PDA

View Full Version : Available QB's

DenverChief
09-02-2007, 08:17 AM
I know most you guys are drooling for Leftwich ...I thought we might see who else got cut? And who you might like...

Doug Johnson Cin
Ken Dorsey Cle
Gibran Hamdan Mia
Bryan Randall Pit
Tim Rattay Ten
Lang Campbell Ari
Quinton Porter Hou
Bradlee Van Pelt Hou
Drew Henson Min
Drew Olson Bal
Brett Elliott Sandy Eggo
Ingle Martin GB
Matt Baker NO
Tim Couch Jax
John Navarre Ind
Cody Pickett Oak
Printers KC
Terrell KC
Leftwich Jax

Jeebus after making this list I think I'm going to throw up

burt
09-02-2007, 08:18 AM
O know most you guys are drooling for Leftwich ...I thought we might see who else got cut? And who you might like...

Doug Johnson Cin
Ken Dorsey Cle
Gibran Hamdan Mia
Bryan Randall Pit
Tim Rattay Ten
Lang Campbell Ari
Quinton Porter Hou
Bradlee Van Pelt Hou
Drew Henson Min
Drew Olson Bal
Brett Elliott Sandy Eggo
Ingle Martin GB
Matt Baker NO
Tim Couch Jax
John Navarre Ind
Cody Pickett Oak
Printers KC
Terrell KC
Leftwich Jax

Jeebus after making this list It hink I'm going to throw up

hink so????

milkman
09-02-2007, 08:19 AM
That right there might be the sorriest list of QBs ever.

The sad part is, Damon Huard's name would fit right in.

Buehler445
09-02-2007, 08:19 AM
WOW that's rough. Rattay played most of Tampa's season last year didn't he? Anybody know if he has any potential or is he just a Turnover machine.

boogblaster
09-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Hummnn pick your poison ....

Deberg_1990
09-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Ken Dorsey is on there.....for all the Cane fans.

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2007, 08:22 AM
*Disclaimer*

Any opinions on who we should sign to be our third QB should go through Hootie or TEX.

the Talking Can
09-02-2007, 08:22 AM
KC will sign and play all of them.

And each one will have their own Hootie.

DenverChief
09-02-2007, 08:23 AM
*Disclaimer*

Any opinions on who we should sign to be our third QB should go through Hootie or TEX.

LMAO

DenverChief
09-02-2007, 08:23 AM
That right there might be the sorriest list of QBs ever.

The sad part is, Damon Huard's name would fit right in.

:sulk: I hate it when you are right

BigMeatballDave
09-02-2007, 08:25 AM

And each one will have their own Hootie.LMAO

StcChief
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM

And each one will have their own Hootie.
ROFL

the Talking Can
09-02-2007, 08:32 AM
this the trash we aspire to, in the absence of any willingness to risk developing a QB....Bono, Huard, Grbac...not a dimes difference

DenverChief
09-02-2007, 08:33 AM
this the trash we aspire to, in the absence of any willingness to risk developing a QB....Bono, Huard, Grbac...not a dimes difference

It can't be true!

Deberg_1990
09-02-2007, 08:39 AM

Sounds like Rattay would be the man then, to continue on in the Niner's trash tradition.

In all honesty, at this point Leftwich is far and away the best and most obvious choice. Its not even close.

PastorMikH
09-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Honestly, I would have opted to keep Printers as #3. If we need a #3 in a game, we need a QB that is mobile enough to protect himself because obviously the OL didn't protect the other two. And Printers seems to do decent in the midst of Chaos.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Terrel on the PS and wouldn't be surprised to see him there in nobody nabs him.

As for Leftwich, I'm not so sure I am so anxious to see him signed. Bringing him in will take away from Croyle's work time and developement. Also, I could see Herm opting for him instead of working through the hard knocks of breaking in a new QB. To me, signing him means Croyle gets bumped down another notch and for the next two years we will be hearing that he is our QBOTF but instead he will rot on the bench.

PastorMikH
09-02-2007, 08:56 AM

I still remember hearing that Blundin had one of the strongest arms in the NFL when he was riding the pine in KC. Locally I heard that they had plans on him becoming the QBOTF. But instead of giving him any game time to see if he really was QBOTF material, he rode the pine behind Dave Kreig, Joe Montana, and I can't quite remember but he may have also been there with BoNO.

Not saying the guy had what it took, just saying we never got to find out. I think Croyle has what it takes and I hate the thought of us not giving him any real chance to find out for sure.

runnercyclist
Keep ****ing doubting Tyler Palko!

(an obvious omission)

milkman
Honestly, I would have opted to keep Printers as #3. If we need a #3 in a game, we need a QB that is mobile enough to protect himself because obviously the OL didn't protect the other two.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Terrel on the PS and wouldn't be surprised to see him there in nobody nabs him.

As for Leftwich, I'm not so sure I am so anxious to see him signed. Bringing him in will take away from Croyle's work time and developement. Also, I could see Herm opting for him instead of working through the hard knocks of breaking in a new QB. To me, signing him means Croyle gets bumped down another notch and for the next two years we will be hearing that he is our QBOTF but instead he will rot on the bench.

