PDA

View Full Version : Are you excited about another year of Chiefs mediocrity?

Logical
09-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Seriously does it make you all tingly? Does the idea of another Carl seasonal abortion make you orgasmic in anticipation?

Direckshun
09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I just went to your profile and activated a list of the threads you've started recently. The sad thing is, the best thread you've got is one about sex in the backseat of a car, because your football threads have been dragging ass recently.

That said, I am expecting a mediocre season, but I'm also excited about a youth movement at WR, DL, RB, in the secondary, and special teams. I think this is a team that's got a lot of promise aided by a good number of veterans who can show them how to win.

keg in kc
09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
I have a feeling this year will be surprising. In a good way. But it's just a feeling.

As for whether I'm excited or not, well, I'm too tired and too burned-out on work to get excited about much right now.

runnercyclist
09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
I am always excited about the beginning of an NFL season. I was born in NW Missouri and therefore am a Chiefs fan. So, in a word, yes, I am excited about this upcomong Chiefs season!

Hammock Parties
09-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm always excited. Sorry.

I will admit, however, that there was no way I was buying tickets to any game but the season opener.

Deberg_1990
IM a football lover, so of course im excited. But i think we all know deep down we are headed for disappointment. As long as Carls in charge, this is the way it has to be. Its been written by the Gods or something....

Logical
I just went to your profile and activated a list of the threads you've started recently. The sad thing is, the best thread you've got is one about sex in the backseat of a car, because your football threads have been dragging ass recently.

That said, I am expecting a mediocre season, but I'm also excited about a youth movement at WR, DL, RB, in the secondary, and special teams. I think this is a team that's got a lot of promise aided by a good number of veterans who can show them how to win.

You did not like my Beatles of Your Generation thread?

BWillie
09-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Carl is just the person Chief's fan use as a scapegoat for their lack of Super Bowl..yet we are good every single year. Personally, I love being in the hunt every single year. I absolutely love it. You have your 13-3 years, you have your 9-7 years, and we don't have those Oakland Raider 2 and 14 years. I love it.

el borracho
09-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Very low expectations for this year. I will still follow them but I am preparing myself mentally for the beating that will be the 2007 season.

Bugeater
09-02-2007, 10:40 PM
No expectations=no disappointment

mikey23545
09-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Seriously does it make you all tingly? Does the idea of another Carl seasonal abortion make you orgasmic in anticipation?

The fact that you're one year closer to death is slightly warming.

BWillie
09-02-2007, 10:43 PM
No expectations=no disappointment

I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya... it feels phenomenal.

tk13
09-02-2007, 10:45 PM
This is about as down as I've ever seen this place. I'm almost half expecting us to go 14-2 because of it, just because it'd throw everyone for a loop, and nobody would know how to act since the season is already shot.

I'm not predicting that, but I admittedly don't put much stock into the preseason. I honestly have no clue what to expect. Our o-line could fall apart and Huard could flop. But I think we're a lot closer to dangerously slipping into a 11-5 Martyball type season than people expect. I think we have all the pieces to do it.

Logical
09-02-2007, 10:46 PM
The fact that you're one year closer to death is slightly warming.

I am sure you must have missed a prime opportunity:

Do you want me dead? (http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=168983)

Deberg_1990
09-02-2007, 10:50 PM
This is about as down as I've ever seen this place. I'm almost half expecting us to go 14-2 because of it, just because it'd throw everyone for a loop, and nobody would know how to act since the season is already shot.

I'm not predicting that, but I admittedly don't put much stock into the preseason. I honestly have no clue what to expect. Our o-line could fall apart and Huard could flop. But I think we're a lot closer to dangerously slipping into a 11-5 Martyball type season than people expect. I think we have all the pieces to do it.

The ironic part is, this team (talent wise) is as good as any of those early 90's teams and maybe even better. There is alot of good Veteran talent on this team.

Logical
09-02-2007, 10:52 PM
The ironic part is, this team (talent wise) is as good as any of those early 90's teams and maybe even better. There is alot of good Veteran talent on this team.

You really are delusional, but that is OK.

el borracho
09-02-2007, 10:54 PM
But I think we're a lot closer to dangerously slipping into a 11-5 Martyball type season than people expect. I think we have all the pieces to do it.
I just haven't seen the Oline do anything to warrant optimism. I guess they might surprise me but it seems unlikely. Is McIntosh really going to be that much better?

