PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Predictions?

Jilly
08-29-2007, 09:22 AM
North?

South?

Too soon to tell???

ORRRR....

College football is not discussed around these here parts?

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
NORTH:
1. Missouri
2. Nebraska
3. Kansas State
4. Kansas
5. Colorado
6. Iowa State

SOUTH:
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma State
4. Texas Tech
5. Texas A&M
6. Baylor

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:25 AM
College football is not discussed around these here parts?
It's not discussed that heavily due to the majority of the Chiefs fan base being KU/MU fans, but MU looks awfully good this year, so who knows.

Archie Bunker
08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
North
1. MU
2. Neb
3. KSU
4. KU
5. CU
6. ISU

South
1. UT
2. A&M
3. OU
4. OSU
5. TT
6. Baylor

HonestChieffan
08-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Mu will crash and burn...Pinkle cant get there.

KU will do well...patsy schedule helps them. KSU...who knows what the coach can do...he talks a good line..

Nebraska will be tough as always

South will always be stronger than north

No matter what MU will fall out on basis of bad calls. Its always bad calls that do it to them.

kepp
08-29-2007, 09:29 AM
It's not discussed that heavily due to the majority of the Chiefs fan base being KU/MU fans, but MU looks awfully good this year, so who knows.
Our offense certainly looks good, but there's a big 'ol question mark over the defense.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:31 AM

1996-2003 would disagree with you.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Iowa State wins the North

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Iowa State wins the North
Sure.

kepp
Mu will crash and burn...Pinkle cant get there.

KU will do well...patsy schedule helps them. KSU...who knows what the coach can do...he talks a good line..

Nebraska will be tough as always

No matter what MU will fall out on basis of bad calls. Its always bad calls that do it to them.
I watched part of a special on TV about 2007 KU football the other day. They interviewed one of the linebackers (don't remember her name): "If we don't win 9 games, we'll win them all!" uhh...yeah :rolleyes:

DMAC
Any team that uses shotgun 5 wide in their goaline offense will never get to the next level.

kepp
08-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Any team that uses shotgun 5 wide in their goaline offense will never get to the next level.
Yeah, that makes me struggle.

Archie Bunker
08-29-2007, 09:39 AM

Don't get me started. :cuss:

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 09:46 AM
People want to see MU win the North regardless of their shaky defense.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:47 AM
People want to see MU win the North regardless of their shaky defense.
The only reason I give them the nod over NU is because NU plays them in Columbia.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 09:50 AM
The only reason I give them the nod over NU is because NU plays them in Columbia.

Right, that's what everybody says. That game will be a slugfest.

DJJasonp
08-29-2007, 10:19 AM
The Fat Man will have a polish sausage lodged in his throat at halftime of game 3.....he goes into cardiac arrest and dies...the team rallies behind the tragedy....and KU goes on to win the North.

Lzen
08-29-2007, 10:25 AM

Funny thing is that 8-10 years ago, people said just the opposite. It isn't any more true now than it was back then.

Jilly
08-29-2007, 10:41 AM
so, seems Mizzou is the consensus for the North...what's the reasoning here?

Daniels' second year?
Temple's sr. year?
great wide receivers?
experienced offense???

HonestChieffan
08-29-2007, 10:43 AM
because there are more MU fans posting than the other 11

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 10:50 AM
so, seems Mizzou is the consensus for the North...what's the reasoning here?

Daniels' second year?
Temple's sr. year?
great wide receivers?
experienced offense???
Daniel had a pretty good year last year in his first year as a starter, and most would expect he improves.

Temple is not really an impact. He really underachieved and never lived up to his hype. I'm glad he didn't go to KSU.

WR's, not really. They do have one of the best TE's in the country though in Chase Coffman.

Defense, who knows?

The reasoning is MU will win it by default, because none of the other teams are that great, and MU gets NU at home, and NU is not very good on the road under Bill Callahan.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Iowa State won't finish last in the North, they will be one of the top 3 with Nebraska and Missouri.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Iowa State won't finish last in the North, they will be one of the top 3 with Nebraska and Missouri.

ROFL

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
ROFL

and they BEAT IOWA!

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:16 PM
and they BEAT IOWA!

That's entirely possible. It's a rivalry game, and Iowa State tends to get way up for the Iowa game. It's also in Ames. Iowa also has quite a bit of uncertainty on the roster, especially at QB.

Of course, I won't be at all surprised if Iowa rolls the Sucklones by 3 TD's either...

That all being said, it all comes down to Colorado. If they show any improvement at all, Iowa State better be prepared to finish last in the North.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Iowa State had a young and pretty good defense last year, and Gene is just going to make it better. Everywhere hes been hes made it one of the best defenses in the nation. They will pretty much have a new Oline this year, but its already looking better than it did last year. I think their season will really depend on the Oline this year and so far so good. You will hear alot of Meyer to Blythe this year, and Sumrall isn't that bad of a reciever either. Transfer WR Wallace is probably the fastest guy on the team and he also has pretty good hands... but I don't know how much he will play this year. ISU also had a RB transfer named JJ Bass I think he will be the starter, we also still have Scales. Iowa State is going to suprize alot of people this year, and their new coach will make them even stronger in the future.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Iowa State had a young and pretty good defense last year, and Gene is just going to make it better. Everywhere hes been hes made it one of the best defenses in the nation.

I remember hearing the same things about Gunther. GC is a great coordinator, no doubt. But it remains to be seen how good of a head coach he is.

They will pretty much have a new Oline this year, but its already looking better than it did last year. I think their season will really depend on the Oline this year and so far so good.

I think you're gonna be disappointed at the end of the day. The o-line has yet to see any actual competition.

Iowa State is going to suprize alot of people this year, and their new coach will make them even stronger in the future.

