PDA

View Full Version : Brodie Croyle aka Jesse Haynes, II

jettio
08-26-2007, 08:36 AM
The collective Planet hissy fit over a second year 3rd round draft pick who makes bonehead plays not earning the starting job when his head coach wanted him to earn it establishes that Croyle is the most overhyped practice field legend since the stallion from Maryville.

Discuss.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Comparing a 3rd-round draft pick who played at Alabama to a junior college nobody requires no discussion.

jettio
08-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Comparing a 3rd-round draft pick who played at Alabama to a junior college nobody requires no discussion.

When you step between the lines of the practice field, it is not your college resume that matters.

No, it is the practice field resume and optimistic reports from KC Star reporters that earn the spot in the overhype HOF.

Andrew Zow (Bama) and Rick Mirer (Notre Dame) might be available, where is the outrage?

runnercyclist
08-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Keep doubting the Bearcats

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 08:50 AM
When you step between the lines of the practice field, it is not your college resume that matters.

No, it is the practice field resume and optimistic reports from KC Star reporters that earn the spot in the overhype HOF.

Andrew Zow (Bama) and Rick Mirer (Notre Dame) might be available, where is the outrage?

Those "optimistic" reports were also coming from the COACHING STAFF.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 08:53 AM

How is it that you are coming to the conclusion that Croyle will NEVER become a viable NFL starting QB? What are his fatal flaws that make him a pretender to an NFL roster? I'm seriously curios how you could come to such a conclusion.

Chiefnj2
08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Brodie is great in practice when there is no contact. Bring on the heat and he can't handle it yet.

As much as I would like to see KC develop a young QB, Croyle hasn't done squat to earn it. He's a smaller Jeff George with a nice easy going southern attitude.

jettio
08-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Those "optimistic" reports were also coming from the COACHING STAFF.

NO Kidding, you'd have thought Jessie Haynes was Gale Sayers.

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:01 AM
How is it that you are coming to the conclusion that Croyle will NEVER become a viable NFL starting QB? What are his fatal flaws that make him a pretender to an NFL roster? I'm seriously curios how you could come to such a conclusion.

I hope that Croyle will be a good QB and I am rooting for him to do it.

I am just stunned that the best website for Chiefs fans has so many people that think he has not made enough bonehead plays and enough good plays to lose the starting job that the coaches were ready to give him.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:01 AM
NO Kidding, you'd have thought Jessie Haynes was Gale Sayers.

Funny, I don't remember Jessie Haynes EVER being considered for a starting spot.

The simple fact is that there's no comparison. But if you want to try to force one, more power to ya. Just don't be surprised when people laugh.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:03 AM

I am just stunned that the best website for Chiefs fans has so many people that think he has not made enough bonehead plays and enough good plays to justify him not being given the starting job.

What's so hard to grasp about it?

Here, let me make it perfectly clear:

I'd rather see my GRANDMA start than Damon Huard.

Clear enough?

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:06 AM

Clear enough?

You must be anti-bling.

Or should I say anti-bling bling since Huard has two Super Bowl rings.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Brodie is great in practice when there is no contact. Bring on the heat and he can't handle it yet.

As much as I would like to see KC develop a young QB, Croyle hasn't done squat to earn it. He's a smaller Jeff George with a nice easy going southern attitude.

So, like George, he has the tools, but you've come to the conclusion in 3 quarters of preseason football that he can't stand the heat. His size isn't a fatal flaw, since he is about the same size as Montana. Isn't is possible that he will improve his decision making under fire will improve? Isn't the fastest way to overcome something is to be exposed to it? The way I see it is that he may get better and he may not. But some people seem to have decided that he is already a lost cause. I'm not seeing the basis for that conclusion at all.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:09 AM
You must be anti-bling.

ROFL

Hey, Huard got 2 rings SITTING ON THE BENCH.

Maybe we should have put him there so we could win one too!

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:10 AM
You must be anti-bling.

OK, you've just won the award for the stupidest post ever.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 09:16 AM

I am just stunned that the best website for Chiefs fans has so many people that think he has not made enough bonehead plays and enough good plays to lose the starting job that the coaches were ready to give him.

Hell, I never thought Jessie Haynes was anything more than a long,long shot project.

Croyle's ability is obvious. He's had a ton of dropped passes that make his stat line look bad. He's had a 3rd rate T and almost instantaneous pressure on almost every pass play. In spite of that, he's had 3 INT. That is too many. But if the WRs were catching the passes and if he were able to decrease his INTs by one, everyone would be in line to say how great he was. I don't see the Jessie Haynes analogy at all.

pikesome
08-26-2007, 09:18 AM

I second this nomination. It's quite a feat considering the length and breadth of stupid that rolls through here on occasion.

Ultra Peanut
08-26-2007, 09:20 AM
You're retarded.

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:21 AM

I don't know about that, there has been a whole lot of stupid posted since yesterday.

Considering that Huard's injury might keep him from finishing the Texans game, it is a little premature to declare that Herm Edwards has resolved to prevent Croyle from developing as a QB.

chagrin
08-26-2007, 09:23 AM

Like everyone else who has tried to bag on people who want to see him start, you have not given one piece of evidence to why Huard should be the starter yet.

Chiefnj2
08-26-2007, 09:25 AM
So, like George, he has the tools, but you've come to the conclusion in 3 quarters of preseason football that he can't stand the heat. His size isn't a fatal flaw, since he is about the same size as Montana. Isn't is possible that he will improve his decision making under fire will improve? Isn't the fastest way to overcome something is to be exposed to it? The way I see it is that he may get better and he may not. But some people seem to have decided that he is already a lost cause. I'm not seeing the basis for that conclusion at all.

Right now he's making costly mental errors and his great practice arm is not apparent in games. As Marty would say, there hasn't been much gleam. He may get better, he may not. He's got one more game (against scrubs) to prove Edwards is wrong. So far he hasn't done anything but disappoint. I don't think he's a lost cause, but I also don't think he's earned a starting spot.

alanm
08-26-2007, 09:26 AM
You don't peruse DC enough. ROFL

teedubya
08-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I don't understand the Croyle sploogefest. He has sucked so far. Period.

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Like everyone else who has tried to bag on people who want to see him start, you have not given one piece of evidence to why Huard should be the starter yet.

Check out the evidence of Croyle's preseason INTs, especially the one against Miami. I don't believe I have ever seen a QB throw an off the back foot with no pass rush soft toss for a DB to fair catch before and I may never see it again.

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I don't know about that, there has been a whole lot of stupid posted since yesterday.

Considering that Huard's injury might keep him from finishing the Texans game, it is a little premature to declare that Herm Edwards has resolved to prevent Croyle from developing as a QB.

