PDA

View Full Version : Walter Football -- Chiefs will have the NFL's worst record.

Direckshun
09-01-2007, 12:54 PM
He thus has us picking Brian Brohm #1 in next year's draft.

http://www.walterfootball.com/finalprojections2007.php

Kansas City Chiefs

Herm Edwards decided to bench Brodie Croyle after the team's horrendous performance against a mediocre Saints defense in Week 3 of the preseason. I don't know if Damon Huard is going to make much of a difference. In the wake of losing Willie Roaf and Will Shields the past two offseasons, the offensive line sucks. The receiving corps is comprised of a regressing 34-year-old (Eddie Kennison) a glaring no-talent (Samie Parker) and a rookie (Dwayne Bowe). Larry Johnson will get injured this year, as no running back since Eric Dickerson has finished in the top 10 in rushing after carrying the ball 385 or more times in a single season. The defense can't tackle either.

Oh, and while Edwards is a great motivator, he's often clueless as a coach, as evidenced by his game plan against the Colts, and his reluctance to bench a horrendous Trent Green last year. I think the Chiefs will be the worst team in the NFL in 2007.

Projected Win Total: 3-5

DaKCMan AP
09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
He's 50% correct. Brian Brohm will be the #1 overall pick. However, whether by record or trade, I think he'll end up in Atlanta.

ROYC75
09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, that guy is even more stupid than our coaching / management staff is ......

keg in kc
09-01-2007, 01:03 PM
The more predictions like this, the better. Because the best seasons here seem to happen when everybody thinks we'll suck.

Eleazar
09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Larry Johnson will get injured this year, as no running back since Eric Dickerson has finished in the top 10 in rushing after carrying the ball 385 or more times in a single season.

What is the link between those two? It just means he might not be as effective, not that he's going to get injured.

I don't think we'll have the worst record, it won't be quite that bad.

runnercyclist
09-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Of course we won't have the worst record. Last time I checked the Raiders were still in the league.

kcxiv
09-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Raiders have a better defense though. I think they will still suck on offense though.

Brock
09-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Raiders have a better defense though. I think they will still suck on offense though.

Other than a couple of offensive positions, the Chiefs aren't much better than the Raiders on paper, and in some spots, the Raiders are notably better. They have an inexperienced coach, we have the brilliant Herm Edwards. Look out.

Ugly Duck
09-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I think the Chiefs will be the worst team in the NFL in 2007.

Projected Win Total: 3-5

There seems to be a growing consensus.... Sports Illustrated, them other experts, these guys...

Archie Bunker
09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I could see it.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm so frickin' ready for the season. We are being doubted by almost everyone across the board. It's driving me nuts. We are going to prove them ALL WRONG. EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF THEM.

BigRock
09-01-2007, 02:08 PM
I love the predictions that say KC will do poorly because LJ's going to get injured. When he dominates again, how many of the people making that prediction are going to step up and righfully declare him the baddest man alive?

I bet not many.

Direckshun
09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I love the predictions that say KC will do poorly because LJ's going to get injured. When he dominates again, how many of the people making that prediction are going to step up and righfully declare him the baddest man alive?

I bet not many.
2008: "LJ will get injured this year. He's long past due."

2009: "How has he stayed healthy so long? LJ's time is up."

2010: "Nobody stays healthy forever. LJ finally goes down this year."

OnTheWarpath15
09-01-2007, 02:38 PM
There seems to be a growing consensus.... Sports Illustrated, them other experts, these guys...

I'm 100% positive that SI picked KC to go 7-9 and finish AHEAD of the Raiders.

teedubya
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

He has us picking third in the draft, this year.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
i wouldn't be surprised at all.

OnTheWarpath15
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
He's 50% correct. Brian Brohm will be the #1 overall pick. However, whether by record or trade, I think he'll end up in Atlanta.

Amazing how Brohm's stock fell once the teams themselves started watching film...