They are building for the future, yes. But methinks you're the one that's going to be "surprized". The over/under on wins is 4.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:36 PM
You could be right about the Oline, but if they are pretty good Iowa State will be pretty good. It could go either way. They had some really good linemen transfer from small schools, of course they wont be so dominate in D1, but I'm sure they wont be that bad and a couple of them make the starting lineup.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Also there is a diffrence between Gunther coming here and Gene going to ISU, Iowa State already has a pretty good D and KC didn't.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
You could be right about the Oline, but if they are pretty good Iowa State will be pretty good. It could go either way. They had some really good linemen transfer from small schools, of course they wont be so dominate in D1, but I'm sure they wont be that bad and a couple of them make the starting lineup.

ISU has been trying the JUCO OL route for over a decade and the one thing they've really lacked for that decade is an offensive line.

You're gonna have to forgive me, but I'm gonna have to see them do it in live-fire action before I'm ready to admit that they're gonna be any good.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
God bless you, Iowa State.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Also there is a diffrence between Gunther coming here and Gene going to ISU, Iowa State already has a pretty good D and KC didn't.

I was talking about 1999, when Gunther made the transition from coordinator to head coach.

See also, Norv Turner.

MANY coordinators who are considered "gurus" at their craft turn out to be mediocre head coaches.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
They will be kinda like KC this year, have the ability to be really good... just depends of if them come together. The main thing I'm really looking forward to is Their new coach, I'm glad McCarney is finally out the door and someone who can and hopefully will bring a winning program is here now.

I don't really like what hes doing to their jerseys though.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I was talking about 1999, when Gunther made the transition from coordinator to head coach.

See also, Norv Turner.

MANY coordinators who are considered "gurus" at their craft turn out to be mediocre head coaches.

Its a good thing this is the NCAA and not the NFL.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
They will be kinda like KC this year, have the ability to be really good... just depends of if them come together. The main thing I'm really looking forward to is Their new coach, I'm glad McCarney is finally out the door and someone who can and hopefully will bring a winning program is here now.

I don't really like what hes doing to their jerseys though.

McCarney was the winningest coach in your school's HISTORY. I think you might want to adjust your expectations of what ISU football is, and what it can be...

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Its a good thing this is the NCAA and not the NFL.

It holds true in the NCAA as well, the NFL examples are just easier to find because there's fewer coaches...

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I think you might want to adjust your expectations of what ISU football is, and what it can be...
I went to Ames a couple years back for a game and that stadium is totally bush league. They play loud blaring rap music that you can't understand, and the announcer is clown shoes.

"Clayton tries the left side for a couple of yards"

RustShack
08-29-2007, 12:49 PM
McCarney was the winningest coach in your school's HISTORY. I think you might want to adjust your expectations of what ISU football is, and what it can be...

McCarney took a big step for ISU, now Chizik is taking another one.

ISUJeff
08-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Iowa State had a young and pretty good defense last year

No, ISU did not have a good defense last year. Our defense allowed over 70% completions. We did have 2-3 very good defensive players, but far from a good defense. You sound like you know the team well, but had to disagree with that comment.

To the thread's question, I hate Nebraska but think they're a little better overall than Missouri. For ISU, if Colorado keeps sucking we'll stay out of 6th. If Chizik works some magic, maybe steal another conference win or two. I like our future, but beside Meyer to Blythe on O and Bowen on D, ISU will be hurting this year.

Excuse me now, I need to get back to stealing credit cards and flashing money and gang signs on facebook.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
McCarney took a big step for ISU, now Chizik is taking another one.

No, he's not.

You HOPE he's going to take another one.

And that's all you have right now is HOPE.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
No, ISU did not have a good defense last year. Our defense allowed over 70% completions. We did have 2-3 very good defensive players, but far from a good defense. You sound like you know the team well, but had to disagree with that comment.

To the thread's question, I hate Nebraska but think they're a little better overall than Missouri. For ISU, if Colorado keeps sucking we'll stay out of 6th. If Chizik works some magic, maybe steal another conference win or two. I like our future, but beside Meyer to Blythe on O and Bowen on D, ISU will be hurting this year.

Excuse me now, I need to get back to stealing credit cards and flashing money and gang signs on facebook.

I didn't deserve that. I wasn't talking smack about ISU, I was being HONEST. And obviously, looking at your 2nd paragraph, you agree with me.

That being said, the reference to those two dumbasses was both funny and sad. :D :banghead:

ISUJeff
08-29-2007, 12:59 PM
That being said, the reference to those two dumbasses was both funny and sad.

No, you probably didn't deserve it. Had to mention it though because I never saw anything about it on here and I didn't want to be the one starting the thread about it (Berryman, Kenny Pratt, Sam Mack, etc)

I do agree with your analysis on ISU this year, but I think they have things in place now to get things changed for the future. Like you said though, for now it is all HOPE

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
ISU had a young defense last year. They made some mistakes and made some big stops. They weren't the best but definatly weren't the worst.

I do hope Chizik takes that step, which I think he can and will. There is a pretty good chance his first year won't be a huge success, but I think he will make ISU more successful than the previously were.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:00 PM
No, you probably didn't deserve it. Had to mention it though because I never saw anything about it on here and I didn't want to be the one starting the thread about it (Berryman, Kenny Pratt, Sam Mack, etc)

I do agree with your analysis on ISU this year, but I think they have things in place now to get things changed for the future. Like you said though, for now it is all HOPE

Well, I think ISU fans have a right to be hopeful.

It's not like GC was just some guy, his resume speaks for itself. It was an absolutely brilliant hire by Pollard. One more reason not to like that smarmy bastard. :D

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I wish ISU would just leave the Big XII. They can form a new conference with Iowa and name it
" Wrasslin' "

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
ISU had a young defense last year. They made some mistakes and made some big stops. They weren't the best but definatly weren't the worst.