Regardless of what people might have to say about the situation with Croyle, there is no comparison.

Tell us, if you will, what exactly did Huard do to earn those SB rings?

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't understand the Croyle sploogefest. He has sucked so far. Period.

Umm...the alternative is Damon Huard?

htismaqe
Check out the evidence of Croyle's preseason INTs, especially the one against Miami. I don't believe I have ever seen a QB throw an off the back foot with no pass rush soft toss for a DB to fair catch before and I may never see it again.

Thank you Kevin Keitzman. Yes, it was the worst throw in the history of the NFL. We know, we know.

alanm
Regardless of what people might have to say about the situation with Croyle, there is no comparison.

Why... He carried a clipboard above and beyond the call of duty!! :thumb: :harumph:

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:31 AM
You don't peruse DC enough. ROFL

As a Chief fan,I may be a masochist, but I don't enjoy pain that much.

I never peruse DC.

teedubya
08-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Umm...the alternative is Damon Huard?

Yeah, and he tore it up last year. Croyle ain't done shit.

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:32 AM

Ran the scout team, just like Brodie will do for the Chiefs this year.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, and he tore it up last year. Croyle ain't done shit.

Yeah, 11 TD's and 9 fumbles sure is "tearing it up."

The only thing Huard did last year was not lose. He certainly didn't win anything.

Can't wait for another .500 season!

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Ran the scout team, just like Brodie will do for the Chiefs this year.

LMAO

LMAO

LMAO

Damon Huard, the greatest scout team QB EVAR!!!!!!!

teedubya
08-26-2007, 09:35 AM

The only thing Huard did last year was not lose. He certainly didn't win anything.

and with Croyle we would be around 4-12.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
and with Croyle we would be around 4-12.

Yep, and with two possible scenarios to boot:

1) He absolutely sucks and we go 4-12, leading to a top 5 draft pick and a REAL QB of the future.

2) He shows flashes, takes his lumps, and we go 4-12, leading to a top 5 draft pick and a REAL left tackle.

What's the downside? I need you to remind me.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 09:38 AM

1) He absolutely sucks and we go 4-12, leading to a top 5 draft pick and a REAL QB of the future.

2) He shows flashes, takes his lumps, and we go 4-12, leading to a top 5 draft pick and a REAL left tackle.

Well said.

FringeNC
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
It's been the Chiefs' coaching staff themselves that have been pimping Brodie Croyle. If he really has as much talent as the coaching staff has hinted, it makes no sense to start Damon Huard.

OnTheWarpath15

If it wasn't for the defense @ Arizona, @ STL and against SD at home, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

htismaqe
It's been the Chiefs' coaching staff themselves that have been pimping Brodie Croyle. If he really has as much talent as the coaching staff has hinted, it makes no sense to start Damon Huard.

Carl said no.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 09:40 AM

Clear enough?
ROFL

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:40 AM

The empty seats, of course.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
You must be anti-bling.

Or should I say anti-bling bling since Huard has two Super Bowl rings.OMG LMAO

cdcox
08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
his great practice arm is not apparent in games.

See, this is what I don't get. His arm, and release are outstanding. In fact, he has more pure arm ability than any player ever to wear a Chiefs uniform.

His accuracy is good, but that is an area where there is still room for improvement. His WR dropped a ton of passes, which makes his accuracy appear worse than it acutall is. If you look at the play outcome (complete or incomplete) or the stat line, it does not give you a good estimate of his accuracy. The only way to evaluate that is, was the ball placed where the reciever can catch it and the defender cannot? Does he allow an open reciever to catch the ball in stride and get YAC? Croyle has done well here.

Where he is lacking is in decision making and reading defenses. Young QB do this.

Let's not get it all twisted and say he has not shown a good arm, when his real problem is decision making.

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM

The Chiefs overall talent level is above average, there is no justification for asking a talented team to throw away a season. Look how many players came to camp in great condition this year. Tell those guys to go out and risk injury playing for draft position.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
The Chiefs overall talent level is above average, there is no justification for asking a talented team to throw away a season. Look how many players came to camp in great condition this year. Tell those guys to go out and risk injury playing for draft position.

So you think the Chiefs can get the AFC Championship this year?

My guess is you're content with what happened last year, right?

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Yeah, and he tore it up last year. Croyle ain't done shit.LMAO Tore it up? LMAO He excellled quite nicely by dropping the ball in the grass when he was pressured. Its easy to only throw 1 pick when your passes are no longer than 20 yrds.

milkman
08-26-2007, 09:52 AM

Is it?

The O-Line is questionable, at best, and the receiving corps is really sad overall.

jettio
08-26-2007, 09:52 AM
So you think the Chiefs can get the AFC Championship this year?

My guess is you're content with what happened last year, right?

One game at a time, I just hope Croyle and Ekwerekwu are able to channel Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson well enough to help the Chiefs defense prepare for week 1.

htismaqe
08-26-2007, 09:57 AM
One game at a time, I just hope Croyle and Ekwerekwu are able to channel Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson well enough to help the Chiefs defense prepare for week 1.

One game at a time, one season at a time...Sounds just like Carl Peterson...

Bowser
08-26-2007, 10:10 AM
So, I guess Trent Green wasn't such a bad option after all, huh?

TEX
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
LMAO Tore it up? LMAO He excellled quite nicely by dropping the ball in the grass when he was pressured. Its easy to only throw 1 pick when your passes are no longer than 20 yrds.

Totally FALSE statement. Want proof? See Gonzo's stats while Huard was QB.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Honestly, it was time for him to move on. Loved the guy but he had his time, and didnt get it done.

LOCOChief
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I actually saw Croyle make some good plays under pressure and move the ball in the Miami game. He really didn't get any help at all against the saints. Our WR better improve or we are going to run the ball more this year than last.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 10:16 AM

Because the most objective source of information when evaluating a player is a statement made by one of their teamates.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
The collective Planet hissy fit over a second year 3rd round draft pick who makes bonehead plays not earning the starting job when his head coach wanted him to earn it establishes that Croyle is the most overhyped practice field legend since the stallion from Maryville.

Discuss.

somewhere between Reality and your mouth is Carl's penis...

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Totally FALSE statement. Want proof? See Gonzo's stats while Huard was QB.You can remove you lips from Damon's ass now...
:rolleyes:

Demonpenz
08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
i love what herm's doing. Bringing back some toughness in this team. you don't something correctly you sit until you get it right. It is just what this team needed. At some point players need to be held accountable

TEX
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
You can remove you lips from Damon's ass now...

Shoot, you don't know who's kissing what because your head so far up your own ass, that you don't know fact from fiction. You probably understand Herm - he's the same way.

Are you actually trying to tell me that your statement was true? It's not even close.

