PDA

View Full Version : Sippio To Build Manned Base On Moon

FAX
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Sippio Joins Space Race for Moon Base
Forbes, NY - Sep 3, 2007

Apparently having tired of his NFL career, Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver, Bobby Sippio, has made other plans for his future - and the future of mankind, as well.

"I ain't screwin' around with the Chiefs no more," Sippio told the Associated Press. "Those cats don't know what they're doing, so I'm going to build a moon base where people can visit and hang and I can kick back and observe activity on the Earth."

Competing in private space flight with such companies as defense contractor and aerospace firm Northrop Grumman Corp. and Virgin Galactic doesn't seem to concern the former Arena League player either. "I kicked ass for the Rush, I kicked ass on Hard Knocks and I'll kick their ass, too," Says Sippio.

Wearing a Nike lounge suit and slippers with the price tags intact, Sippio seemed at ease with his decision during this exclusive interview, "On the lunar surface, I'll be able to prepare, you know, for a Mars flight more efficiently,” Sippio explained. “My moon base may turn into a sort of cool outpost to the red planet. I call it my Launch Pad”

When asked when this venture would begin, Sippio was noncommital. "We'll see. I'm thinking next week or the week after. I got some things to do here first. Got to bag some fuel and a rocket. Settle some stuff, you know. Then I'll blast off. It's cool."

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

BigMeatballDave
09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
LMAO

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Well it's creative, if nothing else.

Zebedee DuBois
09-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Any truth to the rumor that passengers will travel by having to catch the rocket with their hands and not let go, known as the Sippio method, often in traffic?

runnercyclist
09-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I, too, Mr Fax, hate the week before the regular season begins.

gta0012
09-03-2007, 09:43 AM
lol

NUMBER7
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
I must say the dude is talented.

Sully
09-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Hannon already did this on Mars.

--GoChiefs

HonestChieffan
09-03-2007, 10:20 AM
No Gannon did it. Hannon never made it to Mars.

Bowser
09-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Sippio obviously neede the extra space to perfect Cold Fusion.

Bugeater
09-03-2007, 10:24 AM
"On the lunar surface, I'll be able to prepare, you know, for a Mars flight more efficiently,” Sippio explained. “My moon base may turn into a sort of cool outpost to the red planet. I call it my Launch Pad”

So he's essentially building a rest stop on the moon? Will it have clean bathrooms, free coffee and weather updates?

HonestChieffan
09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
and strippers. Rumor is that its going to be like the one west of Warrensburg

Ebolapox
09-03-2007, 11:30 AM
"moon unit alpha, and we shall call the other moon unit zappa''

Groves
09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
per Sippio's agent, he'll definitely be on the moon by October.

KcMizzou
09-03-2007, 12:28 PM
"moon unit alpha, and we shall call the other moon unit zappa''Ground control to Major Bobby?

jAZ
09-03-2007, 12:45 PM
I just read this out loud at our draft party and had the room rolling. I'm in tears.

Crashride
09-03-2007, 12:50 PM
if he ends up being a bust...he needs to take his cousin with him

ChiefsFan4Life
09-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Sippio Joins Space Race for Moon Base
Forbes, NY - Sep 3, 2007

Apparently having tired of his NFL career, Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver, Bobby Sippio, has made other plans for his future - and the future of mankind, as well.

"I ain't screwin' around with the Chiefs no more," Sippio told the Associated Press. "Those cats don't know what they're doing, so I'm going to build a moon base where people can visit and hang and I can kick back and observe activity on the Earth."

Competing in private space flight with such companies as defense contractor and aerospace firm Northrop Grumman Corp. and Virgin Galactic doesn't seem to concern the former Arena League player either. "I kicked ass for the Rush, I kicked ass on Hard Knocks and I'll kick their ass, too," Says Sippio.

Wearing a Nike lounge suit and slippers with the price tags intact, Sippio seemed at ease with his decision during this exclusive interview, "On the lunar surface, I'll be able to prepare, you know, for a Mars flight more efficiently,” Sippio explained. “My moon base may turn into a sort of cool outpost to the red planet. I call it my Launch Pad”

When asked when this venture would begin, Sippio was noncommital. "We'll see. I'm thinking next week or the week after. I got some things to do here first. Got to bag some fuel and a rocket. Settle some stuff, you know. Then I'll blast off. It's cool."

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

You try SO HARD to be funny and it fails 99% of the time. I feel embarrassed and awkward for you for a lot of what you post because I know you worked so hard to be funny and got all excited when you posted it.

HonestChieffan
09-03-2007, 01:34 PM
You didnt get it?

Bowser
09-03-2007, 01:45 PM
You try SO HARD to be funny and it fails 99% of the time. I feel embarrassed and awkward for you for a lot of what you post because I know you worked so hard to be funny and got all excited when you posted it.

Thanks for confirming that you either a) have no sense of humor, or b) are too high brow for your own good. Hopefully not both.

Zeke Ziggle
09-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Any truth to the rumor that passengers will travel by having to catch the rocket with their hands and not let go, known as the Sippio method, often in traffic?

Thats not fair. its always been a dream of samie parker to go to the moon.