I do hope Chizik takes that step, which I think he can and will. There is a pretty good chance his first year won't be a huge success, but I think he will make ISU more successful than the previously were.

The only way GC can be MORE successful than McCarney is if he can get those 8-4 seasons WITHOUT the inevitable 2-10 seasons that McCarney had. If you're expecting more than that, I think you're going to be disappointed.

So much of college football is about tradition, especially when you're talking about recruiting, and unfortunately for Iowa State, their tradition is just sad. I remember an article about college tradition back in the early 90's, I think there were 109 D-1 teams at the time. ISU was ranked 107th.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I wish ISU would just leave the Big XII. They can form a new conference with Iowa and name it
" Wrasslin' "

I'm sure as a KSU fan you know that there's football at the University of Iowa. In fact, there really wouldn't be football at KSU if it weren't for Iowa. ;)

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Chizik is building a new tradition :)

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Chizik is building a new tradition :)

I don't doubt that.

You just need to be realistic about what the upper limit of that might be.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:08 PM
The only way GC can be MORE successful than McCarney is if he can get those 8-4 seasons WITHOUT the inevitable 2-10 seasons that McCarney had. If you're expecting more than that, I think you're going to be disappointed.

So much of college football is about tradition, especially when you're talking about recruiting, and unfortunately for Iowa State, their tradition is just sad. I remember an article about college tradition back in the early 90's, I think there were 109 D-1 teams at the time. ISU was ranked 107th.
I believe Northwestern is now the losingest team in college football. Indiana is close to the bottom, too.

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2007, 01:11 PM
If Mizzou wants to take the next step they better win the North this year, if they dont and Nebraska does - the Huskers will be back to their old selfs again.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:12 PM
If Mizzou wants to take the next step they better win the North this year, if they dont and Nebraska does - the Huskers will be back to their old selfs again.
Old selves? Well, Callahan has to win more games if he wants to outperform Frank Solich.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I believe Northwestern is now the losingest team in college football. Indiana is close to the bottom, too.

Indiana for sure. I thought things were looking up until Hep died.

As for Northwestern, they went to a couple of Rose Bowls about a decade ago. That helps keep them out of the absolute basement for now.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I like to look at the positive not the negative, it helps when you like the teams that I do. No one believed me that Cleveland would do good in Basketball, but they did. Spirit and believing in yourself is a big part of winning in sports, and I think Chizik will bring a lot of that to the Cyclones.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I like to look at the positive not the negative, it helps when you like the teams that I do. No one believed me that Cleveland would do good in Basketball, but they did. Spirit and believing in yourself is a big part of winning in sports, and I think Chizik will bring a lot of that to the Cyclones.

TALENT is the key ingredient when it comes to winning in D-1 football. And even Jesus Christ himself couldn't bring a ton of it to Ames, Iowa.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
O yea Talent is a big part of it, but it takes more than just talent. I know this is different but our HS football team was a lot more talented than most of the teams we played, but we were out coached. You being from Iowa have probably heard of Harlan. Their head coach has said before that if he has Creston's talent that Harlan would be unbeatable. Which I know the basically already are unbeatable, because of their coaching.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
North:
1. NU
2. MU
3. KU
4. K state
5. Iowa State
6. sCUm

South:
1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. O State
4. Texas A&M
5. Texas Tech
6. Baylor

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:23 PM
O yea Talent is a big part of it, but it takes more than just talent. I know this is different but our HS football team was a lot more talented than most of the teams we played, but we were out coached. You being from Iowa have probably heard of Harlan. Their head coach has said before that if he has Creston's talent that Harlan would be unbeatable. Which I know the basically already are unbeatable, because of their coaching.

Well, IMO, the effect of coaching is inversely related to the amount of talent.

In HS, most of your players (unless you're at a real football factory) aren't very talented. Great coaching is accentuated because you don't have players on the opposing team that are unstoppable, regardless of scheme.

As the overall talent level increases, the overall effects of coaching are lessened.

And yes, I'm familiar with Harlan. Knocked us out of the 2-A playoffs 2 years in a row. (that should give you a hint aobut how long ago it was, since Harlan is now 3-A like Creston)

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 01:29 PM
KSU was at the bottom of college football for what??? 50 years? Only Snyder has been able to recruit there. Look for them to crash and burn as Snyder's players leave.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:30 PM
I know Iowa State dosn't have the talent, but I think they can slowly build and the more they win every year the more players they will be able to recruite. I think they are capable of having a pretty good year and if they do it is a step in the right direction. Iowa State kinda likes to have a good year then an off year, well last year was an off year and we are now due a good one. I'll cling to my hope and I just can't wait until Tomorrow night.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
I know Iowa State dosn't have the talent, but I think they can slowly build and the more they win every year the more players they will be able to recruite. I think they are capable of having a pretty good year and if they do it is a step in the right direction. Iowa State kinda likes to have a good year then an off year, well last year was an off year and we are now due a good one. I'll cling to my hope and I just can't wait until Tomorrow night.

I can't wait either. Kent State will be 1-0. :evil:

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
It could happen, but I doubt it.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:34 PM
KSU was at the bottom of college football for what??? 50 years? Only Snyder has been able to recruit there. Look for them to crash and burn as Snyder's players leave.
We played mostly with Prince players and went 7-6 last year, Skip. ;)

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah, unfortunately Snyder took yet another page out of his mentor's handbook - make sure the cupboard is pretty much completely bare.

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Does anyone happen to know if there are many ISU games televised in the Waterloo area? I just moved here. The last couple days they have been showing alot of ISU game replays on the mediacom channel, so I'm hoping the will have live games on there too.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Does anyone happen to know if there are many ISU games televised in the Waterloo area? I just moved here. The last couple days they have been showing alot of ISU game replays on the mediacom channel, so I'm hoping the will have live games on there too.

I know that tomorrow night's game is not televised at all, anywhere.

