PDA

View Full Version : Will Medlock eclipse "He Who Should Not Be Named" as worst Chief ever?

wazu
08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Honestly,

I think this team is better on defense, and better on offense than last year. Our schedule is tougher, which could be an equalizer, but we might overcome that if not for the fact that this new kicker will cost us at least three wins.

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Voldemort was a Chief?

:p

It is too early to tell. He has looked awful in the pre-season. Hopefully it is just nerves and he gets squared away quickly.

RustShack
08-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Medlock will adapt, he might not be better than Tynes this year, but he won't be any worse either. He will get past the rookie mistakes eventually, and get used to the NFL game.

Thig Lyfe
08-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Medlock is going to be the BEST KICKER EVER. Write it down.

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Medlock is going to be the BEST KICKER EVER. Write it down.

Whoa there!

We should ask GOATSE what he has to say on the subject before we start jumping to conclusions.

wazu
08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, since some of you youngins don't seem to know who "He Who Should Not Be Named" is, it's Lin Elliot, not Lawrence Tynes.

DAMN ME! DAMN ME FOR ACTUALLY TYPING HIS NAME! DAMN MY EYES!

pr_capone
08-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Okay, since some of you youngins don't seem to know who "He Who Should Not Be Named" is, it's Lin Elliot, not Lawrence Tynes.

LMFAO

I know who you meant. I chatted about him the the gameday thread today.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey, at least he made his last kick, right? I don't blame him for leaving a 53-yarder short.

tk13
08-30-2007, 11:00 PM

You're banned to me. And I used to think you were a quality poster.

wazu
08-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey, at least he made his last kick, right? I don't blame him for leaving a 53-yarder short.

He went 3-for-6 in the pre-season, with his longest being 42 yards. Get ready for hell.

kcfanXIII
08-30-2007, 11:30 PM
with will "the blocking sled" svitek playing LT, we're not going to get in field goal range too often, so i'm not too worried about the kicker. i know mcintosh is gonna be the starter, but i'm not sold on him, i haven't seen him play. i've just seen 71 get driven back like a blocking sled.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2007, 11:35 PM
He went 3-for-6 in the pre-season, with his longest being 42 yards. Get ready for hell.

C'mon. The kid had a bad game. Rookie kickers struggle. Be patient with him.

(I can tell I'm gonna be the only one defending this kid, just like Tynes).

Extra Point
08-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Herm won't kick anything longer than 45 in the regular season. He'd rather trade a pooch punt & 3 minutes for 3 points.

TinyEvel
08-30-2007, 11:42 PM
KEEP F*CKING DOUBTING TYNES!!!!

Frazod
08-30-2007, 11:49 PM
This is something I don't get. Kicking is kicking. This prick has been doing it since high school, right? That's eight years experience. This isn't like other positions. The ball doesn't get bigger or stronger. The goalposts don't get taller or narrower, or dodge the ball. IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN THING HE'S ALWAYS DONE. How the f#ck does somebody go from being good at something to sucking completely at something overnight?

Seriously, are all of these guys headcases? Or just the ones we end up with?

:cuss:

DJJasonp
08-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Is it too soon to start bringing out the worst draft pick ever comparison to the great Ryan Sims?

ClevelandBronco
08-31-2007, 12:27 AM
This is something I don't get. Kicking is kicking. This prick has been doing it since high school, right? That's eight years experience. This isn't like other positions. The ball doesn't get bigger or stronger. The goalposts don't get taller or narrower, or dodge the ball. IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN THING HE'S ALWAYS DONE. How the f#ck does somebody go from being good at something to sucking completely at something overnight?

:cuss:

Actually, it should be a little easier in the pros. They don't have to deal with college hashmarks.

Logical
08-31-2007, 12:45 AM
I think he may be our worst regular season kicker ever. However, since this is not a playoff winning caliber team he will never exceed LE.

Logical
08-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Actually, it should be a little easier in the pros. They don't have to deal with college hashmarks.

