View Full Version : loose change

blueballs
08-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Do you save your spare change
-what do you spend it on
-what are you planning on spending it on

ChiefaRoo
08-28-2007, 12:49 AM
I save it in large jars and when I order in food like pizza I pay for it with the change. The pizza guys always look at me strange but I tip them a few bucks and everyone is happy.

unothadeal
08-28-2007, 12:54 AM
coffee

CoMoChief
08-28-2007, 01:38 AM
I have a cigar box i put it in. When it gets full to the top I just take it to my bank because it has one of the change venders that is actually owned by the bank and not ****ing Coin Star. Usually when it gets to the top it can hold about $70 in it, depending if there are alot of quarters. I spend a lot of it on meter parking downtown and on MU campus. Or a lot of times before work I go to the gas station on the corner and get a 66oz drink for around 70cents.

SPchief
08-28-2007, 01:42 AM
I save it in large jars and when I order in food like pizza I pay for it with the change. The pizza guys always look at me strange but I tip them a few bucks and everyone is happy.

You pay them in change and only tip a couple of bucks? If I was your pizza guy, I'd give the tip back and say that you need it more than I do.

KCChiefsMan
08-28-2007, 02:13 AM
I save it in jars and call it the trip fund and cash it in right before I go on a vacation. Usually an extra $100-500

ChiefaRoo
08-28-2007, 04:48 AM
You pay them in change and only tip a couple of bucks? If I was your pizza guy, I'd give the tip back and say that you need it more than I do.

Dude, you have to understand. I can get a kick ass 10" pizza from a local pizza joint that is literally next door to me and it only costs $7.25 with two toppings. On top of that it's the best pizza I've ever had. The guys just walk it over, about 100ft. I give them ten bucks and it's all good. You see living in Wichita has some nice advantages.

patteeu
08-28-2007, 06:05 AM
I have a cigar box i put it in. When it gets full to the top I just take it to my bank because it has one of the change venders that is actually owned by the bank and not ****ing Coin Star.

Same here. I opened an account at the local bank where they have a coin counter machine that is free for their customers. I keep it in a jar and when it gets full I take it to the bank, count it, and deposit it.

cadmonkey
08-28-2007, 06:09 AM
I have a keg-o-rator in my kitchen, and I have a spare change jar on top of that. All that money goes to the new kegs.

seclark
08-28-2007, 07:37 AM
save all mine in a coffee can.
the wife and daughter always steal the quarters out of it, so it never amounts to too much, although i kept it hid once and got over $400 out of it. the wife used it to buy f@ckin curtains.
sec

Dartgod
08-28-2007, 07:44 AM
I save it in jars and call it the trip fund and cash it in right before I go on a vacation. Usually an extra $100-500
Same here. We will have an extra $400-$500 to take to Vegas with us in October.

Rausch
08-28-2007, 07:46 AM
I don't save it.

I'd just spend it on drugs or alcohol anyway...

Fish
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
When I was a kid, I collected all the spare change I could, and put it in a huge plastic Mickey Mouse that my old man converted into a piggy bank. I would fill it with coins, and take it to the bank and get cash, then put the cash in the bottom and start over, not spending any. My parents shit their pants when I amassed $213 over about 3 years. As an 80s kid, I might as well have been a millionaire... My first purchase was the coolest BB gun you've ever laid eyes on. I was so proud of that....

Guess how pissed I was when they made me share some of my savings with my younger sister, who didn't have the patience to save 2 nickels....

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Classic case of redistribution of wealth.

DaFace
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
I use plastic whenever possible, so I rarely have loose change. When I do, I either throw it in a jar we have at home or, more often, put it in these little "donate to the homeless" parking meters they have here in downtown Denver.

El Jefe
08-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Just recently I collected every penny I could, I seperate the pennies from the silver. Anyways, I had $50 in pennies, that was pretty nice, but it only got me 3/4 of a tank of gas in my 84 Buick though LOL.

El Jefe
08-28-2007, 09:13 AM
*Recently meaning I cashed them in recently, not gathered them recently.

Phobia
08-28-2007, 09:15 AM
We used to. We always used it for a weekend at a B&B or to do something nice on vacation.

A couple Christmases ago I got a "golf fund" jar. I presume I'm supposed to use it to pay for a round of golf. It's been full for about 6 months. I'm guessing there's $80+ in there.

FAX
08-28-2007, 09:18 AM
I put my change in an old, wooden bucket. I think it was a frontier butter bucket or something. When it's full, I take it to the overpass and throw quarters at cars.

FAX

Dartgod
08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
When I do, I either throw it in a jar we have at home or, more often, put it in these little "donate to the homeless" parking meters they have here in downtown Denver.
Why? All they'll do is use it to buy soup to throw at tax-paying citizens.

RockChalk
08-28-2007, 09:26 AM
i put it in a can and cash it when it's full. usually just spend it on shots for my friends when we go out

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Fax, you can play longer if you use nickles.

boogblaster
08-28-2007, 09:30 AM
we save it in a jar..usually gets spent on xmas presents ...

el borracho
08-28-2007, 09:31 AM
I keep my change in my truck. Usually, I grab a pocketful of change whenever I know I'm going to buy something with cash so I really never end up with a lot. In the rare times I have a bunch of change I use Coinstar.

Rain Man
08-28-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.brookstone.com/bs_assets/images/shop/large_300/529693C_p.jpg

I have this bad boy. .00002 horsepower of coin sorting thunder.

When I get enough saved up, I go to some foreign land and get mild dysentery.

Rain Man
08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
When I was a kid, I collected all the spare change I could, and put it in a huge plastic Mickey Mouse that my old man converted into a piggy bank. I would fill it with coins, and take it to the bank and get cash, then put the cash in the bottom and start over, not spending any. My parents shit their pants when I amassed $213 over about 3 years. As an 80s kid, I might as well have been a millionaire... My first purchase was the coolest BB gun you've ever laid eyes on. I was so proud of that....

Guess how pissed I was when they made me share some of my savings with my younger sister, who didn't have the patience to save 2 nickels....

Wow. Your family had its own welfare system? Did your younger sister then get pregnant so that you had to give her your cheese at dinner?

Mama Hip Rockets
08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
my wife is a waitress and makes about 7-10 bucks a day in change. we put it in a jar and buy chiefs tickets with it.

ChiefaRoo
08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
my wife is a waitress and makes about 7-10 bucks a day in change. we put it in a jar and buy chiefs tickets with it.

Do you ever ravage her the minute she walks in the door while still wearing her chili's uniform? I would, I'd be like "how do you like this refill?"

I'm just saying you have to keep it interesting. ;)

OctoberFart
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
We should all pool our loose change and by GOQUEER a hooker so he can get laid.

chasedude
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM

Your sister wasn't named FICA was she?

Fish
08-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Let's not talk about my sister.........

Stewie
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I save mine in a coffee can. I take it to the bank just to watch the new self-serve coin counting machine grind through coins and god knows what else ended up in the coffee can. It then spits out a little receipt and those numbers show up as cash or numbers in my account. It's like gambling, but I always win.