Mr. Laz
no comparison ...... or rather a silly comparison

LOCOChief

Where you are wrong and you are IMO, is that no matter how much individual talent these guys have if they can't play together then we will be a sub .500 team. But just how far do you think we are going to get with a 34 yr old at QB?

teedubya
08-26-2007, 10:28 AM

Carl can't let that happen. His legacy depends on going at least 8-8.

But, Im opposed to putting someone shitty in as QB, just so we can get a better draft pick.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2007, 10:34 AM

But, Im opposed to putting someone shitty in as QB, just so we can get a better draft pick.

People aren't advocating Croyle for the potential "better draft pick."

They are advocating Croyle because Carl is delaying the inevitable. Huard means 8-8 this year, and the rebuilding starts NEXT year. So now, it's 2009-2010 before this team has a realistic chance to go deep in the playoffs...assuming they continue to draft as well as they have the past two seasons.

Or you can do what Carl is apparently going to do, which is never be willing to take the risk on a QBOTF, all because he wants to cover his own ass.

jettio
somewhere between Reality and your mouth is Carl's penis...

Your post is as surprising and uncalled for as Croyle's interception against Miami.

I am just posting my opinion that there is a whole lot of overreaction and trying at humor without being crass or personal.

I would expect better from you and none of my posts warrant that kind of response from you.

Messier
Are the people that want to suffer through a 4-12 season thinking that Croyle and the team will then somehow be better, not in spite of, but because of losing, are you the same people that when it looks like the team isn't going anywhere want to loose games to get a better draft pick? It makes no sense and is kind of insulting to the players. Shouldn't they want to win every single time they take the field? That's the job of the team. They need to say how can we win this game? What can we do to win this week? Not three weeks from now or next season. The players and coaches should want to have the best people that allow then to win for just the next game. They can't play for next season, and you can't ask a team to play games so one player can get better.

Demonpenz
08-26-2007, 10:36 AM
I am glad I don't work for some of the people posting here. get the best person for the job period.

headsnap
08-26-2007, 10:37 AM

so you'll take option #2?

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Are the people that want to suffer through a 4-12 season thinking that Croyle and the team will then somehow be better, not in spite of, but because of losing, are you the same people that when it looks like the team isn't going anywhere want to loose games to get a better draft pick? It makes no sense and is kind of insulting to the players. Shouldn't they want to win every single time they take the field? That's the job of the team. They need to say how can we win this game? What can we do to win this week? Not three weeks from now or next season. The players and coaches should want to have the best people that allow then to win for just the next game. They can't play for next season, and you can't ask a team to play games so one player can get better.

Why are people assuming that Croyle = 4-12?

I don't think anyone here is saying tank the season JUST for a Top 10 draft pick.

They are saying we're spinning our wheels by starting Huard.

Q: What is the difference between an 8-8 season with Huard starting and a 6-10 season with Croyle starting?

A: We're one more year removed from finding out if Croyle is the QBOTF.

A2: Carl covers his ass with the "fan base."

cdcox
08-26-2007, 10:43 AM
I am glad I don't work for some of the people posting here. get the best person for the job period.

If I'm starting a new high-risk company that will either make me a fortune or go bankrupt and I have to choose between a promising young kid that is wet behind the ears and a 62 year old person who has always managed to do just enough to keep his job, I'll hire the kid every time. At least I'll go down swinging.

LOCOChief
08-26-2007, 10:44 AM
I was suprised they picked Huard. I can see it, but I thought they would have commited to the youth movement. At least Croyle would have brought some excitement, as opposed to conservative offense the we will be.

teedubya
08-26-2007, 10:54 AM
so you'll take option #2?

I'm happy with Huard. And I would have liked to have seen him in the 2nd half of the COlts playoff game.

I feel that it is best to have the best option out there at the first of the season.

Croyle will most likely get in around game 5, irregardless of our bitching and crying.

Our line is so shitty, I don't care who is our QB. Our line is horrendous.

teedubya
08-26-2007, 10:56 AM
If we started Croyle, and his 6'4 135lb frame. With our line, our QBoTF would be on injured reserve by game 3.

Skip Towne
08-26-2007, 10:58 AM
If I'm starting a new high-risk company that will either make me a fortune or go bankrupt and I have to choose between a promising young kid that is wet behind the ears and a 62 year old person who has always managed to do just enough to keep his job, I'll hire the kid every time. At least I'll go down swinging.
Watch it, sucker.

cdcox
08-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Watch it, sucker.

Relax, half the board, not to mention the Chiefs, would hire you. Your future is secure.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Your post is as surprising and uncalled for as Croyle's interception against Miami.

I am just posting my opinion that there is a whole lot of overreaction and trying at humor without being crass or personal.

I would expect better from you and none of my posts warrant that kind of response from you.

somewhere between your self-righteousness and your sense of humor is Carl's penis....

Demonpenz
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Not me I got family to take care of. Slow and steady wins the race.

Logical
08-26-2007, 01:00 PM
You must be anti-bling.

Priest Holmes has a Super Bowl ring, do you want him starting over LJ? Not saying that Croyle is comparable to LJ yet but hopefully you get the point.

jettio
08-26-2007, 01:55 PM
somewhere between your self-righteousness and your sense of humor is Carl's penis....

Well, you may have a GPS fix on the object of your obsession, but you don't know where anything else is.

The advent of Viagra and other ED drugs was bound to have some impact but I doubt that anyone could forsee your problem with middle aged men like the Chiefs GM.

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, you may have a GPS fix on the object of your obsession, but you don't know where anything else is.

The advent of Viagra and other ED drugs was bound to have some impact but I doubt that anyone could forsee your problem with middle aged men like the Chiefs GM.

I want to laugh with you. Is there a humor-for-dummies version of this post?

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Are the people that want to suffer through a 4-12 season thinking that Croyle and the team will then somehow be better, not in spite of, but because of losing, are you the same people that when it looks like the team isn't going anywhere want to loose games to get a better draft pick? It makes no sense and is kind of insulting to the players. Shouldn't they want to win every single time they take the field? That's the job of the team. They need to say how can we win this game? What can we do to win this week? Not three weeks from now or next season. The players and coaches should want to have the best people that allow then to win for just the next game. They can't play for next season, and you can't ask a team to play games so one player can get better.Ask the Cowboys of the early 90's if they mind going 1-15 in the '89 season. I am sure Irvin and Aikman would re-live that season just to get to reap the rewards of a championship, later...

Messier
08-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Ask the Cowboys of the early 90's if they mind going 1-15 in the '89 season. I am sure Irvin and Aikman would re-live that season just to get to reap the rewards of a championship, later...