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
See. You're already going downhill from the Snyder days. What other coach has ever done anything at KSU? Snyder was the exception, not the rule. Wave as you go sliding by.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Saturday Night, ESPN 6:45 PM K-State @ Auburn! I'm pumped!...

..even though we'll probably lose :(

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Does anyone happen to know if there are many ISU games televised in the Waterloo area? I just moved here. The last couple days they have been showing alot of ISU game replays on the mediacom channel, so I'm hoping the will have live games on there too.Head to the Dome for the UNI game instead.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
See. You're already going downhill from the Snyder days. What other coach has ever done anything at KSU? Snyder was the exception, not the rule. Wave as you go sliding by.
Downhill? The previous 2 years, we went 4-7 and 5-6.

Archie Bunker
08-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Saturday Night, ESPN 6:45 PM K-State @ Auburn! I'm pumped!...

..even though we'll probably lose :(

It'll be a real good test against a tough team on the road. Should be an interesting game.

htismaqe
08-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Head to the Dome for the UNI game instead.

That's a great idea.

That way he can get a good look at the team that's going to be beating his beloved Sucklones next week! :evil:

RustShack
08-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Hopefully I can find it on some channel, if not I'm sure I can still find it on the radio up here.

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Downhill? The previous 2 years, we went 4-7 and 5-6.
So you've only slid to so-so thus far. Go look at what KSU was before Snyder. I wouldn't bet on your getting two miracle workers in a row after 20 failures.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:47 PM
So you've only slid to so-so thus far. Go look at what KSU was before Snyder. I wouldn't bet on your getting two miracle workers in a row after 20 failures.
I'm happy with so-so every few years if it means we are competing for the Big XII title. When was the last time KU challenged for anything in football, Skip? Pepper Rogers?

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm happy with so-so every few years if it means we are competing for the Big XII title. When was the last time KU challenged for anything in football, Skip? Pepper Rogers?
Neither are any good but KU has never been at the bottom of Division 1 for lengthy stays like KSU has. Snyder was your flash in the pan. It's over.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Neither are any good but KU has never been at the bottom of Division 1 for lengthy stays like KSU has. Snyder was your flash in the pan. It's over.
Owned.

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Owned.
OK, you win. KSU is going to rise to great heights of glory.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Nebraska has more talent than Mizzou but Mizzou has a schedule advantage. A lot of analysts like Nebraska's offense this year. I think Nebraska will take off in upcoming years regardless of what happens this year. None of the other North teams are in the top 10 to 15 nationally in recruiting. Nebraska is a year or two away from having as much talent as Texas and Oklahoma.

This is year four under the West Coast Offense. Rational thinking was that Callahan would need five years to rebuild the program. You can point to Nebraska's losses against top 10 teams last year, but Nebraska wasn't a top 10 team.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
"talent"

Such a subjective term. Solich teams had just as much talent as Callahan teams.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
"talent"

The talent wasn't good in Solich's last couple seasons. The program was going downhill. He couldn't recruit.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 03:16 PM
The talent wasn't good in Solich's last couple seasons. The program was going downhill. He couldn't recruit.
How would you identify the talent? Just from you, the football talent expert, watching them - or how many stars they have from Rivals.com?

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 03:17 PM
How would you identify the talent? Just from you, the football talent expert, watching them - or how many stars they have from Rivals.com?

everyone knows the talent was slipping

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
everyone knows the talent was slipping
Well, duh. Solich didn't have the recruiting advantages that Dr. Tom did. Tom knew when to get out.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, duh. Solich didn't have the recruiting advantages that Dr. Tom did. Tom knew when to get out.

Those "advantages" are only in your head. Maybe, just maybe, players wanted to play for Osborne. A bunch of players wanted to play for Nebraska a couple years ago until they met Solich. He couldn't recruit a whore in a strip club.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Those "advantages" are only in your head. Maybe, just maybe, players wanted to play for Osborne. A bunch of players wanted to play for Nebraska a couple years ago until they met Solich. He couldn't recruit a whore in a strip club.
What's funny is if you look at the recruiting ratings, they aren't much different.

The only glaring differences are the W/L records of Solich and Callahan.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 03:42 PM
What's funny is if you look at the recruiting ratings, they aren't much different.

The only glaring differences are the W/L records of Solich and Callahan.

The recruiting rankings are highly different between Solich and Callahan.

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
"talent"

No no, Solich ran the program into the ground, and God bless Bill Callahan for coming in and cleaning up his mess. /everyone at huskerboard.com or bigredboard.com

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
The recruiting rankings are highly different between Solich and Callahan.
The last couple of years of Solich weren't great, but just looking at star ratings is foolish. That's all you are doing. I'll eat crow once Callahan consistently wins 9-10 games a year, but so far he has been one of the worst coaches in NU history winning % wise.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 03:54 PM
No no, Solich ran the program into the ground, and God bless Bill Callahan for coming in and cleaning up his mess. /everyone at huskerboard.com or bigredboard.com
Callahan will have to win 12 games a year for the next 3 seasons to equal Solich's wins. He only has to lose 4 more games to equal Solich's losses.

Great upgrade! ;)

Zebedee DuBois
08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't under estimate Mizzou's ability to disappoint.

Archie Bunker
08-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Don't under estimate Mizzou's ability to disappoint.

So true :deevee:

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Callahan will have to win 12 games a year for the next 3 seasons to equal Solich's wins. He only has to lose 4 more games to equal Solich's losses.

Great upgrade! ;)

Solich struggled when Osborne's players graduated. For example, Eric Crouch was recruited by Osborne. His freshmen year was Osborne's final season. Callahan came in and had to deal with the junk Solich recruited on offense, like Joe Dailey. He had no offensive line or wide receivers to build on.

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM

Great upgrade! ;)
But we're losing games by a much smaller margin now!

