PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Bitchen

Chiefs=Champions
08-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Firstly I am by no means happy with our preseason showing, however it’s PRESEASON.
People on this board are already throwing KC’s chances out the window, and are asking for Solari, Herm, and Carl’s heads or any player who has happened to make a bad play during the PRESEASON. In other words were getting too paranoid and angry basically about very little. Shore its ok to be a little worried about a couple of things we’ve seen, but jez the season hasn’t even started yet at least wait till the first game to make judgments on this team. I myself have been guilty of worrying about certain aspects, such as the offensive play calling but Herm has stated a couple of times that when the regular season starts we will be doing a lot more than we have been doing in the preseason. Plus we’ve been playing without our best offensive player in LJ and our starting left tackle, but still people believe that we will be no better when we open at Houston. It also seems that people are not seeing the positives, such as the obvious improvement in the defense. And I for one am prepared to have an average to below average offense in return for a top 10 defense which I think ours will be. But the thing that gets me the most is the bagging of Herm. We are much, much better of with him than we ever were with Dick, evident by the post season action we had last year (as much of a failure it may have been), and as herm said don’t get it twisted we won to get in, and as lucky as we were we did what we had to do to get in. This is a team heading in the right direction how long it takes is to be seen, but please don’t throw the season under the bus just yet its only PRESEASON.

Bob Dole
08-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Houston looked pretty good in their preseason game against Dallas.

burt
08-26-2007, 07:20 AM
I do have concerns, but it IS preseason. I have said it before, I wish I had a preseason in my job, to eliminate stupid mistakes. But the real issue is how bad the vets look. Still only concerned. That said, I don't want "the head" of any coach or player, we just looked bad, and I have concerns. I also have NOT given up on our season. We will play to our strengths and shy away from our weaknesses(which this preseason illuminates many).

tmax63
08-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Teams that lose in the preseason generally do good in the regular season. Check Indy's preseason record. Losing teams play to win in the preseason to try and establish a winning attitude. Preseason is an evaluation time and some coaches and teams - especially those undergoing big changes have alot to look at to be able to make choices come cut-down time. Am I disappointed in the Chiefs so far, yes but the real record is 0-0 right now and will be until we play the Texans. And I'm glad to see HE has the cajones to start DH even though almost everybody here thinks it's the wrong thing to do. Croyle has come along way from last year but he still needs to watch and learn and the Chiefs don't want to completely throw away the season. Some of you here would enjoy them doing that but I'm not one of them. I see HE rebuilding this team and staying competitive. That is harder than playing for the future. IMO they have spent their money wisely. They don't have problems with the salary cap, they signed LJ and all the picks and are in position to be able to work on JA in the coming months/year and still be able to participate in FA next year. As far as Croyle goes, he has been evaluated and he's not ready to start week 1. But I'd bet they know what they got in him and if he is the QBOTF or not. Anyway you look at it, it has been a productive offseason and preseason. Everybody wants to win it all right now but that only happens for 1 team and for 31 it doesn't. The Chiefs are overdue. I still think they are finally on the right track and though probably not this year then in the next few. And the folks who demand a coaching change every 2-3 years or less simply because they didn't win it all are only slowing down the train. It took Cowher 15 years to get to and win a SB.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Chiefs are overdue.

No, they're not.

After 18 years, it's painfully obvious that it isn't about statistical probabilities.

Bugeater
08-26-2007, 08:50 AM
This is a team heading in the right direction how long it takes is to be seen...
I still think they are finally on the right track and though probably not this year then in the next few.
Ahh...blind homerism. Carl loves you guys.

And the folks who demand a coaching change every 2-3 years or less simply because they didn't win it all are only slowing down the train.
That's just an asinine statement. Nobody here has called for anyone's head because we didn't "win it all". You are aware that we haven't won a playoff game for over a decade, aren't you?

It took Cowher 15 years to get to and win a SB.
Wrong. He got to one in '96, but unfortunately his QB couldn't tell the difference between his own recievers and Larry Brown.