To be perfectly honest I still see the Dline as a potential downer, too. Of course I am very happy with our DEs but I haven't seen enough out of our DTs to convince me we will be anything special. Our preseason time of possession was abominable. I know, I know we were running vanilla schemes and we didn't give up that many points but the opposing teams' offenses were also running vanilla schemes and still managed to control the clock and outscore us in every single game. Not good.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I just haven't seen the Oline do anything to warrant optimism. I guess they might surprise me but it seems unlikely. Is McIntosh really going to be that much better?

YES.

el borracho
09-02-2007, 10:57 PM
We had killer lines in the 90s- both offensive and defensive. We also had two shutdown corners and one of the greatest LBs of our time. I don't see that on the 2007 Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM
You really are delusional, but that is OK.

I am???

Ty Law

Surtain

LJ

T Gonzalez

Kennison

Waters

Weigman

Welbourn

Edwards

D Johnson

J Allen

N Harris

McIntosh

Turley

Boone

Edwards

Even Huard to some extent (dont flame me)

Thats a pretty solid group of veteran talent.

stevieray
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM

Ya, I can admit my disdain for Parker and hope for the underdog(Sippio) got the best of me earlier...But deep down I think they will be better than a lot of people are expecting...including myself..I was just ready to roll with the punches of the young guys...coupled with not knowing who the starting QB was until a few days ago...it just seems puzzling....kind of hard to put a finger on who they are as a team...

el borracho
09-02-2007, 11:01 PM
YES.
Great! Now convince me that Terry is a reliable option on the right side and/ or that Turley's back will hold up for an entire season. While you are at it, convince me that Wiegman will be an effective power-rushing center at 285 pounds.

Hammock Parties
09-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Great! Now convince me that Terry is a reliable option on the right side and/ or that Turley's back will hold up for an entire season. While you are at it, convince me that Wiegman will be an effective power-rushing center at 285 pounds.

I can't.

:(

Deberg_1990
convince me that Wiegman will be an effective power-rushing center at 285 pounds.

Umm...did LJ not rush for 1700+ yards the last 2 seasons???

Direckshun
You did not like my Beatles of Your Generation thread?
Are these threads jokes, by the way, or are have you seriously learned nothing about sports?

Nzoner
09-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Now that I think about it I shou;d've voted #1.although my expecations for Kc are low i am so rady fot anothe seson of NFL!

Direckshun
09-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Terry's going to be among the better backup RTs in the league. You need to straighten yourself out on this particular issue.

But I can't make the argument that Terry is a reliable RT, for the same reason I can't make that argument for every other backup RT in the league: if he was reliable, he'd be the starter.

Yes, he's inconsistent, but that's why we have him backing up. That's the nature of the league. That's the nature of reality in general, actually.

Now I can't tell you if Turley will hold up but I can name numerous factors that make it more likely that he will. Obviously he's back to his effective playing weight, he ran blocked well in the preseason, and he didn't allow a sack. He's a year removed from the injury, and he overtook Terry at RT, who everybody thought was a slam dunk position for Terry.

el borracho
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Umm...did LJ not rush for 1700+ yards the last 2 seasons???
That he did! Of course, we weren't a power rushing team two years ago so 2005 wouldn't have much to do with the issue at hand and LJ's average went down a full yard per carry last year so there is some concern. I don't know... I hope I am wrong but I just wasn't impressed by our line last year and I haven't seen any significant improvement yet this year. I hope that changes- but I doubt it.

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Are these threads jokes, by the way, or are have you seriously learned nothing about sports?

Why would you ask such a question? How do you think I came to be Dr. Doom biatch. It was a lifetime of following the Chiefs.

stevieray
09-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Now that I think about it I shou;d've voted #1.although my expecations for Kc are low i am so rady fot anothe seson of NFL!

(belch).... ROFL

Direckshun
09-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Why would you ask such a question? How do you think I came to be Dr. Doom biatch. It was a lifetime of following the Chiefs.
So... that answer could be interpreted either way.

Are you serious with these threads or are they jokes?

keg in kc
09-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Umm...did LJ not rush for 1700+ yards the last 2 seasons???That fact, and the fact the Wiegmann is a pulling center and not a driving center, are mutually exclusive.

