PDA

View Full Version : This is so painful I have to share it.

Direckshun
08-26-2007, 12:01 AM
The Chiefs' offensive stats through three preseason games, and their respective ranks throughout the NFL.

9.7 points per game (32nd in the league).

212.7 yards of total offense per game (32nd in the league).

144.7 yards of passing per game (29th in the league).

68.3 yards of rushing per game (28th in the league).

At this point, I'd like to remind you folks that there are, last time I checked, 32 teams in the NFL.

Jesus.

luv
08-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Anyway to break that down by QB?

Chiefspants
Definitely a bad start...

unothadeal
If you click the sort button twice, we're first!

Direckshun
08-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Our defense has allowed:

19.0 points per game (16th).

357.3 yards of total offense per game (28th).

216.7 yards of passing per game (23rd).

140.7 yards of rushing per game (30th).

Typical Cover 2 stats. Nasty in yardage, but decent in points.

elvomito
08-26-2007, 12:16 AM
most of the few successful pass plays i can remember had presnap movement to help create mismatches. the last one i remember was bowe makin a nice catch with good yac.

perhaps they are so paranoid about staying "vanilla" and hiding their plays, that they would run 95% basic, with no fancy crap? please, soliar, tell me this isn't the touted, simplified offense that we'll see. (yeah, i know it can't be)

Frazod
08-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Our defense has allowed:

19.0 points per game (16th).

357.3 yards of total offense per game (28th).

216.7 yards of passing per game (23rd).

140.7 yards of rushing per game (30th).

Typical Cover 2 stats. Nasty in yardage, but decent in points.

Also typical of a defense that's being endlessly thrown to the crows by an anemic offense. :shake:

Darkwolfe
08-26-2007, 01:22 AM
See my sig.. I'm being stubborn.

Bob Dole
08-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Also typical of a defense that's being endlessly thrown to the crows by an anemic offense. :shake:

What? Expecting them to play 45 of the 60 minutes isn't reasonable?

LiL stumppy
08-26-2007, 04:27 AM
What? Expecting them to play 45 of the 60 minutes isn't reasonable?

They should know that going in.

stumppy
08-26-2007, 04:28 AM

DOH !!!

The little bastaige forgot to log off.

Bob Dole
08-26-2007, 04:32 AM

Exactly! Lazy fatasses should work to get in better shape!

Chan93lx50
08-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Yep! we will never get it right, now our defense is better and our offense sucks!

TEX
08-26-2007, 05:19 AM
Yep! we will never get it right, now our defense is better and our offense sucks!

Gotta love Herm's vision... :shake:

Problem is our defense isn't that great to make up for the offense and it's gonna be on the field soooooooo long, it too will $uck.

Bob Dole
08-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Gotta love Herm's vision... :shake:

Problem is our defense isn't that great to make up for the offense and it's gonna be on the field soooooooo long, it too will $uck.

Bob Dole can't seem to get a firm grasp on Herm's vision.

It seems that he's content to play the "field position" game on offense, but as someone else pointed out, that doesn't fit well with the "bend but don't break" defensive scheme. 11 plays at 8 yards per play is still 88 yards, just like 1x88, and multiple 11 play drives put our defense on the field a long, long time.

And when we repeatedly drive down and accept 3 (or nothing) because we're not willing to take any risks, it only takes 1 or 2 missed assignments by the defense or special teams to put us on the losing end of the score.

It just seems too obvious that Herm is the fruit of the Marty coaching tree, and we all know where that leaves us in the end.

TEX
08-26-2007, 05:46 AM

It seems that he's content to play the "field position" game on offense, but as someone else pointed out, that doesn't fit well with the "bend but don't break" defensive scheme. 11 plays at 8 yards per play is still 88 yards, just like 1x88, and multiple 11 play drives put our defense on the field a long, long time.

And when we repeatedly drive down and accept 3 (or nothing) because we're not willing to take any risks, it only takes 1 or 2 missed assignments by the defense or special teams to put us on the losing end of the score.

It just seems too obvious that Herm is the fruit of the Marty coaching tree, and we all know where that leaves us in the end.

Very well said! Problem is Herm's more conservative then Marty. Marty was smarter and a much better at X's and O's. Something to consider - Cowher, Dungy, Smith, are all part of the same tree, we got the retard.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 06:04 AM

Yep. And it's a ****ing lemon tree at that...

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 06:44 AM

It seems that he's content to play the "field position" game on offense, but as someone else pointed out, that doesn't fit well with the "bend but don't break" defensive scheme.

it's too early in the morning for me to deal with this...I need someone to tell me Herm's a genious, or at least genie...or a gerbil...

NUMBER7
08-26-2007, 06:56 AM
CP is the perfect puppetmaster "Carlpeto" and Herm's nose is growing everyday.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 08:32 AM

Yep. Herm always wants the game to be decided in the 4th quarter. It's like style points to him.