PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs vs. Rams- what are we hoping to see?

el borracho
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I will be interested in seeing
* how our Oline does
* some long scoring drives
* the overall time of possession
* if any of our WRs deserve to be in the NFL

What will you be looking for this Thursnight?

Simply Red
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
LJ four carries for ttl. yards = 18 That'd be my best guess anyway.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
we will win, because we always beat the lambs it seems like.

Archie Bunker
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Croyle exploding for big numbers and fueling the controversy.

LJ injury free.

Bowe with a few grabs.

Drummond with a couple of nice returns.

Any sign of passion from the D.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I want to see Croyle improve some more and Bowe and Sippio getting some balls thrown their way. Oh and how about a WIN!

Sure-Oz
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I also want to see brodie's wife naked at halftime

Mr. Laz
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
a defense that can actually tackle

an offense that doesn't look like it's high school

KCJohnny
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm hoping to see some execution. Its a safe bet we won't see too much of the playbook, so some decent execution of the fundamentals is all I'm looking for.

Oh, what'll probably happen is Croyle will look comparitively crisp against the Lambs' suspect D and get all this QB controversey going again.

As for me, I'm hoping to see Jeff Terrell get some more snaps. I think his upside is better than the other 3 combined.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I know the general rule of thumb is for the first unit to play only 1 or 2 drives, but with the absolute atrocious play of the first team offense thus far this preseason Herm should play them the entire first half. They certainly need the practice.

pikesome
08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
What will you be looking for this Thursnight?

Sex with a super-model, I'm figuring the chances aren't very good though. :(

In the game? A good reason not to just read the box scores instead of watching live.

pikesome
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm hoping to see some execution.

Any WRs who drops the ball?

Simply Red
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
To answer the original question though; Performance on both sides O the ball.

StcChief
No injury. Some game execution by Huard/Croyle.

Few carries for LJ

run some routes for TG/EK/Bowe

Drummond take it to the house on their indoor fast track.

Our CBs,LBs keep Bruce/Holt in check (like last year)

L.A. Chieffan
ROFL

suds79
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm wanting to see Brodie play good showing he'll be ready when Damon gets pulled and I want to see a lot of playing time and catches from Bowe.

Anything to get Sammie Parker off the field.

BBQ for all at my place the day he gets cut.

RustShack
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Sippio, Bowe, and Webb getting some catches. Croyle stealing the starting the starting job from Huard. The return of Larry Johnson. Jarrad Page and Benard Pollard at safety, Tank and Turk on the Dline, all haveing a great game!

ChiefsfaninPA
08-28-2007, 11:34 AM
LJ sitting or standing on the sideline with his cap on looking pissed because the coach said no carries for you grasshopper.

Natty_Light_Man
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I would like to see at least one team play football. Considering neither have so far this year. I realize it is preseaon but enough is enough. The starts look cold and slow, no execution. I guess the coaches believe in miracles.....

Natty_Light_Man
08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Why don't they only have us pay 10% for ticket prices. That would still be over priced for the quality of football we are entertained with.

HemiEd
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
LJ sitting or standing on the sideline with his NY Yankees cap on crooked, looking pissed because the coach said no carries for you grasshopper.

fyp

Wile_E_Coyote
08-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Dante Hall with negative return yards. So nothing new really

GarySpFc
08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Croyle throwing 5 touchdowns to Bobby Sippio.

InChiefsHeaven
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Dante scoring twice, only to have them called back on penalties. (Just want to see him freak out...)

Bowe getting 5 catches for 100 yards, and breaking tackles all the way.

Defense. Just Defense.

PastorMikH
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd like to see a WIN.

I'd also like for Croyle to step up and prove that Herm is wrong.

I'd like to see Bowe contribute.

I'd like to see Parker pull a hamstring... oh wait, that isn't a good thing to say, Lord please forgive me.

Frosty
Croyle stealing the starting the starting job from Huard.

If that happens, how much do you want to bet that Huard's injury will suddenly be worse and Croyle will "have to" start the regular season? Then, if Croyle struggles, Huard will then heal up and take over, since the starter "can't lose his job due to injury"?

Simply Red
Dante scoring twice, only to have them called back on penalties. (Just want to see him freak out...)

Bowe getting 5 catches for 100 yards, and breaking tackles all the way.

Defense. Just Defense.
Forgot about his being in STL.

Simply Red
08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
I'd like to see a WIN.

I'd also like for Croyle to step up and prove that Herm is wrong.

I'd like to see Bowe contribute.