Truth is, the weakest point of the line right now may be the center of it (yes, as weak or weaker than RT). Dude's great in space, but he's undersized and occasionally overwhelmed, particularly in pass protection.

Hopefully we can continue to scheme around it.

luv
09-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Someone's had a few margaritas tonight. :p

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:13 PM

I suspect you have been in the sauce, either that or this is your most creative post evah.

BigRedChief
09-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Can you research me and let me know what the hell I've been up to? I've forgotten. Prior drug use you know.

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
So... that answer could be interpreted either way.

Are you serious with these threads or are they jokes?

I believe you must be drinking with Nzoner.ROFL

blueballs
09-02-2007, 11:22 PM
What will we do if PRiest goes down
What will we do if Roaf goes down
What will we do if GReen goes down

blah blah blah

Direckshun
09-02-2007, 11:24 PM
I believe you must be drinking with Nzoner.ROFL
Yeah I wouldn't want to answer my question either if I were you.

Deberg_1990
09-02-2007, 11:26 PM
What will we do if PRiest goes down
What will we do if Roaf goes down
What will we do if GReen goes down

blah blah blah

What if Sippio goes down??

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah I wouldn't want to answer my question either if I were you.

Seriously have you been around here since last October or not? Second question do you not really know who I am?

Ask anyone if they wonder if I am serious?

blueballs
09-02-2007, 11:27 PM
What if Sippio goes down??

with Hicks gone
there is an opening

el borracho
09-02-2007, 11:28 PM
What if your mom goes down??

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:29 PM
with Hicks gone
there is an opening

Hey there is a bright side Hicks is gone.

blueballs
09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
What if your mom goes down??

she said polyester gives her sneezing fits

el borracho
09-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Odd. What about Desperate Living?

Bugeater
09-02-2007, 11:33 PM
(belch).... ROFL
*hiccup*....*thump* (Joe's monitor falls off desk)

Direckshun
09-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Seriously have you been around here since last October or not? Second question do you not really know who I am?

Ask anyone if they wonder if I am serious?
See, if you answered "I'm serious with these threads, Direckshun," then you're a 13 year old boy playing on a My First Computer who can't figure out they play the games for a reason.

And if you answered "I'm just kidding around," then you'd be on record as not to be taken seriously and few people would respond to your threads.

By not answering, you can throw comments out there and simultaneously be responsible and not responsible for them, allowing people to take you seriously and you never have to rebut them because you can play the I'm Just Joking Card.

Just saying. I wouldn't want to commit either way if I were you, either.

stevieray
09-02-2007, 11:40 PM

loop snoring track...

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:41 PM
See, if you answered "I'm serious with these threads, Direckshun," then you're a 13 year old boy playing on a My First Computer who can't figure out they play the games for a reason.

And if you answered "I'm just kidding around," then you'd be on record as not to be taken seriously and few people would respond to your threads.

By not answering, you can throw comments out there and simultaneously be responsible and not responsible for them, allowing people to take you seriously and you never have to rebut them because you can play the I'm Just Joking Card.

One more time do you really not know who I am? You are truly amusing me now. I will give you some clues, I have been a fan of the Chiefs since 1966, I am 52 years old, I am also a Lakers fan and a UCLA Bruins fan. Have you figured out who I am yet?

Brock
09-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Moonshot to left field parking lot.

Logical
09-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Moonshot to left field parking lot.
It was hauled in by the left fielder who leaped over the wall and pulled it back in.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-02-2007, 11:50 PM
This has gotten sooooooo old.

Direckshun
09-02-2007, 11:50 PM
One more time do you really not know who I am? You are truly amusing me now. I will give you some clues, I have been a fan of the Chiefs since 1966, I am 52 years old, I am also a Lakers fan and a UCLA Bruins fan. Have you figured out who I am yet?
Hey, I'm not a mind-reader, and I'm not a psychologist.

I have my assumptions but I'm providing you the benefit of the doubt by asking you straight-up whether you're being serious. You haven't answered, so it pretty much reaffirms my assumptions.

So, yeah. It's conceivable that I know you pretty damn well.

Demonpenz
09-02-2007, 11:59 PM
i am am excited for beer, drinking hell raising, and middle finger waving for the chiefs haters.

YOU WANT BLOOD>>......>>>>>..>>>..>>>..>

you got it.

Logical
09-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey, I'm not a mind-reader, and I'm not a psychologist.