Mecca
07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Amazing how Brohm's stock fell once the teams themselves started watching film...

Let's understand though when alot of us thought that we thought they'd be influenced by Petrino and Brohm would have clearly been his guy.

Also when he has us picking 3rd and taking Michael Crabtree you can't do anything but be happy, he's likely the best player in next years draft.

Coach
07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Let's understand though when alot of us thought that we thought they'd be influenced by Petrino and Brohm would have clearly been his guy.

Also when he has us picking 3rd and taking Michael Crabtree you can't do anything but be happy, he's likely the best player in next years draft.

Crabtree is amazing talent at Texas Tech. That being said, I don't think the WR position is a very high priority, at least for now. I guess we'll know more as to what positions the Chiefs will be needing to fill once football gets to the midway point of the season.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
WR to me is one of the 5 most important positions on a team, if you have 2 WR's who are top notch you severely limit the way a defense can play you.....

They'll be really scared of getting beat deep, never have guys up, the rest of the offense can be opened up due to a defenses fear of the big play.

HolmeZz
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Crabtree's a beast. His ability after the catch was about as good as any college receiver I've seen, and that was just in his freshman year.

If he comes out this year, the questions you're going to hear about him will be about his route-running and whether or not he can go over the middle, which are criticisms that probably say more about Tech's system than Crabtree. They didn't need to run real routes to get him the ball. It was basically a lot of receiver screens and stretching of the field vertically.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Crabtree is basically everything you could ask for, big, fast, great running ability, going over the middle doesn't concern me because he has the body so I don't think it would be an issue.

chiefs1111
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Crabtree is basically everything you could ask for, big, fast, great running ability, going over the middle doesn't concern me because he has the body so I don't think it would be an issue.

Yeah I would love to see him here with D. Bowe,that could be a great 1-2 punch

The Franchise
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
I'd be happy with Crabtree or Maulauga (sp?).

Mecca
07-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I'd be happy with Crabtree or Maulauga (sp?).

Now this is from me a SC fan, I would never use a top 5 pick on a MLB.

teedubya
07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Bowe and Crabtree would be scary good. Almost like Bowe and Boldin! :-P

Direckshun
07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
How on earth would Crabtree fall to #3?

Crabtree and Oher, right now, are #1 and #2...

Mecca
07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
How on earth would Crabtree fall to #3?

Crabtree and Oher, right now, are #1 and #2...

Because that Parcells guy is likely to have a top 3 pick and he'll probably go for a pass rusher....

That site has Oher and Michael Johnson at 1-2 if you didn't look.

Direckshun
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Because that Parcells guy is likely to have a top 3 pick and he'll probably go for a pass rusher....

That site has Oher and Michael Johnson at 1-2 if you didn't look.
I didn't look, but I'm like you. I think (outside of my Bradford crush) Oher and Crabtree are far and away the best best best players in next year's Draft.

Lots of things can happen I guess. I don't know.

Edit: Actually, I don't think you're that high on Oher.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I didn't look, but I'm like you. I think (outside of my Bradford crush) Oher and Crabtree are far and away the best best best players in next year's Draft.

Lots of things can happen I guess. I don't know.

Edit: Actually, I don't think you're that high on Oher.

I can give you guys who could go ahead of them if you're really wondering about how they could possibly fall.

Direckshun
07-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I can give you guys who could go ahead of them if you're really wondering about how they could possibly fall.
Well we've already talked a bit about this.

The only way I see Crabtree falling out of the top 2 is if the two teams have a serious hard-on for passrushing or quarterbacking, and then there's Oher.

Only QB I'd even consider over Crabtree, unless the kid from Clemson has an unbelievable year, is Stafford. And that's just a pure QB reach. I think Johnson's worth it, too. And we've talked a bit about Andre Smith.

But that's it. Outside of a boneheaded GM or two, Crabtree shouldn't last long.

Mecca
07-29-2008, 08:22 PM
I guarantee you Vontae Davis will be a combine star.