PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Kings "The Mist" trailer

Deberg_1990
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Looks decent. Never read the story though, so who knows?

Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile) directs. Does this guy have a hard on for King stories or what??

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834165/video/3906309/

siberian khatru
08-31-2007, 10:07 AM
I loved that story. I didn't realize they had made a movie of it.

Valiant
08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
So it looks like the Fog meets the Lottery with bugs,dragons and and tenticle thrown in...

meStevo
08-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Looks like it turns into Survivor: Albertsons.

Seeing a couple of those actors makes me want to watch The Majestic again.

Nzoner
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
I loved that story. I didn't realize they had made a movie of it.

It's been so long since I read it I was trying to remember if it was a part of his Night Shift collection.

I might have to check this one out I'm a big Thomas Jane fan.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm a big Thomas Jane fan.

I didnt realize he had any fans??

Nzoner
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I didnt realize he had any fans??

I take it you haven't seen Thursday (http://imdb.com/title/tt0124901/)

Deberg_1990
08-31-2007, 10:49 AM
I take it you haven't seen Thursday (http://imdb.com/title/tt0124901/)

Hmmm....never heard of it. Ill have to check it out since Paula Marshall is in it.

siberian khatru
08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
It's been so long since I read it I was trying to remember if it was a part of his Night Shift collection.

Skeleton Crew.

chagrin
08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
I read Skeleton Crew but I'll be dipped if I remember any of the stories in it.

That looked very cool: Marcia Gay Harden, Andre Braugher, looks like a good cast too.

Amnorix
08-31-2007, 11:50 AM

Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile) directs. Does this guy have a hard on for King stories or what??

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809834165/video/3906309/

Really, then it's worth a look. I think those two movies are absolutely fantastic. I read Shawshank Redemption, and while a very nice short story, the movie is fantastic, IMHO.

Sully
08-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Hmmm....never heard of it. Ill have to check it out since Paula Marshall is in it.
Speaking of Paula Marshall, there is a new show on Showtime called, "Californication." It has David Duchovny, and so far is a pretty good show. She was in last week's episode and did a good couple of minutes of full frontal, which suprised me, as I had never seent aht from her before.
She's not aging well, but she looked pretty damn good in that show.

KcMizzou
08-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I read Skeleton Crew but I'll be dipped if I remember any of the stories in it.

That looked very cool: Marcia Gay Harden, Andre Braugher, looks like a good cast too.Tere was "The Raft" which was in one of the Creepshow movies.

Or one of my favorites. "Survivor Type" about the diary of a heroin smuggler who's stranded on a desert island.

With lots of heroin and no food, he finds creative ways to stay well fed, and gets a little more insane with each entry.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Speaking of Paula Marshall, there is a new show on Showtime called, "Californication." It has David Duchovny, and so far is a pretty good show. She was in last week's episode and did a good couple of minutes of full frontal, which suprised me, as I had never seent aht from her before.
She's not aging well, but she looked pretty damn good in that show.

Wow, i cancelled Showtime to pick up HBO for Hard Knocks. I may have to go back now....

Loved her ever since "Cupid" with Piven.

Sully
08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow, i cancelled Showtime to pick up HBO for Hard Knocks. I may have to go back now....

Loved her ever since "Cupid" with Piven.
I don't know why, but I've liked her in everything she's been in, including "Cupid." I think there was a sitcom she was in a year or so ago, but she looked like shit in it.
I think she peaked with her short-lived role in SportsNight.

Frazod
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM

Certainly been a winning combo so far. Both of those movies are magnificent.