I have my assumptions but I'm providing you the benefit of the doubt by asking you straight-up whether you're being serious. You haven't answered, so it pretty much reaffirms my assumptions.

So, yeah. It's conceivable that I know you pretty damn well.
OK I am "Logical" and yes I am serious with these threads as I always have been. I am well known as the Andy Rooney of the Chiefs organization. You want roses and happy thoughts don't read my stuff. I tell it like it is as I really see it.

Rasputin
09-03-2007, 12:16 AM
I'd be exited to watch Brodie the QB with a rocket arm develope into what I expect him to be a star QB. I'd be exited to watch playaction pass and throw deep to Bowe for a TD. This may or may not happen or is just wishfull thinkin, but it's better than the same ol same ol.

I think Brodie and the rest of the team would have looked alot better if in fact LT D-Mac played in the preseason games, and ofcourse if Sammie didn't drop balls.

We have LJ to carry the Rock, that in itself is reason to be exited, and makes us a dangerous team. I think Michael Bennet is going to spell LJ enough and explode out of the back field for long ganes when the D is tired of tackling or getting ran over by LJ. It still depends on how our O-line holds up though.

I'm defently exited to watch our Defense nock the crap out of people. Oh for the sake of the Football Gods, our D is going to kick some ASS.

I'm not overly worried about wins and loss this year, but just want to watch this team grow into a SB continder the next 2-3 years. It may take some heart-aches this year but it is going to be worth it imo.

Who the Fu## knows this could be our year?

Direckshun
09-03-2007, 12:19 AM
OK I am "Logical" and yes I am serious with these threads as I always have been. I am well known as the Andy Rooney of the Chiefs organization. You want roses and happy thoughts don't read my stuff. I tell it like it is as I really see it.
Actually, you tell it like it isn't, and as you haven't seen it, considering not a minute of actual season football has been played.

Logical
09-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Actually, you tell it like it isn't, and as you haven't seen it, considering not a minute of actual season football has been played.

Avy bet says Chiefs lose to Texans, want to take me up on it?

L.A. Chieffan
09-03-2007, 12:28 AM
HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE ME!!!!

Wait a sec, I'm not that old.

Direckshun
09-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Avy bet says Chiefs lose to Texans, want to take me up on it?
Sure, but I have no idea why we're doing it.

Logical
09-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Sure, but I have no idea why we're doing it.

Because this is the first solid sign that this is not a quality team which is what I am pointing out.

luv
09-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Because this is the first solid sign that this is not a quality team which is what I am pointing out.
I haven't seen a game with all of our starters yet, so I'm withholding judgement. I'm still optimistic and hopeful, though.

Direckshun
09-03-2007, 12:35 AM
So why play the season?

Rasputin
09-03-2007, 12:36 AM

Is quality = mediocre or < > than mediocre?

Logical
09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Quality is not just mediocre it is > than mediocre?

luv
09-03-2007, 12:39 AM
So why play the season?
To torture fans who are remotely optimistic? Just throwing my guess in there. Am I right, Dr Doom?

kcxiv
09-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Always. Been a football fan since i was 7 years old. No reason to stop being excited now. Then again, i like almost every sport, and love the start of them all. Football, Baseball, Basketball and even Nascar.

Logical
09-03-2007, 12:47 AM
So why play the season?Carl does his job to fill the seats, winning is only done for that purpose, not with the intent of winning playoff games.

Logical
09-03-2007, 12:48 AM
To torture fans who are remotely optimistic? Just throwing my guess in there. Am I right, Dr Doom?LOL that too luv you learn fast.

RedThat
09-03-2007, 12:57 AM
No expectations this year. Just taking things in stride. One game at a time. I think we can beat the Texans week 1.

I think this team is better then last year. I really do.

I don't care what people say, we have mix of veteran leadership and youth on this roster. I'm tired of pessimism. I and others on here watch football to be entertained.

We don't have a bad team. This team can still can get into the playoffs.
Even if we are mediocre this year. I'll take mediocre over horrible. Again, I watch football to be entertained.

The Offensive line isn't as bad as some people on this board make it seem. We actually have talent there.

This is a team where I can officially say we have talent on both sides of the ball.

As crappy as our offense has looked, we do have a SOLID running game, and that is half of an offense. The running game is the QB's best friend. Running game opens up the passing game. Look at the positive aspect there.

