PDA

View Full Version : Ray Farmer

Deberg_1990
08-30-2007, 08:09 AM
I dont envy that guy one bit. What a thankless job....

Gardner looked like he was gonna put a cap in his A$$.

boogblaster
08-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Ray slices the meat thick ....

Simply Red
08-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Business is business. It seemed that Gardner's reason for the ax was due to stubborness more than anything. At least that is the way I took Ray's explanation.

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Hard job for sure, at least he's trying to be considerate and let them know what to work on, you can't ask for more than that.

The coaches were saying Rod was slacked most of the offseason, not really trying until lately, like he knew he's time was becoming limited. I'm sure he was butting heads too, the way he grabbed Bowe when Bowe was talking to a coach, something rubbed me wrong about that interaction too.

siberian khatru
08-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Dude looks like a badass.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Hard job for sure, at least he's trying to be considerate and let them know what to work on, you can't ask for more than that.

The coaches were saying Rod was slacked most of the offseason, not really trying until lately, like he knew he's time was becoming limited. I'm sure he was butting heads too, the way he grabbed Bowe when Bowe was talking to a coach, something rubbed me wrong about that interaction too.

Yea, its too bad because you can tell he has the raw physical looks and talent to be a good reciever. He just lacks the mental aspect of the game.

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Yea, its too bad because you can tell he has the raw physical looks and talent to be a good reciever. He just lacks the mental aspect of the game.

I thought the same thing. Too bad for him. Hope he gets his head on straight for the next camp he goes to.

Vegas_Dave
08-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Gardner was all about the attitude from what they showed. What was kind of the proof in the pudding was when Ray asked him, if we keep 5 WR and we want you back, would you be willing? Gardner was almost offended by it.

I think that was Ray making his point about why he was being cut and I dont think that Gardner picked up on that.

Direckshun
08-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Who was the guy that was 27 years old that told Farmer he was going to stop chasing the dream?

Just curious.

Archie Bunker
08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Who was the guy that was 27 years old that told Farmer he was going to stop chasing the dream?

Just curious.

Pinkard, I think.

Direckshun
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
It's a shame, I heard he had a good camp.

I knew he was fodder when we picked him up, though.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Gardner was all about the attitude from what they showed. What was kind of the proof in the pudding was when Ray asked him, if we keep 5 WR and we want you back, would you be willing? Gardner was almost offended by it.

I think that was Ray making his point about why he was being cut and I dont think that Gardner picked up on that.

Gardner is probably wondering how the hell they kept stone hands Parker over him in the first place. No wonder he had a bad attitude.

siberian khatru
08-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Ex-MLB player Richie Hebner once told me, when he was a minor league manager, that the one thing he tells his players is: The worst thing you can do in this game is get a reputation. It will follow you everywhere.

I assume that applies to all pro sports.

I was thinking that last night when Gardner was cut, when before that Herm was in the meeting saying, basically, Yeah, he's been a model citizen in camp, but there are some guys you worry about that once they've made a team, they feel secure and revert to old habits.

Herm just didn't trust Gardner, based on his past behavior.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Ex-MLB player Richie Hebner once told me, when he was a minor league manager, that the one thing he tells his players is: The worst thing you can do in this game is get a reputation. It will follow you everywhere.

I assume that applies to all pro sports.

I was thinking that last night when Gardner was cut, when before that Herm was in the meeting saying, basically, Yeah, he's been a model citizen in camp, but there are some guys you worry about that once they've made a team, they feel secure and revert to old habits.

Agreed. Farmer even told him straight up hes rubs people the wrong way for whatever reason.

Still, its hard to fathom keeping a guy like Sammie over Gardner (whos had a 1000 yard season)

There is alot we dont see though so who knows??

chagrin
08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
what is all this about exactly?

Dartgod
08-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Hard Knocks would be my guess.

Deberg_1990
08-30-2007, 11:29 AM

Sorry, Yes hard Knocks. Ray Farmer is the Chiefs Director of Pro Personnel.

DaFace
08-30-2007, 11:29 AM

I'm assuming you didn't see Hard Knocks.

Ray Farmer is the Director of Pro Personnel. On the show, they show him releasing a number of people. He's not exactly forgiving. They basically walk in, he has them shut the door and sit down, and he has them start signing the paperwork. It seems that about the only reason he talks to players is when he's letting them go, so there's no surprise.

On the way out, he tells them as clearly as possible why they're being let go. That's about it.

chagrin
08-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I have not seen hard knocks, thanks for clarifying

Simply Red
08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I have not seen hard knocks, thanks for clarifying
resend that if you'd be so kind.

Chiefnj2
08-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Then Sippio has zero chance of making the team.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2007, 12:09 PM
is there anything online that has every episode, there is waht 5 so far?

KCBOSS1
08-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Sippio looks for real to me. He was catching everything and is big. He may be a sleeper. Of course we only get to see about 45 seconds total of this guy, but he's hanging around. From what I've seen so far on HK is Bowe (just because he's a first rounder, his hands haven't been good), Kennison, Webb, Hannon & Sippio. But we'll see.

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 12:17 PM
...I was thinking that last night when Gardner was cut, when before that Herm was in the meeting saying, basically, Yeah, he's been a model citizen in camp, but there are some guys you worry about that once they've made a team, they feel secure and revert to old habits.

I heard more than that (watched it last night and this morning) I heard Herm say that Rod was talented on the field but not putting forth the best effort in the film room and to learn the playbook. THEN recently Rod became a model citizen because he felt the heat from the upcoming cut downs.

So yes it was based on past behavior, but it was past behavior on this team that gave Herm the impression. Or at least that's how I heard it.

DaFace
08-30-2007, 12:21 PM
is there anything online that has every episode, there is waht 5 so far?

There are four so far. You can watch the first three online under "Streaming Video", and torrents for all four are available under "Torrents" in the official thread here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4174898

Pneuma
08-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Sippio looks for real to me. He was catching everything and is big. He may be a sleeper. Of course we only get to see about 45 seconds total of this guy, but he's hanging around. From what I've seen so far on HK is Bowe (just because he's a first rounder, his hands haven't been good), Kennison, Webb, Hannon & Sippio. But we'll see.

Farmer on HK said they are keeping 4 wr's when releasing Gardner...Could have been Farmer just trying to prove a point about Gardners attitude.

My guess:

Bowe
Kennison
Webb
Drummond

if 5 add Sippio

I hope they cut Parker and keep Eck and Hannon on the practice squad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Drummond doesn't count as a WR...they'll consider him a KR, which would probably make it

Bowe
EK
Webb
Hannon
Drummond

then maybe Sippio on the PS.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Drummond doesn't count as a WR...they'll consider him a KR, which would probably make it

Bowe
EK
Webb
Hannon
Drummond

then maybe Sippio on the PS.
I just hope with his potential he is on the team, regarding Sippio, it seems too late in the game to add him, but i haven't seen Hannon do crap.

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I just hope with his potential he is on the team, regarding Sippio, it seems too late in the game to add him, but i haven't seen Hannon do crap.

Not only can Sippio do everything on the field, but you would think they would be impressed to see him spending extra time late at night studying the play book to catch up.

crazycoffey
08-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Not only can Sippio do everything on the field, but you would think they would be impressed to see him spending extra time late at night studying the play book to catch up.

I think so too.

GarySpFc
08-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Does anyone remember the exact words Farmer said when he told Herm, "His name is Sippio. He has a great work ethic and good hands?" I don't remember Framer saying he was slow.