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 04:01 PM

Great upgrade! ;)
Did Solich ever lose a game 77-7?

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
The last couple of years of Solich weren't great, but just looking at star ratings is foolish. That's all you are doing. I'll eat crow once Callahan consistently wins 9-10 games a year, but so far he has been one of the worst coaches in NU history winning % wise.

I'm looking at the final recruiting rankings. Solich had us in the 40s, Callahan has us in the top 10 to top 15.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:04 PM

The crap he left behind caused that to happen.

Coach
North
1. Missouri
2. Nebraska
3. Kansas State
4. Kansas
5. Colorado
6. Iowa State

South
1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Texas A&M
4. Oklahoma State
5. Texas Tech
6. Baylor

Saulbadguy
No. I think you are thinking 70-10.

Bugeater
Solich struggled when Osborne's players graduated. For example, Eric Crouch was recruited by Osborne. His freshmen year was Osborne's final season. Callahan came in and had to deal with the junk Solich recruited on offense, like Joe Dailey. He had no offensive line or wide receivers to build on.
Joe Dailey wasn't recruited to run the WCO, no one knows how he would've been running the option. As far as the o-line, it hasn't really improved since Callahan arrived.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm looking at the final recruiting rankings. Solich had us in the 40s, Callahan has us in the top 10 to top 15.
LOL, like any of that matters.

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
It sure was fun.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I remember reading the articles about how the Raiders were pissed at Callahan because he refused to change the signals and playcalling terms before the Super Bowl, since Gruden KNEW them all. Of course we all saw what happened there.

Then after that, Callahan STILL wouldn't adjust.

He is known to not adjust his gameplans, just watch the USC game last year and you will know that to be fact.

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 04:08 PM
http://www.freeibforums.com/forums/html/emoticons/blowup.gif

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
Joe Dailey wasn't recruited to run the WCO, no one knows how he would've been running the option. As far as the o-line, it hasn't really improved since Callahan arrived.

Dailey was afraid to take a hit! There's no way he could run the option. He didn't have speed or a good arm. He's not even playing quarterback at North Carolina right now.

Rebuilding an offensive line takes years considering the lack of depth Callahan inherited. You know the offensive line will improve beginning this year for several reasons.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
There sure was alot of shitty Solich non-talent getting drafted in the NFL the past few years. I wonder if they caused 70-10.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Apparently you didn't watch Texas and USC play for the national title a couple years ago. That game was about recruiting. The teams that recruit the best win championships.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:13 PM
There sure was alot of shitty Solich non-talent getting drafted in the NFL the past few years. I wonder if they caused 70-10.

Adam Carriker is the only first round pick lately.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Apparently you didn't watch Texas and USC play for the national title a couple years ago. That game was about recruiting. The teams that recruit the best win championships.
If Mack Brown or Pete Carrol were at Nebraska, i'd be afraid.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Adam Carriker is the only first round pick lately.
ROFL

So the rest are just scrubs?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Solich ran NU into the ground. The only reason he had a good first couple years was because he was using osborne recruits. It had to take severals years for Calahan to fix it. He has it going into the right direction. NU will be contender for the big 12 title on a consistent basis now.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
If Mack Brown or Pete Carrol were at Nebraska, i'd be afraid.

You can criticize Callahan's play calling all you want, but everyone thinks they can call plays. The offense wasn't ready to face the best defenses.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
ROFL

So the rest are just scrubs?

He was far and away our best pro prospect during the past couple years.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Solich ran NU into the ground. The only reason he had a good first couple years was because he was using osborne recruits. It had to take severals years for Calahan to fix it. He has it going into the right direction. NU will be contender for the big 12 title on a consistent basis now.
That's good stuff. Huskerpedia.com.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 04:20 PM

obviously you haven't visited that site. You would fit in well over there. They would love you.

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
No, that's classic bigredboard.com there.

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Dailey was afraid to take a hit! There's no way he could run the option. He didn't have speed or a good arm. He's not even playing quarterback at North Carolina right now.

Rebuilding an offensive line takes years considering the lack of depth Callahan inherited. You know the offensive line will improve beginning this year for several reasons.
We'll see. I'm just tired of the excuses, it's time for him to show us something.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 05:04 PM
No, that's classic bigredboard.com there.

I think what he said is a fact.

Tactical Funky
08-29-2007, 05:16 PM
I think KU will be 2-3 games better than last year, but I'm worried about our Pass D after Talib and there's still some uncertainty on Reesing. I like the kid, though, and think he'll do pretty well regardless.

Mangino needs to get to a bowl game or else he may be saying sayonara to Mt. Oread...

LiL stumppy
08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
SOUTH:
1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma State
4. Texas Tech
5. Texas A&M
6. Baylor

Don't care about the north. The south is where real football is played.

alanm
08-29-2007, 07:00 PM
70-10 Skip. Every time you post the score the margin keeps getting bigger. :)

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I think what he said is a fact.
:hmmm:

Solich ran NU into the ground.
He never had a sub .500 season.

. The only reason he had a good first couple years was because he was using osborne recruits.
He lost 4 games his first year.

It had to take severals years for Calahan to fix it. He has it going into the right direction.
So it's "fixed" now? I can expect a win over a top 10 team this year?

NU will be contender for the big 12 title on a consistent basis now.
Well, I suppose if one considers getting their ass kicked in the Big XII title game as "contending", I suppose I have to give you that.

I'm not trying to pile on Sam, but the problem is that Callahan has done nothing to prove his detractors wrong, and nothing to prove his supporters right.

Priest4Prez
08-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Iowa State gets second in the north. write it down

Bugeater
08-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Iowa State gets second in the north. write it down
ROFL Second to who?

