PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner KC Changes and other info............

chiefqueen
09-01-2007, 06:50 AM
ESPNU is finally added and at ch. 213

ESPN Classic has moved to 205 (there will be a live College FB on there and the USA semifinal game will be shown live @ 6 CDT.)

You can only get ESPN Classic now if you have digital cable.

Also, those with DVRs, you might want to watch or move any recorded stuff you want to save off you DVR. According to this avsforum, TWC is currently downloaded a new navigator (they do it from their office) and apparently when they download it wipes your dvr's memory.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=234120&page=201

Stewie
09-01-2007, 06:53 AM
I was wondering what happened to ESPN Classic. I thought my cable was screwed up. What are they going to put in its place? Another shopping channel? :(

GarySpFc
09-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Apparently the Navagator takes up lots of room on the hard disk, because I noticed I can keep far fewer programs.

Skip Towne
09-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Do they suck less now?

MichaelH
09-01-2007, 07:01 AM
I'll stick with Direct TV, thank you. I'll be watching the Big Ten channel this afternoon hoping Penn State , my Alma Mater, can pull out a win. Time Warner couldn't even try to compete with satellite.

Skip Towne
09-01-2007, 07:05 AM
I'll stick with Direct TV, thank you. I'll be watching the Big Ten channel this afternoon hoping Penn State , my Alma Mater, can pull out a win. Time Warner couldn't even try to compete with satellite.
I rid the world of a Dish Notwork system yesterday. Just ripped it out and stomped on it.

Al Bundy
09-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Yeah.. the best thing I ever did was ditching TWC. They absolutely suck.

BigMeatballDave
09-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I rid the world of a Dish Notwork system yesterday. Just ripped it out and stomped on it.DISH is, by far and away, superior to DTV. Sorry...

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 09:35 AM
ESPNU is finally added and at ch. 213

ESPN Classic has moved to 205 (there will be a live College FB on there and the USA semifinal game will be shown live @ 6 CDT.)

You can only get ESPN Classic now if you have digital cable.

Also, those with DVRs, you might want to watch or move any recorded stuff you want to save off you DVR. According to this avsforum, TWC is currently downloaded a new navigator (they do it from their office) and apparently when they download it wipes your dvr's memory.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=234120&page=201
too late .... i already got the new navigator and the "half" recordings to prove it. :(

Bowser
09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Do they suck less now?

No, but at least I still don't get the NFL Network when the weather goes shitty.

Uhh, wait....

Dartgod
09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't like the new navigator. And we didn't lose any recordings (none saved), but it did wipe out out scheduled recordings. I had to reprogram them all.

Dartgod
09-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Holy crap, i just found another thing I hate about it. With the old system, I could get a category listing of every college football game. I still can with this new system, but each one is titled just "College Football". I have to select each listing to see who is actually playing.

It's a pain in the ass.