As long as Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards are here, we aren't going to give a young QB the chance to develop.

We might as well bring in Leftwich.

I've grown used to suckass vet QBs.

jjchieffan
09-02-2007, 09:32 AM

You forgat Gannon

Deberg_1990
09-02-2007, 09:53 AM
As long as Carl and Herman ****ing Edwards are here, we aren't going to give a young QB the chance to develop.

We might as well bring in Leftwich.

I've grown used to suckass vet QBs.

I honestly think its more Carl than Herm. Herm developed Pennington, so he has somewhat of a track record.

Its really become a catch 22. The fans say they want a young stud QB, but when it comes down to it, no one is willing to give him the year or two to develop. Carl, in turn panics and decides he needs a solid veteran QB, someone who wont win alot of big games by himself, but wont make alot of stupid mistakes like a young QB would.

Carl is a master of doing "just enough" to keep the fans interested. He refuses to blow up a team and start over from scratch. Its just not his style. Like it or love it, its what we have learned to deal with until hes dead or gone.

blueballs
09-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Dee Brown

DaKCMan AP
09-02-2007, 10:22 AM
no thanks

blueballs
09-02-2007, 10:23 AM
For the Cowher lovers
Kordel Stewart
that should end that love affair

dj56dt58
09-02-2007, 10:33 AM
who cares? Any of them would have looked like Peyton Manning with our old offensive line, and will ****ing suck behind our current line. I would rather keep who we have and re-develop an all pro offensive line. The game is won in the trenches like DV always said. Problem was he couldn't develop a defensive line worth shit so the defense always sucked. Herm is building a great defensive line but if he can't get the offensive line to match it will be DV all over again except all D no O

KCJohnny
09-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Terrell's got a future with the right team.

OnTheWarpath15
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I honestly think its more Carl than Herm. Herm developed Pennington, so he has somewhat of a track record.

Its really become a catch 22. The fans say they want a young stud QB, but when it comes down to it, no one is willing to give him the year or two to develop. Carl, in turn panics and decides he needs a solid veteran QB, someone who wont win alot of big games by himself, but wont make alot of stupid mistakes like a young QB would.

Carl is a master of doing "just enough" to keep the fans interested. He refuses to blow up a team and start over from scratch. Its just not his style. Like it or love it, its what we have learned to deal with until hes dead or gone.

Great post, Deberg.

Spot on.

Archie Bunker
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Rattay and Leftwich are the only 2 that are NFL caliber. Either one is fine with me.

KCJohnny
09-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Great post, Deberg.

Spot on.
Well... Carl has one of the highest winning % of any long-tenured GM. A trio of 13-3 seasons, and nearly all his starting QBs have made the pro bowl. Our Chiefs were a single play away from advancing to the AFC Championship game 3 times. I agree, it gives the appearance of "just good enough" not to have to rebuild, but what do you call 2001-2002? We went 14-18 with St. Vermiel and Ramifization. Carl will rebuild with the coach he is comfortable with. If we went 9-7 last year, why blow it up just to develop Croyle? I also think Chad Penningtin is a much better talent than Brodie. I hope to be proven wrong. Huard's the right guy for the 2007 Chiefs.

Chiefnj2
09-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Croyle should have gotten the nod last year when Green went down. The Chiefs would be a full year ahead of schedule.

milkman
09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Well... Carl has one of the highest winning % of any long-tenured GM. A trio of 13-3 seasons, and nearly all his starting QBs have made the pro bowl. Our Chiefs were a single play away from advancing to the AFC Championship game 3 times. I agree, it gives the appearance of "just good enough" not to have to rebuild, but what do you call 2001-2002? We went 14-18 with St. Vermiel and Ramifization. Carl will rebuild with the coach he is comfortable with. If we went 9-7 last year, why blow it up just to develop Croyle? I also think Chad Penningtin is a much better talent than Brodie. I hope to be proven wrong. Huard's the right guy for the 2007 Chiefs.

How exactly does a weak armed QB have more talent than one with a strong arm?

He's further along than Croyle, but given a choice, I'd much rather take the QB who has the arm strength and talent to make ALL the throws, than a noodle arm who will limit what you can do in the passing game.

banyon
09-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Where's Jeff George? [/Fatlock]

Bowser
09-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Someone needs to vote for John Navarre. He's got t be in the mood for better news after watching his alma mater get beat at home by a 1-AA school.

htismaqe
09-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Terrell's got a future with the right team.

The "right team", aka the KC Brigade...

Logical
09-02-2007, 03:35 PM
You missed the obvious choice of Thigpen.

OctoberFart
09-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Jeff George or Tim Couch.

blueballs
09-02-2007, 03:41 PM

It's quality posts like this
that separate you from
a dirt nap

blueballs
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
C-Pic

Ultra Peanut
09-02-2007, 03:56 PM
BRADLEE VAN PEEEEEEELLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

DenverChief
09-02-2007, 04:14 PM

:shrug: I didn't see him on the cut list