Different situation altogether. That season came right as the Cowboys were about to reap the rewards of the Hershel Walker trade. The Cowboys were already at the bottom and by starting Aikman (Who was the first overall pick) they had nowhere to go but up. That year Dallas was going back and forth between two rookies. That was all they had, they had no other option.

donkhater
08-26-2007, 04:56 PM
I think where the pro-Huard crowd loses me is their logic that he is somehow the better QB. Based on what? LAST season?
The season in which he fumbled 2 a game (seemingly)?
The season in which DBs drop a half a dozen of his passes?
Is this the same QB the coaches didn't trust enough onthe road to pass it further than 5 yards?

If I'm not mistaken, he will be behind the same line Croyle was last night, throwing to the same receivers. Only he'll get the benefit of LJ.

Coyle's looked better in practice. Better in the preseason games they've BOTH been in, yet Huard is the better option based on LAST YEAR??

I will wager whatever amount you want Huard will NOT go 5-3 with an 11/1 TD/INT ratio to start the season.

donkhater
08-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. He hasn't been practicing because of a injury. So Herm would rather go with a gimpy, 34 year old with a noodle arm.

The only reason Herm should go with Huard is if for some reason, the veterans on the team would rather see Huard get his shot. For team cohesiveness, I can understand the decision. If he struggles, Herm has his reason to start the kid, if not, he'll be proven right. The is the ONLY reason I see that he would start Huard.

WilliamTheIrish
08-26-2007, 06:55 PM
It's the perfect time, regardless of the OLine situation, to play Croyle. After 17 years of Debergs, Vlasics, Grbacs, Kriegs, and all the other hacks who we wasted time, money and draft picks on, is it not time to go in a different direction?

F the safe route. I don't care if Croyle gets his ass sacked 38 times. Putting Huard under C is a chickenshiot Martyocre move.

This franchise sucks.

BigMeatballDave
08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I think where the pro-Huard crowd loses me is their logic that he is somehow the better QB. Based on what? LAST season?
The season in which he fumbled 2 a game (seemingly)?
The season in which DBs drop a half a dozen of his passes?
Is this the same QB the coaches didn't trust enough onthe road to pass it further than 5 yards?

If I'm not mistaken, he will be behind the same line Croyle was last night, throwing to the same receivers. Only he'll get the benefit of LJ.

Coyle's looked better in practice. Better in the preseason games they've BOTH been in, yet Huard is the better option based on LAST YEAR??

I will wager whatever amount you want Huard will NOT go 5-3 with an 11/1 TD/INT ratio to start the season.The "Huardites" turn a blind eye to facts...

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
It's the perfect time, regardless of the OLine situation, to play Croyle. After 17 years of Debergs, Vlasics, Grbacs, Kriegs, and all the other hacks who we wasted time, money and draft picks on, is it not time to go in a different direction?

F the safe route. I don't care if Croyle gets his ass sacked 38 times. Putting Huard under C is a chickenshiot Martyocre move.

This franchise sucks.

this is the concise version of my 24hr rant....probably better for your health too....

WilliamTheIrish
08-26-2007, 07:21 PM
this is the concise version of my 24hr rant....probably better for your health too....

Hang tough Can. I don't even blame folks like jettio or the others who think it's the correct move. They are so conditioned by the prosaic nature of Carl and Co. that it's only natural to think Huard under C is the right thing in order to give the Chiefs "The best chance to win". (Gawd, I've grown so tired of the 17 year old Carl/Marty catch phrases)

Never mind that after "Best chance to win" the sentence should read "7 games".

Bowser
08-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I haven't jumped off the bridge like Can just yet, but his avatar f*cking rules...... LMAO

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Hang tough Can. I don't even blame folks like jettio or the others who think it's the correct move. They are so conditioned by the prosaic nature of Carl and Co. that it's only natural to think Huard under C is the right thing in order to give the Chiefs "The best chance to win". (Gawd, I've grown so tired of the 17 year old Carl/Marty catch phrases)

Never mind that after "Best chance to win" the sentence should read "7 games".

spoken like a veteran fan..

"win now"

"window of opportunity"

Bowser
08-26-2007, 07:28 PM
spoken like a veteran fan..

"win now"

"window of opportunity"

Are we still using "profile guys"?

the Talking Can
08-26-2007, 07:29 PM
I haven't jumped off the bridge like Can just yet, but his avatar f*cking rules...... LMAO

my photoshop skills are l33t

Messier
08-26-2007, 07:34 PM
What did Croyle need to do to be named the starter? He needed to simply not suck against the Saints. He did. He's not starting week one. Yes he had not much help, but even when the line did block he did nothing. That was his shot. He'll get more. Who knows he might end up starting more games than Huard this year. He's just not starting week one. People say they don't like the safe move, but every team plays the players they think give them the best chance to win that game. Every team.

Thai Cheif
08-27-2007, 02:27 AM

NEVER :shake: mention Zow and Brodie Croyle in the same post. You should be shot. You WOULD be shot if you were in Tuscaloosa. STFU

donkhater
08-27-2007, 06:04 AM
What did Croyle need to do to be named the starter? He needed to simply not suck against the Saints. He did. He's not starting week one. Yes he had not much help, but even when the line did block he did nothing. That was his shot. He'll get more. Who knows he might end up starting more games than Huard this year. He's just not starting week one. People say they don't like the safe move, but every team plays the players they think give them the best chance to win that game. Every team.
Maybe he should have had a 'injury' like Huard did so he could not suck against the Saints.

I can't see how Huard would've made a difference. May be we wouldn't have passed as much (since the coaches don't really trust him either).
But , hey, he would have managed the game. :rolleyes:

King_Chief_Fan
08-27-2007, 06:18 AM

thats because you Play to win the game.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME........HELLO?

TEX
08-27-2007, 06:54 AM
thats because you Play to win the game.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME........HELLO?

Now who's the F***ING IDIOT that said that?

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:01 AM

The aforementioned 4-12 season?

I'd consider that a downside.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:03 AM
LMAO Tore it up? LMAO He excellled quite nicely by dropping the ball in the grass when he was pressured. Its easy to only throw 1 pick when your passes are no longer than 20 yrds.
He aired the ball out on several occasions last year.

He also, when in pressure, hits his playmakers. This is unlike Trent Green, who looks for Samie Parker when he's in trouble.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Trent Green <<<< Damon Huard (on this team)...

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Word.

Like I said, when Huard is hurried, he hits Tony G or LJ...

Green...Samie Parker or hits the turf.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:05 AM
You can remove you lips from Damon's ass now...
Because people support Damon, apparently we suck his dick and kiss his ass?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Not only do you have ZERO idea what you're talking about, but you're a total hypocrite and a complete douche nozzle.

Why don't you make a few more posts about how bad Huard is and how good Croyle is and how dumb Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards are.

