PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Coupon Book...

penguinz
08-29-2007, 07:09 AM
My daughter just started Kindergarten and they already have their first fundraiser for school. They are selling the entertainment coupon books.

They win prizes for number of books sold and she really wants to get the digital Camera. She needs to sell at least 35 to get it.

If anyone is interested please send me a PM with your email so I can send you a purchase link. There are tons of great coupons.

They are $20 each.

StcChief
08-29-2007, 07:17 AM
better than wrapping paper or candy

jidar
08-29-2007, 07:23 AM
My wife and I feel that fundraisers have been overdone to death and I hate feeling like a telemarketer trying to sell this shit to my friends and co-workers. I'm at the point now where I just buy a few orders of whatever it is they're selling and we're done with it.

Apparently we're not the only ones who feel this way either, my daughters softball team this year the coach actually asked us if we wanted to do a fund raiser and the parents overwhelmingly said no and that they would rather pay cash out of their own pocket. Thank god for that.

Scaga
08-29-2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah...there's nothing like the school system trying to turn your kids into little door-to-door salesmen.. :banghead:

:shake:

Nzoner
08-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah...there's nothing like the school system trying to turn your kids into little door-to-door salesmen.. :banghead:

:shake:

In defense of the school system and little league etc.I have to say it was the best thing that ever happened to me.I took to sales at a very early age thanks to these kind of fundraisers and ended up making a career of it,so imo it can be a very rewarding thing for a child as well.

memyselfI
08-29-2007, 07:40 AM
My wife and I feel that fundraisers have been overdone to death and I hate feeling like a telemarketer trying to sell this shit to my friends and co-workers. I'm at the point now where I just buy a few orders of whatever it is they're selling and we're done with it.

Apparently we're not the only ones who feel this way either, my daughters softball team this year the coach actually asked us if we wanted to do a fund raiser and the parents overwhelmingly said no and that they would rather pay cash out of their own pocket. Thank god for that.

Bravo. I would rather write one BIG FAT CHECK for a cause than be nickled and dimed to death. Not to mention that I have bought from people's kids and then when it was time to return the favor they passed...

fugg that.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 07:51 AM
My daughter got one of these sent home too. FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

And we have one of the higher school tax rates around here.

Ridiculous.

pikesome
08-29-2007, 08:05 AM

I refuse to allow fundraising for school in my house. I don't think that kids should even be exposed to it for normal school functions. I can understand if it was for a extracurricular activities but it rarely is.

Extra Point
08-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Don't forget the book fees, and all the trimmings. We're the proud owners of 2 entertainment books that our boy's band program sold us.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Entertainment Coupon books = You use 3 coupons out of it in the first month, then it sits around and collects dust the 11 months after.

penguinz
08-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Entertainment Coupon books = You use 3 coupons out of it in the first month, then it sits around and collects dust the 11 months after.There are many coupons that if you use only 1 or 2 you make your money back. I.E. Free green fee with purchase of 1 green fee.

Simply Red
08-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Bravo. I would rather write one BIG FAT CHECK for a cause than be nickled and dimed to death. Not to mention that I have bought from people's kids and then when it was time to return the favor they passed...

fugg that.
This is just mean! :shake:

Sure-Oz
08-29-2007, 10:56 AM

fugg that.
wow, that was totally unnecessary.

penguinz
08-29-2007, 11:08 AM

fugg that.There are no nickels or dimes involved. Just a clean, crisp $20 bill.

Eleazar
08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
My daughter got one of these sent home too. FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

And we have one of the higher school tax rates around here.

Ridiculous.

Quantity 'required' always > quantity supplied

Groves
08-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Our school has a policy against them. We're very grateful.

memyselfI
08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
There are no nickels or dimes involved. Just a clean, crisp $20 bill.

I wasn't talking about this offer. I was talking in general about the amount of fundraising that is done for the schools and scouts and sports...nikel and diming people to death.

My son brought home a fundraiser his first week of school. I told him I'd buy some crap from the catalog but that I would much rather give him a $50.00 check than buy a bunch of stuff I don't want or need. Especially since the school only gets a % of the amount collected anyway. We couldn't do that because they are soliciting donations AND doing a fundraiser. Of course they discourage the kids from going door to door so that puts the parents in a position to have to take it to work or hit up all the relatives or family friends.