On the other hand the ball is different from HS to College to the Pros.

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey Colquitt struggled as a rookie as well and heck he is probally a Pro Bowl punter now.

pr_capone
08-31-2007, 12:56 AM
Hey Colquitt struggled as a rookie as well and heck he is a Pro Bowl punter now.

FYP

bringbackmarty
08-31-2007, 02:40 AM
C'mon. The kid had a bad game. Rookie kickers struggle. Be patient with him.

(I can tell I'm gonna be the only one defending this kid, just like Tynes).
and how did he do this preseason? miss any kicks? Is he gonna blossom now that he's moved on?

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 05:13 AM
I've said it many times, Medlock will turn out fine. There may be some growing pains, but he's going to be a good kicker for this team and for a long time.

In the Myths thread I showed how young talented kickers struggle but pull it together and improve each year thereafter.

the Talking Can
08-31-2007, 05:32 AM
this franchise will groom a KOTF but not a QBOTF....brilliant...

ChiefsFan4Life
08-31-2007, 07:24 AM
this franchise will groom a KOTF but not a QBOTF....brilliant...

USC baby! If you are there, Carl will draft you.

Skip Towne
08-31-2007, 08:02 AM

It's OK. You spelled it wrong.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
USC baby! If you are there, Carl will draft you.

Don't you mean UCLA :rolleyes:

Otter
08-31-2007, 08:08 AM
This poll is deemed invalid for lack of the Gaz option.

htismaqe
08-31-2007, 08:21 AM
I wish we could have kept Tynes. I'm gonna miss those 23-yard shanks...

Swanman
08-31-2007, 09:13 AM
I wish we could have kept Tynes. I'm gonna miss those 23-yard shanks...

Don't forget about the missed extra points.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Don't you mean UCLA :rolleyes:

Damnit.

BigRedChief
08-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Okay, you have never done anything to me and seem like a nice guy on the boards but you have crossed the line buster. You typed the name that shall never be typed on this board. Let the n00bs find out on their own. One more slip up and it's Jihad.
http://www.forumspile.com/Flame-I_have_connections.jpg

Otis99
08-31-2007, 12:23 PM

I've never really understood this either nor received a satisfactory explanation as to why it's the case. I realize that not every kicker is an Adam Vinatieri and can deal with pressure situations, but I think there should be three criteria that every kicker should have no problem meeting:

1. Kickoffs should consistently get close to, if not into the end zone. Hitting the 17 yard line all the time isn't gonna get the job done. Medlock so far has done a sort-of-ok job at this. I'd say that this one is the easiest criteria to meet. I mean you just need a strong leg and a little accuracy (i.e. no kicks out of bounds), right?

2. Missed PATs should be no greater than one per season, unless there was a bad snap or something otherwise the kicker's fault. Ideally you don't miss these at all. Even one per season may be high. How about one every other season?

3. Field goals shorter than 40 yards should be a gimmie. It would be nice to have accuracy beyond that, but inside 40 you shouldn't miss very often.

I mean seriously, how hard is it to find a guy that meets the above criteria? Doesn't sound hard to me.

Also, I nominate Jon Baker to be a candidate for "he who shall not be named" I'll never forget that game, which would have put us in the playoffs were it not for him.

TEX
08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
What gets me is they drafted this clown in the 5th when they likely could have gotten him after the draft. Then, they hand him the job without him having to "earn" it. And they do it after all the preaching from our snake-oil -salesman of a coach about how competition is good. :shake:

DaFace
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Threads like this make me want to stay away from the Planet sometimes. :shake:

htismaqe
08-31-2007, 12:42 PM
What gets me is they drafted this clown in the 5th when they likely could have gotten him after the draft. Then, they hand him the job without him having to "earn" it. And they do it after all the preaching from our snake-oil -salesman of a coach about how competition is good. :shake:

Medlock undrafted?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rausch
08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Threads like this make me want to stay away from the Planet sometimes. :shake:

I know what you mean...