Our defense has talent. We got some real talented cover guys out there in Law, Surtain, Edwards, Page. I think Hali and Allen are good pass rushers. That's is one part of our defense that has me excited.

I am excited that we somewhat energized this roster with youth. I will pay close attention to guys like Bowe, Tyler, Medlock, McBride, Pollard, Harris, etc....Don't know what to expect there? hey their rookies.

I am happy the Chiefs are giving Huard a chance. He deserves it. Played really really well last year and can be a great story. Gotta root for Damon Huard folks. I hate it when people cut him up. He is what I call an understudy, nobody gave him a chance. He is the journeyman type of QB. But learned from the best of them. Damon Huard is what I would label the "underdog". This is his opportunity after 11 years. gotta root for the guy.

*I think we will have a solid defense. The running game is there. As long as we don't turn the ball over, and play disciplined football, that will equate to winning games. There are a lot of positives on this team. If the Coaching staff plays the cards right, the Chiefs will be a tough team to beat on Sundays.

All I gotta say is GO CHIEFS!!! That is all I can do from here.

Logical
09-03-2007, 01:14 AM
No expectations this year. Just taking things in stride. One game at a time. I think we can beat the Texans week 1.

I think this team is better then last year. I really do.

I don't care what people say, we have mix of veteran leadership and youth on this roster. I'm tired of pessimism. I and others on here watch football to be entertained.

We don't have a bad team. This team can still can get into the playoffs.
Even if we are mediocre this year. I'll take mediocre over horrible. Again, I watch football to be entertained.

The Offensive line isn't as bad as some people on this board make it seem. We actually have talent there.

This is a team where I can officially say we have talent on both sides of the ball.

As crappy as our offense has looked, we do have a SOLID running game, and that is half of an offense. The running game is the QB's best friend. Running game opens up the passing game. Look at the positive aspect there.

Our defense has talent. We got some real talented cover guys out there in Law, Surtain, Edwards, Page. I think Hali and Allen are good pass rushers. That's is one part of our defense that has me excited.

I am excited that we somewhat energized this roster with youth. I will pay close attention to guys like Bowe, Tyler, Medlock, McBride, Pollard, Harris, etc....Don't know what to expect there? hey their rookies.

I am happy the Chiefs are giving Huard a chance. He deserves it. Played really really well last year and can be a great story. Gotta root for Damon Huard folks. I hate it when people cut him up. He is what I call an understudy, nobody gave him a chance. He is the journeyman type of QB. But learned from the best of them. Damon Huard is what I would label the "underdog". This is his opportunity after 11 years. gotta root for the guy.

*I think we will have a solid defense. The running game is there. As long as we don't turn the ball over, and play disciplined football, that will equate to winning games. There are a lot of positives on this team. If the Coaching staff plays the cards right, the Chiefs will be a tough team to beat on Sundays.

All I gotta say is GO CHIEFS!!! That is all I can do from here.
The defense should get better if the CBs don't fade and the young guys step up at safety, two pretty big ifs. Offensive line will further degrade the slippage of our offense and then playcalling will finish it off. Winning 50% of the games will be a big challenge and it is a shame we chose not to develop a QB or at least get regular season evaluation on him so we can have that 50% chance.

|Zach|
09-03-2007, 01:25 AM
Poll seems flawed to me. The basis of it has not happened.

Logical
09-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Poll seems flawed to me. The basis of it has not happened.Yes |Zach| the poll is based on speculation, your powers of observation are still intact.

|Zach|
09-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Yes |Zach| the poll is based on speculation, your powers of observation are still intact.
Awesome.

So, do you enjoy football season?

CHENZ A!
09-03-2007, 01:35 AM
YAY I'M ALL EXCITED!!!

fag.

Logical
09-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Awesome.

So, do you enjoy football season?

Enjoy is a damn sight away from excited.

BWillie
09-03-2007, 01:49 AM
The defense should get better if the CBs don't fade and the young guys step up at safety, two pretty big ifs. Offensive line will further degrade the slippage of our offense and then playcalling will finish it off. Winning 50% of the games will be a big challenge and it is a shame we chose not to develop a QB or at least get regular season evaluation on him so we can have that 50% chance.

LISTEN, if we start off 1 and 4. Brodie is gonna be the quarterback from here on out. I have no idea why people insist we HAVE to start Brodie at the beginning of the year. What if we start out guns a blazin and are 4-0 under Huard? Might as well give it a shot. If not, then the kid can play.

