PDA

View Full Version : Does Priest declare himself ready to play this Thursday?

Chiefnj2
08-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Priest has been rambling incoherently this offseason that he is similar to great character in an inspiring story. Well, to date, Priest's 2007 return to football story has been a pretty boring story. It'll be incredibly boring if he stays on the PUP list for the next 8 weeks; there is nothing in the least bit inspiring about that. Will he declare that God has given him the okay to layeth some yardage against thy sacrificial Rams, or is the Priest story complete and will he be left to continue to "inspire" from the sidelines?

Mr. Laz
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
not being boring is the number 1 priority afterall

:spock:

Archie Bunker
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
He stays on PUP and is never heard from again IMO.

greg63
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
He stays on PUP and is never heard from again IMO.

So it would seem as long as king Carl is content to let him rot there.

Micjones
08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I doubt he plays on Thursday.
He'll be on the PUP list to start the season.

Whether or not he's activated depends on how well our backup RB's play and whether or not Bennett can stay healthy.

TN_Chief
08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
He stays on PUP and is never heard from again IMO.Unfortunately he seems determined to be heard from again and again...he just won't shut his damn yap.

luv
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Hasn't Priest already been declaring himself ready? I thought it as Carl that was keeping him on the PUP list.

patteeu
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
He may declare himself ready, but the organization won't. That would be foolish at this point unless they plan on cutting their rookie.

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 11:46 AM
He will play but not Thursday...watch him...he will be in a Chiefs uniform this season

HemiEd
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
He may declare himself ready, but the organization won't. That would be foolish at this point unless they plan on cutting their rookie.

I think they will have him stashed on the PUP as long as they can get by with it. Knock on wood, if an injury happens, he comes off of the PUP list and gets activated.

The first time he actually practices with the team, he can no longer be on the PUP.

kepp
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Only if he has another dream.

InChiefsHeaven
08-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Priest will not play on Thursday. I can't find myself writing him off totally given his history, but I really have a hard time seeing him cracking the lineup, unless someone gets injured. I mean, what if Kolby works out OK? Then Priest gets reactivated in week 4 or some crap...they're going to get rid of the rookie? For what?

Only way Priest sees the field again (as a Chief anyway) is if Bennet or Kolby or (GOD FORBID) LJ goes down with an injury. I can't bring myself to hope for that so...

...but you never know with Priest.

Valiant
08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Can he play and then be put on the PUP list??

I don't think he can that is why they have been letting him practice with the team or in preseason.. If he plays I believe he has to be on the team or cut.. That is why Carl wants him on the PUP list in case we need him and to get him more ready by midseason if we need a RB..

That and the fact that no other teams have expressed an interest in Priest as a Backup is quite telling on his stage of ability right now.. You would figure some team would throw out a 6th or 7th for a player to come in as a quality backup if he was completely healthy and ready...

HemiEd
08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Can he play and then be put on the PUP list??

I don't think he can that is why they have been letting him practice with the team or in preseason.. If he plays I believe he has to be on the team or cut.. That is why Carl wants him on the PUP list in case we need him and to get him more ready by midseason if we need a RB..

That and the fact that no other teams have expressed an interest in Priest as a Backup is quite telling on his stage of ability right now.. You would figure some team would throw out a 6th or 7th for a player to come in as a quality backup if he was completely healthy and ready...

See post 10.