Priest4Prez
08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
ROFL Second to who?
good question. I don't know. Every other year for the past 4 years the cyclones have finished second or last. that is my reasoning and the fact that the north is always up for grabs

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:20 PM
SOUTH:
1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma State
4. Texas Tech
5. Texas A&M
6. Baylor

Don't care about the north. The south is where real football is bought and paid for
FYP

|Zach|
08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
" Wrasslin' "
ROFL

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm not trying to pile on Sam, but the problem is that Callahan has done nothing to prove his detractors wrong, and nothing to prove his supporters right.
IMO, he's done OK, but not great. He won't seperate himself from the pack of North teams who will get better over time, and some that have even given him fits already. Hell, even KU of all teams has given Callahan alot of trouble over his first 3 seasons, and they are one of the least talented teams in the North.

Maybe when he gets his "own guys" in there, it will get better, but who knows. Having alot of talent helps, but lord knows Callahan can't adjust his gameplans, as we've seen at Nebraska AND Oakland.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 07:40 PM

The kitties would still be a force if Snyder recruited better in the end and Prince continued it.

Doob02
08-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Chizik will reign as king in the North

Go Clones...

Bowen for Heisman...

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 07:46 PM
:hmmm:

He never had a sub .500 season.

He lost 4 games his first year.

So it's "fixed" now? I can expect a win over a top 10 team this year?

Well, I suppose if one considers getting their ass kicked in the Big XII title game as "contending", I suppose I have to give you that.

Solich started the problems we're dealing with today. Callahan has had to clean up the mess. Sorry to say but I really don't think you're a fan of Husker football. I've tried and tried to tell you the program is headed in the right direction but you don't buy it. I'm done trying to tell you that Nebraska is pulling away from the other North teams. You're not going to get instant gratification. Everyone knew this would be a five year process. This is the last year that Nebraska won't be the consensus favorite in the North. We're already have the most talent in the division. Yes, a lot of it is young talent, but give it time. It took Mack Brown a long time to get where the 'Horns are.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:47 PM
The kitties would still be a force if Prince recruited better.
I'm happy with his recruiting. Not a whole lot of first year coaches get to a bowl game AND defeat a top 5 team while giving quite a few true freshman (Prince recruits) significant playing time to boot.

I don't expect a whole lot this year, but I expected maybe 2 or 3 wins last year, too.

I also shouldn't expect a whole lot out of a Nebraska tee-shirt fan who tears ticket stubs for a living, either...

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Solich started the problems we're dealing with today. Callahan has had to clean up the mess. Sorry to say but I really don't think you're a fan of Husker football. I've tried and tried to tell you the program is headed in the right direction but you don't buy it.
ROFL

Why should he listen to you? He's more of a fan than you'll ever be, tee-shirt fan.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:49 PM
I love it when the vat of Big Red Kool-Aid gets pissed in by one of its own...flies to a bug zapper...

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 07:55 PM
ROFL

Why should he listen to you? He's more of a fan than you'll ever be, tee-shirt fan.

piss off

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm happy with his recruiting. Not a whole lot of first year coaches get to a bowl game AND defeat a top 5 team while giving quite a few true freshman (Prince recruits) significant playing time to boot.

I don't expect a whole lot this year, but I expected maybe 2 or 3 wins last year, too.

I also shouldn't expect a whole lot out of a Nebraska tee-shirt fan who tears ticket stubs for a living, either...

I ****ing haven't worked there in months asshole

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I ****ing haven't worked there in months asshole
Movin up in the world, eh? Or just unemployed?

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Movin up in the world, eh? Or just unemployed?

why do you care

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
I think KU will be 2-3 games better than last year, but I'm worried about our Pass D after Talib and there's still some uncertainty on Reesing. I like the kid, though, and think he'll do pretty well regardless.

Mangino needs to get to a bowl game or else he may be saying sayonara to Mt. Oread...
Wouldn't piss me off any.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
It took Mack Brown a long time to get where the 'Horns are.
I missed this gem...LMAO. Mack Brown has ever won less than 9 games while at Texas. He has taken teams he has coached to 15 consecutive bowl games. Even mentioning Mack Brown in the same breath with Throatslash Callahan is...well, LOfrigginL!

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
why do you care
Just to humiliate you further.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I missed this gem...LMAO. Mack Brown has ever won less than 9 games while at Texas. He has taken teams he has coached to 15 consecutive bowl games. Even mentioning Mack Brown in the same breath with Throatslash Callahan is...well, LOfrigginL!

You get the point and you know it. You're afraid because you know the kitties days of beating mediocre Nebraska teams are done.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Just to humiliate you further.

you don't even ****ing know what my job was there or what i'm doing now

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:12 PM
You get the point and you know it. You're afraid because you know the kitties days of beating mediocre Nebraska teams are done.
Oh dear. It will be fun to see the Big Red excuse machine in full steam when the 'Skers "only" win 7 or 8 games this year.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:13 PM
you don't even ****ing know what my job was there or what i'm doing now
No, but I assume I can put an amusing spin on it.

Skip Towne
08-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Hahaha!! Saul is getting in his last shots as the Mildcats slide back into the gutter from whence they came.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Hahaha!! Saul is getting in his last shots as the Mildcats slide back into the gutter from whence they came.
You enjoy seeing a Cat getting the best of a Cornholer as much as I do, Skippy.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:19 PM
you asked for it

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:21 PM
your decommit was a blessing in disguise, fatass

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:22 PM
here's your game program

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Speechless.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:25 PM
well done fatty

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm sure pro wrestling is real to him too

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:28 PM
see you in Lincoln

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I take this as "I've got nothin." Better luck next time.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
assclown

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:34 PM
You enjoy seeing a Cat getting the best of a Cornholer as much as I do, Skippy.

I'll enjoy having scoreboard on the kitties for years to come.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:36 PM
egads

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
the symbol

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:47 PM
ROFL

If he wants to root for Solich and the Ohio ****ing Bobcats, that's fine. Solich can have the kids from Nebraska who aren't good enough to play for the Huskers. Some Nebraskans really don't like change. Everything has to be the "old Nebraska way."

