PDA

View Full Version : What kind of effect do you think HBO has had on this team

blueballs
08-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I heard one reason LJ was in a hurry to re-sign was Hard Knocks showed him tape of his team mates missing him. -haha Peterson must have given them new bikes at camp.

I don't buy it is the reason Priest came back.

Read in the Drummond thread he may have chosen KC over TB was because of the show -it will be in syndication forever.

If there is any effect I only postive ones.

percysnow
08-26-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm not complaining ,but why the hell would they choose this boring ass shitty team. . dont get me wrong its my favorite show ever but still. . .

blueballs
08-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Herm kept NY media busy
Hermisms

stevieray
08-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm not complaining ,but why the hell would they choose this boring ass shitty team. . dont get me wrong its my favorite show ever but still. . .

Lamar's death...

ROYC75
08-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Lamar's death...

Yep ............

B_Ambuehl
08-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Both Baltimore and Dallas ended up having terrible seasons the year they did Hard Knocks.

BigVE
08-26-2007, 02:16 PM
No effect whatsoever...we are what we are. Mediocrity doesnt happen over night and certainly isnt caused by HBO cameras or Steve Sabol.

easymobee
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM

From a Bronco fan: The show has been great

Interesting QB competition. (Beats watching Hasselback and Seneca or Manning and Sorgi etc ...)

LJ Holdout and Priest comeback.

Herm makes for good TV, as does Krumrie and Gunther.

Interesting Rook class ( Tyler, Bowe, and McBride ).

Classic Team ( not a Texans, Panthers, Seahawks, etc .... but an original )

Kyle Turley

88TG88
08-26-2007, 02:45 PM
From a Bronco fan: The show has been great

Interesting QB competition. (Beats watching Hasselback and Seneca or Manning and Sorgi etc ...)

LJ Holdout and Priest comeback.

Herm makes for good TV, as does Krumrie and Gunther.

Interesting Rook class ( Tyler, Bowe, and McBride ).

Classic Team ( not a Texans, Panthers, Seahawks, etc .... but an original )

Kyle Turley
Thats what I was going to say. We're not that boring just bad.

Adept Havelock
08-26-2007, 03:18 PM
What effect has HBO had? Little to none, IMO.

Yeah, you are complaining. :rolleyes:

If it's a "boring ass shitty team", do us a favor and go pick one of the 29 other squads. Sounds like you'd be far more comfortable with the excitement of the Raiduhs. Or just become a "Hot team of the moment" fanboy.

Some of us long time fans have been through over a decade and a half of bad Chiefs teams. Deal with it, or move on.

Rain Man
08-26-2007, 03:21 PM

In part, it may be coincidence, but the Chiefs offer about every interesting story you can have on a football team:

- star player holding out

- battle between long-suffering veteran and rookie for starting quarterback

- veteran superstar trying to come back from humbling injury and two years off

- veteran one-time star trying to keep his career alive (Turley), not to mention being an interesting guy

- star-studded rookie (Bowe) coming in to learn the game from a veteran from his same college

- two secure veterans hanging out to comment on stuff (Gonzalez and Dunn)

- rookie kicker trying to prove himself

- contrasts between classic hard-core coaches (Gunther and Krumrie) and the modern CEO coach (Herm), especially given Krumrie's story

- bizarre little Napoleonic GM who doesn't realize that the only thing that stands between him and success is himself

- giant archetypal defensive tackle learning the game (Tyler)

- good, solid players on the fringe battling for the last roster spot (Patterson, Brackenridge)

What better story could you have?

Rain Man
08-26-2007, 03:23 PM
What effect has HBO had? Little to none, IMO.

Yeah, you are complaining. :rolleyes:

If it's a "boring ass shitty team", do us a favor and go pick one of the 29 other squads. Sounds like you'd be far more comfortable with the excitement of the Raiduhs. Or just become a "Hot team of the moment" fanboy.

I appreciate your adherence to the official policy of not recognizing the existence of the Broncos and the Raiders.

jjjayb
08-26-2007, 03:44 PM
They chose the Chiefs because they are one of the few teams that still go away for training camp rather than just have it at home.