times but, believe me, there’s a method to how we’re trying to do it and how we’re trying to do it.”

There is? I've not seen it in two years. I've seen the madness, for sure.

Direckshun
08-26-2007, 09:59 AM
I just laugh imagining Jeff Terrell dancing behind the line of scrimmage to avoid the deadly Yale defensive line.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
his college stats are fairly impressive.

According to Football Outsiders, the two most important college stats for predicting NFL success are college starts (need 30+) and completion percentage (60%+ is considered good). Terrell's college stats (20 starts and 55% completion percentage against weak Ivy League competition) would make him a huge long shot.

Cjanz
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
They really need to give Casey Printers more of an opportunity to show what he has. He's been lightyears better than Croyle this year - he has the look of KC's QBOTF if anyone has.

Printers is alright, but is also inconsistant. Croyle is the better bet, although if we did end up using Printers, I would have confidence in him.

Chiefspants
08-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Printers just needs to learn how to hold on to the ball, if he could do that, I'm thinking we would all be talking him up right now.

Carlota69
08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Life has been incredibly busy lately--when do we play again? And this would be for the Govenors cup, right?

Stewie
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I think Huard will see at least one half of play. I'd like to see Printers get some work, too. Croyle will probably get at least a quarter.

kstater
08-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Life has been incredibly busy lately--when do we play again? And this would be for the Govenors cup, right?

Play St. Louis thursday. Apparently there has been some disagreements about who the starting QB should be.

Mr. Laz
08-26-2007, 10:31 AM
both Huard and Printers are hurt ......

so looks to be alot of Croyle and terrell

teedubya
08-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Terrell! Terrell! Terrell!