PDA

View Full Version : Homes on the NFI list

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought this merited its own thread, just to explain... he will be eligible to come back after game 6 this season if we wanted to activate him...

Essentially he will not count towards the 53 man roster until activated... meaning we are carrying 5 RB's and Ross and Smith might be heading to the PS once they are cut (and we sign other people)... I think they left them on the roster so that no one would try and pick them up on the first couple of days when eveyone is cut...

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
what's the different between NFI and PUP?

chiefforlife
09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
I dont think this is correct, this sounds like the PUP.

carlos3652
09-01-2007, 05:01 PM
FYI... 3 years ago, but same thing...

Updated: September 7, 2004
Email
Print
TAMPA, Fla. -- Receiver Joe Jurevicius was moved to the reserve non-football injury list and guard Kerry Jenkins was placed on injured reserve with a neck strain when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers trimmed their roster Sunday.

Sixteen players, including defensive tackle Oliver Gibson, were released.

Jurevicius, a major contributor when the Bucs won the Super Bowl two years ago, missed most of last season with a knee injury that has been slow to heal. Back surgery the first week of training camp further delayed his return.

By going on the reserve non-football injury list, Jurevicius will be eligible to return after six games.

IA_Chiefs_fan
09-01-2007, 05:03 PM
If Bennett can't stay healthy, it would be wonderful to have PH after week 6. If Bennett's healthy, there wouldn't be a need for him.

Bowser
09-01-2007, 05:05 PM
So then it's still a mandatory six week abscence?

jjchieffan
09-01-2007, 05:12 PM
NON-FOOTBALL INJURY OR ILLNESS (NFI). A player who fails the pre-season physical of his club because on an injury unrelated to football (i.e., plays basketball and gets hurt) may be placed on the Non-Football Injury or Illness (NFI) list if the injury renders him unable to play football. A player will not be entitled to receive his salary on NFI (but the club can elect to pay him) and will be prohibited from practicing with the club until the three (3) week period beginning the day after the club's 6th regular season game (similar to the format previously discussed for PUP). If the non-football related injury occurs after the player passes the club's preseason physical (i.e., cuts his leg while mowing his lawn), the player may also be placed on NFI but is not able to return to practice or play with the club at any time during the season.

Mr. Laz
apparently ....

i guess NFI is just a fancy name for the PUP list

after week 6 they either have to activate, release or put Holmes on IR.

dirk digler

Yep.

mikey23545
09-01-2007, 05:16 PM
I call BS...How could Holme's injury possibly be classified as a Non-Football Injury?

Mr. Laz
09-01-2007, 05:23 PM
I call BS...How could Holme's injury possibly be classified as a Non-Football Injury?
He's was fully released by the doctor's for his neck injury.

he is not ready because of being in shape .... conditioning is not considered a football related injury.

mikey23545
09-01-2007, 05:36 PM
he is not ready because of being in shape .... conditioning is not considered a football related injury.

Lack of conditioning is considered an injury?

Shouldn't about half of all DTs be on this list?