****stick.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:06 AM
If we started Croyle, and his 6'4 135lb frame. With our line, our QBoTF would be on injured reserve by game 3.
Exactly.

GOD THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG.

Rausch
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
He might be our QBOTF but he's quite clearly not ready yet. You stick him in there, he stinks it up, and you have to remove him it kills his confidence.

Better he sit and continue to learn. He looked terrible vs. a Saints secondary that's been torched most of the preseason...

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:11 AM
You guys are idiots.

Croyle had EVERY opportunity in the WORLD to win this job. It was sitting RIGHT THERE for him on a silver platter.

Huard won the job by default. Why go with the young guy that makes ridiculous decisions when you have a subpar offensive line and below average wide receivers? This makes no sense.

Croyle and his 5-17 performance against the Saints is the reason the Chiefs are going with Huard. Croyle has only himself to blame. This is a performance league, perform, or get cut/sit on the bench.

And this rebuilding stuff you guys mention...IT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN THE NFL. Teams are always looking to win, and win now, no team goes in with the Florida Marlins mentality of tanking and letting young guys play for the minimum...

That's not the way this league works. Every team tries to win AS MANY games as possible every year...whether it's 5, 7, 10, or 16...

Why start Croyle, a guy who WILL LOSE YOUR TEAM GAMES, when you have Huard, who showed us he was a slightly above average game manager last year that won't make unnecessary turnovers?

ANSWER: You don't!

And that's why Huard won the job even after throwing 10 preseason passes.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:13 AM
He might be our QBOTF but he's quite clearly not ready yet. You stick him in there, he stinks it up, and you have to remove him it kills his confidence.

Better he sit and continue to learn. He looked terrible vs. a Saints secondary that's been torched most of the preseason...
ROFL

This stuff cracks me up.

Everyone on this site calls me a dumbass, an idiot, etc...

Yet, I've been saying this for the last 3 months.

@ Houston, @ Chicago, Minnesota, @ Chicago

Three really good run defenses right there, we're going to have to win with the pass...we have no line...

WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD WE RUIN OUR "QB OF THE FUTURE" AGAINST THAT TREACHEROUS FIRST FOUR?

Shit, we paid Damon 8 million dollars to take that beating and turn the reigns over to Croyle week 5.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 07:14 AM
So looking forward to Huard getting Thrashed in Chicago....

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Shit, we paid Damon 8 million dollars to take that beating and turn the reigns over to Croyle week 5.

I hope so... It is going to be alot of fun watching Huard cost us any shot of being competitive this year...

He will be so exposed in the first four games.... IF he survives... You better get his calf massaged out....

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:16 AM
So looking forward to Huard getting Thrashed in Chicago....
As a dude that lives in Chicago, and an avid Chiefs fan who pimps the Chiefs while drunk at the bars with his friends, I've been on record saying the Chiefs are going to get walloped week 2 against the Bears.

I love how people are saying the Bears are going to be a 6 win team this year.

No ****ing way. They are obviously the class of the NFC...along with New Orleans and Dallas.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I hope so... It is going to be alot of fun watching Huard cost us any shot of being competitive this year...

He will be so exposed in the first four games.... IF he survives... You better get his calf massaged out....
This is a joke, right?

Cost us any shot of being competitive?

Uhm, the only shot of us being competitive is if Damon can somehow repeat his 2006. Slim chance.

If Croyle was the starter, 8-8 at absolute best.

Damon, I can see 10-6 MAYBE 11-5 if we can start 2-2. MAYBE.

But 9-7, 10-6, likely.

TEX
08-27-2007, 07:22 AM

Are you actually saying that if Croyle was starting,the Chiefs would be more "competative" this year? At what? The 1st choice in the NFL draft?

Regardless, IMO he'll get his chance before season's end. Especially if Huard $ucks like you're expecting/hoping.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Are you actually saying that if Croyle was starting, that the Chiefs would be more "competative" this year? At what? The 1st choice in the NFL draft?

Regardless, IMO he'll get his chance before season's end. Especially if Huard $ucks like you're expecting/hoping.

uh no, just messing with the hooter this morning...

Reerun_KC
08-27-2007, 07:26 AM
If Croyle was the starter, 8-8 at absolute best.

Damon, I can see 10-6 MAYBE 11-5 if we can start 2-2. MAYBE.

But 9-7, 10-6, likely.

No freaking way Downfield Big Game Huard takes this team anywhere...

Rausch
08-27-2007, 07:43 AM
No freaking way Downfield Big Game Huard takes this team anywhere...

He took us to the playoffs last year.

The strength of this team is now the running game and defense anyway. I haven't seen anyone outside of Gonzo or Kennison show the ability to even consistently catch the football, regardless of QB.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Are you actually saying that if Croyle was starting,the Chiefs would be more "competative" this year? At what? The 1st choice in the NFL draft?

The CHANCE at least exists.

With Croyle we could win 4. Or we could win 11. He has plenty of upside.

With Huard we're gonna be between 7-9 and 9-7.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Uhm, the only shot of us being competitive is if Damon can somehow repeat his 2006. Slim chance.

Once again, Hootie is right.

Messier
08-27-2007, 08:12 AM
The CHANCE at least exists.

With Croyle we could win 4. Or we could win 11. He has plenty of upside.

With Huard we're gonna be between 7-9 and 9-7.

I'm sorry we would not win more that 7 with Croyle, and that's optimistic.

shrek6849
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM
With Croyle we could win 4. Or we could win 11.

:LOL:

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Once again, Hootie is right.
but notice, I said the only way we'd be competitive is if Damon was playing QB...

I don't see us being competitive at all with Croyle at QB.

Even though I think he'll be our starting QB at some point this season, and I personally predict it to be week 5 after we start 1-3.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:15 AM

He's played in one regular season game. You have no idea whether or not he would get better with experience. Sure, he may never get better. But he COULD.

Which is more than can be said for a 34-year old career backup.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:15 AM
LOL

Got anything to add? Or you just gonna subsist on being a moron?

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:16 AM
but notice, I said the only way we'd be competitive is if Damon was playing QB...

I don't see us being competitive at all with Croyle at QB.

Even though I think he'll be our starting QB at some point this season, and I personally predict it to be week 5 after we start 1-3.

I don't disagree.

But you could replace the word "competitive" with the word "mediocre". They're interchangeable.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:16 AM
We could win 10 as long as he doesn't throw the ball...

With LJ and our defense (which I think will be really good, people are down on them and they are only playing base defense in preseason), we're a pretty good team.

Now it's up to our QB, whether it be Damon or Brodie, to not turn the ball over. Punting is ok, turning the ball over is not.

shrek6849
08-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Got anything to add? Or you just gonna subsist on being a moron?