I'd like to see Parker pull a hamstring... oh wait, that isn't a good thing to say, Lord please forgive me.
:Scanlon:

greg63
08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I have zero expectations at this point.

FAX
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Honestly, I'm hoping to see an alien spacecraft land at mid-field, abduct Hermoine, and perform bizarre, ritualistic, and unspeakable tests on him with their enormous, ice-cold probes and long, skinny fingers.

FAX

Crashride
08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
a win

Rooster
08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Dante Hall with negative return yards.

I hope so. I don't think I could take him running one back on the Chiefs. :shake:

Jilly
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
1. The O-Line blocking

2. The WRs catching and maybe even going out of their way a time or two to catch.

3. The Defense keeping Steven Jackson to a minimum

svuba
08-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I want to see a Total implosion at the planet.

Brodie Throws for 2 Tds in One quarter..Then throws 3 Horrible INTs.

Huard only throws incomplete passes...no completions... all of them are thrown to Bowe who drops every ball..

Casey Printers Fumbles 4 times yet still manages to Throw 2 TDs and rush for 190 yards and 3 TDs.

Boomer rushes for 200 yards and blocks like Will shields

Bell has 15 tackles and 4 sacks and 3 INts.

All of our Touchdowns are called back for Holding on Svitek..Chiefs lose 0-3

talastan
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
1) A WIN!!!! The lambs better not win this one.

2) Croyle putting up a good showing. Even if he doesn't start at least make things interesting.

3) A completely different OL out there, preferably the good one the coaching staff keeps telling us about.

digi2fish
08-28-2007, 03:03 PM
someone throw some crap on the face of Taiwan's president

Mr. Laz
08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
I want to see a Total implosion at the planet.

Brodie Throws for 2 Tds in One quarter..Then throws 3 Horrible INTs.

Huard only throws incomplete passes...no completions... all of them are thrown to Bowe who drops every ball..

Casey Printers Fumbles 4 times yet still manages to Throw 2 TDs and rush for 190 yards and 3 TDs.

Boomer rushes for 200 yards and blocks like Will shields

Bell has 15 tackles and 4 sacks and 3 INts.

All of our Touchdowns are called back for Holding on Svitek..Chiefs lose 0-3
nothing like putting your dickness ahead of your team's success.

HonestChieffan
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope they show the arch and talk about italian food on the hill. The game will suck and I hate anything else related to StLouis

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Dante Hall with negative return yards. So nothing new really

The Rams and Raiders game was shown here in St. Louis.
Dante actually fielded one kick and actually ran straight ahead for a very nice return.

RustShack
08-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Drummond do alot better than Hall.

Spott
08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see Dante take one to the house.

BIG_DADDY
08-28-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm hoping to win the lotto.

kstater
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM

I think that is a real possibility. Colquitt has been bombing some kicks this year, and has gotten lucky that the gunners have gotten there in time. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few run back against the Chiefs this year.

I'm also looking for no injuries.

DaKCMan AP
08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
The game. Hopefully someone will stream it on sopcast.

If I can watch I'll be looking at the following:
- How Eddie Drummond performs in the return game
- Our 1st team O:
1. How LJ looks, his quickness and if he breaks any tackles.
2. O-Line, still without McIntosh but hopefully improved.
- Our 1st team D:
1. Tackling. Please do this.
2. Can we stop Steven Jackson and the Rams WRs?
- Will look to see if Bowe or Sippio can make any plays.
- Watch the final bid by Brackenridge & Patterson
- Boomer's progress at FB
- Medlock hopefully getting some opportunities to gain confidence in the kicking game

FloridaMan88
08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm looking forward to watching the Lambs offense, because that it is the type of offense the Chiefs should strive to become. Talented, explosive WRs in Bruce, Holt, Drew Bennett and Dante Hall (who can now be a slot WR which is his best position), an accurate QB in the Trent Green-mold, solid offensive line and explosive RB who can also be a WR out of the backfield.

Of course besides the talent the Lambs also have an aggressive mind-set on offense that looks to get the ball down the field in the passing game early and often and score as many points as possible

This is what the Chiefs had on offense until a certain fraud of a head coach with a career sub-.500 record ruined everything and this is what they should strive to return to.

Archie Bunker
08-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I hope I don't see Leonard doing this

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM7PLopk7XA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM7PLopk7XA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Deberg_1990
08-29-2007, 12:00 PM

I thought white men cant jump?