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:52 PM
If he wants to root for Solich and the Ohio ****ing Bobcats, that's fine. Solich can have the kids from Nebraska who aren't good enough to play for the Huskers. Some Nebraskans really don't like change. Everything has to be the "old Nebraska way."
How would you know anything about Nebraskans? You live in MISSOURI!

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:54 PM
How would you know anything about Nebraskans? You live in MISSOURI!

I've been up there enough times and I've seen what a number of them spew on message boards.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 08:57 PM
I've been up there enough times and I've seen what a number of them spew on message boards.
Oh, I guess that makes you the expert then, huh?

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh, I guess that makes you the expert then, huh?

you should listen to their crappy sports radio shows

Saulbadguy
08-29-2007, 09:01 PM
you should listen to their crappy sports radio shows
You don't buy in to Rosies diatribe?

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 09:02 PM
You don't buy in to Rosies diatribe?

He's an employee of the university.

Marlboro_Chief
08-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Chase Daniel is going to be more of a Missouri folk hero than Jesse James when this season is all said and done.

WilliamTheIrish
08-29-2007, 09:44 PM

I think you're trying to make Sam Hall cry.

WilliamTheIrish
08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
You can criticize Callahan's play calling all you want, but everyone thinks they can call plays. The offense wasn't ready to face the best defenses.

I've heard for that it takes "x" (first 3, then 4) number if seasons to implement the the very intricate offense that Cally runs.

Then out of nowhere, Sam Keller picks it up in 60 days and is TEARING UP THE SCOUT TEAM!!!!1111

WilliamTheIrish
08-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Saul, you big meanie. I've never seen Sam so upset. Posting those Huskerpedia pics was the act of a desperate teen.

Sam Hall
08-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Saul, you big meanie. I've never seen Sam so upset. Posting those Huskerpedia pics was the act of a desperate teen.

scoreboard

Saulbadguy
08-30-2007, 08:52 PM
ROFL

Kent State up 23-14 as we speak. 3 minutes left in the 4th.

WilliamTheIrish
08-30-2007, 10:05 PM
scoreboard

Your Huskerpedophelia photo shops have improved. I can tell because you're not using Crayola's any more.

Sam Hall
08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Your Huskerpedophelia photo shops have improved. I can tell because you're not using Crayola's any more.

great comeback :bravo:

Archie Bunker
08-30-2007, 10:23 PM

Good call.

WilliamTheIrish
08-30-2007, 10:28 PM
great comeback :bravo:

Truth be told Sam, I lied. Those photoshops were pretty pretty weak. I was trying to be nice since Saul had owned you like a plantation mule.

Carry on.

Sam Hall
08-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Truth be told Sam, I lied. Those photoshops were pretty pretty weak. I was trying to be nice since Saul had owned you like a plantation mule.

Carry on.

There's nothing you or him can say as K-State fans.

WilliamTheIrish
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
There's nothing you or him can say as K-State fans.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say Sam.

Sam Hall
08-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to say Sam.

You sure make a lot of noise for someone whose team has no chance to win anything this year.

alanm
08-30-2007, 10:52 PM
That video game sure can pick 'em
Peter Schrager
Special to FOXSports.com, Updated 1 day ago

Two years ago, I found myself wide awake at 3 a.m. on a random Thursday night in August, playing NCAA '06. I'd gotten the game earlier in the day, spent the first few hours of the night making all the necessary changes on the depth charts, and just cracked open the first of what would be several Barq's Root Beers.

Starting off a season with the Tennessee Volunteers, I was excited for the realism and accuracy that made the video game one of the best on the market. Of course, a mere 15 minutes into my opener with UAB, I noticed something very odd scrolling across the fake bottom line ticker. According to the game, unranked TCU, apparently, had beaten No. 3 Oklahoma in Norman.

I was disgusted.

Long a fan of the Electronic Arts franchise, I couldn't take the game seriously from that point on. I'd lost faith. A crazy upset? On the road? During the opening week of the season? Ugh.

That kind of stuff didn't happen in real life. My beloved game had clearly let me down.

Sure enough, three weeks later, the real TCU Horned Frogs beat the real Oklahoma Sooners in Norman.

I haven't doubted the game since.

Throughout last year, we turned to NCAA '07 for predictions. The results were uncanny. Before the season, a simulated run-through of the game revealed Florida as the eventual SEC Champions, Boise State making a run at a BCS bowl berth, and both Florida State and Miami finishing the season outside of the Top 25. Furthermore, Troy Smith was accurately predicted as the Heisman, Arkansas and Wake Forest foreseen with winning records, and Kentucky capable of both an upset over Georgia and an eventual victory in a bowl game.

Move over Kreskin.

By now, you've read all the college football previews, heard all the hype, and seen all the lame Heisman promotional material you'll ever need for the 2007 college football season. You know Colt Brennan's going to throw for 40-plus touchdowns, Darren McFadden's going to do some wild stuff out of the Wildcat formation, and Jimbo Fisher's going to bring offense back to Tallahassee. Boise State returns a slew of starters, West Virginia adds Noel Devine to its already loaded backfield, and Tulsa's everyone's sexy mid-major sleeper pick.

It all starts this week, and you've never been more prepared.

But before we get started, let's see what the old video game console had to say.

With every player's name loaded and every team's roster updated on to the game, we've simulated the entire 2007 college football season. After a half hour of scores zipping, names flashing, and fight song music blaring in the background, we've got polls, awards, a national champion — the whole deal. Take some time and read through.