I will still waiting for you to answer my question I posed to you days ago. A starting QB who posted a 15 QB rating or less in a preseason game. Still waiting.

I do love you posts though. I have never seen such a homer for such a, as of right now, awful player. And Croyle is awful.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't disagree.

But you could replace the word "competitive" with the word "mediocre". They're interchangeable.
I think the "competitive" totally hinges on our defense.

If the Chiefs are a top 5 defense, they can win 11 games.

If they are a top 10 defense, they can be a playoff team.

Anything below that, we're going to struggle to finish .500...regardless of Damon or Brodie.

Success hinges on the defense first, and then of course we'll need a big season out of LJ and even Michael Bennett.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't think Croyle is awful...

So far, the only thing I haven't liked about the guy is he seems to be way too passive. Almost like he doesn't want to soak in new information.

I remember when my Dad would try and alter my golf swing non-stop and would be throwing 8 or 9 suggestions at me and I would just say, "ok, ok, alright, ok" and really not soak any of it in because I just wanted to grip it and rip it...

Brodie kind of has that attitude. At least that's how he comes off. Too passive.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I will still waiting for you to answer my question I posed to you days ago. A starting QB who posted a 15 QB rating or less in a preseason game. Still waiting.

I do love you posts though. I have never seen such a homer for such a, as of right now, awful player. And Croyle is awful.

At least two people posted starting QB's who posted less than a 15 QBR in a REGULAR SEASON GAME. You're not waiting for anything.

And I'm not a homer for Croyle. I'm an advocating of doing something...correction, ANYTHING...different than what Carl Peterson has done the last TWO DECADES.

Wanna rub your two championships in my face some more? I'm sure you'll have two more to add to the tally before we even sniff one, so have at it.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't think Croyle is awful...

So far, the only thing I haven't liked about the guy is he seems to be way too passive. Almost like he doesn't want to soak in new information.

I remember when my Dad would try and alter my golf swing non-stop and would be throwing 8 or 9 suggestions at me and I would just say, "ok, ok, alright, ok" and really not soak any of it in because I just wanted to grip it and rip it...

Brodie kind of has that attitude. At least that's how he comes off. Too passive.

Well, it wouldn't really suit Brodie to be fired up all the time. He wouldn't fit in with the rest of the team, which acts the same way.

shrek6849
08-27-2007, 08:26 AM
At least two people posted starting QB's who posted less than a 15 QBR in a REGULAR SEASON GAME. You're not waiting for anything.

You're missing the point. Preseason =! regular season. Preseason defenses are vanilla and extremely less challenging for a quarterback. It is rare to see a QB be THAT BAD in the preseason. Of course starting QBs in the regular season have posted QB ratings below 15.

I really can't recall seeing a starting QB do it in the preseason however. Even green rookie QBs, or fourth stringers who are likely to be cut don't look that bad. But a starting QB performing that badly in 3 quarters of play, as well as the rest of the preseason? Yikes.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Well, it wouldn't really suit Brodie to be fired up all the time. He wouldn't fit in with the rest of the team, which acts the same way.
that's what I like about Damon, though...

The dude is all fired up on gameday...and he's not afraid to put someone, even LJ, in their place...

That's what I liked most about Damon last year, as opposed to Trent "when things are going bad I'm going to lounge on the bench" Green.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
You're missing the point. Preseason =! regular season. Preseason defenses are vanilla and extremely less challenging for a quarterback. It is rare to see a QB be THAT BAD in the preseason. Of course starting QBs in the regular season have posted QB ratings below 15.

I really can't recall seeing a starting QB do it in the preseason however. Even green rookie QBs, or fourth stringers who are likely to be cut don't look that bad. But a starting QB performing that badly in 3 quarters of play, as well as the rest of the preseason? Yikes.

5 dropped passes, pressure on every play.

This offensive TEAM is bad. Kinda hard to evaluate anybody under those circumstances.

I don't disagree, he's looked awful. So has the left tackle and the WR's. He's not getting any help.

And at the end of the day, he may develop. He might not, but he MAY. Which is more than you can say for a 34-year old career backup.

Of course, you have a vested interest in all of this as a Bronco fan. Playing Huard is the optimal solution for you and all rival fans. It ensures the Chiefs don't have any chance of going deep into the playoffs while simultaneously guaranteeing that we'll pick in the 20's again in the draft...

Chiefnj2
08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Why is it that Quinn can miss 80% of camp and come in and play very well for 2 preseason games for the Browns and Croyle still looks like crap in his 2nd year? Maybe, just maybe, Croyle wasn't that good to start with. Everyone (except season ticket holders) is desperate for a QBOTF. Maybe Croyle isn't that guy.

Demonpenz
08-27-2007, 08:31 AM
There is no doubt damon is a leader. He brings an energy that Croyle doesn't I remember after that perfect pass to kennison in the 49ners game. I never saw someone more pumped up

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Why is it that Quinn can miss 80% of camp and come in and play very well for 2 preseason games for the Browns and Croyle still looks like crap in his 2nd year? Maybe, just maybe, Croyle wasn't that good to start with. Everyone (except season ticket holders) is desperate for a QBOTF. Maybe Croyle isn't that guy.
Well...

Croyle is playing against first stringers, as opposed to Quinn...

However, by rule, third string offenses are a lot worse than third string defenses, so Printers play is quite surprising, in all honesty.

It's almost as if he SHOULD be competing for the backup job, but, IMO, there is no way the Chiefs are going to risk losing Casey, he's a lock on the 53 man roster.

I thought Casey was a lost cause after last preseason, but really, he's looked pretty friggin' stellar...minus the botched snaps.

shrek6849

Quinn has looked pretty damn sharp, albeit against scrubs the majority of the time.

htismaqe

Could very well be. It would be nice to play him and find out, wouldn't it? Even if he totally bombs, at least we get a top 10 pick to show for it.

We could have had Quinn THIS YEAR. But it was more important to limp into the playoffs and get demoralized.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
There is no doubt damon is a leader. He brings an energy that Croyle doesn't I remember after that perfect pass to kennison in the 49ners game. I never saw someone more pumped up
The play that sticks out to me was a little flare pass to LJ who LITERALLY had a wide open lane to the end zone with blockers leading the way...and he drops it...and Huard was LIVID. He was PISSED on the field, he was PISSED on the sidelines...he really showed his leadership qualities to me that game. The guy is a team guy, I don't see how people are so anti-Huard around here. He's a guy every team would love to have, albeit mostly as a backup (or even third string)...

TEX

I agree. However, I must caution you that thinking is possible anyplace but around here...

Demonpenz
Anything can happen on any given sunday. Hopefully we get on a roll the steelers get on a couple years ago. Solari is in his second year. He is going to dial up some nasty plays.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Could very well be. It would be nice to play him and find out, wouldn't it? Even if he totally bombs, at least we get a top 10 pick to show for it.