Calcountry
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
I will be interested in seeing
* how our Oline does
* some long scoring drives
* the overall time of possession
* if any of our WRs deserve to be in the NFL

What will you be looking for this Thursnight?Same chit, different season.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I want Croyle to put up Marino esque numbers, and makes Huard shit a chocolate squirrel in amazement

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2007, 01:23 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM7PLopk7XA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lM7PLopk7XA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Leonard Leap

Inspector
08-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Might be better after the game. Need to keep my focus on the field during the game. Then afterwards..........

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the Lambs offense, because that it is the type of offense the Chiefs should strive to become. Talented, explosive WRs in Bruce, Holt, Drew Bennett and Dante Hall (who can now be a slot WR which is his best position), an accurate QB in the Trent Green-mold, solid offensive line and explosive RB who can also be a WR out of the backfield.

Of course besides the talent the Lambs also have an aggressive mind-set on offense that looks to get the ball down the field in the passing game early and often and score as many points as possible

This is what the Chiefs had on offense until a certain fraud of a head coach with a career sub-.500 record ruined everything and this is what they should strive to return to.

Yeah, that AMAZING Rams offense that has scored exactly SEVEN points more than KC this PS?

Yeah, we should DEFINITELY be striving for 12 points per game.....

:rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2007, 01:59 PM

He should have plenty of opportunity, seeing as how Steven Jackson hasn't played more than 1 series in any of their PS games.

DaKCMan AP
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM

That amazing Rams offense that we outscored 31-17 last season in St. Louis? Yeah, that was a truly impressive performance by them.

TEX
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM

:clap:

Bob Dole
08-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Bob Dole sort of hoped to see our starting QB throw a ****ing pass.

Alas, it was not to be.

chuxtrux
08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I want to see Carl in the booth talking to the announcers only to see Jack Harry over react on the news

" WHY IS CARL UP THERE? ILL TELL YA WHY FOLKS, ITS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BE ON CAMERA MORE THAN HE WANTS TO WIN. AS A MATTER OF FACT, CARL ONCE TOLD SOMEONE HE IS GLAD WE LOSE IN THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR. HE SAID HE WOULD RATHER BE 8-8 THAN BE IN THE SUPER BOWL. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU FOLKS, BUT I WANT TO BE IN THE SUPER BOWL. AND I WANT SOME CIGARETTES TOO"

Marlboro_Chief
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Brodie Croyle 27-33, 432 YDS, 6 TD

Priest Holmes 10 car, 75 yards TD
Kolby Smith 14 car, 156 yds 2 TD

Logical
08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I am hoping we don't play any key starters at all. This 4th game is a complete waste of time.

Crashride
08-29-2007, 04:39 PM
im guessing priest isnt playing, id like to see him get some time

big nasty kcnut
08-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Hot cheerleaders and see boomer get some good yards and pound someone to next week.

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
In order of importance:

1.) No injuries. Yes, Dr. Doom, even Huard.

2.) Since Huard isn't playing, I'd like to see Croyle play at LEAST the 1st half, if not 3 quarters. This is the last PT the kid is gonna get for a while. The depth chart is set...who gives a shit about Printers or Terrell getting time. Waste of time.

3.) I'm not expecting many starters to play, but I'd like to see the guys that DO play do so with some fire and intensity. I could care less whether we win or lose, considering it'll be all backups, but I want to see some positive momentum carried into Houston.

4a.) I'd like to see LJ get at least 2 series or 5-8 carries. Not sure he'll get that many.

4b.) I'm hoping Medlock gets at LEAST 1 chance, and drills it. I'm thinking Week 1 will be a tight game, and we need this kid to have his head screwed on straight. He may be the difference between a W and L.

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I am hoping we don't play any key starters at all. This 4th game is a complete waste of time.

With the exception of LJ getting a few carries, I completely agree.

Rick
08-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Medlock make a field goal........some xtra pt. opportunities would be nice too.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I need to see LJ score a touchdown.

Logical
08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I guess I am different I personally hope we don't see LJ at all. San Diego is smart and LT never played a down in preseason.

Marlboro_Chief
08-29-2007, 06:35 PM
With the exception of LJ getting a few carries, I completely agree.

You're still a dumbshit for taking my rep comment literally. It was just a phrase to remind you that you are still a pussy for believing the NFL should have pansy rules that diminish the integrity of football.

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2007, 09:22 PM
You're still a dumbshit for taking my rep comment literally. It was just a phrase to remind you that you are still a pussy for believing the NFL should have pansy rules that diminish the integrity of football.

Once again, go **** yourself.

Welcome to ignore, douchebag.

Literally.