PDA

View Full Version : Whats the worst wreck you have witnessed or been involved in?

Redrum_69
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Whats the worst wreck you have witnessed or been involved in?

Have you ever been driving down the road, and a semi passes you..only to blow out a tire and pieces of shred slam into your car?

Have you ever caused a multiple car pileup because of your lane changing ways?

HonestChieffan
08-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Witnessed a two car head on on 470...about 3/4 mile in front of me...both drivers dead on impact

penguinz
08-27-2007, 11:56 AM
On the way back from a 4 day float trip on the niangua and current rivers a fried was driving my car and fell asleep at the wheel. All I remember was waking up as i was being thrown into the back seat as the car is flipping down the highway.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Gotta be seeing several people trapped in a burning car on I-44.

I still have nightmares about witnessing that.

RustShack
08-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I was riding my sisters bike across the highway and got hit by a car in third grade.

HemiEd
08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Several very bad ones.
1) On a boy scout trip, I think I was 12. Old couple pulled out in front of a Semi, in a 53 buick. The lady was knocked only partially out of the car, her foot caught in the door jam. She was dragged a long ways, leaving a streak of blood on the hiway. We were the first on the scene, you could see her head was half way scraped off exposing the inards. She was already dead.

2) Dad and I were on a hunting trip, on a two lane hiway with a snow white out. A car tried to pass us and met a semi head on. Nothing could be done, you could only see about 20 ft. in front of the car.

3) I hit a car broadside at about 50mph on my new Honda CB350.

siberian khatru
08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Numerous KCJohnny threads.

donkhater
08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
KC's QB situation

Scaga
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Insert a "your momma" joke here.

Bwana
08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Numerous KCJohnny threads.

LMAO

HemiEd
08-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Gotta be seeing several people trapped in a burning car on I-44.

I still have nightmares about witnessing that.

That would be a brutal memory.

Dallas Chief
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
I think it was 1990 and we were headed back from a party in Overland Park. We were on I-435 headed north just about to Midland Drive when we came up to a huge wreck. Firetrucks and ambulances everywhere. The Paramedics were giving CPR to somebody up on the rocks becasue he was thrown that high from the car. There was a cross and a wreath there for some time. The kid that passed away I think was named Jimmy and went to SM Northwest. You'd see bumberstickers all over town about "Remembering Jimmy". Still haunts me whenver I drive by there...

TN_Chief
08-27-2007, 12:34 PM
My brother's engagement?

booyaf2
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
The 2007 Kansas City Chiefs

noa
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I was in a car that flipped on the highway. Fortunately, the driver and I were both okay, but that was frickin scary.

chagrin
08-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Once on a Amtrak, travelling up the East coast from Florida to New York, an elderly couple drove into the path of the train and it was pretty nasty. The thing I remember the most is the smell of burning steel, the smoke wafting through the club car as I was drinking beer, and finally I saw the bloody body of one of them halfway hanging out the rear windshield of the car; gruesome

Baby Lee
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Didn't see the wreck, but it had to be gruesome. There was an accident in the fast lane of a 8 lane section of 55 down by South County Mall. There was a pumper situated across the leftmost two lanes and squad cars behind/before it. I get in the slow lane and as I get ready to pass the scene, I see a pickup don't 80 and the driver passenger chatting with each other heading right for the parked squad cars.

Donger
08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMDgGR7m8j4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aMDgGR7m8j4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

allen_kcCard
08-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Whats the worst wreck you have witnessed

Here is a screenshot of part of it. Warning, graphic, but still SFW

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/Kizvaar/redrum.jpg

Rausch
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Homecoming date, sophmore year...

fan4ever
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
This may be stretching "involved" but two years ago, while I was setting up for my superbowl bash, three of my golfing buddies were rear-ended and their car exploded on the Loop 101 on their way home from golf (one of them I had introduced to his future wife, whom started calling me a few hours after John was due home).

Mercifully, two of them were killed at impact, but one of them screamed and kicked at the windows until he succumbed; that latest detail the news stations were thrilled to pass along during their evening broadcast along with visuals of the inferno.

Really special guys and terribly missed.

1adam1238
08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I hit a cow in my geo metro at 60 mph. I rolled the car and managed to just need stiches in my hand. An 18 wheeler coming from the other direction made hamburger out of the cow. In Nevada...the damn open range laws suck.

Frazod
08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I've never seen a really severe one on impact, but a couple of gruesome aftermaths. Some white trash moron in a beat up camero [CP spelling] had hit the medium of a 4 lane highway, flipped and landed on top of a car in the far lane going the other way (luckily the guy in the car he landed on was fine, other than needing a fresh change of shorts). The other guy was ejected, and was laying in the middle of the road, His hip was broken badly (his foot was next to his ear) and blood was bubbling out of his mouth. I left to find help, as this was back in the dark days before cellphones, so I don't know what the aftermath was, but from his wounds it is likely that he died.

Another was even worse for what I couldn't see - a flipped over stationwagon with the roof crushed, and a river of blood flowing out from several spots. That probably meant dead family. Very disturbing.

I've also seen a few suicide-by-train aftermaths, but only after the chunks had been covered with blood-soaked white sheets.

cdcox
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM
In the aftermath category, this guy was riding his motorcycle late at night. He lost control and went airborn. His leg hit a road sign which sheered it clean off. He landed in the ditch and passed out.

The next morning he wakes up, pulls himself out of the ditch just in time to hop across the road on one foot as I'm heading to work. He's holding his other foot in his hand as he's hopping. Several other cars had stopped by then, so I kept going.

Redrum_69
08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
The next morning he wakes up, pulls himself out of the ditch just in time to hop across the road on one foot as I'm heading to work. He's holding his other foot in his hand as he's hopping. Several other cars had stopped by then, so I kept going.

:shake:

DJJasonp
08-27-2007, 02:16 PM
I think it was 1990 and we were headed back from a party in Overland Park. We were on I-435 headed north just about to Midland Drive when we came up to a huge wreck. Firetrucks and ambulances everywhere. The Paramedics were giving CPR to somebody up on the rocks becasue he was thrown that high from the car. There was a cross and a wreath there for some time. The kid that passed away I think was named Jimmy and went to SM Northwest. You'd see bumberstickers all over town about "Remembering Jimmy". Still haunts me whenver I drive by there...

holy crap...I remember seeing those signs, but had no idea what it was for.

Dunit35
08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Seen the aftermath of a wreck on my way to Guymon, OK probably 6 years ago. Semi on one side of the highway grass and a car in flames on the other. A dead body was stuck to the door of the car that they had removed. I wasn't sure if the person was dead until I read the papers the next day.