We could have had Quinn THIS YEAR. But it was more important to limp into the playoffs and get demoralized.
See, I don't like this...

We spend a 3rd round pick on a QB that apparently our scouts felt was good enough to be our guy...

but you want to throw him into the fire and if shit happens then we just spend a top 10 pick on a QB next year...

but that sets up back a good 5 years...

where if we play Huard the first four weeks, we alleviate the pressure off of Croyle if we start 1-3, let him take 7 of 9 at Arrowhead, let him build a little swagger and confidence (we should be able to go 6-3 in those games regardless of the QB, or 5-4) and then maybe we have something for the next 10 years.

Still don't understand how this doesn't make sense to EVERYONE.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Anything can happen on any given sunday. Hopefully we get on a roll the steelers get on a couple years ago. Solari is in his second year. He is going to dial up some nasty plays.
Yeah...

Somehow I don't see Solari being in Ken Whisenhunt's league when it comes to creative playcalling.

Demonpenz
08-27-2007, 08:38 AM
The play that sticks out to me was a little flare pass to LJ who LITERALLY had a wide open lane to the end zone with blockers leading the way...and he drops it...and Huard was LIVID. He was PISSED on the field, he was PISSED on the sidelines...he really showed his leadership qualities to me that game. The guy is a team guy, I don't see how people are so anti-Huard around here. He's a guy every team would love to have, albeit mostly as a backup (or even third string)...

Yeah he just doesn't care. He plays like a fan. Takes nothing for granted. I remember thinking man this guy is special. He is a strong leader who makes accurate decisions on the fly. Croyle can learn alot on how to command a huddle.

htismaqe

Great, he's a leader.

All the fire in the world won't allow him to throw a 20-yard out.

All the leadership in the world won't allow him to run a bootleg on 3rd-and-7 and pick up a 1st down.

He's a BACKUP. He's always been a backup, for a REASON. He's just not that talented.

Chiefnj2

He has another preseason game this week to prove Herm wrong. Plus, who knows what the hell is going on with Huard and his calf.

The Chiefs could have had Quinn, but they actually thought Croyle was going to show something and step up. He hasn't.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah he just doesn't care. He plays like a fan. Takes nothing for granted. I remember thinking man this guy is special. He is a strong leader who makes accurate decisions on the fly. Croyle can learn alot on how to command a huddle.
You even saw a glimpse of it on Hard Knocks Episode 3...

The guy is a good role model for the young players on offense...he knows where everyone should be, he's not overly critical, but he doesn't let the young guys get away with mistakes. He lets them know about them so they can fix them when the games start to count.

I rather have a guy like that taking snaps this season then Croyle, who, like I said, seems way too passive for the job at this point.

Of course, our only young guy on offense that will see any significant playing time is Bowe, so perhaps we don't need a savvy vet behind center.

Can't hurt though.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Great, he's a leader.

All the fire in the world won't allow him to throw a 20-yard out.

All the leadership in the world won't allow him to run a bootleg on 3rd-and-7 and pick up a 1st down.

He's a BACKUP. He's always been a backup, for a REASON. He's just not that talented.
I agree, he isn't that talented...

He can't make the throws Croyle can make.

But he won't make the mistakes Croyle is going to make.

So like it or not, the Chiefs are going with their best chance to win games, and that's the right move IMO.

htismaqe
See, I don't like this...

We spend a 3rd round pick on a QB that apparently our scouts felt was good enough to be our guy...

but you want to throw him into the fire and if shit happens then we just spend a top 10 pick on a QB next year...

but that sets up back a good 5 years...

where if we play Huard the first four weeks, we alleviate the pressure off of Croyle if we start 1-3, let him take 7 of 9 at Arrowhead, let him build a little swagger and confidence (we should be able to go 6-3 in those games regardless of the QB, or 5-4) and then maybe we have something for the next 10 years.

Of course, there's a risk that it sets us back two, three, or even 5 years, like you say.

There's also the risk that it PAYS OFF.

But it's just too risky. We can just put it off every year like we have for the past 18. At least the stadium will be full.

And the reason it doesn't make sense is because you haven't considered the MOST likely scenario - that Huard is GOING TO START all season.

We're 1-3, but Huard isn't the reason we lost - he's got 2 or 3 TD's and no INT's in 4 games.

Hootie
He has another preseason game this week to prove Herm wrong. Plus, who knows what the hell is going on with Huard and his calf.

The Chiefs could have had Quinn, but they actually thought Croyle was going to show something and step up. He hasn't.
This is why Carl is a lose/lose on this board no matter what...

We draft Quinn, and then everyone gripes about wasting a 3rd round pick on Croyle the year before.

Ha!

I love how this board works.

Rausch
08-27-2007, 08:42 AM

It's pretty clear we needed talent at WR. Outside of EK there isn't a pair of hands on the squad. We need some talent at WR to take pressure off Gonzo and LJ.

If I played the Chiefs in the 1st three weeks I'd stack 10 in the box with confidence...

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I agree, he isn't that talented...

He can't make the throws Croyle can make.

But he won't make the mistakes Croyle is going to make.

So like it or not, the Chiefs are going with their best chance to win games, and that's the right move IMO.

Absolutely the right move...if your goal is to get booted in the wild card round...

Chiefnj2
08-27-2007, 08:43 AM

I don't have a problem with Herm's decision, but I disagree with your take.

IMHO, you stick with the guy you pick as your starter unless HE is absolutely horrible at the midpoint of the season. I don't buy into the sit Croyle for the "hard" games because all of the games are hard. If Croyle isn't good enough to start on week 1, then he isn't suddenly going to be miraculously better by week 5 after sitting on the bench for a month.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Of course, there's a risk that it sets us back two, three, or even 5 years, like you say.

There's also the risk that it PAYS OFF.

But it's just too risky. We can just put it off every year like we have for the past 18. At least the stadium will be full.

And the reason it doesn't make sense is because you haven't considered the MOST likely scenario - that Huard is GOING TO START all season.

We're 1-3, but Huard isn't the reason we lost - he's got 2 or 3 TD's and no INT's in 4 games.
If we started Croyle this year...

then we just wasted a boat load of money on LJ.

You can't have the "rebuilding" mind-set and sign guys like Tony G, LJ, Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris, Damion McIntosh, etc...

You either 49ers it (which isn't working) or you build on what you have and try to win as many games as possible (which is what successful NFL teams do)...

Seriously, all of this rebuilding shit in the NFL is made up. There isn't a such thing.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:44 AM
This is why Carl is a lose/lose on this board no matter what...

We draft Quinn, and then everyone gripes about wasting a 3rd round pick on Croyle the year before.