Arghhh I just get sick of this crap. It's really simple, really.

|Zach|
09-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Enjoy is a damn sight away from excited.
Hm, you didn't answer my question.

RedThat
09-03-2007, 02:24 AM

Our corners are fine, they're veteran guys back there and consistent....The safeties should be better. We got more speed back there, and some energy.

I think Page will be a good cover guy. His tackling concerns me though.I still think he has to get the fundamental aspects of his game down. You can tell by watching some games he is still a bit raw there. But we saw him display some real good athletic ability, and he covers ground well for a safety.

I think Pollard will help bring energy, and provide some solid tackling back there. He was known for producing the big hits in college, and made plenty of excellent open field tackles at Purdue.

I think the secondary has improved. Im not concerned there. Herm for one may not be as great of a coach, but I would never for one doubt his ability to access and evaluate talent, especially the DB's. I think he knows what he is doing there. He built some solid secondaries with the Jets.

The Offensive line has some talent. It just hasn't looked good because for one, Svitek played in most of the pre-season games. The middle of the line is solid. Waters, Wiegman, and Welbourn are all solid players.
The tackles are a bit suspect, I am not a big fan of McIntosh. I think he is an average tackle. I like Turley though. I hope he can stay healthy, (that has been his problem) and get his stuff together. He was a probowl lineman before. So Im glad to see that were giving him a chance to redeem himself.

I somewhat agree with you that the playcalling on offense is not that good. But, Larry Johnson is the Chiefs best offensive player? You have to put the ball in his hands. There does need to be a little more creativity on in the play calling a little play action here and there. Possibly some more shifts in formations. Something where we can throw defenses off-balance. That needs to happen. I think lack of creativity on playcalling will somewhat hurt this team. I think if this team is smart they can mask their weaknesses. From what I noticed last year watching games of Huard, he does have a quick release which is good if the pass protection is not as good. A couple of short step drops with some quick slant throws can force the defense to not react quick enough, or apply pressure on time. There are ways. Bowe was a known for catching the slant passes in college. Im excited to see if he can do it at the pro level. But its clear were a running team. Not exactly a bad thing when you have a top 5 back in the league. Pass protection won't be as much of a concern.

I understand most fans are dispointed that the Chiefs never went with Croyle. But the reality is, he just simply wasn't ready. It what his job to lose, and he lost it. Simple as that. Huard is the most logical choice for now. Croyle can wait.

*Doom, defense will improve. Edwards is going to be a HUGE upgrade over Bell. That will make a difference right there. And Harris should be a better fit in a cover 2 scheme than Mitchell. I think Tyler will get a lot of playing time. And Im looking forward to seeing him play. He looked good in the pre-season, and hopefully that can carry over into the regular season. You, I, and others on here know, the Chiefs need a DT badly.

htismaqe
09-03-2007, 06:01 AM
LISTEN, if we start off 1 and 4. Brodie is gonna be the quarterback from here on out. I have no idea why people insist we HAVE to start Brodie at the beginning of the year. What if we start out guns a blazin and are 4-0 under Huard? Might as well give it a shot. If not, then the kid can play.

Arghhh I just get sick of this crap. It's really simple, really.

We won't start 4-0.

But we will start 2-2, and that will be JUST ENOUGH incentive to justify starting Huard for the entire season.

I can't wait for 8-8!

Crashride
09-03-2007, 06:31 AM

Oh theyll know how to act. All of a sudden everyone will be like I knew it was gonna happen!!!good job carl!!!

gta0012
09-03-2007, 06:31 AM
I can see 2-2. if we are 1-4 i really do see Croyle coming out for a game. And doing ridiculously horrible. But at that point herm would have no choice but to keep him in.... Till week 8 when we are 3-5 and he starts Thigpen haha.

the Talking Can
09-03-2007, 06:46 AM
My excitement (not interest) for this season evaporated when Huard was named the starter after The Fan's cries for yet another 9-7 were heard by Carl. And I realized that not only was Carl responsible for 13 years of risk free mediocrity, but that our fans were also. They walk hand-in-hand into the 9-7 hued light of Career Backups and No Playoff Wins ever.

I'll watch the games, as always.

But we'll be in the exact same place next year as we are this year: needing a QB. Which makes this year with Huard a waste by defintion.