Dave Lane
08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Honestly,

I think this team is better on defense, and about equal to the Colts game on offense. Our schedule is easier, which could be an equalizer, but we might overcome that if not for the fact that this new kicker will cost us at least three points.

FYP

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 02:02 PM
What gets me is they drafted this clown in the 5th when they likely could have gotten him after the draft.

Your claim is completely baseless and absurd.

Calcountry
08-31-2007, 02:07 PM
You're banned to me. And I used to think you were a quality poster.Yes, Adam is as bad as those fools from that movie "The Village".

You shall not speak of that name again foo.

RealSNR
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Nick Lowery just got done doing a motivational speaking tour. He stopped by my old high school. He's not doing anything, let's see if he wants some extra money.

Frazod
08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Nick Lowery just got done doing a motivational speaking tour. He stopped by my old high school. He's not doing anything, let's see if he wants some extra money.

We should ask the current kicker at your high school if he'd like some extra money. Couldn't be much of a step down from what we've got now, and since it'll be years until we play in another prime time game, playing for the Chiefs won't interfere with his homework time.

Just show up and kick on Sundays, kid, and if you suck, well hell, at least you have an excuse.

TEX
08-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Your claim is completely baseless and absurd.

Really? Prove it. You have a habit of dismissing everything that you don't agree with in this manner.

Show me something /anything that suggested that it was good to pick this kicker in the 5th. Also show me something/anything that suggests that if we didn't, someone else would have.

TEX
08-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Medlock undrafted?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Weren't you laughing about my opinion of Croyle as well? Well now you're not laughing anymore are you. Ready to start... ROFL

Yes. Undrafted. Please show me PROOF that he would have been drafted.

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2007, 07:53 PM
The ball doesn't get bigger or stronger. Actually, with the way K-balls are protected, it sort of does.

DaKCMan AP
08-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Really? Prove it. You have a habit of dismissing everything that you don't agree with in this manner.

Show me something /anything that suggested that it was good to pick this kicker in the 5th. Also show me something/anything that suggests that if we didn't, someone else would have.

2nd rated kicker: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2007/07rankings.html#k

Again:
http://football.about.com/cs/positionalranking/a/nfldraftkrank.htm

Here's a mock draft in which he went round 6 (before our pick, meaning we would've had to have traded up or taken him round 5)
http://walterfootball.com/draft2007_6.php

In ESPN's Todd McShay's mock draft he also had Medlock going in the 6th round (pick 185) before our pick (196):
http://community.livejournal.com/nflfans/1672586.html

John Clayton article stating that Medlock is expected to be drafted:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2852913

htismaqe
09-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Weren't you laughing about my opinion of Croyle as well? Well now you're not laughing anymore are you. Ready to start... ROFL

Yes. Undrafted. Please show me PROOF that he would have been drafted.

No, I was laughing at your opinion of the Chiefs QB situation. Enjoy Damon Huard and another mediocre season.

As for Medlock, you're either a masochist or just plain stupid.

Do you ever get tired of getting embarrassed on this subject?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4146019&highlight=medlock#post4146019

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4146402&highlight=medlock#post4146402

JBucc
09-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Just out of curiosity, how is that other kicker doing? The one that had all the hype about strong leg. I think I remember him getting drafted but don't remember his name or what team he's on.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Just out of curiosity, how is that other kicker doing? The one that had all the hype about strong leg. I think I remember him getting drafted but don't remember his name or what team he's on.

Crosby is 3 for 4, with the one miss over 50.

I guess Aaron Rodgers tore it up this preseason, too.

milkman
09-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Lin Elliot

Otis99
09-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Lin Elliot

I didn't think we were supposed to say Lin Elliot's name around here. The topic of Lin Elliot's kicking career is definitely not welcome on these boards. So please don't use Lin Elliot's name.

wazu
09-09-2007, 11:49 AM
It's tough being right all the time.