So I buy crap I don't need. I did get one person (without children) to buy one thing and another whom I've bought GS cookies for two years passed. I'll be passing on her next fundraiser. I wish we could pass on this extortion...

Did you realize could buy her a much nicer digital camera than she will ever 'win' with all the money she makes.

teedubya
08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
little did I know i posting a repost.

penguinz
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Did you realize could buy her a much nicer digital camera than she will ever 'win' with all the money she makes.Are you serious! I never knew that!

The fun part for her is winning the camera. She is 5. She could care less the quality as long as she can take pictures of her little brothers feet and the TV all day long.

El Jefe
08-29-2007, 03:38 PM
There are no nickels or dimes involved. Just a clean, crisp $20 bill.

LMAO

BIG_DADDY
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
I wasn't talking about this offer. I was talking in general about the amount of fundraising that is done for the schools and scouts and sports...nikel and diming people to death.

My son brought home a fundraiser his first week of school. I told him I'd buy some crap from the catalog but that I would much rather give him a $50.00 check than buy a bunch of stuff I don't want or need. Especially since the school only gets a % of the amount collected anyway. We couldn't do that because they are soliciting donations AND doing a fundraiser. Of course they discourage the kids from going door to door so that puts the parents in a position to have to take it to work or hit up all the relatives or family friends.

So I buy crap I don't need. I did get one person (without children) to buy one thing and another whom I've bought GS cookies for two years passed. I'll be passing on her next fundraiser. I wish we could pass on this extortion...

Did you realize could buy her a much nicer digital camera than she will ever 'win' with all the money she makes.

It's not nearly as efficient as terrorist training camps one and done philosophy is it?

Valiant
08-29-2007, 04:04 PM
My daughter just started Kindergarten and they already have their first fundraiser for school. They are selling the entertainment coupon books.

They win prizes for number of books sold and she really wants to get the digital Camera. She needs to sell at least 35 to get it.

If anyone is interested please send me a PM with your email so I can send you a purchase link. There are tons of great coupons.

They are $20 each.

What kind of digital camera is it.. They do sell some for 20 dollars and that is more then likely the one she will win...

Seriously your girl has to raise 700 dollars for her to get a digital camera??

Valiant
08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Are you serious! I never knew that!

The fun part for her is winning the camera. She is 5. She could care less the quality as long as she can take pictures of her little brothers feet and the TV all day long.

God I hate agreeing with that witch Duhnese but those things are just like extortion groups now..

How about you make a contest to where she cleans up the house and her room for a month or so and if she does a good job she will win a camera from you..

Saves you money and you don't have to extort money from friends and family..

penguinz
08-29-2007, 04:08 PM
What kind of digital camera is it.. They do sell some for 20 dollars and that is more then likely the one she will win...

Seriously you girl has to raise 700 dollars for her to get a digital camera??
Again. It has nothing to do with buying a damn camera. She gets other stuff as well as the camera if she meets that goal. Don;t you remember when you were a 5 year old? I am sure most of you spent way too much money to win prizes from this sort of thing or others such as prizes in cracker jack boxes, etc...

Mr. Flopnuts
08-29-2007, 04:25 PM
God I hate agreeing with that witch Duhnese but those things are just like extortion groups now..

How about you make a contest to where she cleans up the house and her room for a month or so and if she does a good job she will win a camera from you..

Saves you money and you don't have to extort money from friends and family..

Good idea. The fundraiser bullshit is played out. I wonder if my parents thought the same thing about it that I do now when I was a kid.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Has anyone actually bought those entertainment books? Am I the only one that has had multiple merchants turn the coupons down? It seems like a good thing to do when they sign up, but once the money starts coming out of their pockets, those coupons turn into worthless pieces of paper.

BIG_DADDY
08-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Has anyone actually bought those entertainment books? Am I the only one that has had multiple merchants turn the coupons down? It seems like a good thing to do when they sign up, but once the money starts coming out of their pockets, those coupons turn into worthless pieces of paper.

Most places I eat give me a discount anyway making those books worthless to me.

Lzen
08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Most places I eat give me a discount anyway making those books worthless to me.

I can't wait until I get old and start getting those senior citizen discounts. You lucky dog, you.

:p