You can't avoid the inevitable (grooming a QB), you can only delay it. Carl & Chiefs Fans = permanent delay.

I've given up on hoping for a Franchise that wants to win.

gta0012
09-03-2007, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure. As much as i want a new QB I can't help but look at Croyle sucking ass in the pre-season. Yea he showed signs of a great QB but man he needs to get consistent. Throwing him in the starter position would either make him great or ruin him for his career.

htismaqe
09-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Throwing him in the starter position would either make him great or ruin him for his career.

And either way, we've moved forward.

As opposed to yet another season of being an also-ran.

But hey, as long as the stadium is full.

JBucc
09-03-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm more excited about college this year. If the Hogs suck at least Nutt will be fired, and Broyles is retiring. If the Chiefs suck, Carl and Herm will still be here.

suds79
09-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure. As much as i want a new QB I can't help but look at Croyle sucking ass in the pre-season. Yea he showed signs of a great QB but man he needs to get consistent. Throwing him in the starter position would either make him great or ruin him for his career.

Exactly! That's what we want.

Nzoner
09-03-2007, 08:45 AM
belch....ROFL

loop snoring track...

somebody shoot me please

Bugeater
09-03-2007, 08:52 AM
somebody shoot me please
GOOD MORNING JOE! HAVE A LITTLE TO DRINK LAST NITE?

Nzoner
09-03-2007, 08:58 AM
GOOD MORNING JOE! HAVE A LITTLE TO DRINK LAST NITE?

I blame that damn Gold Card I bought at 54th Street,2 for 1 drinks every Sunday and Monday.

gta0012
09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Thats not a bad deal haha

el borracho
09-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I blame that damn Gold Card I bought at 54th Street,2 for 1 drinks every Sunday and Monday.
The more you drink, the more you save!

Brilliant!

Hydrae
09-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Put me down as a person who was excited with all the off season moves, especially on defense. This is a return to the Chiefs I fell in love with in the early 90's.

Then they pull the rug out from under me with the Croyle decision. I look at the Medlock and wonder how he is supposed to be an upgrade over Tynes (ok, he can kickoff farther. So what, he won't be kicking very often if he is missing field goals and we turn the ball over on downs). We cut the one receiver in camp who can do what noone has been able to do around here in years, catch the damned ball!

So I feel like I have become a bi-polar fan. Unfortunately, the beginning of the season is not the time to be having a down swing in attitude. But that is what this organization has done to me.

Sure-Oz
09-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Carl is just the person Chief's fan use as a scapegoat for their lack of Super Bowl..yet we are good every single year. Personally, I love being in the hunt every single year. I absolutely love it. You have your 13-3 years, you have your 9-7 years, and we don't have those Oakland Raider 2 and 14 years. I love it.
We haven't won a playoff game in like 10 years? We can't even attempt to groom a young QB? I don't want continuous seasons of barely having a chance at a playoff or squeezing in and getting thrashed because we were "just good enough" to get in. I'd rather take some growing pains and build a dynasty than continue on and win 9-10 games and barely make it or not make it in the playoffs every year. We do just enough, we never get over the hump. Dick V. era, had the best offense and wasted it because the defense was the worst ever. I am kind've sick of getting the 24th pick in the draft every year as well. I always root for my chiefs to win, but Carl seems to raise the ticket prices every year for a mediocre product at best.

milkman
09-03-2007, 12:46 PM
It's easy to get excited for the new season when you've headed into each season for the last 18 years with no expectations.

Logical
09-03-2007, 01:49 PM
somebody shoot me please

It was pretty funny Joe.

Logical
09-03-2007, 03:09 PM
We haven't won a playoff game in like 10 years? We can't even attempt to groom a young QB? I don't want continuous seasons of barely having a chance at a playoff or squeezing in and getting thrashed because we were "just good enough" to get in. I'd rather take some growing pains and build a dynasty than continue on and win 9-10 games and barely make it or not make it in the playoffs every year. We do just enough, we never get over the hump. Dick V. era, had the best offense and wasted it because the defense was the worst ever. I am kind've sick of getting the 24th pick in the draft every year as well. I always root for my chiefs to win, but Carl seems to raise the ticket prices every year for a mediocre product at best.

I think this is what is worst, so many of us had mentally prepared ourselves, even got psyched about a young QB and playing some young receivers and then to go with this same old bullshit.:shake: