PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Trade

RustShack
08-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Someone in my league offerd me Clinton Portis and Micheal Clayton for Larry Fitzjerald and Troy Williamson.

I currently have Frank Gore, Ahmon Green, and Julias Jones at RB and Larry Fitzjerald, Vincent Jackson, Dante Stalworth, Greg Jennings, and Troy Williamson at WR.

Any thoughts? I would like to add Portis, but I'm afraid he will get hurt.

banyon
08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
I think Portis, even if he misses a couple of games is an upgrade over Green, but your receiving core looks pretty weak. Is it a 14 team league?

RustShack
08-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Yea

banyon
08-27-2007, 10:35 PM
I think I'd take it. Anytime you get quality for quantity at one of the most important positions i think you are coming out ahead. Maybe you could then package Green and or Jones with one of your other wideouts to get back a quality one from a different owner. You might wind up with a potent team then.

Mile High Mania
08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
The trade is essentially Portis for Fitzgerald... the other two guys are bench fodder and generally useless.

What is the scoring for this league? How many RBs and WRs do you start and what about flex - is there a flex spot?

Honestly - no, I don't do this deal, not for Portis. Nobody knows for sure how much time Betts will receive, he's not going to just sit on the bench waiting for Portis to re-injure himself.

Fitzgerald is a tier 1 WR and the only tier 1 guy you have... lose him and you're looking at Stallworth (injury history and inconsistent) and a bunch of upside.

I think you'll be fine with Jones as your #2 for the most part, while Green fills in on better matchups and I'd keep Fitzgerald.

There's no way that I do that deal.

Frank Gore
Ahmon Green
Julias Jones

Larry Fitzjerald
Vincent Jackson
Dante Stalworth
Greg Jennings
Troy Williamson

Mile High Mania
08-27-2007, 10:39 PM
I think I'd take it. Anytime you get quality for quantity at one of the most important positions i think you are coming out ahead. Maybe you could then package Green and or Jones with one of your other wideouts to get back a quality one from a different owner. You might wind up with a potent team then.

If that is the thought... then keep Fitzgerald, and package the likes of Green and Stallworth (for example) for a better RB. Giving up a top flight WR for Portis isn't something that I'd advise, esp after the 2006 season and presence of Betts.

RustShack
08-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Thats whats been worrying me, Betts doing so well and Portis having Knee problems.

banyon
08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
If that is the thought... then keep Fitzgerald, and package the likes of Green and Stallworth (for example) for a better RB. Giving up a top flight WR for Portis isn't something that I'd advise, esp after the 2006 season and presence of Betts.

Yeah, that might work too. I guess I don't think Janky Spanky is as fragile as some of the preseason guides make him out to be. Hey, even Fred "Glass Joe" Taylor got 1000 yards last year.

RustShack
08-27-2007, 10:44 PM
14 team league
2 RB's, 3 WR's

10 yards rushing = 1 point
15 yards recieving = 1 point
TD = 6

CHENZ A!
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM
14 team league
2 RB's, 3 WR's

10 yards rushing = 1 point
15 yards recieving = 1 point
TD = 6

you need to keep Fitzgerald, because you don't have 3 WR's worthy of starting, you could try to get something better than Clayton on the back side of that deal though, even if it means giving something better than Williamson.

RustShack
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I rejected it and told him my #1 reciever is a little much for an injury prone RB with a good backup. He will probably have another offer tomorrow.

RJ
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I would not make that trade. There is nothing in it for you.

CHENZ A!
08-27-2007, 11:00 PM
I rejected it and told him my #1 reciever is a little much for an injury prone RB with a good backup. He will probably have another offer tomorrow.

I DO think Portis is worth more than LF, only making the trade would leave you too thin at WR.

KCChiefsMan
08-27-2007, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't want Portis

banyon
08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Maybe I've read too many of Logical's posts today, but I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the year Portis has better fantasy numbers than LJ. Of course that's more an indictment of the :arrow: than praise of Portis.

huskerdooz
08-27-2007, 11:23 PM
The trade is essentially Portis for Fitzgerald... the other two guys are bench fodder and generally useless.

What is the scoring for this league? How many RBs and WRs do you start and what about flex - is there a flex spot?

Honestly - no, I don't do this deal, not for Portis. Nobody knows for sure how much time Betts will receive, he's not going to just sit on the bench waiting for Portis to re-injure himself.

Fitzgerald is a tier 1 WR and the only tier 1 guy you have... lose him and you're looking at Stallworth (injury history and inconsistent) and a bunch of upside.

I think you'll be fine with Jones as your #2 for the most part, while Green fills in on better matchups and I'd keep Fitzgerald.

There's no way that I do that deal.

Frank Gore
Ahmon Green
Julias Jones

Larry Fitzjerald
Vincent Jackson
Dante Stalworth
Greg Jennings
Troy Williamson

I'd have to go along with this analysis myself. Clayton is essentially on his way out in TB and Williamson has Jackson trying to throw him the ball in MINN.