NCAA '08 end of regular season rankings
: 1. LSU
2. Nebraska
3. West Virginia
4. Arkansas
5. Virginia Tech
6. Louisville
7. Boise State
8. Penn State
9. Michigan
10. USC
11. Ohio State
12. Florida State
13. Wisconsin
14. Texas A&M
15. UCLA
16. Florida
17. Rutgers
18. Auburn
19. Oklahoma
20. Miami
21. Texas
22. Tennessee
23. Notre Dame
24. Washington
25. Purdue

BCS matchups

Rose Bowl: Penn State (Big Ten Champions) vs. USC (Pac-10 Champions)
Final score: USC wins 51-13

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech (ACC Champions) vs. West Virginia (Big East Champions)
Final score: West Virginia wins 31-28

Sugar Bowl: Louisville (At-large) vs. Michigan (At-large)
Final score: Louisville wins 27-20

Fiesta Bowl: Arkansas (At-large) vs. Boise State (At-large)
Final score: Arkansas wins 35-21

National championship: Nebraska (BCS No. 2) at LSU (BCS No. 1)
Final score: LSU wins 34-17
MVP: Matt Flynn, QB, LSU — 23-30, 311 yards, 3 TDs

National champions: LSU Tigers

Heisman finalists

Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
John David Booty, QB, USC
Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Sam Keller, QB, Nebraska

Winner: McFadden

Other award winners

Maxwell (best player): Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Bednarik (best defensive player): Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
Davey O'Brien (best quarterback): Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Walker (best running back): Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Best WR: Mario Urrutia, WR, Louisville
Best TE: Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
Best OL: Sam Baker, OT, USC
Rimington (best center): Jeremy Harrell, C, Arkansas
Lombardi (dest defensive lineman): Andrae Wright, DE, West Virginia
Best LB: Vince Hall, LB, Virginia Tech
Thorpe (best defensive back): Jonathan Hefney, CB, Tennessee
Groza (best kicker): Richard Jackson, K, Clemson
Best Punter: Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan
Best kick/punt returner: Eddie Royal, WR, Virginia Tech
Best coach: Bill Callahan, Nebraska

First-team All-Americans:
QB: Brian Brohm, Louisville
RB: Chris Wells, Ohio State
RB: Darren McFadden, Arkansas
WR: Mario Urrutia, Louisville
WR: Early Doucet, LSU
TE: Sam Wheeler, Virginia Tech
G: Sergio Render, Virginia Tech
C: Ryan Schuman, Virginia Tech
G: Greg Isdaner, West Virginia
T: Sam Baker, USC
T: Jake Long, Michigan
DE: Andrae Wright, West Virginia
DE: Bruce Davis, UCLA
DT: Frank Okam, Texas
DT: Glen Dorsey, LSU
LB: Steve Octavien, Nebraska
LB: Dan Connor, Penn State
LB: Vince Hall, Virginia Tech
CB: Zack Bowman, Nebraska
CB: Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee
FS: Kyle Jackson, Florida
SS: Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
K: Richard Jackson, Clemson
P: Zoltan Mesko, Michigan

Second-team All-Americans:
QB: Colt Brennan, Hawaii
RB: Branden Ore, Virginia Tech
RB: Steve Slaton, West Virginia
WR: Jason Rivers, Hawaii
WR: DeSean Jackson, California
TE: Dustin Keller, Purdue
T: Jose Valdez, Arkansas
C: Mike Dent, West Virginia
G: Ramon Foster, Tennessee
G: Jordan Picou, Nebraska
T: King Dunlap, Auburn
DE: Chris Long, Virginia
DE: Chris Harrington, Texas A&M
DT: Terrance Knighton, Temple
DT: Derrell Hand, Notre Dame
LB: Ali Highsmith, LSU
LB: Rey Maualuga, USC
LB: Xavier Abidi, Virginia Tech
CB: Jonathan Zenon, LSU
CB: Chevis Jackson, LSU
FS: Otis Wiley, Michigan State
SS: Myron Rolle, Florida State
K: Kevin Kelly, Penn State
P: Patrick Fisher, LSU

All-freshman team:
QB: Adam Weber, Minnesota
RB: Noel Devine, West Virginia
RB: DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
WR: Terrance Tolliver, LSU
WR: Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech
TE: Bailey Woods, Auburn
G: James Pouncey, Florida
C: Beau Warren, Virginia Tech
G: Kevin Young, South Carolina
T: Aaron Brown, Virginia Tech
T: Jarvis Jones, LSU
DE: Lawrence Marsh, Florida
DE: Jason Adjepong, Virginia Tech
DT: Wayne Thomas, Rutgers
DT: Dexter Larrimore, Ohio State
LB: Jared Detrick, Virginia
LB: Manny Abreu, Rutgers
LB: Jeremiha Hunter, Iowa
CB: Eric Berry, Tennessee
CB: Jai Eugene, LSU
FS: Deunta Williams, North Carolina
SS: Jordan Bernstine, Iowa
K: Richard Jackson, Clemson
P: Chas Henry, Florida

Get all that?

USC losing to Nebraska in Lincoln on Sept. 15, Penn State topping Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin in the Big 10, and both Oklahoma and Texas finishing out of the top 15. Bill Callahan leading an undefeated Nebraska squad to the BCS Championship Game, UCLA and Washington edging out Oregon and Cal for the 2 and 3 spots in the Pac-10, and Boise State making a return to the Fiesta Bowl. Sam Keller invited to New York for the Heisman presentation? A team that had four players from last year's Sugar Bowl champion squad get selected in the first round of April's NFL Draft winning it less than twelve months later?

It sounds absurd, I know.

And hey, believe what you want.

But I'd keep this article bookmarked somewhere on your desktop. Save it for early December.

This video game is eerily good at predicting things.

The TCU-Oklahoma upset in 2005, Boise State's miracle season last year, Wake Forest and Arkansas turning it around in '06 ...

All things considered, Nebraska in the BCS Championship doesn't seem so crazy after all.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7159172

I'm just saying. :)