Ha!

I love how this board works.

He wasn't in a lose/lose with me, not at all.

All they had to do was get a young QB and play him.

I'm sick of watching other team's castoffs.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:45 AM

You can't have the "rebuilding" mind-set and sign guys like Tony G, LJ, Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris, Damion McIntosh, etc...

You either 49ers it (which isn't working) or you build on what you have and try to win as many games as possible (which is what successful NFL teams do)...

Seriously, all of this rebuilding shit in the NFL is made up. There isn't a such thing.

I was on record many many times that I wouldn't have given LJ a huge contract.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:46 AM
I agree. However, I must caution you that thinking is possible anyplace but around here...

Um, did you see my reply? I already admitted that Croyle might just suck. Permanently.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I was on record many many times that I wouldn't have given LJ a huge contract.
let him walk? Franchise him?

They didn't have much of a choice. They could've shipped him off for a 2nd rounder...maybe a 1st but they weren't going to have a ton of leverage.

Why subject your fans to five years of 5 win teams for that off chance you draft a Peyton Manning who turns your franchise around and wins you that one super bowl (even though it takes a good 15 years?)

Let's be honest...

The window of opportunity for our team is SLIGHTLY open, for another three years tops, but with the lack of youth and the presence of guys like Law, Surtain, Edwards, Gonzalez, LJ, Kennison, etc...we're not going anywhere if we "rebuild", either.

Seriously...our franchise isn't in the best shape. We might as well take two or three more 10 win seasons and see if we can develop some draft picks in the next three drafts to take over for the guys that have little left in the tank.

Demonpenz
08-27-2007, 08:51 AM

I love it. I am glad we got the face of the franchise signed. We get huard in there our D is going to be strong. Some good moves in there for sure

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
let him walk? Franchise him?

They didn't have much of a choice. They could've shipped him off for a 2nd rounder...maybe a 1st but they weren't going to have a ton of leverage.

Why subject your fans to five years of 5 win teams for that off chance you draft a Peyton Manning who turns your franchise around and wins you that one super bowl (even though it takes a good 15 years?)

Let's be honest...

The window of opportunity for our team is SLIGHTLY open, for another three years tops, but with the lack of youth and the presence of guys like Law, Surtain, Edwards, Gonzalez, LJ, Kennison, etc...we're not going anywhere if we "rebuild", either.

Seriously...our franchise isn't in the best shape. We might as well take two or three more 10 win seasons and see if we can develop some draft picks in the next three drafts to take over for the guys that have little left in the tank.

That sounds great.

Just like it did in 1998, and 2002, and...

It's called complacency. What you outlined sounds very good, except that after two or three of your 10-win seasons, that becomes good enough.

We've been subscribing to your line of thinking since the AFC championship game in 1993.

At some point, I'm gonna have to come to the terms with the fact that the Chiefs won't likely win anything meaningful in my lifetime.

Hootie
08-27-2007, 08:57 AM
That sounds great.

Just like it did in 1998, and 2002, and...

It's called complacency. What you outlined sounds very good, except that after two or three of your 10-win seasons, that becomes good enough.

We've been subscribing to your line of thinking since the AFC championship game in 1993.

At some point, I'm gonna have to come to the terms with the fact that the Chiefs won't likely win anything meaningful in my lifetime.
31 teams fail to win every season...

Do you see anything on our current roster, anything at all, that indicates we're going to win a Super Bowl anytime soon?

We have a head coach capable of developing talent but incapable of managing an offense.

Right now, we're going to either have to get lucky and get hot at the right time, or we're just going to have to deal with it.

I'm going to deal with it, and cheer for the Chiefs to win every Sunday...if we stumble upon a 12-4 season and our defense turns into one of the best in the NFL...awesome! Maybe we can get lucky and win a playoff game, or two, or three, or four...

If not, at least we didn't have to suffer through a 3-13 season so we can draft Brian Brohm so that he can compete with Brodie Croyle and waste LJ's small window of opportunity...

For every Carson Palmer there are 5 Joey Harrington's...

and with our luck, I have a feeling we're going to end up with a Harrington rather than a Palmer.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 09:13 AM

Lame. Let's focus instead on how many teams have failed to win a playoff game in the last 15 years. How many teams is that? Ohh.:redface:

We have a head coach capable of developing talent but incapable of managing an offense.

Talent can make up for ALOT of coaching shortcomings.

StcChief
08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Talent can overcome a lot of issues....

will Huard be able to make up for coaching short comings on O?

Messier
08-27-2007, 09:19 AM

Do you see anything on our current roster, anything at all, that indicates we're going to win a Super Bowl anytime soon?

Right now, we're going to either have to get lucky and get hot at the right time, or we're just going to have to deal with it.

I'm going to deal with it, and cheer for the Chiefs to win every Sunday...if we stumble upon a 12-4 season and our defense turns into one of the best in the NFL...awesome! Maybe we can get lucky and win a playoff game, or two, or three, or four...

If not, at least we didn't have to suffer through a 3-13 season so we can draft Brian Brohm so that he can compete with Brodie Croyle and waste LJ's small window of opportunity...

For every Carson Palmer there are 5 Joey Harrington's...

and with our luck, I have a feeling we're going to end up with a Harrington rather than a Palmer.

Well said.

TEX
08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Um, did you see my reply? I already admitted that Croyle might just suck. Permanently.

No, I didn't. But you're still a bit "mental" from the decision so I'm gonna give you a few days before I really listen to anything you have say. I'm sure you understand...

Chiefnj2
08-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Does it really matter which QB got the nod? Does anyone really think that if Croyle won out Herm and Solari were going to open the playbook and utilize a big down field passing attack? Run the ball and short safe passes.

Otter
08-27-2007, 09:23 AM

You fit this teams M.O. to a T Hootie and you seem rather happy with it, congratulations.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/mediocrity.jpg

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Does it really matter which QB got the nod? Does anyone really think that if Croyle won out Herm and Solari were going to open the playbook and utilize a big down field passing attack? Run the ball and short safe passes.

I guess I was holding onto a sliver of hope that with Croyle's arm, they would be forced to use it once in a while, or at least Croyle would throw it downfield a few times even if they didn't want him to...

You're right though, I was dumb.

Inspector
08-27-2007, 09:29 AM

Clear enough?

She really needs to improve her scrambling ability. Has a nice long ball though, I'll give her that.

htismaqe
08-27-2007, 09:30 AM
She really needs to improve her scrambling ability. Has a nice long ball though, I'll give her that.

She has trouble seeing the routes longer than 15 yards, and she thinks the center's name is "Billy", but other than that...

Eleazar
08-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Worst thread ever

HemiEd
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM

I thought the thread was about David Jaynes until you cleared it up for me. :)